Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2097: Experience Like a River Edition

>Google Drive drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_CZpv9egbzQ?t=1038
youtube.com/watch?v=8bcWQKp6NOo
youtube.com/watch?v=QCjmC4n_RvE
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56868067/#56872766
youtube.com/watch?v=KIO43lnXZHQ
exhibition.ni.siois.in
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What can you offer the worlds you're jumping to?

What do you feel like in the Force jumpers? What do Dresden wizards see when they use the Sight on you? Basically, what is your presence like to supernatural senses?

The ability to fuck up even the most basic instructions (which admittedly in some settings isn't necessarily a bad thing)

Have to go to work just popping in to say have a great day jumpers.

Thank you Death, you too.

Magic, you just have to follow my rules.

Loli zombies and immortality.

You too, user
Elaborated and complex plots to get sequels of my favorite videogames

Paperclips

>What do Dresden wizards see when they use the Sight on you? Basically, what is your presence like to supernatural senses?
Mushrooms

Purpose and stagnation, or harvest and damnation.

Bodacious Babes

>"Maybe I shouldn't have eaten all those evil souls"

Lesbians. Also, fascism.

Guidance and endless robo-waifus

Do you even bother saving small villages anymore, or are you too busy in the fancy big city?

Absolute dominance of an improved/elevated humankind

Father?

One jump I spent a while defending a small village out in the country side, and one thing led to another and before I knew it, it was a capital city where they prayed to me... I was only away for a month, I'm still not quite sure how they managed that desu.

Chlamydia and other assorted gifts.

>saving people in cities at all
Fuck cities, i only save villages

t. village kid

Question Valeria if we were to free Melodias and Elizabeth from the curse would Elizabeth reawaken her full memories and power?

>Defending villages
>Not sending gobs for the cute anime-farmers

At what point would it be safe to waifu Lash (Dresden Files)?

As in the actual Denarian, or the mind-fragment she would leave behind if you touched the coin then buried it or something?

Jumpers, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!

A palid angel, with a dark oily light shining from behind and around me, with six dark wings outstretched and wearing a crown of flaming thorns. My arms are red, shining, as if metal gauntlets made of the finest design and articulation, perfect works of art and smithmasters craft. Wearing robes of purple and black and eyes glowing like red embers in a dieing hearth.

On one side is a sword, simple in design. Sharp and in a blackened scabbard that once was white. On the other a book made from blackened, hardened leather and gilded pages, edges shining with a dark and sickly purple light. Its cover has a single blue stone inlaid within a circle of purple design and runes.

In my hand a staff, carved from bone and set with a ruby large as a fist and carved with runes and circles.

At my feet a sea of souls, crying out in torment as they flow slowly swirling around me and into me before dissapearing into an unknown place.

There is a reason I dont let people souldgaze me.

The latter, although maybe also the former out of pure interest

Same reason I do anything.
Poor impulse control.

So how hard would it be to get Whis or another angel to train you into becoming a God of Destruction? I'd preferable get Cus to do it cause she seems to be the angel with the most emotions/empathy, or perhaps the only angel with such things.

>Not sending goblins and trolls to the village so you can save it and become their hero

Just be a really good fighter, and also friendly. Those are literally Goku's only qualifications, and Whis made him an offer.

Bick Boss Enri is a Saint you hear me? A Saint!

Well, going by Beerus' example and the fact that Goku got the offer... Being a glutton might also help?

Oh yeah, and also having no sense of collateral damage, moral responsibility or really any form of empathy apart from battle addiction. Actually you know what, maybe that's why Whis is scouting Goku: Because he knows that as Goku is already the ideal Khornate devotee, he won't give a shit about destroying entire worlds and he'll be motivated to do it properly.

They see not, for I encompass all.To look upon me is to blind themselves in the face of infinity, for I hold no limits and shall tolerate no constraints on my image.

Im not sure if that is awesome because you have ao much detail or cringy because of all the edge.

Would an Outer God be immune to Iihiko's Legendary Hero stuff, or is his stuff even more bullshit than I'm thinking?

I got that perk from Hero BBS, so every village saved has some bullshit good results later on.

Papa Bones clearly isn't

If asking nicely fails, bribe Whis with food. That'll do the trick.

Keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean he'll scale down the training if you're too weak to handle it. You may very well die if you're not strong enough.

Is that female Alucard from Ultimate? I don't remember that scene.

>Perk > in-setting rules
But also
>Outer God > Iihiko
So, if you are the Outer God, you should be fine. If you are against an Outer God with his stuff,you should also be fine.

Oh its definately edge worthy. But I try to keep edge factor down by only having 1 belt, not actually torturing the souls just gathering lost ones and sending them on unless evil, and not being a dick.

I feel like the air around. I look like the wind. The human body is an illusion, a figment that is nothing but a parlor trick.

I am the winds and crowned with fire.

A mix of perks blotting out all but my Moana stuff (in which I was the incarnation of the wind), and my Hellboy invisible crown of fire.

youtu.be/_CZpv9egbzQ?t=1038

If anything Ihiko's title of being the Irreversible Destroyer is massively overhyped. Someone recently posted a pic by the author which confirms Ajimu is close enough in power to the MC of Katanagatari that he could beat her on a good day. Which means his older sister, the most powerful character in the setting while badly crippled, could almost definitely slay Ajimu on the regular. And as it turns out Ihiko killing her wasn't actually permanent, because near the end of Medaka Box she sent a goodbye card to Medaka & friends.

Best cook in the multiverse coming through. I wonder if they will like Gourmet Cells or a Brisket made using Monster Hunter ingredients.

So you look like a flaming crown?

>Perk > in setting rules

Where did Val say that. Sounds like you're just trying to wank fiat effects by rules lawyering beyond the spirit of the setting, it's clear those 1200 CPs are supposed to make you like Medaka and Ihiko, not better than them in every way.

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
Bcuz I killed the waynes

>or another angel
Why is she sad?

Basically, yeah. Just a flaming crown floating above the spot where my body should be.

Her universe went hakai

All her friends and everything she's known died.

Zeno is a monster who needs to die.

It's only one universe, he has like 12 others. Or is it 7 others now?

Monster hunter. It looks fucking amazing.

Not just for that one, but because he wants to destroy all the universes only because he's too lazy to manage all of them. What the fuck even IS the point of the Mortal Level? Who CARES if some universes are underleveled compared to others?

How to fix?

Waifu, kill Zeno early or just fight for her universe in the competition.

Maybe down the line there will be some kind of external invasion that justifies it. In like, 4 or 5 years.

It's all secretly allegory for power level faggotry.

This is Dragonball. I doubt it when nothing has ever been justified beyond "need strong man to make punch-punch"

I wouldn't be surprised, but if it is it's also a strong argument for the inherent evil of the cosmos.

>just fight for her universe in the competition.

What are the odds in her team?

Prepare to carry the team by yourself.

They lose so low. If you don't step in then they will die. Their GoD is basically the only relevant being beyond yourself. Although they probably have the best into.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bcWQKp6NOo

Zeno controlls these universes right? Why not buy them from him with dealmaking perks? Or make a bet for them.

Then make a superdragonball wish or to store them in a pocket world to take with you when you leave.

I think Iihiko would have been more interesting if it had leaned more into the fact that he's supposedly a "main character." Like, he manages to beat Ajimu, not because of his broken ability, but because he got a power up out of nowhere. He's dangerous because he's has the narrative bending over backwards to ensure he wins.

Yeah no, I'm just ignoring that chart. It's massively stupid, if it isn't a joke.

I've got no clue really. I mean look how at just how much of a monster he is.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCjmC4n_RvE

Other anons have said it, but it's difficult to explain just how badly her team loses. Put it this way: The team managed by a chuuni kami whose whole gimmick is for his chuuni shittalking to get BTFO by Goku & friends hitting things REALLY hard lasts way, way longer than her team and actually gives U7 a decent challenge. The team whose fighters' gimmicks are being too tiny to properly see or hit lasts way longer than her team.

>it's massively stupid, if it isn't a joke

And so is Medaka Box. You do you, but I don't see the point in living in denial when it's straight out of the author's mouth. Doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'd be more concerned if I was attached to MB as I am to certain other funny picture books.

In other news, there is and never will be a Lucifer sequel.

>If anything Ihiko's title of being the Irreversible Destroyer is massively overhyped. Someone recently posted a pic by the author which confirms Ajimu is close enough in power to the MC of Katanagatari that he could beat her on a good day. Which means his older sister, the most powerful character in the setting while badly crippled, could almost definitely slay Ajimu on the regular. And as it turns out Ihiko killing her wasn't actually permanent, because near the end of Medaka Box she sent a goodbye card to Medaka & friends.
If that quote exist, I'm inclined to believe that it was a joke. Medaka destroyed the moon and survived. And Ajimu's cheap knock-off went to the Moon and back on his own. Nothing in Katanagatari has even done anything bigger than damaging a castle.
That's the basic Jumpchain assumption. If the wording is absolute, why should we doubt it? In that case we would be doubting every perk and how it interacts with a setting. If a setting doesn't has magic do we have to assume that our magic stops working? Would a setting where magic is dangerous also extent that danger to non-native magics? And it's not rules-lawyering, abilities in Medaka Box are not only worded as absolute in many cases, but the setting also reflects that.
Just add Concept Ball if you feel that you would draw with the setting's nature, it's confirmed by Val that it would even work against Vortex Demonbane: archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56868067/#56872766

Win the tournament and get a wish on the Super Dragonballs. Use that to fix everything.

Keep in mind that JUST wishing everything back probably won't work, they'll probably just erase it again. The best theory the thread on /a/ has is to wish them back AND fuse all the universes together into one. Zen-Oh's complaint was that there were too many universes, so this would fix that problem.

>funny picture books.
Bancho?

>In other news, there is and never will be a Lucifer sequel.
But there is a Sandman sequel on the way by Neil Gaiman

Oh? That sounds interesting.

I don't remember Ihiko "powering up" in the shounen convention, he just hits things and they break. Sort of like Saitama, but with less ambient destruction.

I do remember Medaka pulling all those transformations out of her ass, though.

>spoiler

And those words make it A-OK. It's about time my boy Daniel got some love outside a few obscure Sandman spinoffs nobody read.

I just put it down to shounen weirdness and/or a logical extension of the main character thing. It's not like these are the most consistent and rational of stories.

I disagree. If nothing else there are all those posts from way back from Quicksilver telling people to fanwank something. Going by the wording of perks alone just comes across as mean spirited to me, when a lot of early jumpmakers didn't want to get mired in rules lawyering what counts as reality warping and what doesn't. And if we're talking about the setting, if anything it reflects the exact opposite. Why couldn't Kumagawa just beat the imagination creation girl by erasing her from existence right off the bat, for example? For that matter why the hell can Shiranui seize control of Ihiko's power just because he was mid-body hop when logically it should have repelled her will?

But I'll concede on the Concept Ball thing since that's the jumpmaker straight up saying how it works. I don't necessarily like it entirely when MB is deceptively low power because it was a pastiche/parody of shounen narrative devices at the start, but at the same time I recognise interjump balance being unwarranted.

No? Does Bancho read a lot of comics?

I'm almost certain he's gone for good.

>I don't remember Ihiko "powering up" in the shounen convention
No, I meant I think it would have been a more interesting fight if he'd done that INSTEAD of hitting things until they break. Like, his power is "10-foot thick plot armor" instead of "irreversible destruction."

Of course I do, I spend more time in villages than I do cities except when I have business to do like a run a country or fight a war etc.

Found this.
youtube.com/watch?v=KIO43lnXZHQ

Oops. Forgot to add that it has spoilers.

Oh, right. Maybe, I guess the author was trying to make his power different from Medaka's and also throw a curveball? Or playing to a different kind of shounen protagonist.

>Ded in 4

Jesus, that has to be a dick in the nads. Good thing Dragonball has 0 time for reflection, because absolute certainty that your universe is the weakest out of them all would be one big existential crisis for the local fighters.

>No? Does Bancho read a lot of comics?

He does and he always calls them funny picture books

Yet another thing he ruined, then.

>Someone recently posted a pic by the author which confirms Ajimu is close enough in power to the MC of Katanagatari that he could beat her on a good day.
I'd certainly like to see that source, if you happen to find it again.
Google gives me nothing.

>Or playing to a different kind of shounen protagonist

You know... I had honestly never considered it that way before. I'd always viewed him as, in the game of chuunis, that one kid who goes "nuh-uh, that doesn't work on me."

Medaka Box has "shenanigans" style battles, and Iihiko is a "powerlevels are everything" style opponent. Also consider that Iihiko is a relic of another era. I don't know enough about the history of manga, but it actually makes a huge amount of sense when you look at it that way.

Are they willing to be trained?

Oof

>few obscure Sandman spinoffs nobody read.
Well, the Spin-off with Cain and Abel was pretty long and Daniel had some chapters.

This one.

There was a bit of exaggeration in the post. We don't know what the scale on this chart is, so there may actually be a huge amount of difference between them.

Kissshot could stand against her, however.

Also, Medaka isn't a very artistic person, but we knew this already.

Yeah, I always figured Ihiko is meant to represent the kind of character who straddles shounen and seinen somewhat, like Kenshiro or Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma. The kind of lone ranger badass who's always holding back and is only held back, if at all, by his mindset more than anything in 90% of his fights.

Probably. But they might just be not suited for it. I would replace most of the team with strong companions if you have them, and keep Murichim and.or Obuni for remaining spots.

Probably, but Dragon Ball Super has established that training is utterly worthless and you're either born with the power to surpass the Gods of Destruction, or you will forever be a worthless extra whose only lasting contribution is to give up your precious life energy to Goku. Forget Vegeta, look at TIEN: Trained his whole life and got taken out earlier than fucking KRILLIN.

Oh yeah, that's another thing: Judging from Master Roshi's performance, nepotism=auto-powerlevel scaling is almost canon.

>Are they willing to be trained?
I mean, the universe is at stake. They'd better be fucking willing.

Keep in mind that you really don't have that much time in which to train them. You either need some really good perks to make up the difference, or just replace the team with you and your companions.

And who made that chart?

Roshi doesn't have a super high powerlevel; he did so well because he relied on gimmicks. He would lose Tien in a straight fight.

Any link or translation?

Yeah but Tien has plenty of gimmicks too, the plot just made him use them in the dumbest ways possible so there would be an excuse for him to drop out early.

I guess i need to enhance them

We agree there.

If you plan on entering the team yourself, I'd suggest replacing Lilibeu.

It's from this, I think: exhibition.ni.siois.in

Keep in mind that Hit, who has both a good gimmick and a decent powerlevel, would have been able to beat Jiren if he wasn't so god-awful at teamwork.
>inb4 Jiren was holding back at that point
He was, but eliminated is eliminated. Taking advantage of hubris is just strategy.

I was kind of hoping that they'd get caught in a stalemate for a few episodes, where neither of them can move. No one can get past Jiren's barrier to eliminate him, but no one is willing to attack the defenseless Hit either because they don't want Jiren to come back into play. This also handily provides justification for why Jiren isn't roflstomping everyone. Then there's, like, an episode where the remaining Pride Troopers have to fight their way past all the other teams to defeat Hit and save Jiren.