Son, I have to go back to Earth on some very important business. Because you are my favorite...

>Son, I have to go back to Earth on some very important business. Because you are my favorite, you're in charge while I'm gone.
>Waaaah daddy left because he doesn't love me! I'm going to break all his stuff!

The Horus Heresy in a nutshell. Prove me wrong.

Attached: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (1280x854, 278K)

>Daddy, I wrote you a book about how awesome you are.
>This is the opposite of everything I like. Religion is shit, you're shit, and you're religion is double shit.
>Waaaaahhh, Horus, Dad said I'm shit!
>HE WHAT?!

Close enough?

>Daddy, Horus is betraying you
>I told you to stop fucking calling me Magnus. Horus, got bring Magnus here
>*later*
>Wolfy, dad said kill Magus
>You had me at kill

Pretty much this?

>You had me at kill
Cracked me up

>Prove me wrong.
With a resume like that you gonna get yourself hired by GW.

>Brother, all this feuding between us means jack shit, so how about we make up and go kick those traitors in the balls
>I-idiot it's not like I want to be best bros with you
>You stabbed me in the chest but missed all my vital organs? Oh brother, you do care
>S-shut up

And that's what the Lion and the Wolf are like.

>Konrad, you've always been kinda insane and comically evil, wanna go traitor?
>Sure

>Angron, want to overthro-
>I'M IN, LET'S KILL EVERYBODY!

Iron Within, Iron Without!

>Alpharius, Horus here. Are you with me or against me?
>Yes

>daaaaad leman is mocking my psyker powers
>even if you two also have them

It's exactly that you tit.

The thing no one seems to get about primarchs is that their psychological development never really happened. Emps made sure of that when he made them all grow up instantly.
Add that to the fact thats 40k we're talking about, and what you have is a bunch of super-powered demigods with the mind of a child.
They're portrayed as having extreme personalities because they never went through the things that temper and adult, the things that teach us all how to be reasonable.
The more balanced primarchs, like Girlyman for instance, were raised, trained and educated with their adult minds, so even if he isn't insane like the rest, he still knows how to behave a little better than the rest.
And since time spent as an adult usually doesn't change much of your personality after your childhood has defined it, they're stuck being manchildren.
Think about it: Horus is literally a kid throwing a fit because big daddy E won't tell him what he was doing.
Corvus gets all fucked up because he had never actually hurt someone he cared about in that way. Emps told him his legion was children, he mutated them horribly. A reasonable person could take that in stride, or promise to never fuck up that badly again, but Corvus instantly becomes damaged goods. It fucks him up badly because he had no prior experiences with shit going that wrong.
Shit, think of Dorn.
Stoic, loyal to the point of hating himself for not getting murdered by Horus. He is that kid that thinks his parents are god (except his dad actually kinda is now) and that their word is law.
Perturabo is the best example honestly. He misunderstands basic concepts and goes on to do shit no ever wants to do expecting praise. When he gets none, he throws a shitfit and joins chaos. A sane adult would be sad and angry for wasting all that time, but not Pert, he gets small-kid-screaming-in-mall mad.
We think of them as adults because they look like adults, but they're big children in armor, really

>We think of them as adults because they look like adults, but they're big children in armor, really
And now all of 40k makes sense. I'm surprised Malcador never sat Emps down with some ancient psychology texts and explain to him at least the basic concepts of the Stages of Development and why accelerating the Primarch's growth is a completely shit idea

Attached: 6c4.gif (510x546, 873K)

Except it's more like dad is in the garage doing dad stuff and Magnus throws a brick through the window to get his attention.

I started writing up a refutation. Realized it wouldn't do any good. Effort wouldn't match the payout.

So, I'll just say you're wrong and leave it at that.

Not quite. There's a lot of ego stroking and fuckery coming from Lorgar's Camp.
Yeah, Lorgar was a fuckstick and a little bitch. He turned to Chaos and used it to pump up Horus and "urge" him towards the Civil War. Without Lorgar and his shitbirds, things would've been better.

The only one that fucked up more was Magnus.

God-Emperor of All Mankind: Worst. Dad. Ever.

Horus: Show me all of the secrets of the univer-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. I'm not ready to show anyone some things yet
Horus: FUCK YOU, DAD

Lorgar: I like religious things like groveling, chanting and worshippi-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. It literally allows daemons into realspace
Lorgar: FUCK YOU, DAD

Angron: I want to die fighting a mob of slaves on some remote plan-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. I need you to help save humanity from itself
Angron: FUCK YOU, DAD

Magnus: I study conjuration and demonology - what could possibly go wro-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. Don't play with powers you don't understand
Magnus: FUCK YOU, DAD

Perturabo: Nice galaxy you got here Dad, pity if something was to hap-
Emperor: Behave yourself - Primarchs are to be above girlish jealousies
Perturabo: FUCK YOU, DAD

Kurze: I want peace ... and pulling the limbs off of helpless, screami-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. I want the people liberated, not butchered
Kurze: FUCK YOU, DAD

Fulgrim: I want perfection, and I'll use any means necessary to achiev-
Emperor: No, that's dumb. And vain. I'ma go home and slap your mother
Fulgrim: FUCK YOU, DAD

Mortarion: FUCK YOU, DAD
Emperor: I should never have sent you faggots to liberal universities

Alpharius: Remember the s5 Buffy premiere where her 'sister' Dawn just
sort of appeared out of nowhere and everyone had to pretend she'd alw-
Emperor: Oh God, yes. Holy Fuck, that 'twist' was fucking awful. And
contrived? Jesus Christ, I'd never seen such lazy and self-indulgent-
Omegon: AAABNETTT!

>So, I'll just say you're wrong and leave it at that
No u

But user, all you did was post examples of Emps being right.

>Emps made sure of that when he made them all grow up instantly.
No he didn't, they were children when they landed on their various worlds, and they grew up there, shaped by the worlds that raised them.

In some cases, this wound up turning out all right (e.g. Guilliman, Dorn, Khan, Vulkan). In others, it did not (e.g. Angron, Curze). In others it was a bit hit or miss (e.g. the Lion came out pretty cripplingly autistic, but he did land on a Death World and was continually tempted by Chaos for the first decade or two of his life).

They are described as having superior intellect, and minds that are literally far beyond an ordinary human. They aren't "children" - the fault is more on the writers for their inability to depict the Primarchs as the larger-than-life individuals they should be, or writing in stupid things to their history. For example, Lorgar was beaten as a child. And when he grew too big and strong to be beaten, his adoptive father just hired a bunch of torturers and equipped them with shocksticks and shit to make sure the beatings could continue. It's retarded.

I prefer to imagine Russ is a delusional retard who thinks Lion is gis best friend, but Lion just wants the tard to fuck off.

>Be strong Johnson. Be strong for father.

Perturabo has 0 childhood, in his first memory he was already an adult man that know everything

Attached: 40k kek.png (600x528, 451K)

Well put

Maybe if Kor Phaeron was into sexy abuse Lorgar might have been less inclined to go with Chaos.

Yeah. The writers ruined the HH

Ironically, Curze is one of the few primarchs that had legitimate reasons to rebel. The Emperor tried to kill him even before the Heresy

You're putting too much thought on it. The writers surely never though about it.
Actualy, it seems that the authors actualy thought they were writing decent characters.