What's the better version for a not-so-serious game of dnd? 5e or 4e?

What's the better version for a not-so-serious game of dnd? 5e or 4e?

3.5 is the best

Both can be not-serious, but 4e takes more brainpower to play, so I'm going to say 5e.

Neither, play Risus.

Well let's still focus on DnD. I'm really in doubt because unfortunately the opinions are so mixed and controversial. I would like to play a version that is relatively easy to run with (mostly in combat), but loyal to the original rule set. Also I would like the game to be as less as politically correct as possible (unlike in the last publications)

I was going to actually reply, but you've demonstrated your faggotry with this post
Play neither, kill yourself

5e is way easier to teach to new players, so that's the one I'd vote for.

but that ain't me

I asked a simple question, so hard to answer without telling people to kill themselves? I know that this is Veeky Forums and some brainlets like you lurk here, but come on, just shut up if you do not want to give me your opinion

you ain't me buster
impersonation is a crime, ill get the cyberSS on you

and no I'm not OP

4e is for people who like Warlords. Like, a lot.

>muh political correuctnez
>in a game of pretend in which the tone is set by the people playing it and not the publishers

I say again to you, kill yourself

To be fair, warlords are probably one of the best "healer" classes d&d has had in a long time. I'm still pretty mad they didn't make it into 5e

That's where you are wrong kiddo, the tone is set by the authors. The authors will focus on including elements into the game, that will ensure profit and profit alone. As the current authors stated, the game will focus more on diversity. And this worries me, that DnD, a simple fantasy rpg willl become a circle jerk for SJW's.

To go more in depth, in 5e absolutely every mechanic and feature of the game is "play tested" by their online community. That community may consist of groups that I would not like to influence my DnD campaign. So these authors will only make official, the features that are relevant to their online community. Not only that, they also stated they want to make the game suitable for an audience as big as possible. I do not agree with that, they already simplified the game to shit so all the normie brainlets can play it, and now they are also ruining the setting of the game, so "nobody feels left out".

Well 4E is better for everything, so...

Is there any decent homebrew import?

You asked a stupid question that is agenda laden as possible, or merely shitposting to derail the thread.
Kill yourself.

Ok, I used the wrong words, I do not want the game to be mediocre and easy. Sorry for including my political views into this thread.

They actually pissed off most of the playtesters by throwing or a lot of stuff we wanted in favor of their own shit.

This was after half the playtesters ragequit after the poll rigging incident.

I haven't looked very hard desu. The closest base 5e has is the battlemaster, but after actually reading out I feel pretty insulted that anyone thinks ous a good substitution for the warlord.

thanks, now I totally convinced not to buy 5e. Could you suggest a version that stays loyal to the original setting and tone of the game, but does not have abysmal long combat? (pathfinder? 3.5 e? 3 e? idk i am still really confused)

AD&D 2e

despite the memes 4e combat goes by fairly quickly as long as someone isn't taking 20b minutes to figure out what they're doing., provided you use the mm3 monster math.

Okay.

5e is the best for teaching the basics. I'd really recommend taking a few things from 4e, though. 5e actually becomes overly simple very quickly.

5e is legitimately not that bad. It's got less stuff than 3.5 or Pathfinder and likely will never have anywhere near as much, but it's a solid game that has a decent amount of balance, and it's easy to make lower level monsters still a threat later, because numbers really still matter in 5e.

The issue is mainly that it isn't what it COULD have been, and the fact that the developers were so sure they knew what was best for everyone that they did shit like rig polls and ignore community outcries about stupid decisions like removing all options martials had for no fucking reason.

If you're not being serious, you probably want fast character creation and a slender, self-contained set of rules. Hard to top B/X there.

I can smell this post

5e takes less time to make a character and has faster combat, so it's in the lead in general, but it's much more dependent on what you want from your game other than silliness, and what you mean by silly.

In 4e, everybody is a musclebound, oiled-up, action hero from a 1980's fantasy movie, and that can be quite silly

In 5e, the PC's are regular dudes desperately trying to survive an uncaring fantasy world, and that can lead to a lot of laughs too.