>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
In your opinion, how can Martials be improved or "fixed"?

This almost seems like a bait thread, but at this point the difference is so minimal that I'm not sure if it actually matters either way.

>pathfinder pastebin
>bitching about martials

Somehow I knew this would happen. It's almost like there's a dedicated pathfinder shilling campaign or something.

>no thread subject
Fuck off and die please.

that's not a pathfinder pastebin

just make 5e martial disciples. It fixed 3.5e martials to an extent.

Let Martials do cool things besides weapon attacks. This is a fantasy game. Martials don’t need to adhere to strict realism

Remember to report troll threads. Janitors know about the issue.

Convince autists that just because the option is there you aren't forced to use it. Seriously one of the arguments I've seen over and over is "I just wanna play a brain dead class" or " but muh creativity", that's fine do those things.

Angry autism is my least favorite autism

Geez, it's my first time making a new 5eg thread and forgot the subject. I understand paranoia about paizofag but that's just another level

Janitors very clearly do not care about the issue.

make one that doesn't have a bait question and I'll believe you

>/5eg/ is this gullible
Jesus Christ you fags, calm down. The links are fine it isn't the first legitimate thread that hasn't had a subject. It is not that difficult to check what is what.

That's why I added the "In your opinion" part to the question. Not everyone believes they need to be improved. I'm fine playing martials, and my favorite one is EK.

Not only does it not have a subject, it has a bait question.

Why do you care so much about the thread quesiton anyway. I've been lurking for a year now and the question only gets answered three or four times when the thread is made. Then everyone ignores it and start shitposting about something else.

watch the thread, shadfag replies to it every 50 posts or so to try and stir up drama again
every time, someone him, samefagging will mysteriously mention pathfinder

Who is shadfag

I know shadfag loves to stir up shit. I made the thread with no intention for shitposting - apologies if the question would seem baitish at glance.

you can't bump your own thread boyo

Oh man, it's almost like you can just ignore his dumbass instead of doing exactly what he wants. Reeeeeing about shit that don't matter instead of talking about 5e.

Fuck off.

I'm just warning you all before I fuck off again, I don't usually bother to hang around in shadfag threads because he trolls the fuck out of you guys and they wind up being completely derailed and pointless. You can try to piss into this shitstorm tornado all you want though don't let me stop you.

I'm not OP. I'm legitimately wondering who the fuck this person is and how you can tell who they are on an anonymous imageboard unless they're namefagging and I'm just not noticing it

Okay, lets derail this stupid conversation.

Which class or subclass is your favorite Gish? Ignoring the fucking memeblade and homebrew (fuck you arcane conduit spammer)

you chose probably the worst question you could have buddy

Sorry for wanting to actually discuss something instead of shitposting

>Implying it wasn't done on purpose
But in all seriousness I wish Stone Sorcerer, or something like it, came out so gishfags can stop crying all the time.

seems more like you asked that specific question in that specific way so as to elicit as much shitposting as possible

Fuck off shadfag, 5e is bad enough as is without you fucking up the threads like this too

I had an idea of multiclassing a GOO blade pact warlock into an immortal mystic but I'm not sure if that would work. Idea is that its a guy who is half mad thanks to his patron and is convinced he isnt a caster so he'll fight primarily in melee and use spells or mystic powers subconsciously.

That sounds cool. Never been into warlocks because of their few spell slots but combining it with mystic would give a different result. Now if only mystic wasn't so shit...

You mean shit because they are bad or shit because they are too good?

Shadfag is an insult used for people that shitpost in /5eg/

Well, both. They're shit because they are poorly designed as is. Doesn't mean they aren't fun to play

don't just tell lies on the internet user

37 posts and maybe 3 have been on topic.
Let's go for the record boys, how long can we keep this up?

Enlighten me anons, because that's the only way it's ever been used.

I generally like 5e, but Cantrips really bother me. Things like Friends or Mage Hand make many puzzles / social encounters trivial, some of the attack cantrips are ridiculous and stuff like guidance are so good there's practically no reason to not constantly use them

Yeah they got a lot of goofy shit. I was only thinking of going warlock at all to get mask of many faces because he also thinks he is human and constantly casts that on himself but then I thought I might as well go to level 3 and get the pact as well. That also lets him get Claw of Acamar to get a reach flail that can be combined with the giant growth thing from the mystic to give 15 reach which can be further increased to 20 and 25 reach. Though I wouldnt be able to use the giant forms unless disguise self failed and he had an incident.

Stat me /5eg/.

I'm perfectly ready to crash and burn this thread with no survivors, then again last week a CR op was made and almost the entire thread was that or something to do with streams so it'll be hard to beat.

So I'm new to dnd, just got into making characters. The DM got me and some other noob friends to make characters on DnD beyond, using point buy system, now he's decided to get us to randomly generate ability values instead.

Is it usually done before we choose classes/races and will it break our characters? (Was going to ask the guys who were talking about it in the last thread then saw their conversation ended about an hour ago)

Firends is complete trash what are you taking about?

Depends, now a days yes most people roll, place stats where they want, pick the class and race last.

How is friends complete trash? Yeah, they get angry after but it's the same case for charm person (They'll realize they've been charmed after)

Just bought a player's handbook and I want to get into dnd.

what the hell do I do now

How do we fix Drow?

realize you could have downloaded all the books from the OP and regret your purchase, then read all of said books and find a game somewhere.

Read the PHB then find a group? Also get dice, how is this a question?

Do you have friends?

I can't tell if my crippling depression is having a negative effect on DMing or if I'm imagining it.

Dang. Well, at least I have more books to read now.

>find a game somewhere
...d-do you want to play with me, user?

I read the important bits and I have dice.

I have t-tons of friends! But not any that would play this with me.

Friends + mask of many faces boiiiiiiii

Sauce?

It only gives you advantage on charisma checks, it cant make guys do unreasonable shit like charm.

Just homebrew/remove the sunlight weakness.

Go back in time and delete Drizzt, restoring them to the big haired aerobics-dominatrix monster race they used to be?

Realize your mistake and get a better game

Or just go on Roll20

What the hell do you think charmed does?

>In your opinion, how can Martials be improved or "fixed"?
Convert the Battlemaster into something more tactical that gives buffs to your group and debuffs to enemies, that actually directs the combat, and spread the particular types of attacks onto all martials. Let every martial have a expanding list of maneuvers that they can do, like targeting specific bodyparts, nailing an enemy in place, disarming them, etc.
Basically, be more specific about "ME HIT WITH SWORD"

So when is 6e getting released?

But user, Drizzt was so cool, and helped define the modern image of what a Drow should be.

Make them elves of stone and metal in contrast to the elves of plants and animals, give them the classical role of dwarves as master smiths and jewelers, and make something new out of dwarves (sailors and merchants?).

That sounds quite like what Martial Dice was trying to do. I really look forward to see their return in further editions.

Seriously though what's the source?

>mess with the dwarves and take away from their archetypical identity so that a useless elven subrace #375 has something to do
This is a shit idea.

>I really look forward to see their return in further editions.
Hahahaha good joke user, so long as Mearls, Crawford and brain dead fags have a say it'll never happen.

No UA today? Is it on some new schedule now or are they taking their time as always.

No, user. Next week.

Second Monday of ever month for a while now

Every second monday of the month

Darn, I used to keep track when it was the first Monday of the month. Thank you

That shit really hurts, you know. Martial dice has so much potential.

How hard would it be for 5eg to collectively homebrew and playtest Martial dice until it's a decent mechanic?

5e can't agree on anything let alone test and refine martial dice

Given the quality of most of the posters, pretty difficult if not impossible.

Please, I need a fix

Give me examples where cantrips trivialize stuff in game and I'll help you.

Are there any official rules that allow you to build a character that focuses on life drain and general blood magic and manipulation?

Play fiend warlock or harvest druid and refluff your spells
No "blood" magic now per se. It'd be hard to balance with the exponential damage vs linear HP

I want to ban guidance. I'm sick of it being spammed for fucking everything.
Y/N?

Haven't been on the 5e scene in a long time. Wasn't there supposed to be a UA today?

Ah that's too bad. Will look into these options. Generally they could manage the scaling issues by making the HP gain not be 1:1 with the damage you dealt - so even if you deal 60 damage you roll 1d6 or something for your heal. I usually like the concept of fighters who do not have that much defense but need to be constantly aggressive with their attacks to keep themselves healed or support casters who drain life from enemies and heal allies.

Next monday apparently.

I wonder, why is Guidance a problem but players helping each other to gain advantage on checks isn't.

Limit the number of times they can be used if you don't want them to be an infinite resource.
Don't touch eldritch blast though, warlocks need it.

It's been the second monday each month for a while now. It will come next week, like last month's, Into the Trash.

Thoughts on Celestial Warlock and Undying Warlock?

Different user here. It's not that it's a problem - it's that druids or clerics want to fucking spam it for everything. It slows the game down and DMs get fucking tired of it. The solution is to limit the amount of times it's used or, like help, limit it to guide just for things that the caster knows how to do as well.

Change it to a bonus action and when you use the Help action it adds the d4.

Why the fuck is the Lich powered warlock not able to get animate dead?

You can do both. Also personally whenever a skill check is made in one of my games in nonthreatening circumstances I just assume a roll of 20 since the character could feasibly try again as many times as they want (except for things like knowledge checks), so adding guidance on top of that is annoying in a way advantage couldn't be.

Warlock as a whole is poorly designed and I wish they didn't even bother.

That's where you're wrong, buddy. The Warlock is my favorite class because it's so easy to design subclasses for.

Be strict about Guidance. When you've called for a check, it's too late for Guidance to be cast, because the character is doing the thing and the spell's casting time is an action. It also has verbal and somatic components, so it's really obvious when it's being cast. It has to be cast in advance, so it can help your face when you know he's going to try to persuade someone, but if you do it right in front of that person it's going to look fishy. If you call for a perception check suddenly, no Guidance, there's no time because you're finding out what they see right now, not a few seconds later after the spell has been cast.

>In your opinion, how can Martials be improved or "fixed"?

Use the playtest rules. Base the maneuvers we don't have precise descriptions for on 4e martial powers that sound right.

>DM runs a low-campaign
>game becomes actually fun as spells can;t fix every problem
>heists and mysteries are now fun as fuck
If I ever DM I am banning any and all of this magic bullshit, people think it opens up options but it closes far more in terms of what kind of adventures and what campaign you can have.