Who would make a good primarch statwise for the mechanicum? Belisarius cawl or anacharis scoria?

Who would make a good primarch statwise for the mechanicum? Belisarius cawl or anacharis scoria?

The Void dragon

>Mary Sue tech magos who does pretty good administrative work and apparently invented everything
>being on the front lines or even on the same planet as the battle

Why is new fluff so retarded? Cawl should be a simple pencil pusher with less combat ability than an IG conscript.

Same goes for Ciaphas Cain yet they always send him on the most dangerous of assignments

You realize that most Tech Priests can be removed from their normal bodies and placed into a combat form right? That's what they mean when they say that a Tech Priest dawns the mantle of the Dominus. Also if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself

Well Cawl isn't part of the mechanicum. However Scoria would be able to tear him in half.

Cain is just a random Commissar with a bunch of good look and the power of the Imperium's Propaganda Machine propping him up.

Cawl's entire story is such an enormous pile of bullshit and that's the detail you take exception with?

Were the rulers of forge worlds always called fabricator-generals or is it a retcon?
I could've sworn "fabricator-general" solely referred to the leader of the admech, and the idea that the one on Mars is first among fabricator-generals was introduced recently.

Cawl explicitly has multiple hidden layers to his character we're being slowly exposed to.
Like that Abominable Intelligence he built out of human skulls. That also does not sound like something a normal sane human would do.

Apart from his amazing sword skills, charm, borderline preternatural ability to anticipate danger...sure he's just a random commisar

Scoria can already beat Horus in a straight slugfest and only loses to Russ' armour of nonsense and the Tribune of 3++ rerollable. I don't think he needs upgrades.
Personally I'd prefer a generic Archmagos-class HQ with a Chapter Master-level reroll aura and then a billion wargear options and a "Divisio Selection" like how Inquisitors and DPrinces pick Ordos and Gods, with different abilities for each. Malagra melee monsters, Genetor medics who can rez dead INFANTRY models with their repair and maybe have a FnP aura, Magos Logis fucking with Command Points or Deep Strike, Reductor rerolling damage dice or just adding a flat +1D to any weapon with a dice Damage, D2 or higher.
They can be expensive and one-per-army, sure, I just want a big smashy dude with my Stygies. Maybe we'll get a new character in IA14.

If it's a retcon it's at least six years old, since this chart was in the first HH Black Book. We didn't know much explicit about the Mech before they started getting models anyway, I'd say it's fine.

And then said pencil pusher drops a spare sliver of his consciousness into a combat shell, inloads a few thousand hours of Secutor tactics and martial arts documentaries, watches them all and prepares them as automated reflexes in ten minutes and you're back to combat monster mode again. There's about fifty different Cawls.

>amazing sword skills and spider sense
those aren't qualities you would waste on some paper-pusher
>charm
just as well used to inspire men on the battlefield
It makes perfect for Cain to be sent to the front.

It's completely different from Cawl who should just be a labrat by any right.

Err, that's not what I meant. The Fabricator-General has pretty much always existed, of course, but it used to be that Fabricator-General = Leader of Admech = Ruler of Mars, which is actually what your chart seems to imply: Skitarii are from Mars and loyal to the Fab-Gen (of Mars) rather the local ruler. The chart also indicates that the ruler of a forge world is the Archmagos Intendant (or Fabricator Potentate etc) and not the Fab-Gen. Of course this may have changed after the HH.

I don't have a problem with the change per se, but I'm trying to figure out when it happened since the leader of the admech and the ruler of mars has always been THE Fabricator-General in the fluff until recently.

Scoria. I'm fairly certain he could kick Cawl's ass any day of the week.

If the Lexicanum is anything to go by it seems the change occurred with Codex: Skitarii, so just about 3 years ago.

But Ciaphas is very strong physically. It was said repeatedly in the books that his academic scores were average but excelled in athletics.

Ah, I rather missed the point. Guess they changed it sometime between the Heresy and 40k, maybe at the same time they rolled out the Skitarii legions to others besides Mars. I know that AdMech: Skitarius has a FabGen on a small Forge World, so maybe it happened when the first 40k Codex came out for the boops.

Do you forget that even a ''normal'' magos gets shit like temporal Shields, phosphor blasters, power axes, shock mauls, neutron beamers and god knows what else
Cawl spent the last ten millennia designing and making weapons, not to mention he can instantly learn virtually any style of combat or use anything everything from a rock to a macrocannon, not to mention he has dozens of separate bodies/personalities and god knows how many in the freezer

thats literally 40k though. why would they stop at cawl? the leader guys are always the biggest/most competent fighters. in reality the generals/admirals arent the front line but in 40k its always the case.

>implying that there's any plane on which Cawl could be compared to Scoria, both in universe and in actual game.

This time on "Kek of the week"