Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2106: Jump Embargo Effective This Edition

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: tmp_12230-15207270953511899682377.pdf (PDF, 5.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=317&v=zhQx8PnzXXY
youtube.com/watch?v=5wC4EsQgJRQ
youtu.be/kjjTgz42Q9Q
youtu.be/2oi-8xl7uZs
youtu.be/Va31JGXUmkg
youtu.be/v-PEoU0FjzE
youtu.be/NTiaCV47-bw
youtu.be/HnpsG9Rh7Q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eh, I don't really see the point. Just seems like free points desu. If you hypothetically want to make that Jump I'd gladly put in a continuity drawback in The Mummy though, since I have zero interest in the spin-offs in doing anything with The Scorpion King myself.

Jumps are free points tho.

So everyone's got their alt-forms, but here's a question:

What does it actually look like when you change shape?

Attached: envy.jpg (749x424, 69K)

Thanks to that one perk from Inuyasha, it looks like a burst of flames.

So...who's ready to watch Mexico go up in flames on the 18th of March?

Attached: Mexico, 18th of March.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

I honestly don't see why I should care about what happens other than it potentially effecting the upcoming jump and/or my build.

Just let me know if U7 ends up getting erased or not.

Deus Vult.

End Bosses like that are why I take perks like Prosperity, Not War from Endless Legend or The UnChousin One from Tenchi Muyo. "Don't mind me, I'll just be over here with popcorn."

Because according to preview summaries, in the last two episodes after fully mastering UI and maybe surpassing even Beerus, Goku still eventually loses to Jiren. And it's heavily implied that FRIEZA of all people brings down a very exhausted Jiren

Basically Ultra Instinct is a meme, and you should save up for whatever Jiren perk lets you be stronger than time.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=317&v=zhQx8PnzXXY

Attached: DBS spoilers.png (899x745, 169K)

No one knows, by fiat I can only change forms off camera.
I most often do this during bathroom breaks as they are, for the most part, off camera.

Are they still on Namek?

The fighting arena in the world of void is basically the new Namek, so yes. Somehow despite occupying two 20 minute time slots, this tournament only has 1.5 minutes left to go.

Question guys, need your opinion.

I am planning on one of my companions Jumper servant build to have their noble phantasm be Plate Mail armor that increases Parameters based on how many allies are fighting with her.

At B Rank how much do you think it will buff her parameters when the True Name is unleashed and she is fighting with 11 other people?

Six, unless your question is rhetorical, then seven.

Like Envy's, actually. I like that "peeling away" look, and the electrical discharge that accompanies it is stylish. Of course, that's assuming I'm going for style in the first place, often I just shapechange without any fanfare, a direct morph.

How do you let someone know you're not interested?

Attached: c76d1b47120300ea6e49084596be9fc0e2b67a591603a8e233437a52aaea2951.jpg (832x782, 139K)

This is very true. One day they can be out hunting for ingredients for pudding, then suddenly an old evil is trying (and succeeding) to destroy their whole dimension, and then one defeated they go and play some MMORPGs or whatever.
Something along the lines of this.

Attached: Transformation.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

I have perks for that.

> Ultra Instinct is a meme.
I was just gonna buy Destroyer Ki anyway.

Doesn't really matter if I'm stronger, I figured it's just the easiest powerup because training is dull.
Also, it would be fun to hang out with Beerus and bug people for food.
Even though they run the joke into the fucking ground, I am continuously amused by his and Whis's fixation on food, just because it's so at odds with everyone else's screaming and numbers.

Thanks to that one perk from Power Rangers, it looks like a burst of electricity!

I always kindof imagined that when I actually used shapeshifting perks, though, it was kindof a cross between Beast Boy and Envy. Like, minor changes are just little sparks of electricity, whereas big sweeping changes look like I turned into silly putty for like half a second.

Attached: yande.re 22593.jpg (441x508, 68K)

>This is very true. One day they can be out hunting for ingredients for pudding, then suddenly an old evil is trying (and succeeding) to destroy their whole dimension, and then one defeated they go and play some MMORPGs or whatever.
I have never heard a more apt description for it's tone

A bolt of lightning strikes from above, there's a flash, and I'm in the next form.

My shadows cover me in a cocoon before bursting into my alt-form

People blink or light goes out for a second, and my shape has changed

Tell me about your containment breaches during your stay with the Foundation. Who did you liberated with you? What were the resulting damages? What measures were taken to prevent further incidents after your escape?

Attached: SCP containment failure scene.webm (1280x532, 2.19M)

They must have asked Frieza for help in time management.

That fightonly took a few chapters in the manga. Fights that are supposed to take only a few minutes never work well in long animes. Probably the whole tournament will took half the chapters in the manga.

To all Jump Makers, how do you motivate yourself to work on jumps?

I started trying to make a Baki the Grappler jump just for fun a few months ago but after getting the most basic skeleton done I sort of lost motivation, between that and real life stuff I haven't gotten any progress made on it except for a few notes and perks with only the most basic descriptions

I'm starting back on it now so I was wondering what the process is like for other jump makers

Before anyone asks no one had claimed this jump when I started working on it and I did comment that I was taking a crack at it

>To all Jump Makers

I just want jumpers to have big guns and make builds, also feedback from community helps

I usually have the motivation of the fact that the jumps I make are usually obscure or not very popular, so I know that if I don't make it, no-one else will. At that point, just viewing the source material again can give me motivation to work on it.

Attached: Think Progessively.png (540x304, 157K)

>gif
I was about to say
>using a gif from the original anime
But then I went and checked and it's actually from the remake. I'm honestly surprised the transformation quality fell in the remake, usually that's the one thing to go up.

>usually obscure or not very popular
Well I think that nails what I'm working on
>just viewing the source material again can give me motivation to work on it.
I am going back through the series for perk/item/drawback inspiration so that should help

How do you feel about jumps that offer things like power copying or perks that allow you to improve or "upgrade" your abilities? Is it in incredibly powergrabby, scumbaggy, shitty thing to do... or is it okay in some settings at an appropriate price?

Attached: tmp_12230-qicexrywb6sy62707762.jpg (794x1024, 83K)

Attached: 1509565133523.jpg (480x365, 29K)

Oh, the quality went up, but the only gif quality I can find is terrible. Most of the transformation scenes look and flow really well (in my opinion).

Attached: Transformation 2.gif (439x319, 1.64M)

Gee, I wonder how you feel about them...

...what's this from?

Attached: 1509854047710.jpg (303x303, 29K)

One of the Tetsuwan Birdy series, it looks like.

>gif quality is terrible
...I can fix that.

It's a pretty common thing in fiction. Not a power that the MC usually would have, but certainly something that appears in quite a lot of works. I don't see why it should any more powergrabby than open end magic systems

This is from the original Birdy The Mighty series.
That would be appreciated. That said, Birdy doesn't go for drawn out transformations, they are more in line with Danny Phantom esque transformations.
youtube.com/watch?v=5wC4EsQgJRQ has several scenes with transformations.

Attached: Spacesuit.gif (540x303, 2.58M)

sorry, was meant for

Alright I gotta go make money so I'm bowing out of the thread

For those with advice for a first time jump maker pleas direct you comments to this post

Attached: tumblr_mzc4vrGUkJ1t9nt9uo1_500.png (500x389, 209K)

Between legitimately loving the settings I make jumps for, getting sick of all the Fate/ talk, and not being able to walk away from this... Knowing that I might inspire more people to experience it and maybe even try to make decent jumps is my primary motivator. Sometimes including things that'll change my chain paradigm, but that's usually a minor thing and rarely helps at all.

Attached: 58e5f0db34de12961553d50947d3025c--top-manga-anime-manga.jpg (236x319, 18K)

It's fine to offer power copying at appropriate cost, but I would personally never take it. Feels boring, and makes it much harder to actually figure out what I can do, which was already hard to remember in the first place.

Birdy the Mighty. The protagonist gets caught up in a battle between alien criminals and a space cop, while he's in a regeneration tank his consciousness time-shares a body with the space cop because she feels guilty. She's got limited shapeshifting, so she assumes his form when he's in control. It's not really a gender-bender thing, since they're two separate people who just can't exist in the physical world simultaneously, but there are some elements of that in the plot thanks to having to hide what's going on and because they can share senses even when the other's in control.

I used to feel the same way, then I arbitrarily decided that copied powers did not carry over to the next jump.
Duplicate a power and have it for the rest of the jump is somehow more manageable than take all the powers forever.

Should have included

I think that upgrading is fine, but power copying is kind of boring. With upgrading, you're taking what you can do and amping it up. You retain thematic consistency. With power copying, you become a mish-mash of everyone you've ever met, no real central concept to your aesthetics anymore.

>Valeria only posted once last thread
Now I'm not saying I hope she got banned, but...

>want to make a jump for a Marvel or DC AU
Man, I have some serious love/nostalgia for some of these settings, but I can't help but feel like people keep trying to milk these IPs for all they're worth and I really don't want to contribute to or be one of those people.

>What measures were taken to prevent further incidents after your escape?

Eunuchs, when I broke out with the Mushroom King everyone chronically masturbated for months

Then Batman and the Outsiders (original comic book run) is for you!
Call it quick before some one else does something outlandishly over the top with Metamorpho.

Some require more thought than others, and some just cannot be worked on in short periods of time requiring hours of drudgery at least to get your affairs in order to have an even minimal amount of work getdone because of various complexities, but it all depends on what you've got in front of you, or maybe I'm just particularly slow and incompetent.

I often can't unless I've freed up hours at a time at the minimum. Music or ASMR helps me, and as such getting engrossed in something else to calm the mind while slowly shifting back and forth into the Jump making process is often what I end up doing. Writing numerous things down and getting back to it all in ten or fifteen minutes later. It's rare for me to get paragraph after paragraph done, but it does happen. It helps when you solve problems you set up. A "bunch of little victories" so to speak is pretty gratifying.

Otherwise, just really, really liking the thing you're making, or at least having a "wager" on it in your head (reward yourself for doing something, and punish yourself for not). To the noise end:
youtu.be/kjjTgz42Q9Q
youtu.be/2oi-8xl7uZs
youtu.be/Va31JGXUmkg
youtu.be/v-PEoU0FjzE
youtu.be/NTiaCV47-bw
youtu.be/HnpsG9Rh7Q8

Dodgeball has perks for that. If you aren't interested then they aren't interested.

Yoro?

Pretty sure she's just doing a jumpchain with NuBee.

Afraid not.

>Then Batman and the Outsiders
Honestly, I forgot that even existed. But I do legitimately means AUs. Even stuff like Young Justice, DCEU, or DCAU it's the same characters with the same backstories and often similar characterization just sometimes doing different things at occasionally different power levels, generally under similar themes. Even fanfiction jumps are usually more different. I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded, but sometimes it just feels like an excuse to get more stuff.

Let's hope so.

DDAnon?

So, your jumper has probably done and seen a lot at this point. Have they acquired any interesting fetishes?

Attached: tmp_12230-15199225529041076654472.jpg (700x953, 514K)

Did you need something, or are you sleuthing?

Now I understand what you're saying. I think part of is that nearly every one of use did informal jumps into the DC universe before we were too young to make spreadsheets and complicated jump records and not yet sophisticated enough to powerwank with any subtlety
(side note: I've never quite understood why the jump chain police divieded comic books one way, warhammer another, and sentai heroes in a completely different manner.)

No. I'm probably just far more curious/nosy than I should be.

Jumpers don't acquire fetishes. They give them to other people.

Heavens?

Nah. No one that (relatively) important yet.

You went two swings for three. At least you didn't strikeout.

>getting sick of all the Fate/ talk
That's heresy tho

When conditions are right, it just happens. Like protein folding and rain.
But the right conditions tend to come about when I desire to go to a setting and I can feel enthusiastic about how cool or neat the setting is.

I'm around. Just taking a break from thread to focus on my chain. W're in the middle of accidentally making into stand users almost all the fighters in a combined Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown world.

It's so greaaaaat

We're calling them Stand Fighters, King of Stands and Samurai Standown.

And Stakken.

>Samurai Shodown
We have that?

>Spoiler
That's not too ba-

>2nd spoiler
REEEEEE

Attached: b4d061891f1df10d95a3570cabd62274564b5d0f_hq.jpg (1005x1024, 66K)

Crossover option in Street Fighter.

I can't help but think that Ryu's Stand looks completely ridiculous with a big smile on it's face completely contrary to his standard demeanour

Street King of Iron Samurai Stand Down Tournament?

FUCK

SLEEP

AND ITS NECESSITY

Where can I go to remove my reliance?

We're having a silly amount of fun messing around. Like Akuma mastering the spin and gaining a Super Spin from making an eternal Tatsumaki. Bison has his [It Was Tuesday] that lets him time travel to the last tuesday to plan things a week in advance, but it doesn't work on Tuesday itself.

Yes my dude.

>and maybe surpassing even Beerus
Reminder that, in the manga, the Exhibition Match was actually a match between all 12 Gods of Destruction, where most of them ganged up on Beerus and he still survived to be one of the last two standing.

>Street King of Iron Samurai Stand Down Crosstag Battle Tournament Exceed Revelator

I have to ask: What is Heihachi's Stand?

Not sure yet. We're still going through. All we know for sure is that Jin is getting the edgiest song name we can think of for his Stand.

>Super Street King of Iron Samurai Stand Down Crosstag Battle Tournament Exceed Revelator Fighter Beach Volleyball

>Guts (Monster Hunter) + War Trophies (God of Highschool) + Rolling Counter (Mother) + Regeneration (various)
What else can can I use to become incredibly annoying to fight even /if/ I just stand there and allow my enemies to hit me?

Nerds.

>interesting fetishes
You mean objects that are believed to have magic powers?
I mean, I've got a few wands, if that counts?

You're a nerd.

Become undead

One-ups. The instantaneous kind.

So question what could you do if you had an Origin and Element for Imaginary Numbers and were an Average One in Fate

Jumpers, what is your view on corporal punishment?

Attached: Drow Parenting.jpg (299x431, 152K)

Anything that makes you good at taunting.
Anything that lets you pretend you've been hurt, so you can reveal that you're actually fine 10 seconds later.
A good teleportation perk, so they can't beat you by just sending you flying.

I know people bring this up for everything, but Legendary Hero's damage reflection means they're going to hurt themselves every time they attack you.

Start with Magical Particles from Bastard. You can now only be harmed by attacks that can affect the physical and spiritual at once. Now add in Legendary Hero from Medaka Box. You're immune to any supernatural effect not based in language, makes it a lot harder to get that dual nature for their attacks. Without Love, You Will Fail from Saint Seiya Episode G means they have to have love in their hearts, strong love, to harm you. Protection From Loose Lips from Bablovia (if you're okay with semi-joke jumps) means your enemy has to have their mouth closed to harm you, too, really gets in the way of that language stuff. And to top it all off, add in Dragon Eater from Waltraute, so even if they meet all the criteria there's still only a single point on your body that can actually take damage.

>The powerwanker and her sycophant
I'm sure this won't end in fire.

Attached: 1439350353164.png (512x783, 518K)

Attached: profile_picture_by_exasperatedartist-dahsgrm.jpg (300x233, 23K)

I cuck monsters by banging their mates.

Add in the Malfeas Charm Ablation of Brass and Fire, from Exalted Infernals, which is a perfect parry in which you boldly move to take the attack. To cover for those spiritual/physical language attacks full of love, with their mouth closed, on your one vulnerable spot.

Just be aware that only works in "places developed for use". Cities, or roads, or farms, anywhere that has been shaped by conscious minds for a purpose. You can't do it in the wilderness, or a natural cave, or in space (though on a space station would work).

You made me imagine Jumper being killed by a ventriloquist distracting them while their puppet waifu lands the fatal blow.