ITT:tell me about your edgelord faction in your medieval fantasy setting

>Race of violent Northmen who are slavishly devoted to a faceless death goddess called the Fallen Angel
>Ritual murder by crucifixion is key to worshipping her
>Her clerics are masters of necromancy and other dark magics
>One player carried around a totem which was an angel-shaped container with chunks of human flesh inside

Bump

>race of tall hobgoblins who in actuality are dark elves who were exiled along with the sea elves from the floating elven homeland because they are seen as abominations by the elven gods.

>they torture themselves and absorb dark magic to suppress "The Flaw" a mental curse that's basically autism.

>they were once an innocent and naive race but started to become more spiteful and sadistic due to their experiences and effects of dark magic.

>they usually raid cities of Not! Tsarist Russia in an attempt to become a powerful empire but when hordes of satyr's attacked the continent they had to ally with the empire they tried to conquer or else they will be assraped by demons.

>they are seen by most races as tryhard emos who do unholy acts for mere infamy but the only act the other races see as legit atrocity is torturing their children to suppress the so called "Flaw"

>they are described as having red eyes, gray skin and having fangs of a wolf and with the consumption of dark magic they started to look more orcish by the generation.

in short they are wannabe edgelords with autism

>Basically just Dark Eldar from 40k
>minus having to do it to stave off Slaneesh
>They're really just total dicks

>dark elves
>roman empire if they were more dickish
>worship "the night court" after the elvish pantheons civil war
>tried to conquer the world- succeeded for the most part (for a while)
>militaristic
>socially value accomplishment and personal success, the weak are to be trampled by the strong- that is the right way of things
>slavers
>fond of blood sports
>cultural practice of "the wild hunt", where a dark elf has to go and kill something impressive to become an adult

theyre getting "better" -slavery is becoming less common and the wild hunt is being changed to also include other "impressive" feats like saving people and stuff- but theyre basically dark elves rome if through the lense of libertarianism

Have you people been indocrinated with memes since birth? Holy fucking shit.

Can you explain?

The dark elves are infamous for their handwriting because it was mistaken as an unknown language but in reality it is badly written elven

explain your spergery

Probably hates dark elves

why? dark elves allow you to do elves properly without having to worry about them becoming the "protagonist race" instead of humans- since they are antagonists and can be balanced without making them weaker

Im not that replier i said that because the replies he quoted were mostly dark elves

I know (or rather I guessed you werent)

im just wondering

Nah nah nah. I think he's talking about some sort of memetic gestalt.

He might be triggered about the autistic dark elves

The faction is based off of the "Order of the Kites" outlined in "A Single Small Cut" a Lamentations of the Flame princess module. I basically flavored them as a fractured order, that basically exists throughout the land as nothing more than mercenaries obsessed with magical artifacts and wiping out paganism. The range of them can go from really weird and foreboding foe, to a group that could be a generally useful source of information and magical items.

The edgelord faction is most likely the retinue of the "Crow Knight" who wears armor resembling that of a crow, and caws and coos in normal speech, almost unnoticeably. His men are a group of jackboot thugs who basically go around stealing magic shit and burning people at the stake for "paganism"

The first one (); I'll admit is really dumb, especially with the autism thing.

I don't think the second one ();
is that bad, It's sort of "Neo-classical" adjacent, and a culmination of a few cultures + dark elves.

What a fucking waste of trips

What's a trip

my idea was for them to be the opposite of the high elves

the high elves in my setting are all about that "greater good" and collectivism

so the dark elves had to be about individualism

I dont know what term they would use for mental disorders in medieval times so i just made them autistic

if only they could get their vcr repaired

>VCR
what?

Lunatic or possessed.

is this an /osrg/-discord reference?

That sounds really unimaginative man, you should probably look into it. they generally had the same mental disorders that we have. (there are even cave-paintings that hint towards anxiety, depression, etc.)

Also, slapping autism into a medieval setting is sort of immersion breaking to me. Even though yeah, they had versions of similar swears, but if I heard some knight call someone a "Motherfucker" it'd certainly feel out of place. Basically as said, you could treat basically any current mental disorder as "posessed" or "crazy" blanketly, but there aren't that many nuanced explanations of mental health in medieval times that would have been paid attention to.

>Moon Elves who've made an exodus to the moon long ago due to believing themselves too divine and beautiful to be on the same level as the "lesser" races.
>Regularly start wars and attempt genocides, regularly using orbital bombardment (usually to no avail due to powerful sorceries shielding the planet below)

Mongolians but also devil worshippers.
The previous edgelord culture, full of evil dragonborn and drow, had a revolution because being in an edgelord culture actually sucks and people weren't willing to take that shit anymore.

>world is a song being sang by the gods (who are 8 children), original world is a whimsical fairytail-ish setting ala Peter Pan or Narnia that the 8 god children leap into to have adventures
>people inside the song realise that they're characters in a story
>then they realise they can sing over the original lyrics and change the song
>whoever is loudest gets to determine what reality is
>now everyone is trying to write themselves into something that can sing louder, the losers start evacuating the cities to live in the countryside where it's quiet
>some people start writing stories within the story in the form of books that they then escape into. These book-worlds are pocket dimensions that can be written on anything, but paper is the worst (but easiest and fastest) followed by writing on metal followed by writing into bone. The more important the person was to the story, the more powerful the pocket dimension created out of their bones will be since you're co-opting their narrativistic potential
>by this point everyone left in the song is a mutant, the "people" living in the cities are the most-est mutant having long since transformed into eldritch monstrosities whose humanity was stripped away several hundred mutations ago
>closest thing remaining to a pure human are elves, who have only mutated their ears to be better at hearing and thus singing (this made their ears pointy for some raisin). They did this so they could combat the super mutants who now decide what reality is
>the elves get the skellington of one of the now dead god children, and write a retcon of reality into his skull using narrativistic trickery that sets rules on how magic works - you now have to speak specific words to cast a spell, you can't freestyle
>the old humans living in the cities are butt-hurt that they can't skull-fuck reality anymore and send endless waves of monsters towards the elves to destroy the god-skull and resume their cheap cthulhu-knockoff edgelording

>Mathematician Guild
>Constantly looking for different types of shapes
>Competition on who can find shapes with the most edges
>The weekly winner of this competition is the "edgelord"
What, wrong kind of edgy?

GM here, here's an edgemaster from the end of one if my homebrew settings.

The Revenant.

When Lorn succeeds in her mission to rip the divide between the Nine Hells and the Mortal Plane, all life teeters on the brink of extinction. A hero emerges, cutting a swath through the ranks of the demon horde, aided by an elven priestess and her attendants.

He falls in battle after being separated from the priestess and witnessing her attendants get torn apart by a horde of skeletons, but as the priestess finds him, he mysteriously rises.

It's found out later she is behind the whole demon invasion, trying to force her way into the Highest Plane and kill the Slumbering Goddess. She's the god's evil sister in disguise, and she slays the hero once more. However she's taken by surprise when she, about to stab the Goddess, is grabbed by the hair and thrown back through the portal, it slamming shut behind her. The Hero, reborn as a revenant makes a wish to erase the knowledge of magic from the world as a price to vanquish the demons. This act also seals the other planes behind the demonic energies left after the vanquishing.
The Revenant is propelled by an urge to keep humanity from discovering magicthe, and to keep the knowledge of planes sealed. When he's released from the Highest Plane he goes on a murdering spree of any and all magic users.

>mercenary company
>all human
>sees other races as inferior
>sees half races as abominations
>hates race mixing
>ruthless
>burned an entire town to the ground to prevent an enemy army from advancing
>called the Brotherhood of Blood

is that even that noteworthy?

you're either baiting, or new. either way you should kys