What are some Veeky Forums approved movies aside from The Princess Bride and Conan the Barbarian?

What are some Veeky Forums approved movies aside from The Princess Bride and Conan the Barbarian?

Attached: theprincessbride.jpg (1600x871, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_movies
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9bny88OuY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do I even need to say it's name? Hell I could just put one quote and the entire rest of this thread would be derailed with follow up quotes

Hell even if I don't it's only gonna be a few more posts until someone else does and the thread derails from there

Attached: coconuts.jpg (256x256, 12K)

13th Warrior
Event Horizon
The Fall
Hard Candy

Army of Darkness, Dune, The Road Warrior.

Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
The Secret of NIMH
The Rankin & Bass Hobbit
Blade Runner

Attached: Labyrinth still.png (483x320, 341K)

Hmmm, what about Fantaghirò series?

Reddit: The Movie

1d4chan.org/wiki/Approved_movies

I personally recommend:

>Space Adventure Cobra
>Stargazer
>Ralph Bakshi's Wizards
>Heavy Metal

Attached: !starchaser legend of orin it's a butt job.gif (367x158, 1.64M)

Eat shit

Go to wank to capeshit

You must be over the age of 18 to post on this website.

Fire and Ice

Hercules
The Last Witchhunter

are pretty meh, but they're fun fantasy romps.

47 Ronin
7 samurai
A knights tale
Kingdom of heaven
Excalibur
Gladiator
Labriyinth
The dark crystal
Willow
The man in the iron mask
Robin hood prince of thieves
Time bandits
Chronicles of Riddock
Season of the witch

13 Assassins > 47 Ronin

Hard Candy? Hard fucking Candy? I'm not gonna say it's not a good movie, but how on earth is Hard Candy Veeky Forums related? Is it because it's about a pedophile and a loli serial killer?

Attached: Hard-Candy[1].jpg (600x300, 91K)

gandahar even though it's a bit out there

Attached: gandahar.jpg (315x445, 43K)

A Knight's Tale
The Dark City
Space Jam

Recently added this old classic to my collection.
Also:
Krull
Dragonslayer
Flesh+Blood
Ladyhawke

Attached: Hawk-Slayer.jpg (330x471, 38K)

With Fire and Sword
Ralph Bakshi's Wizards

Also this

Favorite fantasy:
>Fantastic Planet
>Excalibur
>13th Warrior
>Black Angel
>Fire and Ice
>Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit (LOTR is better)
>The Man From Earth
>Wizards
>Clash of the Titans (original)

Favorite Sci-fi
>Pitch Black
>Blade Runner
>Total Recall
>Predator

Favorite Noir:
>The Big Sleep (especially the book)
>The Blowout

Literally Veeky Forums:
>Clue
>Dungeons and Dragons 2 Wrath of the Dragon God
>The Dragon Strike tapes
>Jumanji
>The Wild Hunt
>Mazes and Monsters
>Dark Dungeons

Comedy:
>The History of the World, Part 1
>Monty Python
>Ronal the Barbarian

Shitty but enjoyable in a b-movie kind of way:
>Yor, the hunter from the future
>Double Down (Super fan cut for best cyberpunk experience)
>300
>Ironclad
>A Field in England
>Valhalla Rising

Drive
Cross of Iron
Rashomon
Dragonheart

Definitely on the list as well as anything made by Ray Harryhausen.

Attached: Golden-Voyage-of-Sinbad.jpg (1920x1244, 454K)

Pirates of the Caribbean.

Attached: Pirates+of+the+caribbean+explained+pirates+of+the+caribbean+explained_911adb_5824429.jpg (780x518, 77K)

>the chad 4chanster
>has never watched a film in his life
>believes the big bang theory is the pinnacle of comedy
>labels media he dislikes as "reddit", even if it predates the site by 30 years

When you get down to it, most good high concept sci-fi/fantasy.

>>The Dragon Strike tapes
That tape is unironically a good primer for tabletop RPGs.

Flight of fuckin' Dragons

Attached: o6r-b.jpg (711x540, 350K)

Wow, dat edge tho.

>Everything that people like is reddit

Oh fuck off

Stardust. Genuinely cute but intelligent fantasy film. Book is also good.

Yor, the Hunter from the Future is the greatest Veeky Forums movie ever made. It feels like a shitty high school campaign, complete with rocking custom theme song and retarded plot. It's a glorious mess and more people need to watch it.

Attached: Yor the hunter from the future.jpg (750x380, 97K)

Attached: bait.png (512x384, 18K)

>The Dragon Strike tapes
Was there more than one?

Treasure Planet
Titan AE
Jumanji
The Wild Hunt
Dog Soldiers
The Relic
Event Horizon

robocop
starship troopers
aliens
dredd

bit obvious, but someone's got to say 'em

The Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires
Big Trouble in Little China
The Mummy (not the Cruise one)

If that shit ain’t tg, I don’t know what is.

Zero Charisma. It's okay but very relatable.

To me it really feels like a campaign, complete with the players cracking tons of jokes despite the GM's intended tone in some places and having to wrangle the party together when they made characters who have very little reason to team up.

Attached: thorINTP3.jpg (640x360, 50K)

When I read season of the witch at first I thought halloween III.

I also thought that movie was faggotry. Probably a meme to like it at this point but it was pretty shit asides from the costumes.

The Flying Circus was never funny. Ever.

Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well, old friend, and then farewell.

Attached: flightofdragons-debt.webm (630x480, 2.78M)

>Blade with whom I have lived
wtf I love paladins now

Watch the final showdown, it's the most fedora thing you'll ever see. It's glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9bny88OuY

What about this one?

Attached: MV5BYzNkMjZmMGItY2YzMC00ZGY5LWFlOTktOTg4NTNiOTQ2NWFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 19K)

>Time bandits
Came here to post this

>I am the world! And the world...is..Omadon.
Thats a pretty fucking cool line

So fucking good.

> And for all those ladies to whom I am indebted for half a ton of frilly silk and lacy linen... don't catch cold! Au revoir!

If you want some more good shitty b-movies I'd recommend the Deathstalker series. They're so shoddily made they rip both plotlines and even scenes from previous movies, and the main character is radically different each time despite supposedly being the same dude. I'd watch them all in order even though two is probably the best.

Also Ator the Conqueror is worth watching just for the hang gliding scene.

It also got a Bluray release fairly recently if that's your thing.

That movie is boring and unfunny

shit I think you might be a retard

Gentlemen.

Attached: Heavy.Metal.2000.640.25fps.1019kbps.v5.WunDeeSee.avi_snapshot_00.41.22_[2017.10.29_02.39.32].jpg (640x336, 38K)

>Labyrinth

And Labyrinth Returns.

Attached: labyrinth returns.jpg (678x960, 56K)

No.

Pic Related is also very good if you don't mind some meta jokes, heavy comedy and it being a musical.

Attached: 64a9eee848691cec57f0dd01534bd4f8--king-richard-one-kings.jpg (736x981, 118K)

It's literally a high-level D&D campaign. Same with GotG.

I don't get the joke. Or the name of this movie.

holy smokes you weren't kidding. I get the moral and all, but honestly that came off more as pretentious than meaningful. There's something just a little mean spirited about writing a fantasy then having the ending basically just say "Fantasy is fucking stupid, and only losers indulge in it".
Of course, I should probably watch the rest of the movie before I go talking shit about it.

Galavant. It's a tv show, musical comedy with a lot of dumb jokes. Basic premise is that the evil king kidnaps the brave, world-renown hero's girlfriend, but turns out she's a major bitch who's bullying the evil king and the hero is still trying to win her back.

More or less.

Yeah if you watch the whole thing it's somewhat more nuanced, more a sense that to get free of the horrible nightmare superstitions of the past we have to be acknowledge reality over fantasy (which is really what us fedoras think too), even knowing we're giving something up with that, but MAN does it come off wrong in that clip.

I didn't know John Cleese browsed Veeky Forums.

The book is way better, the Dragon and the George. In that case he chooses to stay instead of going home to his equally uncertain future as a dropout student.

Streets of Fire

It is the perfect cberpunk adventure, just without any cyberware...

Rockergirl gets kidnapped by Boosterganger. Her ex, a Solo, gets called in to save her. Teams up with the Rockergirl's Corporate manager and an ex-military Techie to rescue her.

Yes
Fuck you

The Road to El Dorado
Akira
Jin Roh
Ghostbusters
Miami Connection
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Warriors

Show us the drunk's perspectives!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I am not exaggerating.

>Veeky Forums approved decided by and voted on by just me
The Princess Bride, Conan the Barbarian, The Mummy(1999), Scorpion King, Monthy Python and the Holy Grail, Star Wars A New Hope, Blade Runner, Dredd(2012), Interview with a vampire, Big Trouble in Little China, pirates of the caribbean, Stardust, Dragonheart, Merlin(mini series).
Lotr I guess.

Yes. Yes.

>Star Wars A New Hope
Why just A New Hope? Why not the rest of the trilogy?

>Babylon A.D.
you
fucking
>WOT
mate

Not sure it's needed

Willow is a kick ass Veeky Forums movie that is really worth a watch

Attached: Willow-1-.jpg (431x266, 63K)

Attached: FC7AED38-69FA-4248-BEF7-56D971F9B0B2.jpg (600x755, 56K)

Attached: 265471c623c986a69751779c3328db8c.jpg (400x309, 63K)

John Cleese voiced a flying book in some user's campaign awhile back. I think the book was like, a brothel merchant or something.

This.

Basically "that guy" the movie.

Attached: 81S-ONl2fbL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 38K)

Surprised no one has mentioned The Fifth Element yet. It's about how I'd expect a space opera campaign to go.

"13 Demons" on Netfix

>it's a really good game

>uncertain future
Not uncertain. The end of the book when they bring the dragon back to his body, he says he was in the guys body, he beat the shit of a professor when into the street attacked random people, fought the cops, and was in jail.
The guys future was pretty certain if he came back.

Attached: 1520547789887.jpg (249x249, 10K)

ah right, should've mentioned that in my tg approved list that I decided by myself

Dredd(2012)
I'm user and I too approve this selection. That was just a good movie. It didn't try any bullshit, It just showed how shit could go down in Megacity 1. It showed the (fictional) reality of it.
The hobo sitting in the blast door was told to move. He didn't. He was fine every other day, but that day the blast door came down, and he died.
ACTUAL SPOILER
The rogue Judges coming along showed that the judges aren't incorruptible either, they're not paragons, not all of them are like Dredd.
There was no bullshit feels philosophy in there either. The girl was an emotional foil to Dredd, and surprisingly she actually deferred to him properly as a superior, unlike a lot of recent fiction where the younger generation somehow knows better all the time.

Knights of Badassdom
The Barbarians
Serenity
Trolls
Sleeping Beauty

Do you mean the Forty-Seven Samurai, the excellent slow-burn jidaigeki film, or has there been yet another remake?

Dredd is one of the most well-executed adaptations of a comic book made recently. It conveys the majority of the feeling of the world right, captures the tone of the comics (at least the darker aspect), stays damn true to the characters where important while not getting hung up on their lesser aspects, and importantly, finds the time to also make a genuinely good movie that would stand up fine without the Dredd universe and characters.

I heard criticism that they took the large part of the plot from The Raid, but that's shit criticism. There's nothing wrong with copying things when you then apply a good and interesting twist to it to make it work in a new and good way.

The most clear failing of the movie is that it doesn't find the time to include the comedy aspects of the Dredd comics, but that's forgiveable to keep the clean tone and short run-time of the movie. They'd have probably fucked it up if they tried it.

Oh wow the one medieval theme movie that's explicitly not Veeky Forums-approved, good call.

>has there been yet another remake?
2013 starring Keanu Reeves.

>Character dies, everyone agrees to just ignore it and keep playing

Yeah, that's Veeky Forums alright.

You ever see something posted that was so wrong and vile that it just made you laugh?

I did.

Shit tier hate mate

This.

Galavant was too good for this world

Also Timothy Omundson's hair/beard combo is something I strive for

>Clash of the Titans (original)
Great taste user.

Attached: 110 (1).jpg (312x445, 68K)

The Last Witch Hunter is pretty good!
Rotten Tomatoes gave it like 17% but if you are into urban fantasy, it's a great little gem.
Fucking Vin Diesel, Michael Caine, Elijah Woods. Good watch.

Vampire Hunter D, both the older 1985 movie and Bloodlust from 2000, mostly because they're both great setting material/inspiration.

Attached: hunter_d.jpg (869x556, 140K)

A Better Tomorrow II, because it's full of absolutely glorious moments of PC logic and arguably THE greatest final gunfire of any movie ever

>47 Ronin
That one wir Keanu Reeves? But that one sucks.

>Thor
Devotion Paladin, Party face
>Loki
Arcane Trickster
>Valkyrie
Champion Fighter
>Hulk
Berserker Barbarian
>Heimdall
Divination Wizard/Bladesinger

It's a perfect 5 man party

Attached: 1516333068438.jpg (540x714, 105K)