EDH/Commander general

Captain Dickslapper edition

Previously: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Who is your favorite "fuck you I'm huge" commander?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ja3qr07kKgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>q
Zacama has been fun as of late.

Also, am I you’re mom gay if I do the Animate Dead/Worldgorger Dragon combo in Thrasios/VialSmasher?

>Who is your favorite "fuck you I'm huge" commander?
it costs 15 mana to attack me 18 if you dont want to pay 3 for me to make an ogre
your move friend
welcome to group "hug"

>commander
fuck i thought you meant creature
uh
uh
uh
uh
uh
uh
i dont know im out

>am I you’re mom gay

GG
12/12
Trample

more like gg draw 12 discard 3

Uril, the miststalker.

I don't really have one because I like being able to cast my commander more than once per game without devoting half the deck to ramp. But the closest I have to that is Ishkanah.

Jalira might get an honorary mention.

So that’s a yes?

Where/how do you guys sell your shit? I have a shitload of bulk commons/uncommons that I want to get rid of

seventy eleven

I give them away to the LGS. They aren’t worth shit.

If you draft, leave the chaff at your LGS. If you crack packs alone, seek professional help

I might do that. Or recycle them, they just take up space and make it a pain to keep things organized

I don't crack packs anymore unless I'm drafting, but waaay back when I started I used to buy fat packs/split boxes with buds and that's where it all came from

>seek professional help
this
you need to be cracking packs at peak efficiency

>Selling bulk commons
Unless it's from an old-ass set that might have some value in it that simply can't be done, no one wants it, it's cardboard
Leave it at your LGS so that they can sell them to kids at 5 cents per card

does anyone play sedris traitor king? i wanna build him

What are some good edh channels with fun gameplay vids on them? I've been watching the mtggoldfish ones, but those just boil down to Seth building jank to draw cards and that other annoying cunt consistently playing decks way above the powerlevel of the other decks in the game.

my friend had a deck for him at one point. he almost never actually cast sedris himself because he's kind of inefficient to use. it takes a 9 mana investment to get your first unearth off, so it's not really worth it.

if you want to play grixis reanimator, consider building kess or marchesa instead.

It's fun until they start putting Rest in Peace and Grafdigger's Cage, at which point your only chance is to combo off and kill everybody with some infinite crap

if people in your meta are unironically running rest in peace in your meta, is high time to stop playing reanimator completely or move into a pseudo-reanimator that mostly runs reanimation for value (think birthing pod and eldritch evolution + value ETBs kind of deck)

if i say yes will that keep you from playing him?

commander vs is best girl

game knights a shit

Done and done

Are there any UW creatureless decks that will not cost me an arm and a leg? I'm not looking for a waacfag deck - something slightly better than a pre-con deck will be enough. Just ordered pic related because it's really different from any deck I ever played and I want to run something similar in EDH

But I don't want to put my 350 dollar deck in the trash can

damn yall. i wanted to build him because i love the card (art and flavor) and i didnt want to use a commander product general anymore. maybe ill do marchesa

no, but id hope youd tell me if you enjoy it or not and why

>no, but id hope youd tell me if you enjoy it or not and why
nvm then

That's what motivated me in the first place, but really grixis is not match for bant/abzan/sultai

>But I don't want to put my 350 dollar deck in the trash can
then run nature's claim or counterspells
fuck

well your group already put it in the trash can when they put a RIP in a deck. thems the breaks. reanimator, in the grand scheme of magic, is kind of balanced around the fact that your first reanimation spell should damn near win you the game, so grave hate is balanced accordingly to be almost impossible to play against with a casual loot + reanimator deck. if you want to win with a reanimator in a meta like that, your choices are to become even more obnoxious by tutoring up some insane reanimation wincon every game while running a control suite to protect it, or move into a value reanimator that doesn't loot/mill as much and can easily play around grave hate (think GB). you can probably use a lot of your reanimator's cards in both decks so it's not all bad

>art and flavour
I'm a sucker for flavour and he's basically Arthas, I'd make a deck if I wasn't already running two reanimator decks.

Depending on how much time you have/how valuable your time is, it might be worthwhile to at least sift through them for commons that are played in pauper.
There are a couple uncommons that are worth a few bucks or more as well.

Is this a decent start for mono black? Still haven't decided on a commander (leaning towards Yahenni, but Sheoldred seems 2EZ to pass up) but wanted to get the essentials first

youre such a tease

nirkana revenant is overpriced and overcosted poo

doubling cube is kind of meh

yahenni isn't very good for a big black mana strategy. try gonti or something instead

Posted at the end of last thread doubt you saw

I'd say SCGs Commander VS is better at simulating an actual group due to:
>one player who always plays to win
>one player who carries a vendetta across every game
>one player who is only happy when no one is interacting with him
>one player who just wants to have a lot of fun
Plus their deck restrictions make it so it's kinda different every week.

Check out Azor. Not entirely creatureless but I play him as enchantment and artifact lockdown where he's basically a Sphinx's Decree and Sphinx's Rev I can flicker and do every turn.

>thread question
Playing Ghalta for the fifth time for only two mana is a lot more fun than i originally would have thought.

i swear they stack their decks so they could get the WHOA IM SO SHOCKED expression every game

MTGMuddstah has the best format

I've been enjoying mtgMuddstah. He gives decent play-by-play commentary, the gameplay is decently competent, the videos aren't an hour long, there's a good variety of decks, he posts new videos weekly, and you don't have to deal with cringy in-jokes and dialog from players because he dubs over video recordings.

I just think it's that their decks are mostly gas due to having access to almost every card from SCGs stockpile.

The Command Tax is an additional cost, after the X reductions from creature power you'll always pay GG and command tax.

Nah, it's the same as Karador and Tasigur

Wrong, just look at the rulings for Karador

And getting into rules arguments like this is the downside of Ghalta.

The command tax can be reduced with Ghalta's ability, user. Reductions are applied after additional costs.

Alternate costs still have to pay commander tax though.

MTGMuddstah has been my favorite so far. Laboratory Maniacs has grown on my, even though I dislike cEDH. They're the only cEDH channel worth a damn.

youtu.be/ja3qr07kKgE

Anyone ever try this out? My group has both A) wanted to make decks with planeswalkers at the helm, and B) try a board game style format. This looks like it'd fit the bill.

Fair enough, my bad lads.

>MTGMuddstah
goat
>Laboratory Maniacs
yeah pretty entertaining, was better when i would frequent that sub but ultimately after building a few cEDH decks i came back to playing regular its just more fun imho
>SSG
sucked after mcdarby left
>clonehead?
they are pretty damn cool
>top and go productions
fucking rip m8 talk about how to have fun with bad cards, damn...
>budgetmtg
they are really awful at the game but the videos arent bad
>mtg goldfish commander whatever
fun, too long, too shitty most weeks
>keepflyin
this guy knows his stuff, best mtgo banlist content hands down
>Brian Weissman
hope you like nin, the pain artist... also always skip the first 5 or so min of his videos they are usually just fluff or bullshit

I could not get into that channel. I like to know boardstates and exactly what's happening in a match whereas he basically gives a quick tl;dr of the game. I think there's a lot of people who like it that way, but it's just not for me.

My lgs puts chaff into boxes and just gives it away to kids

Don't worry user, this discussion literally comes up every time i play Ghalta with someone who hasn't played against him before, so you're definitely not the only one.

>second time playing Ghalta
>I pay two green to bring in Ghalta
>look around table
>ackchyually.jpg
>every time

It's alright I thought it worked similar to As Foretold. I've not played against a Karador, Taisagur or Ghalta commander.
I've got someone who uses As Foretold to cast their Teferi all the time ignoring command tax before someone mentions it.

That's nice. We have two lgs, one just throws them away and doesn't sell singles at all, the other sells absolute garbage singles for a minimum of 50 cents each. Or they'll fill a cardbox with absolute shit commons and sell them for $10 to kids who don't know any better because "look how many cards you get, what a deal!"

Finally paired it down to a couple things for my next deck. I'd like to do either:
>Sek'kuar gravepact and death triggers ft. reanimation
>Mardu damage prevention/redirection and curses ft. Threaten effects
Which do you think would be more fun? I'm open to opinions. Deflecting Palm effects are a ton of fun, but Grave Pact seems like it'd be great with fucking over my creature-heavy meta. There's going to be a lot of things dying either way.

Yeah, before I started playing with a group they had a Grimgrin player casting Grimgrin from Rooftop Storm without commander tax. He didn't appreciate being corrected about that.

>"look how many cards you get, what a deal!"

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm not sure which Mardu commander I would use yet. I'm thinking either Marduchesa, Zurgo, or Mathas. I would tweak the deck some depending on which one was at the helm. Mathas would be more curses and politics, Marchesa would be more reactive and focused on gaining value, and Zurgo would be more aggressive (not really voltron though). I'd also have a Sunforger package in each one. I haven't played around with Sunforger yet, but it seems really sweet.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE reanimating this guy. He might be my favorite reanimation target, assuming I'm not in dire need of card draw or mana.

(If I need to reanimate a Rune-Scarred or Crypt Ghast it usually means that something's gone wrong and I only do it out of necessity)

They mention a few times how the opening hands are predetermined. In their "cedh" videos they actually mulligan and can get bad draws.

MTGMuddstah is clearly the best. Doesn't fuck around with the videos much and narrates everything.

Commander Versus is alright. Jeremy needs to be axed and Jon needs to lose weight before he dies of a heart attack.

Game Knights is dumb and anything involving Jimmy "You can't be racist against white people" Wong, should be banned.

Lab Maniac is cool if you like competitive stuff.

MTGGoldfish has a playlist of commander games, but its MTGO only so its meh.

>tfw I'm the only one that actually bothers to occasionally look through the big box of "5 cent per card" chaff at my box
>tfw I often find 3+ dollar rares that casuals who only come in for prerelease just throw away

>tfw my LGS closed down 6 months ago and I haven't been able to find a new one.

Noyan dar.
I spent 40 bucks on shitty counterspells.
Made the mizzix player ragequit. 10/10

They also promote sharking kids. They are super shady. I saw one guy beat a kid in a khans draft with some craw wurm tier card, then offer to trade it for the bloodstained mire that the kid cracked because "you have to pay life to use it. Why not just put in a normal swamp or mountain instead?" I told the kid not to make the trade, the guy got pissed at me, went to the owner, and I got banned from the store for a month for "interfering with people's trades."

>just rebuilt my mono black "everything dies" Endless Whispers deck
Last couple blocks have been nice to graveyard decks, eh? I found a couple new win cons for my Endless Whispers deck in the form of Revel in Riches and Trespasser's Curse

>I got banned from the store for a month for "interfering with people's trades."
What the literal fuck. These people are scum.

Commander VS a shit. They all take so fucking long to do anything, and they're terrible players on top of it (they can't read the fucking cards).

The true answer. Videos are 10-15 minutes, content comes out twice a week, and the players are semi-competent to good.

10 bucks says that was a gaming goat

Same.

>gaming goat
I'm not sure what that is.

I like commander Vs but I'll concede they need a judge.

I've seen this a bit in these threads, from both sides, but if you're someone who trades cards with children or people of poor mental faculties and rip them off or actually steal cards you're a cunt of the highest order and are worse than any "investor" or horder in the world.

That’s kinda shit. Giving away is much cooler.

its a chain of LGS's that are known for shitty behavior like not letting you pick up cards that you bought online if the price increases

>killing a fully tuned Sidisi Storm list on the guy's Storm turn
>in fucking Boros
Time to retire from EDH, I can never top this.

>reanimate the demon
>kill your dude
>get a zombie
>sac the demon
>reanimate the demon
>kill your dude
>get a zombie
>sac the demon
>reanimate the demon

Isn't that literally illegal?

Although I suppose that's kind of happened to me on ebay. I've won a couple auctions for below market value and had the sellers just straight up cancel the transaction on me.

Question regarding this guy and Kalia
>declare attackers step, declare Kalia
>Use her ability to bit AoS onto the battlefield
Because you have already declared attackers when Kalia swung are your other creatures ineligible attackers and do they still have to swing?

>Got Roommate into MTG
>Ordered 4 Spellskite's for a deck from Gaming Goat
>They shot in in price while in transit
>Goes to pick them up
>Claim they "didn't get processed" but if he wanted he could reorder them
>Roommate says sure, but drops the fact that he's a lawyer and if he doesn't get the same price that was processed on his credit card he would see them in court.
>5 minutes later they "find" his order and give him his cards
>mfw watching this whole thing.

How'd you do it?

I had a guy pop Mixxet Mastery in Kess Storm and he popped a Decree of Pain to get his Storm count up and drew about 25 cards, then when he dropped Grapeshot and Tendrils of Agony the rest of us made him deck himself before getting btfo.

>an opponent controls

Game Knights is the most polished product, but at the same time it feels fake as fuck and the decks they play are boring. The girl they bring all the time is cute, though.

Commander VS is the complete opposite, it's sincere to a fault: tons of misplays, 30 years to get anything going, any given episode can end up with one guy stomping everyone else with no one being able to do anything about it. It's pretty fun, and they put out a lot more content, but they can be a slog to get through.

MTG Mustaddah is best if you want straight edh gameplay with absolutely nothing else.

Kaalia's ability can't put in avatar of slaughter because he's not an angel, demon, or dragon. If you got him into the battlefield with some other means, then it's too late to declare any other attackers.

>made him deck himself before getting btfo
If a player loses, his (Grapeshot) triggers on the stack get exiled btw.

No other creatures would have to attack due to Kaalia's ability triggering after she's declared attacking, which only happens once per combat.

He brought himself down to 2 life off Ad Naus and made the enormous mistake of casting the Reservoir first. I dropped a Silence in response, let the stack resolve then killed him with a Lightning Bolt.

Always pack the Bolt, boys.

Yeah that's why we didn't fucking die too the storm count was like 38 and 39 respectively.

>killing someone with Bolt
My Burn organ throbs. my cock of course

>MTG Mustaddah is best if you want straight edh gameplay with absolutely nothing else.
But you barely get the gameplay on that channel. He basically just gives a quick synopsis of what happened. Plus his voice is kind of annoying, but that's not too big of a deal.

>
Wow huge oversight on my tables fought. We played last week with 2 friends who had never played EDH so we let one use an unedited Kalia deck from the anthology box. When our friend put of Avatar we all just assumed it was a demon. Thanks for the rules clarification though.

>he enters
>kill your dude
>get a zombie
>sac the demon
>reanimate the demon
>he enters

Is that not how the card works?

>Yeah that's why we didn't fucking die too the storm count was like 38 and 39 respectively.
Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted "before getting BTFO" as "before we all died"

No problem, user. He does look like a demon.

Is this "your" as in on cards where the controller is "your" or "your" as in you are reanimating the demon and I am the "you".

So was unbanning Protean Hulk a good idea or a bad idea? I'm seeing some cEDH shitters cry about it lately but meanwhile my meta hasn't seen it since it's unbanning and I'm the only person building a deck with one in it and not for the usual combo shittery even though it's a Hapatra deck with combo shittery.

The latter.

I mean when people just use him for value, he's fine. It's kind of easy for it to just shit all over the table though. I personally don't think he needed to come off the list, but I can understand the other side's reasoning too.

What do you normally use him to tutor for in Hapatra?

You'll be using it for combo shittery in time

All magic players have awful voices.