/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-beast-players-guide-and-night-horrors-enemy-action/
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-wraith-the-oblivion-20th-anniversary-editio/posts/2110993
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/march-marches-on-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the best Pack Totem in WtA?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

repostan

I have Requiem questions, mostly about the Coils of the Ordo Dracul.

How does riding the wave of Frenzy work if you have both the fight style merits and the Coil of the Wyrm? Do you 'get back' Willpower points that you didn't actually spend, actually gaining Willpower for frenzying?

If a Nosferatu has more than two dots in the Coil of Ziva, does he count as having more dots in Humanity than he really does for purposes of interactions with humans? Can I roll up a Nosferatu socialite character, with a two dice bonus to social roles?

>WP that you didn't actually spend
Cannot be regained at the end of the scene, as per dot 4s description only WP SPEND WITH THE PUPOSE OF INITIATING THE WAVE is recovered. If none is spend to initiate the wave (as per coil of the wyrm 3), then none is recovered.

So, bad combo those two - ironically

So, apparently Moses was a Hero back before Heroes became modern day murderhobos.

>Can I roll up a Nosferatu socialite character, with a two dice bonus to social roles?
Yes. But you'll need two more coil dots than other vampires of comparative humanity would need.

So, no: you can't roll such a character up, as a starting character has access to only 1 dot of coils at most.

>666

Nephandic trips.

> Can I roll up a Nosferatu socialite character, with a two dice bonus to social roles?

Seems fine to me. Worst case scenario, houserule it to suppress their curse for the duration.

+2 isn't a bad deal and Nossies already tend to lean hard on Presence for Nightmare. I see no problem.

Also thanks for pointing this out, otherwise I would never notice the kick ass Scales of Ziva.

>eat all the souls
>gain all the humanity
>never develop your clan curse (unless you want to cuz you're a Nosferatu)

Aww eah, love how Requiem pires are finally getting their own THIS ONE WEIRD TRICKS

Christ, why? Heroes can't even do... any of that shit. That's about as dumb as Arthur being a Ventrue.

Even a vamp would fit better with Theban Sorcery.

>not having Moses be a Master of Fate

>unscheduled solar eclipses

mages and move the fucking sun now?

More like they move the moon

Yes

Yeah, the spell it utterly retarded.

Master level spells aren't supposed to make sense.

Mummy kind of implies a Mummy was doing the miracles. In the Bible Moses didn't do anything but lead, deliver God's commands, and turn a stick into a snake I guess. Everything else was God.

One can say ES Unmaking cheese etc. is bad or whatever, but "mages can blow up whoever" is something that sorta makes sense, Fate unironically activates the almonds.

>can stab a werewolf with a stick and call it silver
>finds a master of whatever arcana he needs to help him wherever
>can start earthquakes, not quite but similar to how Forces 5 can do it, and plagues, not quite but similar to how Life 5 can do it, at least tiltwise, at Fate 3
>can manipulate Fate to make someone break his arms, gouge out his eyes, go insane, get poisoned, and all other Evil Oscar effects all at once

Don't forget that fate can add/remove supernatural merits

He does a lot of other bad ass shit, all kinds of magic and stuff, similar to but more powerful than what the Egyptian magicians do. He was also tutored in the ways of Egyptian sorcery, according to the Bible.

One of the clearest examples of the modern concept of a mage/wizard type, up there with Merlin.

Mummy would also be acceptable.

Ah yes, one of the weirdest ones, right there.

>Spells aren't supposed to fit within the rules
Please, please never post again.

>a spell in the book violates the rules

It fits with the rules in a gamist sense but Fate is totally unclear as to what limits its supposed to have -- presumably nothing.

Should it be taken that they can grant the Destiny merit and other mage merits, btw? I can't tell. (Supernatural is a class of merits mortals can get, its not clear what exactly a mage merit is)

Historical magic was usually derived from outside sources. The "wizards" of Egypt that Moses faced were in fact priests of their faith. There was no notable distinction between them and Moses other than the scale of power they wielded.

>Should it be taken that they can grant the Destiny merit and other mage merits, btw?
As long as the subject is a mage, sure. They can give anyone the doom part of destiny though I think.

>The book is uniformly, and perfectly written

They can grant Destinies and Dooms to anyone, not just mages. Mage merits are Mage merits.

well
good to know I guess

>Hero Creation EX

>They can grant Destinies... to anyone, not just mages. Mage merits are Mage merits.

Destiny is a mage merit.

Reposting. In awakening 2e.

What arcana would I need to turn a dinosaur fossil into a 'living' creature under my control (preferably zombie but doesn't need to be)?

Ironically, as far as master effects go, this isn't TOO amazing -- it appears that the mage needs a totally different casting per each effect, and slowly buffing sleepers into sleepwalkers is not necessarily the best use of spell control slots. Simply a nice balanced use of Fate.

Time 4 to wind time on it back until when it was alive (if it ever were), Death 5 to Unmake its death.

Death 3. Or Matter 4.

Shit, you thought Coil of Zintra was THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK?

>Bleed the Sin
>prereq: CoZ 2
>Reduce the subject’s next Humanity, Integrity, or similar trait purchase by one Experience per dot of the vampire’s Coil of Ziva.

well, by the time you can take it, that lets you let someone get free humanity, integrity, wisdom, etc.

Not sure if there are splats with integrity stats that cost 3-5 xp, but even then, it would get it for free.

What's exactly going to be in this mage faq you guys keep talking about?

That's real interesting, but if it was your game, you were the ST, what would you say to a player who wanted to do that, to get up to humanity/wisdom/clarity 10 and stay there at no cost?

Undiluted, unfiltered Supernal Truth that will cause you to either awaken or retroactively cease to exist.

From a Mage perspective that doesn't seem very good. Maybe good to pretend you're a particularly wise mage, but not much. A Wisdom 10 mage sounds horribly boring. "I could use telekinesis to move my couch, but I'm too wise to do so. derp"

Almost the same as how I'd feel about someone trying to use ES to ignore Withstand, etc.

But less so, because while Withstand could have been nice and theoretically had a point, Humanity nonsense never ceases to strike me as anything but, at best, irritating.

I only said mage because I was curious as to what splat they were thinkiing of that had integrityishness costing 3-5+ xp.

But that does give me a hilarious idea for a mage NPC... and my players ARE seeking one out.

Either one is fine.

Where the fuck is enemy action

If you got Enemy Action, I'm not gonna beg for you to produce it (though it'd be nice).

All I want is the briefest of summaries on whether there exist new Cryptid powers (aka Adaptations), whether there exist new numinas (presumably for angels) and whether it provides some kind of mechanical oompf for demon cults.

tl;dr I'm trying to just figure out whether it got crunchy antag/creature stuff or not. Can't seem to find any straight answers

QUICK QUESTION
Are major templates sleepwalkers in nwod?
I can't tell if sleepwalker stuff is based off them being proto-mages or simply not having a sympathetic abyss link

They are.

Question. Could an Archmage give himself Disciplines, Gifts and other supernatural abilities, possibly make them stronger? Or is template manipulation strictly external?

Practice of Entities can do whatever you want, given sufficient arcane experience and appropriate Quintessence. You may not like the cost the ST assigns, obviously, but since even a fucking vampire can get shadow gifts, primal urge, or a limited selection of compelling, knowing, unveiling, ruling, shielding, veiling, fraying, perfecting, or weaving, there's no reason that a frikkin archmage couldn't return the favor. Just keep it somewhat tasteful, ie not Forces 9 meme levels of retardation.

While we're on topic, depending on how you interpret the Possessed condition, Mind 5 may let a mage combine his spells with a supernatural host's, owod Wraith's Medicinal Arts style! Check for yourself and see whether you'd agree.

Archmasters can potentially emulate anything.

Turn your Chantry into a not!Arcadia and become your own "True Fae" was something brought up a while ago.

I wouldn't run Possession any other way. You're hijacking that monster's body, its supernatural abilities aren't going to go away just from some psychic rape.

>Playing in a Demon: The Fallen Game
>Party' walking along
>Devil is talking with my character's human half (he agreed to be possessed, so there are two people in there)
>Human is worried about a mission, thinking shit's suspicious
>Devil casually says the following: "Well. Our human hosts can die, but we cannot."
>Human provides a not-so-friendly reminder that HE'S human
>Devil responds with the following: "Did I mention the part that I don't give a shit about you? [ANGEL NAME] is the only reason you even register on my radar."
>Human responded with the following: "Well then how about this: you can go FUCK yourself with a holy water-drenched NAILBAT and go BACK TO HELL, you god-damned mother-fucking waste of space!"
>Devil mocks human
>Human rolls willpower to resist the urge to shoot the devil
>Human succeeds and storms off
>Human now refuses to go on the mission they were talking about in the first place because he doesn't trust devil to have his back

Did I handle this reasonably? I feel like everything was justifiable in-character and the GM seemed okay with it, but should I have compromised on that to avoid party conflict?

if that is a pdf copy 99% chances are its pre-errata and therefore fucking wrong....

Where is that faggot who was at work but promised to post BPG when he got home.
Fucking liar.

Nope that is 2e

Yep i know. Swarm of locusts want even changed. Chaos Mastery was.

But most of the time people are reading the non -errated pirate copy.

The copy in the MEGA is errated

>How do i get drivethru to download the update.......

fucking pirate!!

>>Human rolls willpower to resist the urge to shoot the devil
Did.. did your GM make you roll to resist suicide?

Reasonable response. The fallen don't really develop emotions for humans like vampires or werewolves might, though they can, so it'll lead to a redemption response for the devil.

Arrrr

>if that is a pdf copy 99% chances are its pre-errata and therefore fucking wrong....

That's the issue with a lot of the v20 books in the mega.

How would we fix it? Who owns that mega drive?

Are there any good stories about Vampire from a human perspective? Requiem or Masquerade, I'm not picky. I read through the stuff of Clanbook - Daeva, that one guy who got his life fucked up sideways when he got involved with a Daeva and then dedicated the rest of his life to finding that one specific vampire (he doesn't really clarify why, but given that he hasn't killed any vampire in his little chronicle, I think he just wants another go with her). Was a really neat story.

Also, any stories about vampires in a cyberpunk future would be welcome as well.

>Entropy 10
What can you do with Entropy 10?

See why kids love cinnamon toast crunch

Why is everything so terrible

>suicidefag shows up again
Don't you have any games going on, user?

Accidentally an entire universe, apparently.

The Unnamed is awesome.

At this point i dont care. Whatever problems people had or have have been long solved at their own tables by now.

Have you ever played a WoD ERP, or a game with such "mature themes" it may as well be one? How was it?

There has to be some generous Anons who'll share Enemy Action and the Beast Player's Guide?

has anyone read the HtR novels?
are they worth reading?

Have you not read these threads?
Every fucking one is ERP shit to some faggot.

>implying the books aren't setting it up

Pathetic. Just put a regular Tzimisce in there and she'll be nothing but flesh stretched over some couch.

>Implying vicissitude by RAW actually lets you do that

How to ERP in WoD, a quick guide:

>oWoD
Vampire: Mind controlling Toreador/Ventrue, messed up body horror with Baali
Werewolf: Yiffyiffyiffyiffyiff
Mage: Ecstatics do their regular sex, drugs and rock & roll thing, or maybe a cute Hollow One girl can cast magic through sex.
Wraith: Remember that Patrock Sayze movie, Ghost? It's like that.
Changeling: Get humped by a drunk Satyr.
Hunter: Messed up Wayward rapes monsters to death.
Mummy: Ha ha good luck finding someone to play Mummy with.
Demon: Defiler makes a pact with you to turn you into a sex fiend, but you need to do some messed up things to keep your powers.

>nWoD
Vampire: You're a touchstone to a Daeva who's obsessed with you. Or you use your powers to kickstart orgies.
Werewolf: The entire metaplot of the game went tits up when a woman was deprived of thick long wolfcock, so it's a magical realm through and through.
Mage: Mastigos mind control, or maybe a Thrysus alters your shape of makes you have sex with animals. Or someone takes "left-handed path" in a whole new direction.
Promethean: Aurum Galateid falls in love with you, but you're turned into a possessive and controlling monster.
Changeling: You were turned into a True Fae's favorite onahole. And he wants you back.
Hunter: Help the Ashwood Abbey catch monsters to rape to death, or Cheiron gives you the cock and balls of a monster for a laugh.
Geist: Celebrant with the Passion key turns life into an orgy.
Mummy: Love story between a Mummy and his Sadikh. Hope you like having sex with beef jerky.
Demon: Tempter seeks to make the most out of live, thinking he lives in hell on Earth already.
Beast: You're a sexual predator.
Deviant: Work out the stress of being on the run from an evil organization by boning your buddies.

And that doesn't even cover all the options or the smaller slats.

You forgot Innocents :^)

>Purified: Use your powers to haul sex ghosts out of nowhere, fuck until you die (on a locus, so it feeds the thing), resurrect, repeat.

Innocents: Your parents explain the bees and the birds to you. You'd rather have faced the monsters than gone through this.

Well then...

>Immortals
Blood Bather: You'll be sailing the proverbial red river.
Body Thieves: Steal a dude's body, fuck his girl, fuck her sister, fuck her best friend, fuck his mom, fuck his aunt, then move on to a new body.
Visitor: You'll be urged to fuck a girl so that the parasite in your head can fuck the parasite in her head.
Patchwork Person: Find yourself the biggest dick in the world and transplant it onto your body.
Warden: A terribly lonely girl who has to hang out in one place all the the time is easy to seduce.
Reborn: That sweet, innocent girl you met has fucked hundreds of dudes over the course of her lifetimes. You're just a number.
Eternal: She might look like a sweet, slightly older woman but she's one of the world's most experienced semen demons.
Harvesters: The woman you just seduced in an attempt to feed on is actually nine times older than you, and she just stabbed you in the dick.

>Hurt Locker
Atariya: You always get into life-threatening situations that you barely escape with your life. At least you get laid afterwards.
Dreamer: You wake up one day to the news that some guy had a threesome with the First Lady and Kim Yo-jong, which seems very familiar to you somehow.
Infected: You have a bizarre STD that only gets better if you fuck someone in the right locale.
The Plain: If your enemies gangrape you, you win.
Lost Boy: You never asked for this, but at least your penis is augmented.
Psychic Vampire: Your kiss will leave her breathless and makes you smooth enough to convince her to suck something of yours.

>Misc
Possessed (Inferno): There's a semen demon living inside your head, and if you don't have enough sex she forces you to suck dick at the glory hole all night long.
Witch (Witch Finders): What's more important: not being a sex slave or a DOT of Willpower?
Genius: Make sex bots for science!
Skin Changer: Yiffyiffyiffyiffyiff
Dude of Legend: You're a lesbian school girl ninja stripper. Sweet.

>Witch (Witch Finders): What's more important: not being a sex slave or a DOT of Willpower?

Can you bind a Spirit and force them to be your sex slave?

>Sex spirits in general

If you choose right, you might not have to force them at all, because everything you would want to do with it will already be a part of the Spirit's nature. Or make one. Spirit Arcanum for the win!

Mage Privilege means that you can do the same with the Goetia of the Ultimate Waifu, Ghosts like the needy one in the Book of the Dead, or you can even get yourself the Perfect Supernal Waifu of your Path.

Which Path and Arcanum makes for the best Supernal Waifus, Veeky Forums?

You want Lilith. She's Prime. I mean, you might catch fire, but who cares?

Or possibly the old man, if elderly indians are your thing. Voormas knows his shit.

Fate will let you meet your perfect waifu and have her fall in love with you.

exactly. so if a vamp can get level 3 mage powers and most were powers, and a mind master can get monster powers thereby, archmages should be a little better at it.

What a CUNT. I'd already not trust demons too much, because... yeah.

I think it was a human ally. But demons don't have an excuse to be cuntish

Do we even know something beyond a single small paragraph about Lilith and the other Aeons, besides Mordred, Dahhak and the Old Man?

My hope is that there will be more about the individual less developed Aeons in SoS.

>touchstone

weirdly, I noticed one book (not core) says that if a touchstone finds out you're a vampire, you lose it... but even a house or a ghoul can be a touchstone, so I don't get it.

No. Never been anything printed. The most we know is actually about the Old Man, and that's thanks to his section about people who go to bargain for the Baali Diadem from him.

And that he's a Voormas expy. Or possibly Voormas himself.

I doubt we'll see more about the Aeons in SoS. However, it's an appropriate topic for Fallen Worlds which will presumably include the Astral.

Sadly, SoS is still in "development," and the next supplement is Tome of the Pentacle, which hasn't even entered the first draft stage, followed by Fallen Worlds.

At this pace, *maybe* your great-grandchildren might see the release of Fallen Worlds.

>share Enemy Action and the Beast Player's Guide?

>Obligatory Begging!

"Away with you, beggar!"

My fav for vamps and created is *making* one to be a sex slave.

For ndemons, an actually VERY powerful trick is plain "bam, I am your gf/husband/etc and always was." Or even your little sister, etc.

Unless they're a demon, no chance to resist it.

He did nothing, it was god that did it

Ah, I was talking about the Bible, not silly after the fact historical revisionism. Sorry.

The Unnamed was a littile bitch to cthonic entities that existed outside of Creation; they literally Awakened and empowered the Unnamed just so he could work on an aeon-long long plan to summon them into Creation... just because they wanted to experience what "to exist" felt like

And yet he still broke all of creation over his knee. I'd be hesitant to call them cthonic entities, but I think that's more of a semantics game.

cthonic entities? Celestines?