Encantadia

What RPG would be most suited to running Encantadia?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encantadia
This is Encantadia, a Filipino-made, vaguely Filipino-themed, high magic, high powered, high fantasy setting where the protagonists are: (1) sisters, (2) immortal fairies, (3) at-will teleporters, (4) princesses, (5) elemental magical warriors by way of magical girl transformation sequences, and (6) Xena ripoffs.

encantadiasaga.wikia.com/wiki/Dream
>During the dream, the Sang'gre and her mate will meet. If they press their palms together and they light up, then they would know that it was Emre's will.[2][1] According to Ybarro, the participants mate in the dream.[4]
>It is also possible to conceive a child by the touching of hands, if the Sang'gre wills it.[5]
The immortal fairies reproduce by mating in dreams, but can also have babies by HOLDING HANDS.

encantadiasaga.wikia.com/wiki/Ivictus
All of the protagonists have straight-up, at-will, long-distance teleportation that can bring along passengers.

youtu.be/uuYbWOvDolI
This is a typical episode. This is definitely very "generic high fantasy action," from "teleport in and start fighting" (4:54), the random battlefield control (5:11), the elemental attacks (5:16), the bizarre and unexplained magical effects like people disintegrating into mist after being stabbed with an arrow (5:32), a single dedicated caster solving the entire situation with a single spell (5:53), the BDSM warriors (7:01), the sweatshirt ninjas (10:12), the subsequent dispellation of that spell (10:27), post-combat healing (11:11), crystals everywhere for a magical place (15:22), petrification (19:14), magical girl stock transformation sequences (28:54), and so on. It is very B-movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanta
The setting even has a constructed language.

encantadiasaga.wikia.com/wiki/Encantadia_Wikia
This is the wiki in English.

Holy fuck I think you just gave me a new favorite anime.

It needs an anime, indeed.

Holy FUCK the amount of autism in this post, down to youtube timestamps.

exalted.

>filipinos in Veeky Forums
i did not know there were others

Stopped watching ever since I grew out of my childhood autism.

Since it's a shit thread anyway and we have filipinos here I wanted to ask:

We're doing a Shadowrun game in/near/around the Philippines and I want tomake a character from there. Anything cultural I should be aware of?

>it's "fire is evil" meme yet again

Everyone rides jeeps, the MRT breaks down every week, and balut is not as prevalent as you think it is.

And national character/stereotypes/memes?

Filipinos are stereotyped as accommodating to guests, and look towards the brighter side of things.

There's also a bit of colonial mentality in that we'd usually go for western goods if we can, and also cheap as shit in that we'd buy bootlegs if it means we can buy a lot.

Political dynasties are distressingly common, and our politicians are stereotyped to be very much willing to abuse their power for personal gain.

We also have delicious food.

Can you follow someone who teleports away? Like, are there teleporting chase-scenes?

Why the hell are you talking about that shit show in our country

the tv network ABS-CBN is trying to make a ripoff of that shit show

>water is green
>wind is blue

goddamnit Philipinos, what the fuck? You had one job, ONE JOB.

I dont know why they chose that color scheme and i wish tv networks would just run better shows from other countries than this cliche fest

The new ABS-CBN show looks much cooler than this use that instead.

We live under an aristocracy basically. Political families, wealthy landowners, business magnates, etc. are all basically in an incestuous relationship. Everyone is related to each other, keeping real power closed off. Noblesse Oblige is an actual thing among some old families.

Belief in God is a given and is taken seriously. Superstitions are still believed. People hate and distrust the poor. Drugs are demonized.

Lastly, it's not something I can explain at length right now, but the Philippines is the perfect setting for Cyberpunk and Urban Fantasy because of the wealth inequality and the serious belief that people have here about mystical things. Like shit, you won't fucking catch me badmouthing fairies because I've seen curses happen. Plenty of people will say the same thing.

Finally, role-playing here is hard to break into because most groups are groups of friends. I had no choice but to become a GM and start a game to play.

Ever been in a rickety boat out in the ocean while the sun's out? The water is turquoise.

Would totally use Trese as setting fluff, especially for Shadowrun.

Yeah, Trese's pretty much the perfect example of what I'm saying. I hope user's able to find scans to get what we mean.

Exalted.

Agreed. This setting's aesthetic is amazing for contemporary urban fantasy.

manila is a shit hole and a perfect place for a shadow run setting I always pictured slums with shit ton of cables running around the settlement to a point people just build there houses around them to steal electricity

Manila looks like a Hive World from 40k

Is this Filipino Power Rangers?

No that would be this. (Technically Filipino Shaider)

This is a 2hu fag post.

Are there English subs?
Looks very pretty.

I don't think so. I doubt many people will like it anyway unless you have a soft spot for soap opera melodrama. Regardless of exterior trappings, damn near every primetime show here is soap opera melodrama. Audiences eat romance up.

>Regardless of exterior trappings, damn near every primetime show here is soap opera melodrama. Audiences eat romance up.

I mean, this is also true in America.

Related?

Well, that's the same shit everywhere. Romance and crime are the main things on TV.

>Dragons in Ireland
>The five elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and... Forest?
The black guy actually makes sense in context though

>Spelling Tír na nÓg as "Tir na Nog"

Princess The Hopeful

Every Filipino I've ever met has been batshit fucking insane. No thank you.

Batshit insane, hot magical waifus?
Yes please.

This sounds rad.