How much different is the imperium in pre horus heresy 30k vs 40k...

how much different is the imperium in pre horus heresy 30k vs 40k. Has ANYTHING realy changed other than a slow decay and superficial beuarocacy. From what I understand is that in 30k was just as shitty in every way cultural technological and social as 40k with the sole difference being that there was slight hope with Big E alive and his crusade.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#/search
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i need books that help with general world building I need more background lore

Giving specific, non-mythologized, historical details of "the old days" and stats to the primarchs was a very big mistake.

>pre horus heresy 30k vs 40k
>Has ANYTHING realy changed
Since some of the Legions decided to renegotiate their contracts, they've been known to cause a bit of trouble every now and then.

how trust worth are the HH books anyway are they supposed to be primary spurces or are they supposed to be rewritten/multitranslated over millennium type books.

How many fucking warhammer threads do we really need?

Big hint: Pre-heresy (30k) the Emperor was not considered a god, the Adeptus Ministorum did not exist (so no Sisters of Battle), the Inquisition did not exist, the Deathwatch and Grey Knights did not exist, technology was slowly being upgraded as STC fragments were being recovered from worlds brought into the Imperium.
Completely the opposite of 40k.

Unfortunately, 40k has long since given up its old tradition of unreliable narrators. They are in-fact written in omniscient narrator voice. Sad.

3 or 4 generals isn't enough, we should have a dedicated lore thread too

fuck Veeky Forums honestly

then whats the point? the whole hook was "every thing is canon and nothing is." having it like that takes the mystery and therefore the grandousness out of the lore

You can just pretend its unreliable narrator, i for one like to head cannon the Emperor as he was in old lore "Misguided, ruthless, and flawed, but ultimately well meaning leader" rather than the petty dictator he is now.

Its better than the monster girl and shota fetish threads

This. The Imperium was a thriving feudal Empire, not a bloody repressive regime it is not.

Temples ware toppled and great orators explained to the population why this was a good thing. Now, entire planets are turned into shrines and whole companies of elite soldiers guard them because EMPEROR DEMANDS IT!!!

>it is not.
it is now*

Enough to cover every fetish. Mine is power armor, I love that shit. Perturabo one is GOAT in my opinion

I don't disagree, but it's a bit hard to justify bitching about warhams when every third thread is a grubby little fetish / wankbait session

Only things elves are good for is lewd

And canned meat apparently

30k pre heresy Imperium had hope, better understanding and availability of technology, and wasn’t s needlessly crime regime. Rare vehicles like land raiders and Baneblades were fielded like Chimeras and basilisk are now, and STCs were regularly being discovered. Most of the technology from 30k was lost and many existing forms are degraded over thousands of years of repairing relics because no one knows how to really make new ones anymore. The Imperium we have now is the result of half the 30k Imperiumturing to chaos and smashing the other half, with whatever was left rebuilding into what we have now. Not to mention the numerous catastrophes that have happened since the heresy like the war of the Beast, the beheading, the age of strife and numerous Xenos invasions and civil wars mostly lost to history.

Exactly, the Great Crusade was a period of great hope. People truly believed they were reaching for a better future all all peoples, and they were. Technology was not condemned, free thought was not entirely a gulag offence, faith was banned, and the leadership of the Imperium was in tip top condition. Things were good.

Preach!

Go roll an elf or whatever it is you pen and paper fetishists do.

I agree, the 40k general hits the bump limit in a couple of hours and it's mostly just wargame competition shit with virtually no fluff discussion.

>then whats the point?

To sell models.

Pre-Heresy Imperium was full-on noblebright place of pure humanity fuck yeah.
And then everything went to shit.

Weapon and armor has advanced some since then, particularly plasma weapons.

That was weird, even for this place.

>Japanese personnel in many parts of Asia and the Pacific committed acts of cannibalism against Allied prisoners of war. In many cases this was inspired by ever-increasing Allied attacks on Japanese supply lines, and the death and illness of Japanese personnel as a result of hunger. According to historian Yuki Tanaka: "cannibalism was often a systematic activity conducted by whole squads and under the command of officers"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#/search