>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>Thin ya paints, ladz!
youtu.be/wxWgsqSf74s

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is *ours*, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/demonworld-15mm-c-76/demonworld-classic-c-76_151/goblins-c-76_151_100/4720a-giant-stag-beetle-p-2480.html
diy.com/departments/diall-filler-600g/1849605_BQ.prd
games-workshop.com/de-AT/Citadel-Basecoat-Spray-Zandri-Dust
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mistweaver I just finished. Dont usually paint fantasy, so was interesting.

Backside

And a Castellan Crowe which has a way to go yet.

This is where I'm at right now. I have to go and pick up a light blue for the edge highlights later today.

what are some good alternative models for the russ tank?

Kek, love it.

Any suggestions for alternate colours on the robes that isn’t red? I really like the colour scheme the armour and wires have going on to get some typical red in to the scheme but I’m looking for something more colourful than white for my army’s robes.

There is always blue. or purple if you are feeling snazzy. those colors are pretty vibrant. you could also use green if that's your thing.

The beetle is from Ral Partha Europe, part of their 15mm fantasy range.

ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/demonworld-15mm-c-76/demonworld-classic-c-76_151/goblins-c-76_151_100/4720a-giant-stag-beetle-p-2480.html

Burple, Dark Angels Green, Black-grey

Working on this guy. Got his plume done. Pretty happy with progress so far

Fuck stripping, man. I'm just going to repaint over my land raider, I don't give a rat's ass. Torn gloves, ginormous mess, the stink that lasts for days, the backpain, the literal 2-3 hours of scrubbing..

I'm never stripping anything ever again. I don't have anything else as I essentially re-done my first timer stuff. Now everything's up to my level of painting, which I'm happy with it.

Tfw tempted to do pink marines but doubt they'll be taken seriously

Reposting for comments and critiques

The fuck happened to his codpiece?

No-one takes your little plastic guys seriously anyways. Paint what you want

It clips on the front with a special loincloth

Is there anything more delicious than good ol’ Wilkin & Sons strawberry dreadnaught conserve?

Monthly update on my drones. I'm really looking forward towards having them done.

Gunsquink, i don't mind that. I don't mind that at all.

Picture is a bit shakey but damn, that's a lovely paintjob. Especially like the metal and the plume as well.

Looks good, don't have much to add.

Just last weekend i stripped 20 plaguebearers, two rhinos, a herald of nurgle and a DG demon prince. Stripping is suffering, but it needs to be done.

Looks like a friend of Elesh Norn

I like with extra crunchy sprue bits on toast.

These are really cool, top one's probably my fave

Trees arrived for my forest bases; I drilled a few of the holes too large, but can tighten them later. Just need put some basing material on them, spray, drybrush and add some tufts and static grass.

Should I add some plaster/sealant onto as well or leave it as?

you find it awful to leave minis in some dettol liquid for a day then clean them with a toothbrush? i stripped 20 necrons last weekend with almost 0 effort. maybe your doing something wrong if you find it so hard

Do you really want another colour? That's actually really cool as it is! Maybe just add some gold patterns filigree? Probably something that reminds us of circuit boards or something. No curvy elf shit, you know?
I don't think adding more colours would really help, unless it's the existing red. Less is more, user.

Finally got around to starting on my Forbidden Stars minis. Only three factions to go now :(

I'd say put plaster on them, bases look like MDF to me and that sucks up moisture like a sponge, plus if you're using pva for affixing the basing material it can warp it fairly easily

Anybody know where can I find Guts' Dragonslayer-sized bigass sword bits for a Space Marine mini?

>Forbidden Stars
Im interested in scale, how big are those battleships and titans?

The white looks fantastic; I wouldn't change it. Grimdark and very fluffy. Hell the whole figure is a 10/10. The crisp neatness on all that fiddly detail... Damn. How many hours have you got in that paintjob, user?

Luks super rad man

Just finished building a Minotaur last night, second Malcador chassis vehicle I've bought, and I'm kinda pissed at FW being shit.

At first I thought it was a fluke, but the second confirmed it. The track sections on the Malcador end up with a noticeable gap that's too small for a single track link to fit in and too big to hide without completely covering the section with a track guard.

Anyone else run into this? Is it just FW being trash or did I somehow get a messed up mold twice?

Damn, how did you do the white?

Sorry i haven't been painting long so I don't know shit about scale, hopefully this pic helps.

Ramchackle games, battlecat/ -dog. Victoria miniatures Matilda "Boss" & "Fury"

Gotcha. I'll grab some cheap plaster at some point.

Also did some stuff on the bases I didn't use.

>Even in death I still preserve

Going to paint a lord hector rex today in NMM from forgeworld

I'll post updates later

>filthydronetau from September

What plaster would you recommend?

And would it be fine if I just painted over it with say, a cheap acrylic?

By appointment to Her Majesty? Well some of these backwater planets think of The Emperor as all sorts of different things I suppose.

Covered them in plaster; and will leave them overnight. If there's any warping, I'll counter on the other side with some PVA.

diy.com/departments/diall-filler-600g/1849605_BQ.prd should be okay if you're in the UK
Over the filler or the wood itself? Over the wood it'd get sucked in as I said but otherwise should be fine

If you've not been painting long those are some lovely paintjobs.

I bought some starter Sepharon, but I wanna paint 'em almost like they belong to Nagash. Would this series of paints be alright, d'ya think?

>Bone-like Lizardswine
Rhinox Hide
Steel Legion Drab
Rakkarth Flesh
Pallid Wych Flesh
Agrax Earthshade

Then I'm gonna get some purple, green and gold shit on them too. Just wondering if anyone's bothered to try it.

I used plaster of paris and it seems to have turned out okay. But I'll grab some of that for the use in the future. And how about the bottom? Just use the spray primer?

The acetone in the spray paint will fuzz up mdf, but why bother spraying the underside?

I read that it's best to seal the bottom of MDF to prevent humidity, etc from warping them. Not that I live in a particularly humid area but still.

It's FW.
If you're feeling charitable, they are understaffed and overworked, trying to produce way above their actual capacity.
Alternatively it is typical GW complacence - who cares if it's shit, you're still going to buy it, and where the fuck else are you going to get it?
Spoiler

Nice Inox.
Retired mine a couple of weeks ago, miss the big dumb brawler.

>best to seal the bottom of MDF to prevent humidity, etc from warping them.
Yup, do it.

>4MB photos to show pre-made trees glued to chipboard.

They are famously good at sending out goodies to replace any overly dodgy parts so send them an email.

This week's project, just basecoated 6 marines with Leadbelcher followed by Vallejo Silver like this. One has a power fist which I will be painting first, hoping to be done by Sunday at the latest.

>Glued.

I drilled holes in the base; the trees have rods for basing; you snip them off flush and you can remove them for ease of play.

Also yeah, a bit large but I was too lazy to mess around with the camera settings, etc.

And will do.

This is Bloodreaper. He dreams of becoming a big, bad Bloodthirster who slaughters millions someday. Say something nice about him, if you can.
brightened him a little bit up with gimp, as the LEDs in my lightbox are a bit dull, I feel

what chapter?

Finally started Operation: Do something with my old sprues.

Legion, Iron Warriors.

So i need to start painting my T'au tau vehicles but i'm not sure which color i should spray them. black is my default but painting the light brown color on wide areas of black is just asking for trouble but it would make the black parts very easy.
white on the other hand would make the black parts annoying as some can be hard to reach(yes the models are assembled)

pic is not mine but it's the only T'au pic i have on my pc

quality legion

I mean, GW does have a light brown spray, that would work for a basecoat.
games-workshop.com/de-AT/Citadel-Basecoat-Spray-Zandri-Dust
Alternatively, Army Painters "Desert Yellow" might be closer to the shade you're looking for. Don't know about the coverage though, but it would give you a nice base.

How is the 'the Fang' spray for undercoating white armor? I was considering Mr. Hobby Resin Primer for an alternative.

Progress on a friend's Cawl

I hate this model so fucking much, so I'm glad I was able to cheese it with Army Painter Gunmetal Primer

>won a free coffee
>FLGS actually had chunky boys in stock
Today's not so bad. I'll have to wait for the weather to clear up a bit before I can prime them, but ogryn are always a treat to work with.

Bit of cutting and sanding to get the arms working with the "wrong" bodies and hands, the GS is to fill in otherwise duplicate scratches/craters that would mess with my OCD.

My WIP I said I’d post earlier.

I can do silver nmm fine, first time Gold boys

Looks better when it’s under normal lighting, I’ll try and minimize going overboard with the highlights. I’ve never done Gold and it’s “okay” right now. Maybe it’s just the shield and the armor will come out fine. I didn’t really go for any reflections and just wanted to see how the red glaze and shade worked

Oops wrong photo

Shield looks great.

Love the red.
Fill that fucking gap.

Yeah, well, I'm probably not going to fill the gap on a finished model. But I have about 60 more of them planned, so I'll do it with them.

>Is there anything more delicious than good ol’ Wilkin & Sons strawberry dreadnaught conserve?

Kroot McNuggets?

This made me chuckle and brightened my day, kudos to you user

What's that dwarf mini? I like it.

Okay so it's constantly 30-40 fucking degrees here. Don't have anywhere in the house to spray except the garage which is about the same temperature as outside.

I heard you can keep the spray cans in a bucket of warm water and then rush out and spray. Is that a viable method?

Because as of right know all I got are 3 primed minis and I want to start painting more

Wait are tau supposed to be the equivalent of lizard race? Fuuuuuck

Where do you guys recomend me for getting purity seals and other stuff to embelish my guys?
I dont care if you recomend me CHINESE RECASTERS, as long as you also give me the name. preferably Z or CCON.

spray inside, may a spray booth out of a cardboard box and lots of newspaper, and open a window for ventilation

Almost done painting the second captain for my bitterchads. Have to finish his cloak and weapons, but otherwise that's it.

>purity seals
those are super easy to make. Google around for some tutorials.
Imo they always look better if handmade anyway, cause you can make them flow with the pose of the models.

Blinging your dudes out could mean something different depending on chapter too. Have you looked into 3rd party bits sellers already?

Aside from that I only know that there are some sellers in Hong Kong that sells FW brass etch sheets. So...

And his front view.

And one of his boys. Have yet to matte varnish him.

Thanks, user!
Good for you, some recast shit is too tempting.

My Eisenhorn should get here today, I am excited. Trying to decide if I want to go with the box art paintjob or do something different.

Black with red cog trims and white checkers and yellow skulls and aquilas

Only area i could do this in is the basement there is a small window right near the table... but the furnace would be right behind me. So i'm thinkign that's probably a bad idea... Damn it all

>Overdone design mess: the model
I can't quite decide if I like or hate the Adeptus Mechanicus model range, but Belli I definitely don't like.

Don't do that.
And if you do do that, do it in a room with many wondow, that you aren't going to use for an hour or two, and only do a single batch of sprays.

Already seen autists complaining thathe loses that bolt pistol by the time he gets that force rod.
Ah, autists.
That aside, the model dosn't really do much for me - lacks the character of the big version.

Would you recommend just getting some brush on primer? I just really want to start getting my poxwalkers out of the way at the least. I have some deathshroud and the rest of the dark imperium plague marines.

>but Belli I definitely don't like.
It's one of those things. The idea was probably to make a Dürer like demon creature thingy.
And the they just kept adding shit to it in the computer until it actually looked like that.

If you can paint the models, touch or transport them without breaking them or if they even work as gaming pieces at all is a total afterthought for GW these days.

Clonks my bongles.

Isn't this the wrong photo? Pretty sure you had a more up to date one last thread.

Anyone know a static grass that matches Citadel's/Games Workshop's? I want to do some terrain to match some of the stuff I've done already, but I've only got about a fifth of a tub of the old stuff left.

GW did several over the years.
I'd recommend taking a sample and going to a railroad model store. You should be able to pick up a matching color for a few bucks.
The GW stuff is just repackaged anyway, if you buy a model railroad bag of flock that is gonna last you several armies at least for a lot less than what the GW stuff probably cost you.

Yeah, I know. I've been using this tub of GW static grass since the 2000s. Just coming to the end of it now.

I'll give that a try. Looks like I need a summer style mixture from the colour.

For the Necromunda bases do you think I should prime those first or just slap the model on too and do em in one go

Warm your cans beforehand, spray the models quickly outside, let them dry on the basement windowsill.
Don't sit in thebasement huffing spray propellant for the sake of getting them painted.
Brush primer is an option, but a slow pain in the arse one.

Looks really good. normally for fire the brightest colour would be in the deepest parts and darker on the outer edges though?

What color should the coils be?

a molten goldish yellow maybe? But a darker shade

This things arms are terrible