The king forbids any new plays from being written unless they're sequels to plays from sixty years ago

>The king forbids any new plays from being written unless they're sequels to plays from sixty years ago
What happens?

Weirdly, extremely tenuously connected sequel plays.

The people stop going to see these plays, instead taking up recreational fishing, so they can watch net flicks.

"I Farted in the King's General Direction XXII" becomes the new hit of the season.

Playwrights begin engaging in foul necromancy to bring beloved actors back to reprise their ancient role.

Doom is technically a sequel to Commander Keen and Wolfenstein 3D, so...

well, I just learned Dick Van Dyke is still alive.

Quickly enough you realize the land is ruled by pederasts

kek

Well played.

So is Julie Andrews

This particular one apparently draws on the original books, of which there are a surprising number. The old movie was always a franchise launcher in potentia.

PCs pick one of two options:

- Assassinate the king, hoping that someone who doesn't impose that restriction on playwriting replaces him.

- Develop time travel. Go back in time to run a prequel of the play they want to run in the present in a small theater that nobody in the present thinks of.

never need a reason, never need a rhyme.
step in time, we step in time.

Nah, you don't need to go that far. Just script it so that one of the main cast is the son/daughter/grandchild of a character from an old play and it's a timeskipped sequel. Then do whatever you want. The king didn't say they had to be continuations of the same plots.

>the most popular bards are the ones with the sickest flicks of the net

Some fucking madman just starts making plays but puts a II in the title and claiming it's the sequel to an obscure cult classic from back in the day. Probably even puts in bits and pieces to reference the original play, which does not, in fact, exist.

Pretty much all of Shakespeare was remakes of older plays or folk tales.

The original I, Farted will always be superior anyway, though frankly the Three Farts don't really make any sense as to how they truly keep the farts from killing all humans even without factoring in the Zeroth Fart.

Could of sworn there is another board you could be on

Fucking amazing.

2pbp

Sure, they don't have to go that far. But we are talking about the planning skills of PCs here. They will miss the obvious solutions, like forging the proof they needed that it's a prequel instead of going back in time.

Or convincing the king to change his mind with a mix of diplomacy and threats.

You're a cheeky cunt. I like that.

I just wish they would stick to a naming convention
-I Farted in the King's General Direction
-I Farted in the King's General Direction Too
then just
-Three Farts
then
-Farts 4
then back to
-I Farted in the King's General Direction V
then
-Farted 6: King's Revenge

like make up your mind guys

What about Farted 7: Farting in da Hood?

I heard some people say it's not canon.

Three Farts and Farts 4 are actually IFITKGD 2 and 3 in Japan. 5 is just them trying to bring it all back together.

Don't get me started on what is and isn't canon. Apparently the IFITKGD board game is canon and a prequel to Fart X that takes place at the same time as Farted 9: The Queen's Queef

I keep being confused by where iFart (2007) is in the timeline. I know it was meant as a soft reboot, but it relies heavily on and ties up several of the plot holes in Farted 8: This Time It's Serious. Then, however, the main series picked up again with I farted XI: Fart Harder, and in Fart's Nightmare (2014) there are several implications that iFart just replace I Farted in the King's General Direction as the opening movie and happens in the main universe.

Help me untangle this shit.

I think at this point i has become pretty clear that the whole Fart Theatrical Universe is on a sliding timeline and continuity.
The playwrights really just pick an choose parts of previous play as is convenient.
How else could you explain how 'Paul Fart: Shart Guard' and 'Skidmarks II : The Skiddening' could even take place on the same Planet?

At least they stuck to movie numbers in the title. Not going:
- Movie numbers for a bit
- Then switching to the years the movies were released
- Then random words
- Then back to movie numbers. While looking like they lost count
- Then skipping a number.