ITT: cases where you weren't sure whether the GM/player(s) were bleeding their fetish(es) into the game; were focusing...

ITT: cases where you weren't sure whether the GM/player(s) were bleeding their fetish(es) into the game; were focusing too hard on an aspect of the setting; or were just retarded.

Yes, I know that "they were trying to set up a magical realm" is funnier and stuff, but some autists get pedantic on what "magical realm" means

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com/deer-eating-human-remains
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Loss?

The positioning would be way off if so

>I'm writing up a pantheon for my new setting.
>Decided that my gods would represent ways of thinking as opposed to physical concepts.
>Goddess of Law and Order
>God of Justice
>Decide on Deity of Hedonism
>Since a large amount of this god would be related to sex i decided it was appropriate for the deity to be a hermaphrodite.
>Also thought it would be appropriate that the priestesses would do 'favours' for particularly generous donors to the church.
>I forgot Futa was my fetish.
>I've put off writing more of this pantheon and setting solely because of this.
Help me Veeky Forums. Am i a bad person? Also, should i change the cleric spell lists based on the gods or just allocate the domains between them?

Meh, go for it. Polite reminder of where "hermaphrodite", the word, comes from.

You should give clerics a "suggested" spell list.

Also make your futa God be hated by most folk and be a much smaller church. Also don't offer sex to your players, just leave it at rumors, possibly leave the clerics of your futa God to be nutty cult types so that if your players do deal with the futa God it's to stop Degeracy.

Hedonism isn't just sex, either. It's all kinds of indulgence. Maybe the priestesses believe getting fat shows the gods how much they appreciate their gifts.

But then you're getting into someone else's magical realm.

Okay, so, stuff my DM did:
>1. Genderswapping several of my characters
>2. High-class cannibals in almost every adventure
>3. Psychopatic cannibals in the rest
>4. Long-lost sister of my character showed up, tried to seduce my char, failed, fucked his best friend instead
>5. Friendly big burly muscular dudes who sevre the powers of chaos/evil who bully weak PCs
>6. Little girl who turned out to be a massive magical macguffin but also part wolf AND centuries old
>7. Teen girl DMPC who was hitting on younger submissive PC
>8. Horses eating meat/drinking blood
>9. L E S B I A N S
>10. Sun & Moon gods, who are brother and sister, being in love with each other, and that's a well known fact in-universe
roll

. Horses eating meat/drinking blood
This might be a mythological reference though

>Psychopatic cannibals in the rest
I should probably specify that one of them was a berserker with deadpool-tier regeneration, who at some point was telling PCs how tasty childrens meat is while also eating his own brains out of his own decapitated head.

>10. Sun & Moon gods, who are brother and sister, being in love with each other, and that's a well known fact in-universe

That shows up in literally every Middle Eastern pantheon except the Hebrews. Everything else is cringy, though, yeah.

I'm a proud /d/M and my players are mostly okay with it. The one time they weren't is when a Paladin was fused with his mount due to a teleporting accident, and even that worked out, mostly.

It is, it's from Greek myth.

Huh, youbmight be right. Except we were playing as ponies.
You know which ones.

Fun fact, herbivorous diets evolved after carnivorous ones in most land animals, pretty much all herbivores can and will eat meat if given the chance, they just won't hunt for it

As previously mentioned, hedonism is about than just sex, but rather indulgence in general, usually, but always, to an excessive degree.

Strictly speaking, a hedonist is someone who puts material, physical pleasure above all else.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend downplaying the sexual aspect, but rather have just as much focus on the other worldly pleasures that the deity represents. Instead, as previously stated, maybe downplay the role of their church in the world. Treat it a bit like the Daedra in Elder Scrolls. Few people openly worship them, and those that do are treated with suspicion or ostracised.

You could also have this reflected in the pantheon itself. You might have allegories for Aphrodite and Eros that might maintain a pleasant but casual friendship with the hedonism god, while others look down on them or openly oppose them.

You mean opportunistic carnivores?

My old DM stuck our party with a 5-years old that spoke like either a retard or at least a much younger child, was still in diapers (which he frequently used because he was an absurd scaredy-cat, and insisted getting them changed by a specific PC), and doodled on/vandalized important items unless monitored.

>the son of Hermes and Aphrodite, who, in Ovid, was loved by the nymph Salmacis so ardently that she prayed for complete union with him and as a result they were united bodily, combining male and female characteristics.
That's kinda hot.

>You should give clerics a "suggested" spell list.
Don't really know what you mean by "suggested" spell list, since they don't spend any resources learning spells. But i'm reading through the handbook and i think i'll just ask what my players would prefer, new domains or reallocating old ones into the new gods. It'll probably fuck up the cleric's build because he's planning his character beforehand but thats like a handwave and a fluff away.

>hated by most folk
>much smaller church
I already planned both of those.
> Also don't offer sex to your players.
Kind of a given. My woman voice isn't really all that good so its not like i can get them hard.
>...nutty cult types... stop degeneracy.
Ehh, i kinda had it in two sects. The casual follower who practices "ethical hedonism" so, binge drinking, drugs etc. as long as they don't hurt other people, they just do what they want. Then there's the evil aligned ones who will do pretty much whatever and are not tolerated by society. I guess like pedos who argue its ethical because the kids consented and cannibals. Also s/he's chaotically aligned and not 100% evil.

>Hedonism isn't just sex, either. It's all kinds of indulgence.
Yeah, i know that. But i could tell i would have to address the sexual side of it sooner or later with my group. So having it upfront but making sure to mention the empty wine bottles and stench of herbs seemed easier than downplaying it.

I don't know about that. Digesting meat requires different physiology than digesting plant matter. I don't doubt that many herbivores would resort to eating meat if necessary, but only in times of desperation. I don't think that it's something they'd jump at the chance to do, much like cannibalism in humans.

That said I haven't studied the matter in any depth.

>Yeah, i know that. But i could tell i would have to address the sexual side of it sooner or later with my group. So having it upfront but making sure to mention the empty wine bottles and stench of herbs seemed easier than downplaying it.

Yeah that would be my advice. Treat it as no more or less significant than any other thing about the god. Otherwise you'd just call attention to it.

I keep throwing tons of dudes for my pcs to butcher.
Little do they know how hard I get at action scenes involving hordes of orcs.

Hey, what to know another fun fact
Once to find out what large predators eat human corpses left in the woods a bunch of researchers dumped human corpse in the middle of the woods and hung up some cameras
Do you know what ate it?
Deer, like it was consumed entirely by deer, they even took the bones to chew on, they were finding human bones all over the area for the next year

You also have instances of cows and horses while grazing eating the eggs and chicks of birds that nest on the ground if they come across it

A herbivorous animal's digestive tract isn't optimized for meat true, but they will happily snack on it given the chance

Huh, that's interesting. I did not know that.

It's a See/Hear/Speak/Do No Evil thing.

Missed this before but yeah, that's the term

>a bunch of researchers dumped human corpse in the middle of the woods
I call BULLSHIT.

You'd be surprised the crazy shit you're allowed to use a grant for

We are playing as newly inducted Slaaneshi cultists in WH Fantasy. The plot is great, the action is tense, the atmosphere is very warhammerry, but there is an orgy now and then, which is to be expected I suppose, but it still turns into our gm decribing sick shit happening and the rest of us doing their best not o look uncomfotable.

Be an adult and explain to your DM that you'd rather not hear him describe such things in detail.

If he argues just flat out state "it makes us uncomfortable." If you have valid reasons/points (you shouldn't need them) then use those. Exp: "we can hear you beating off!", "Your boner makes me feel like I'm apart of your sexual desires and I feel violated standing here as if I'm apart of getting you off.", "It gives me a boner and I can't focus".

I am sure we will do that when it really becomes a problem. Since we've all been friends for years irl, it is acceptable now, will become funny first, and then become a problem.

At least I hope that's how it goes.

Source nigga.

Yeah, I would like some sauce too. Not that I doubt you user, it just sounds interesting.

popsci.com/deer-eating-human-remains

Thanks

Hedonism is also not the same as gluttony. A glutton consumes until he bursts. A hedonist maximizes his pleasure, which requires minimization of suffering, generally through moderation or abstinence.