/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding and or Veeky Forums Monster Girl thread

Dragon focused because of "Dragonia?" edition.

Previous We talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them. Though we can all post pics and images and art of Monster Girl Encyclopedia monster girls and take about them. But bear in mind this is not KCs MGE canon to the letter. Seriously lads a lot of people have their ideas and they aren't all the same, we can all agree to disagree. Just remember to have fun.

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Dungeon World Monster Classes.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

...So yeah, as I said in the edition part. I've heard or read that a possibly new update for MGE is "Dragonia" which is well Dragon lands and Dragon People and shit, except as cutie beautiful monster girls who wana lovingly love their human husbands, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit
mgewiki.com/w/Demonic_Lamp_Flower
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer user's idea of Savage Land based from Chrono Trigger with hardy barbarians, pelt wearing amazons and beefcake dragongirls

Yes dragons yes.
Unfortunately I don’t remember which one. I think if it’s in the archives it was called something like ‘fluffy angel wings edition’.

It was something like-
>the Order sends angels down to be born in human form, resulting in child prodigies. They lose their memories of heaven as they age, until they get them and their powers back upon puberty or some inciting incident.
>for... reasons.

Let’s discuss!

Tyrannical Tyrranassaurous Empire?

Some kind of Savage Lands? Well, there's talk of tribalistic Monsters all over the shop, so you presumably have such things - you just need a big ol' stretch of uninhabited land. What kinda biome you thinking user: Jungle, desert, plains, forest?

I had suggested perhaps this being a pocket dimension.

Plenty of plains, jungles, redwood forests, wastelands, and volcanoes out the wazoo.

>Peasants of the Order realms blame anything bad on the demon lord or demons
>Agents of the Order have to mete out rulings on accusations of witchcraft when the town drunkard claims the barmaid is a succubus

Nah, this feels like the sort of thing you want out in the world proper, save the pocket dimensions for the really crazy shit like Candyland.

>Sir, you've never seen a Monster in your life.
>No sir, she's not a succubus, I've known her since she was a child.
>No, the Monsters aren't the reason the crops aren't growing, it's just winter sir.
>Sir, the local drider seamstress would probably appreciate you not using that language.
>Yes, there have been Monsters living in this city for years, even if they're rare.
>One of them is the harpy mailbird, she delivered your bills to you literally this morning.
>What do you mean "You thought she was just a big bird?"
>What on Earth is a "cosplayer"?

>Never seen a corrupt* Monster in your life
Real important distinction to make, don't fail me now, brain.

Well how about a hybrid pocket dimension that can be reached physically underground? If anyone else thinks a hollow earth is a bridge too far.
The Inquisiton as overworked government workers gives me the same giggles as Mormon styled chaos cultists do.

Reposting Lescatie discussion (tentative)

>NOT!Imperial Russia
>Strongest and greatest kingdom to fall to the Demon Lord.
>Fallen Maidens may be rewritten.

Oh hey, I recognize the dragon!

Is there any reason NOT to have the Savage Lands out in the world regularly?
>Underground
... Perhaps not for this idea specifically but I still really like the idea of there being some kind of underground city somewhere. A bunch of guys around the time corruption became a serious concern just decided "Fuck it, we'll start all over again underground, be right under their feet."

I like that idea also. Everyone signs up to the Inquisition thinking it's going to be high adventure and secret missions - those things happen, but you're not the 1% of people it happens to, you're basically a community police officer to do with Monster-related issues, and Mr Johnson thinks the succubi are in his cereal again.

All monsters are corrupted, otherwise they'd eat you like it were an eka's portal vore game.

>An eka's portal vore game
I don't even know what that is, but it made me laugh. Solid "All Monsters are corrupt" post user, those are a rare sight these days.

Tech levels, dinogirls and swarthy barbarians clashing with renaissance aesthetic.

I also like it for comfy slice of life.

An inquisitor slowly learning and getting acquainted with the local community, getting into a sitcom rivalry with a group of goblin merchants who keep skirting the definition of heresy.

Reminder the Pope himself sanctioned Kobolds as not counting.

>singular

They are kinda the same person.
No, it's not a Ranma thing.

Hmm. Fair point, I do like my tonal consistency. But then again, could having a bunch of Zulu running around for contrast also work?

That slice of life can still exist. "Oh, you're heading out to the Savage Lands? Take notes, take care, and keep your head on straight."
He or she turns up and settles in with the local community, grows to know them, has a constant bone to pick with the local merchants who keep trying to sell what the traveller is pretty sure are corrupt trinkets but they can't quite tell.

We can have that in our version of the Americas.
That way we get cool ruins all over the savage land too.

Running in the regular world or in the Savage Lands?

We have the Land of Exotic Pelts for Sub-Saharan Africa analogue (and for delicious brown girls) but I imagine them to be medieval in tech, like the River Valley Kingdoms in W. Africa.

I’m thinking recent travel is allowed, with scholars and merchant expeditions, and missionaries spreading the word of the order.

Hmm... maybe. It rustles my jimmies some, but not enough to muster a complete rejection.

So other ideas for savage lands may include-

Greater presence and number of precursor ruins, but with various guardians to prevent tomb raiders.

Hollow earth style for aesthetics.

So basically the pic of is selfcest...

I honestly find male!Corrinxfem!Corrin hot.

If it’s your clone, then it’s masturbation, not incest.

I was using Zulu as my go to "tribal types existing alongside modern types" as an analogue for the Savage Lands and people in them. You know, you can have the aesthetic of Zulus and their cowskin shields and stuff alongside musketmen (which, granted, is more advanced than the setting has, but point remains).

The user mentioning America has a way better analogy than me though, that's the right time period. Hell, "dinosaurs in Mesoamerica" is a thing in like 4 or 5 different settings... for some reason, why are dinos tied to Mesoamerica in pop culture?

>Precursors
Eurgh, no. Are regular old stone ruins not enough? We had those in real life, they weren't filled with much of anything interesting except those times we found mummies.
What do you mean by "hollow earth aesthetics"?

I don’t like it, but I can’t find enough reasons to justify my dislike, so I’m cool with talking it through.

Maybe it’s mostly cause I want to push through extra precursor ruins and that hollow earth sky.

The Far West includes dragon worshippers anyway, so it does work.

Because it's mesoamerica is full of jungle and they worshipped a giant flying snake that eats people.

Isn't one canonically the Birthright protag and the other the Conquest protag?

Have some imagination. Stone ruins with mummies are boring, even if the mummies are hot.

Like Pic related but with the entire sky. I’d like it to be really exotic and pulpy. Kind of like those barbarian cartoons in the nineties that always seemed post-apocalyptic for some reason.

Well each one is on a different cover for the games. I’ve only gotten partway through birthright so I don’t know.

>Extra
I mean I'm still not sure if any form of agreement beyond you exists for "I want Prothean ruins with Prothean tech in them that's used by people" as a concept, so saying "extra" is getting a touch ahead of yourself, don't you think?

Also if you want a hollow earth type place without actually going for it, rip Ash Lake from Dark Souls. Bigass hollow tree, goes down into the ground, mass underground place that's left ambiguous if it's just an enormous cavern or if the whole world is supported by these ancient trees.

Stone ruins with some slightly odd tech and an entire now extinct culture is boring, but generic atlantis-tier precursor is the hottest shit? What the fuck are your priorities man, were you never interested by Egypt or Rome? Have you never had the tombs of ancient people capture your interest, never heard the story of the uncovering of the city of Troy and had it capture your spirit of exploration?

You want the image of the horizon curving in on itself to look kinda like a ring world?
See, that's the kind of shit you have pocket dimensions for, somebody just straight up decided a ring world would be cool and everything works on endless cycles. Bam, you get your aesthetic and the chance to explore a single concept in a vacuum.

Maybe. I just kinda want a whole full map with sun and sky- hence I though some kind of pocket dimension would be a good compromise.

Also I push for precursor ruins less for tech, more so there can be a larger variety of monstergirls and I like it’s use in JRPGs. And it’s wacky and stupid.

You worded yourself poorly. I thought you meant a bunch of stone slabs with nothing but some forgotten corpses.

Roman ruins are cool thanks to the former grace and majest and decadence. Egyptian ruins get to have all kinds of exotic animals, treasures, traps, curses, and make for a good contrast with the desert.

Hence I first suggested pocket dimension.

Got me wondering how people who escaped it must feel.
>has been years since Lescatie fell
>you were a hero there once
>emphasis on once
>you're just a middle aged man now trying to make a living in these sweltering southern lands
>whatever qualifies you as a hero is still active though
>valkyries keep turning up and are confused to see a brokendown drifter rather than a bright eyed rookie
>angels don't really "get" crippling depression and so they just default to you fighting your destiny and nag for hours until you slip their leash
>new heroes always assume you want to get back in the game
>have to lie about why you refuse to follow and train them because they get all weepy
>the wine isn't as good and is sometimes blatantly corrupted
>snow fills you with so much homesickness you need to drink yourself blind or blubber on the spot
>the worst are the clingy monstergirls intent on "fixing" you
>like you're the anti-hero of some Zipangu picture scroll or something

Fuck me, that wasn't the image I wanted.

But what relevance does your skyline have to the idea of the Savage Lands? What relevance does a hollow Earth? It doesn't, you want an excuse to have that place, so want to parse the new idea into it. Put some effort into making that hollow earth land - why does it exist, what's in it, who wanted it that way, who's in it, what are the major themes being explored by such a place?

>variety of Monsters
Such as? If they're precursors they are, by definition, all dead, so none are coming back. Unless you want them to have an excuse for sci-fi ships and gun gals, in which case you DO want them for tech. What would your precursor Monsters even look like user, what would the lore surrounding them be?

>JRPGs
user, have you ever actually played a tabletop game? Between this and the desire to have "Heaven" be a video game dungeon I'm starting to think you haven't and just played a lot of JRPG and CRPG vidja.

No, there is no real canon as to which Kamui belongs to which route or even which route is canon.

But it's the image that post deserved. Felt appropriate enough.

"Fallen Hero" is always a fun trope to play with. You can go full grumpy "go away and get off my lawn" if they're the kind to be redeemed and put back into action by a team of plucky PC's, or the genuinely depressed and broken kind for a darker tone.

As a contrast, you have the Hero who died defending that land, and is now undead, wandering the world forever living with proof of his failures. He tries his damndest to keep being a hero even in his unlife - despite knowing that he has already failed once, and will undoubtedly fail again.

Yeah, I want cause I want it, Savage lands just felt the best place to put it. But I do have lore for it-

>the dinosaurs were early dragons meant to wipe out mankind.
>but the dragons were more prone than being worshipped by man, and Man was too good at slaying dragons.
>so they’re next (failed) attempt was every single disaster at once.
>one god took pity on the mortals and shielded them in the savage lands, explaining its primal theme, plenty of precursor ruins and weird geometry.

Monsters from non-ancient timeframes, we already have them in the form of automatons, and I’ve suggested deathclaw girls and alien girls.

I’ll be honest I haven’t. But really I wouldn’t get nearly the same fruitful discussion on /v/. Kudos on you for catching I’m that same user though.

My fave is that they have to get a shit day job because the skills to kill the demon lord do not translate to a paycheck.

>angels don't really "get" crippling depression
Oh fuck. That's both awful and perfect.

>angels can cure depression with fluffy hugs.
Can we make this canon?

I like the idea of heroes who died in particular ways in which they became undead but not under the control of a monster or became a monster. Hated by humanity and hunted by undead monsters looking for a husband, they'd wander alone in the edges of Order territory being watchmen and scaring away monsters who dare enter human realms.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit
>mgewiki.com/w/Demonic_Lamp_Flower
Any idea how these would be represented in the WHFRP system?

My current idea is to make it function like Grave Grass, but instead of impaling people who trod on it, they instead try to hypnotize people who admire them when outside of demon realms, inflicting Insanity points.
Of course, Grave Grass doesn't have a Willpower characteristic, being an inanimate object so I'll give it a low one, maybe 10%, it has the Hypnotism (+20) talent, getting a +20% bonus from skill mastery.
Early quests could be to simply burn out patches of the stuff.

Either that or just make them a thing where a character stopping to admire a field of these gains an Insanity point. Does anyone know of similar plants in WHFRP 2e, either from official releases or fan-made?

>I've never played a TTRPG
In the immortal words of Veeky Forums: "Lurk moar".
A tabletop game is not a video game. Some of those things about world design and such cross over, but not all. At least watch some vids or something, immerse yourself in the medium and get a feel for it. Go to an Adventurer's League or something for hands on.
Would you post on /a/ without having watched anime? Or /v/ without ever having played a video game? Same goes for Veeky Forums.

Sure, but being depression, it's awful:
It just makes you ping as being good. It makes you feel a kind of warm numbness rather than the cold numbess you usually get. And before long, it's gone again, and you're back to laying in bed for hours because you don't see the reason you should get up, or why you shouldn't just waste away.
Some people start treating their angels like a drug. It stops that emptiness, if only for a little while. They become dependant. And even then... nothing is ever truly fixed by constantly chasing that temporary escape. But you just want to feel warm again, just want to feel something, if only for a little while...

My sister has depression.

She’d make it easier on herself though if she let me mess with her, she’s also stupidly stubborn.

That is a light novel.

Because of course it is.

It also has an anime.

Like, an in-universe light novel?
I'm always down for discussion of in-universe media, and I can totally see there being some light hearted novel about the great hero of legend... working at the local farm. He uses his immense heroic strength to carry several boxes of milk! Witness him making heart-stopping decisions, such as "Should I have sleep for dinner tonight?"

>valkyries get their "choosers of the slain" rep because heroes in the game too long become walking neurosi
>sometimes at a loss because they're charges can only be motivated by hugs with plenty of wing
>this was never in the valkyire training course and is super embarrassing
>can FEEL the archangel drill instructor's knife hand every time they have to hug a hero to get them out of a trench

No, I mean a real one.

Looks like a well-written anime with developing characters and a thoughtful plot. Tell me how much you recommend it.

I support this.
I think we’ve discussed the printing press being recently invented.

The human civilizations are using it to spread ancient treatises, epics, historical accounts, and religious doctrine among the people (approved by the Orders office of Censor of course).

Monsters however lack a literary tradition, in the past ages most were mentally incapable of reading.

As such they stole humans literary tradition and threw in a bunch of sex, amounting to the fan fiction of a teenage girl.

Self-insert fics, comfort fics, fix-fics, university AUs, crossovers, etc.

Thanks to the the cultural exchange program with Zipangu, this is where Monsters get most of their loanwords, like Isekai (a term used when a character is sent to a scifi world), and Husbando.

Aside from this there is a hearty philosophical debate among monsters among a variety of topics, such as the efficacy of Rape, and whether bigger boobs or smaller boobs are preferable.

7/10 I liked it.

Different guy, but I like it. It’s really comfy. Not much going for it though, but there are cute girls with interesting personalities, plenty of ecchi, and surprisingly almost no Harem shenanigans.

If you are serious, for what reasons. I liked Konosuba if that means anything.

Remind me which one that was?

Slight subversion on general 'hero vs. demon lord' premise, ecchi comedy, modern magic world with magic replacing electricity.

The one with explosion girl, useless goddess, and masochist tank.

Big Sister loves Little Brother.

>>angels don't really "get" crippling depression

>Black sclera
I mean frankly I'd gladly give up my soul for someone with those

Then in that case, bow down to your Lilim masters.

I wish more monsters had them.

Oh my. This wasn't what I had planned when I got onto Veeky Forums this evening.
I'm supposed to be a stalwart Paladin, but this is the kind of shit that tempts me. God damn black sclera, red eyes to boot...

>OP pic
>see filename
>Dragon girl and elf boi
>elf because pointy ears
>OP talks and suggests about dragons
>mfw OP does not know his own dragons at pic related

male!Corrinxfem!Corrin ain't the only selfcest you know.

The not so subtle Go Green messaging was kind of annoying. Otherwise it was OK. Could have done better with the premise.
Seara August having inverted nipples was a nice touch.

I’m all for renewable energy, but that messaging was completely lost on me.

I see a lot of Shoggoth girls, but surprisingly I rarely see Deep One girls.

You don't even have to modify their behavior much: They already want to fuck humans, and their offspring eventually become deep ones.

Been away for a while. When did we get inquisitors and how do they fix in the Order/Red Order setting?

Yellow eyes better.

Okay. What would their appearance be like?
Inquistors are overworked government (church) employees, doing community outreach, keeping the masses from doing witch-trials, and maybe eventually getting around to rooting out an cultist or Red Order cell.

The red order is a heretical sect due to massive atrocities committed without sufficient evidence.

>Red Order

I find it funny that the Red Order don't get long term discussion since they are so simplistic. And by that I mean the Red Order are just simply cartoony evil bad guys who're meant to be hated/dislike by both monster girls, pro-monster girl people and even the Order pretty much condemns them as either heretics or terrorists who dare use the name and faith to mask their violent and savage bloodlust.

Red Order are essentially hateful, vile, unlikable vindictive, hated niggers who may or may not be racist towards non-humans and would likely love to kill an entire orphanage full of defenseless children if it meant just killing one monster girl. And I guess the Red Order love book burning, burning books that does not adhere to the faith they claim to truly represent and anything else considered "heresy."

Welcome back.
Inquisitors are more a concept, feel free to call them something else. Basically the guys who handle internal affairs for the human order - you know, take care of the occasional corrupt Monster that wanders in, keep it under wraps, and you don't get a special badge to whip out and do what you want, you've gotta do it all sneaky beaky like.
Of course, most people end up functioning as basically community police officers for Monster-specific issues, which is all the Inquisition officially is, internal affairs and Monster-specific issues.

Some probably go over to the Red Order when they find they're more about working on Monster/human relations than slaying them left and right, but they're not more likely than anyone else I wouldn't imagine.

Only if paired with the heavenly aesthetic.

Remember to support the demon lord and reject the radical faction

Webbed claws and feet, their limbs would be covered by fish scales. Their eyes would also be fish-like.

The Inquisition is the branch of the Order concerned with internal affairs regarding witchcraft and heresy. Those of the Red Order have been mostly excommunicated and thus the task of an inquisitor is to be wary of all sorts of threats to the Order's status quo.

Well... yeah. There's a whole thread's worth if you want to take a look, discussion of how they operate and what kind of level they work at, how powerful they are, etc.
Beyond that, they're your crazed zealots that aren't really friends to anybody except the guys who want to kill all Monsters. They were specifically created in response to people continuously posting that kinda stuff, after all.
Nothing wrong with having some easy-to-hate bad guys, is there?

On that note what are some good heavenly aesthetics? I’ve always felt they are more limited than evil factions.

Gold, silver, white blue, wings halos- I’ve been wondering if talons would be appropriate on angels. Maybe shaped like high-heels.

Dude, Red Order got a thread and a half when they were first suggested. Like, they might be the most fleshed out group this thread has done. So many ideas on how they recruit, operate, and what they looked like.

Maybe it was anti-pollution? It's been a while.

Okay- anything that hints at chaos? Tentacles, slime, etc?

Also I believe fishmen are a faction in Lovecraft, would they be the same or different?

And what’s their gimmick, trying to reach godhood through breeding?

>Black scleria with yellow eyes and heavenly aesthetic
Needs tan or blue skin.

The way I saw it was they tried to game the system of ‘monstergirls will always brainwash you to like monstergirls’ by being an order of serial killers since that’s the one group monstergirls will not sex.

I would just like to point out, I do not condone this narcissistic pseudo-incest, and I feel it does very little to improve the political standing Dragons have in the world. That is all.

I could see a human cult trying to create a combination of them and the deep ones. Like the goal of the demon lord, but revolving around the lovecraftian gods instead.

Yeah, Inquisitors seems like a strong name for them. Clerics maybe? Inquisitors brings to mind the Spanish Inquisition and such.

I think that works- maybe with fishmen being a level one corruption, and deep ones a level two corruption.

>Hey George, how was the meeting last night?
>Oh we had a great time, you missed out! We sang the praises of the deep, stared into the abyss contemplating the meaninglessness if existence, and Ethel was merged with the void and given new form.
>Oh, good for Ethel, how are the scales?
>Surprisingly comfortable.

>how they recruit

Red Order essentially accept any religiously zealot maniac who loves God, hates anything that does not adhere to their faith, hates anything that is vaugely non-human and hate anything they call heresy.

>how they operate

Just like stated above, they'll kill and destroy anything they consider evil, wrong, bad and heretical. The same way Jihad groups do.

>what they look like

It is agreed that the Red Order are essentially edgy assholes, with mean and bad attitudes and have edgy and mean-evil-bad designs and aesthetics to their uniforms.

Yeah that's the Red Order for you. That simplistic as far as cartoony bad guys go.

Internal affairs officer