Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2096: Everyone involved in this hobby is mentally ill Edition

>Google Drive drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXkszF8Kq0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, you're not wrong.

>stating the obvious

Warhammer 40k Tau when? Want to get my Battle Suit on (I will also be fine with Necron)

You got the thread number wrong.

What perks are best for waifuing completely evil people?

What do?

Whoever is probably gonna do Tau is getting Imperial Guard done first.

Akame Ga Kill's Villager perks are great for this.

What even is the Dwarf Fortress jump?

What are some good jumps with Angel-killing weaponry? I want a back-up option that isn't nuke everything.

A jumper needs his sauce.

> You don't get out much, do you?
Lady, you're a comic book character. The amount of T&A you flash over a normal Tuesday would make most guys shoot their dick off.

What does your jumper wish they could un-see?

Supernatural is the obvious one that comes to mind. Then some stuff from DxD probably. Maybe Overlord? Mondaiji has some pretty insane weapons, though they can be make nukes look like firecrackers at times.

Highschool DxD demonic weapons.

If you don't care about redemption, you can waifu them like any other waifu.

Valeria, For Time Lord, can you control your senses to shut off the information stream, or is it an always on type thing?

>Angel-killing
Are we talking about NGE Angels, or a more traditional type?

Madness disguised as a roguelike tower defense civ game.

When I went Gurren Lagann, the anti spirals trapped me in the multidimensional analysis in a style reminiscent of the Magic God with Touma and showed me my companions lives without me. It was almost scarring how much better some peoples lives could have been. The only solace was that they agreed they didn't regret their choice (even is jumper still occasionally doubts their words)

Also SB drawback discussion

NGE Angels.

I M B I B E
M
B
I
B
E

The evil is part of the fun, but toning them down would be rather ideal.

I had to confront monsters made out of my absolute worst fears. Fuck you, Alma.

Have you tried just being a really good person that makes them WANT to change? Though this depends on whether they have an excuse or being evil, or are just rotten to the core for no reason.

Just don't try to make them fall in love with you just to say you did it, that's messed up. Love them in spite of their evil and wish they could change.

I'd suggest spiritual attacks to pierce their AT-Fields. Once through that, you just have to hit their core.
The Eva approach is to either use the AT Field to neutralize the Angel's own, or to biggaton it. Using OCP that are outright piercing spirit attacks would be much more efficient (and less collateral damage.)

Friendly reminder for inorganic and undead Jumpers, that there is a perk that would let you keep the benefits (however small) of the disgusting meatbags while not needing to be one.

>Chrono Trigger
>How Human You've Become (200 CP, Discount Robot): A lot of robots don't see the point
>of humanity, or biology in general. Me? I think they've got some pretty useful qualities.
>If you've recognized that as well, I can teach you how to hold onto them. You'll have all
>the benefits of being a biological lifeform, including benefit from healing magic and
>potions, no matter what your form. You'll also have the ability to learn and innovate,
>and will retain your entire emotional spectrum, including the inner strength that'll let
>you pull off miracles.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Big ass railgun", but that sounds a lot easier.

>Berserk jump doesn't offer companions
I am disappoint. I wanted to companion Zodd. He seems like the only cool Apostle there.

Metaphorically, Physically or Psychically

That is a helpful reminder, thanks user!

Darksiders.

So if I take this perk, I can knock people up?
Neat.

Yes, put those bones to better use.

Yes.

Just left to eat dinner. I don't intend to stink up this thread with much more needless Needless bickering, so I'll make this fast.

Ok, I just looked it up, and I was wrong. They were two different powers with nigh-identical names and effects.

However, doesn't change the fact that I've had to make other similar changes to make the Fragments section work. You get Strom's level of power if you boost it to a Stigmata Fragment, otherwise it's at the same level as base Hoono.

That's how it is and that's how I'm going to leave it.

>Also wouldn't we need Adam to do that Scenario?
Yes, The Almighty is the natural evolution of the Zero Fragment.

> In which case we'd already have two of the Stigmata and couldn't start with any others regardless of the booster perk.
Yes, the whole point is that you'd be finding the owners of these other Fragments and copying them.

To end this off, I'm going to make the following rulings. I'm sorry if you really were just trying to make sure the jump sticks as close to canon as possible, but this is the only way I can see to make sure there's no ambiguity.

1) If you do not buy the perk that gives Stigmata and boosts your Fragment, your Fragment does not have the potential to develop Stigmata.

2) Without developing a Stigmata, unless you have OOC perks that make this kind of thing possible, your Fragment will never reach the same level of power as it would as a Stigmata Fragment, either artificially or through training.

3) Your own Fragments only has Stigmata if you buy it, and powers you copy will not have or develop Stigmata unless you copy it from someone who has already developed their own Stigmata.

Woudl something like this be alright for the drawback that gives you a monstrous/alien personality in Supergod?
>You have no desire to do anything but observe and record whatever is going on in the universe. Whether someone slaughters the entirety of earth or something appears that you'd normally want for yourself, you would just stay away from the action and watch.

Well, there is "anti-AT Field ammo" in Rebuild of Evangelion. Which suggests that you can make specialized munitions to take them out. This is backed up from various other things throughout the expanded universe, such as the F-Type Equipment warping the Eva's AT Field to boost its strength and speed or the Magorox Sword amplifying its damage with energy drawn from the wielder's Field. It should be possible to make materials and mechines that interact with AT Fields, which makes sense given that the soul is considered a biological organ in Evangelion. Interactions cutting both ways is to be expected.

So Strom's power costs 200 + 400 (or whatever the new booster cost is) while the other powers of the same level just cost 400?

Madness Jumper could probably use a humanity reminder. She certainly isn't getting it from her Companions. Our group's current conscience for being good is SHODAN-Lite and an Alice from Nechronica.
Don't waste the railgun - use it to snipe the core once through the AT-Field!

Would there be any interest in a Drawn to Life jump?

Fook off blueberry

I don't know what that game is about but any form of magic drawing is a yes.

old jump is old.

So, build a bigass railgun, load it with anti-AT Field rounds, and shoot them in the core. Got it

Not him but has anyone else noticed a disturbing increase in skeleton activity in the thread lately?

>Without developing a Stigmata, unless you have OOC perks that make this kind of thing possible, your Fragment will never reach the same level of power as it would as a Stigmata Fragment, either artificially or through training.
I'm going to take Go Adam anyway so this doesn't really affect me but this is bullshit, that isn't how the fragments work and changing it like this is a huge problem. You shouldn't just heavily nerf things and package them off in seperate options.

What are you going to replace the Eden's Seeds items with now that you're fiat restricting us and our companions from using them?

And?
What does that make you for willingly wanting to stay here and shitpost every day?

I wouldn't worry about it

We are inside of nearly everyone user. We usually wait till you die before getting fed up with you guys shit. Lately though, lately we have begun to get disgusted with how you fleshies handle things. Keep it up and you might find your inner skeleton has had enough of your shit user. But it is ok for now. You are still safe.

Who is this "Ed" and how does he know so much about Skeletons?

I have a question , What does stigmata due to
Krishna Vaitarani?

Shh. Don't attract its attention. Best just pretend you never saw anything.

He is a spoony bard.

Bards know lots of things.

Threadly reminder that you had four years to make that jump for the series you enjoy, so complaining about quality, canonicity or people making jumps for series that aren't finished is just entitled shitstirring.

>To end this off, I'm going to make the following rulings. I'm sorry if you really were just trying to make sure the jump sticks as close to canon as possible, but this is the only way I can see to make sure there's no ambiguity.
You could also not lock things behind any fiat barriers with no basis in canon. I mean seriously what pourpous does it serve?

Don't even some of the oldest jumps have companion options?

Seriously. There's a reason Red's method of jumpmaking has fallen by the wayside.

>I don't know what that game is about
Drawn to Life is a game series set in a world filled with little fox people called Raposa, who are all delightful little creatures who worship a being known as the Creator, who...well, created them and their world. Until one day, one of the Raposa named Wilfre got cocky and decided that he should be able to create as well, stealing the Book of Life to do so. His creations were twisted and evil, however, and this combined with discovering his theft caused the others to run him out of town. Before they could take the book back, however, a bitter Wilfre destroyed it. Enraged by this, the Creator turned their back on the Raposa, and with the book destroyed, the world fell into darkness, only accelerated by a corrupted Wilfre and his creations. The game starts off with Mari, the Mayor's daughter, sending a desperate prayer to the Creator to save them. The Creator answers, and sends a hero down to save the Raposa.

A big part of the first game is recovering the pages of the Book of Life, as well as saving the Raposa who left the town as it fell apart and were captured by Wilfre and purifying the corruption Wilfre has caused. As you get more pages back, you're able to create more things, like signs, swords, celestial objects, etc. since you're playing as both the Hero and the Creator. Both the first game and the sequel can be surprisingly dark, with Wilfre stabbing and killing the Mayor during the final part of the first game, and doing all sorts of terrible acts in the second game ranging from possessing a little girl to trying to setting up a dictatorship.
Not to mention the second game revealing that the whole thing is actually the coma dream of a little boy who was in a car accident, with the Creator being God, Wilfre being a representation of death, and the Raposa cast pretty much all dying as Mike wakes up, even if that's what they wanted.

Turn your trip back on and stop shitposting yourself.

That ending was retconned out though

Reminder that buying skills above E- is a waste of cp when we can just hit them up with Upgrade from generic isekai.

>generic isekai.
Ugh

That was fast.

Fuck off, powerwanker. Jumpmakers have been allowed to put in non-canon upgrades/restrictions to options so long as it doesn't drastically interfer with intrajump balance or tone.

Is Generic Isekai talked about only because Upgrade in the same way Minecraft is only brought up because of cheat mode and mystcraft?

>Ugh
We had a perfectly good build last thread. It was Shooter-kuns first day on the job, so be supportive okay?

If your certain that Strom's base power is so much weaker than the other Stigmata Fragments, just say that you're a bit stronger than Strom. You make that call, I say Strom's demonstrated power is easily Stigmata level, but if that really doesn't mesh with you, you can make the Boost with Stigmata whatever you want, I did say fanwank it.

>that isn't how the fragments work
No, saying that you could reach the level of Stigmata without developing one outright contradicts the canon. Stigmata Fragments are by their very definition the strongest. I just conceded on that without thinking because I didn't see any reason not to give the ok.

>You shouldn't just heavily nerf things
I'm assuming this is in reference to how Fragment that had Stigmata in canon don't have them if you buy them as-is.

My options on handling Stigmata where either

a) only canon Stigmata Fragments can have Stigmata, and they get them by default.

b) Any Fragment can be made into your Stigmata Fragment, but now canon Stigmata Fragments don't get it by default.

As a jump, the second option allowed the most freedom, and made the most sense.

>now that you're fiat restricting us and our companions from using them?
You wouldn't be able to use them on yourself, obviously. Maybe there are more people out there with the potential for Stigmata, maybe in other jumps, but you aren't one of them without buying the option.

I can't tell if you think I made this post or if you're hoping the guy who did just happens to be around to get mad at it.

For the most part yes. It's that and '>ugh'

There is also skill books, and the eating things power, and the skill sharing.

Yes.

Yep. It goes from 0 to 100 real fucking quick. That's not even going into the Wii game where Wilfre's girlfriend tried to bring him back after the first game, but forgot what he looked like exactly, before getting eaten by her creation. Also, in that same game, the girl he possessed in the sequel game says that she sees him in her dreams, which makes sense given how she's half-corrupted.

Oh yeah, they re-released it and had it so that he just hurt himself swinging from a tree or something, right? Eh, I wasn't too big a fan of that little change, but what can you do.

Eh, not really? All the 'cheat' options in the jump are, well, cheaty. Upgrade is probably just the easiest to lose, since it lets you just dump MP into whatever stat or skill you want to increase.

They vary from 'army builder' to 'I'm super OP', but that merely depends on jumpers goals in life.

Nobody EVER talks about the eating things power. Probably because it's not the first jump to have that power.

Neither, really. It's just routine at this point.

Sure, this seems straight-forward enough.

You'd be able to make a bigger gate that can summon and control more spirits. I called it an army before, but in terms of numbers, you could probably control a gang's-worth of ghosts by default. Now you could summon a proper army. Bring down town if you felt like it.

Or you could maybe summon stronger ghosts instead, if you'd rather be boosted in quality, rather than quantity, but the first thing makes the most sense to me.

Frank Cho is a treasure.

I mean it's uses are pretty obvious. Just scarf down a large number of magical materials, super metals and ocassionally Monster Hunter Monsters and you basically just become super durable.

Depending on your thoughts of the matter you can always go to Disgaea and eat dragons like Killia does

I was hoping for something more like I can call on specific ghosts from afterlives were they would not normally be able to escape, But that's also good.

Jumpers, have you ever actually knuckled down and made some honest-to-goodness fucking OC involving your Jumper.

Because listening to this song has made me start wanting to try and come up with a Jumper-specific song: youtube.com/watch?v=GXkszF8Kq0Q

At least they make sense for an isekai jump.

Once again, you are correct.

Alternatively, going down the new power route, you could make it so you yourself can enter the gate to find specific spirits, maybe even astral-project too by controlling your own spirit. That would also be possible. I just didn't know specifically what you were aiming for.

I've written up some descriptions of weapons my Jumper uses.

Just because you are correct, doesn't make you right.

Writing, yes. Also a horrible MS paint rendition of my jumper, which shall never again see the light of day.

I have a few pdfs lying around detailing the construction of certain projects and supersoldier projects done from scratch.

Not terribly great, looking back on it, but I enjoyed writing it.

It can't be any worse than that OAA picture. Or the bancho one.

It may be morally flawed to taunt people, but the fact remains that if you want a jump done a certain way you need to make it yourself.

I feel that finite transgressions are not worth Infinite torment so I was hoping to be able to rip people from otherwise secure hells and then use the machines of karma from Lord of Light on them,With the ultimate post spark goal of emptying every hell.

I mean, it...*might* not have been worse. But my combat form did in fact turn out to be an ugly son of a gun.

This. There's a reason everyone hates Bancho.

Post it for comparison.

Even when OAA's not relevant in the slightest, you jump out with your dick erect screaming hatred.

I've done a lot of writing but I've totally stopped for the last few months because it feels like a waste to spend all that time writing when no one will ever see it.