How do you stop crazy individuals from crashing their ship against a big space station of thousands of people and...

How do you stop crazy individuals from crashing their ship against a big space station of thousands of people and causing a Kessler syndrome? How do you do it in the case of K2 civilizations were they are dealing with such high energies that a ship doubles as a RKV and whose impact can easily cause a massive extinction event on a planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HkU85zKxK-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you just quietly ignore it but subtly mention a system in place to prevent players from doing it. Like, mention that ships going over a certain speed trigger automatic defense intercept warnings.

>How do you stop crazy individuals from crashing their ship against a big space station of thousands of people and causing a Kessler syndrome? How do you do it in the case of K2 civilizations were they are dealing with such high energies that a ship doubles as a RKV and whose impact can easily cause a massive extinction event on a planet?

Magnets.
Unironically.

this guy's recent video does a good job of addressing these issues
youtube.com/watch?v=HkU85zKxK-s
skip to about 19 min in

Hivemind.

>How do you prevent missiles from crashing into airports and destroying all the jets?
>How do you prevent airplanes full of fuel being used as rams to destroy skyscrapers?
>How do you prevent terrorists from using a dirty nuke to irradiate a megacity of tens of millions?

How do you prevent crazy individuals from crashing oil tankers into shipping facilities with thousands of people and destroying millions of dollars worth of infrastructure?

Seriously, someone answer this. I don't know.

>How do you prevent airplanes full of fuel being used as rams to destroy skyscrapers?

Easy, make the support beams out of something (say steel) that has a higher melting point than the temperature that the fuel (presumably jet fuel) burns at.

Easy; tankers are too big to hit most facilities and would run aground first, second some one crazy enough to do this would have to overpower the entire crew to do this.

There's a difference between melting temperature and forging temperature, yes it is true that jet fuel can't melt steel beams, but it can certainly burn it hot enough to make it lose it's structural strength.

Speed limits.

Well, no.

Deepwater ports are built to accommodate supertankers. If one exploded at berth it would contaminate the area for months if not years, disrupting energy, food and logistic chains across the continent.

The crew numbers are tiny as these ships are mostly automated. Even Somali peasant pirates have overpowered them before.

Yes, gangs of somali peasant pirates with weaponry passing through remote waters. Not close up to massive ports near military and police response teams and coast guard supervisions

And deepwater ports don't let the tanker actually reach the port itself; rather there are long jetties because unless you're servicing the tanker itself, it makes no sense to bring it close to land and have to dredge out the port; cheaper to built the jetty and pump. Sure, it could damage these jetties, but not the port itself.

A burning supertanker could make an area 100 km sq uninhabitable. It doesn't have to get within 10m of its target to be effective. A team of terrorists could be easily trained to impersonate the real sailors manning the vessel just long enough to get close to their target. This wouldn't trigger any coast guard/police/military response, certainly not quickly enough to make any difference.

>I don't know.

You're not supposed to know. If you knew, lots of other people would know too and then the people who want to "crash" oil tankers could more easily plan how to do just that.

“How do you stop people from taking down the power grid in every major city simultaneously with days worth of work required to get it back up?”
“How do you stop people from blowing up the six bridges across the Mississippi that carry half the freight traffic of the nation, requiring years of rebuilding?”

The answer to both is “Pray, day and night, that people are too stupid to realize we have absolutely no security in place for this whatsoever.”

>some guy makes an obvious joke
>some retard ALWAYS has to comment something like this
yeah, he knows, thats why he made the fucking joke in the first place
this sort of people almost make me think that maybe the conspiratards are onto something
no way there is always this one passionate guy defending the official narrative.
it's unbelievable that so many people believe in the american government blindly, really, specially considering how much it would lie in the following years

>there's a dedicated Veeky Forums bot at the Pentagon that replies to jet fuel memes
Literally fund it

I unironically believe that either that or some undercover disinfo campaign.
It'd be impossible to track it down or come up with any believable evidence, since their goal isn't making people believe a lie about 9/11, it's actually making these people seem untrustworthy, creepy, crazy or worse.
I believe that they succeeded, since even if some of these crazy conspiracy guys actually had evidence, everyone would still think he is just retarded crazy old dude.
They could unearth anything and no one would ever trust them, simply because they dared to dedicate their lives to it.
It's the perfect plan and the perfect scenario for a government bent on erasing the past. And if they change the past, we won't be sure of whether the present is really what it seems. And with uncertainty now, comes a crippling fear of whats to come and the desire to preserve the status quo, since it might not be worth it to take the risk of changing how things work.
yeah I honestly believe at least some of this shit is real

Maybe that's the solution to OP's question too. Just pretend its taken care of and hope no one finds out it isn't.

You dont let individuals to have such toys. Only big organizations or governments should have them.

What I think is ridiculous is the image of Osama bin Laden as "some guy in a cave."

Nigga, we was a fucking multimillionaire who exploited pashtun tradition and the radical islamization of the Pakistani intelligence service to hide in what was basically plain fucking sight.

Hello motherfuckers, is it so hard to understand that this legit son of a billionaire who spent ten years on the battlefield and had personal access to the al Saud family can organize a piss up in a bar and get some assholes to fly some planes into some buildings?

Remote Control and hacking.
Ships like this will be controlled by computers and computers can be remote controlled. Make it so that it is very hard to even attempt to remove the remote control feautre and that the ship starts sending warning messages if it is. This makes turning your ship into an instant RKV very hard and actual attempts rare enough that you can either dismiss them in your story or use it as a dramatic event that needs to be stopped otherwise.

I feel like SFIA is responsible for a lot of recent Veeky Forums material about megastructures, orbital infrastructure, and space stuff in general. I can't be the only fa/tg/uy to have found Isaac Arthur last year.

And don't forget that he, and his organization, were trained by the fucking CIA to fight the commies.

but how do they work?

Can confirm.

I can't get over his fucking accent.

Speech impediment.

Strict interception grid with lasers and railguns, anything coming in going fast that doesn't slow down when requested gets blasted.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the more easily debunked ideas weren't planted by the government to tainted by association some of the harder to falsify ideas (e.g. that the Bush administration knew an attack was coming and chose not to act to provide themselves with casus belli for foreign interventions they were already planning.) Regardless of what the truth might be

This is a falsehood. Neither Osama bin Laden nor anyone in al Qaeda ever worked with or for the Americans. In fact he made his name by never taking any money or help from anyone who wasn't a Muslim brother. You are thinking of Shah Masoud and/or the Al Haq brothers, who lead factions in the Afghani civil war. Bin Laden also never really "fought" in Afghanistan in the 1980s; he visited there but al Qaeda wasn't formed until the 1990s after the Soviets had left.