EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Diamond in the Rough Edition

Previous:RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Are there any pet cards that you enjoy or use all the time that you rarely see in other decks?

Attached: FFC5rST.png (265x370, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lady-zhurong-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-hate-all-you-people/
scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=-o:modular tou<=1 f:commander commander:U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Are there any pet cards that you enjoy or use all the time that you rarely see in other decks?
This guy. Is he good? Fuck no.

But a rampaging Leonard Nemoy gives me a chuckle.

Attached: 161.jpg (312x445, 53K)

Reposting from last thread

I want to make a deck based solely on great art and aesthetics. What should I build?

Attached: 50fc9169175fdf3a3ed6185ed0913eca--yuri-manga-manga-art.jpg (500x681, 70K)

Also reposting from last thread

Everything with RKF as the artist

reposting from last thread
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lady-zhurong-voltron/
trying to get this list nice and smooth before i drop the time and cash on building it out. been wanting to build a monocolor deck for a while and shee looked interesting when i saw her, but i don't want to drop at minimum 40$ on a commander i'm unsure of before i get the list looking okay. trying to hit that early game drop so i can get damage in early and hard before taking my opponents out after loading up my general with equipment, don't think i'm quite there just yet. any suggestions would be appreciated

Nebuchadnezzar.

Changing my commander to this gives my artifact deck 42 more draw spells with out any other changes. Dominaria is going to be fun.

Anyone else UR artifact hype?

Attached: dom-XJWC-jhoira-weatherlight-captain.jpg (672x936, 119K)

Attached: 1504791178088.png (480x700, 844K)

muh dark brethen
I've made a RkF based deck with most of UB artwork available and a discard theme.
Now I need good basics. Any recomendations?

Attached: images-9.jpg (200x285, 14K)

I was hoping for her to be a little more... well, more. The ability is strong, don't get me wrong, but it seems a little boring. I was hoping for some kind of combo fuckery to come out of it.

Do you guys think I can make a good Bontu deck focusing on grave pact and reanimation beats? Pestilence seems really abusive with an indestructible general.

I love Aqueous Form so so much.

Help: I'm not loving my Sidisi Deck but I have sunk a lot of dosh into it. Is there an easy conversion that is more fun? I just feel like I don't get to actually do much in my meta. There is a scarab god that just eats anything i put in my yard and there are too many moving parts for my deck to work. I just eat removal all the time and dont get a good horde or even enough zombies to really do fun sac shennagins. I've made some edit but this was the deck list for a good bit. tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisis-zomboni-jabronies/

I really love the colors but don't want to just do good stuff and Reanimator is not possible in my meta. Please help.

Mostly just sad because I bought all the lands and BUG staples and planned to make leovold before he got banned so IDK what to do

I actually really like pic related. Early game ramp and late game draw attached to one card.

Attached: akh-219-spring-mind.jpg (672x936, 183K)

Reanimation is just one of those deck archetypes that gets absolutely rinsed if your opponents start running hate tech that also slots well Vs most decks since decks usually wanna fish a little from the yard.
Go for some alternate win conditions that are completely outside of GY matters. Even if they feel cheap for some people imo it's a game and trying to win is fine, if you're not bored of DoomsdayLabMan that's whatever they stop your deck getting hosed completely.

t. Used to run Meren precon in a pretty competitive environment, everyone rightly played GY exile and made my deck very bad, ended up using Jarad to sacc some big creatures and drain everyone.

>Are there any pet cards that you enjoy or use all the time that you rarely see in other decks?
I rather like to use Moriok Scavenger in a deck with artifacts.

Attached: Moriok_Scavenger.jpg (500x360, 208K)

with helm of the host does jank senpai finally have a deck?

Attached: brothers-yamazaki1-cropped.jpg (464x664, 178K)

Kinda want to build Uril for my next deck. What's some super secret tech for him, besides just jamming in a bunch of auras and enchantresses?

Post your favorite commander you've never played and your least favorite commander that you've played

Favorite: Phenax
Least favorite: Mina and Denn

fucking kek

Favorite: Oloro (had to shelve it, no one anywhere wanted to face test of endurance with humility and night of souls berayal with counter back up)

Least favorite: Yisan, everyone hyped it up, and it was so boring and fragile. 0/10

They aren't even trying.

Nigga get a mind stone or hedron archive
6 mana draw two is hnnnnnnggggg

yisan seems like that one commander that everyone hems and haws about being super op and totally scary but when that one smug fuck plays it he just gets btfo by everyone immediately targeting him because he played a comp commander with little to no protection or backup

Yisan is the product of an inbred competitive scene where people race to get their doomsday or storm combo off. No one plays removal, and Yisan goes under stax and counters. In """"75%''''''metas where people run pyroclasm and wrath effects, Yisan folds after turn 3.

Ditto. I might run her if there's an interesting enough build out there because I've wanted U/R artifacts for a while, but I still feel like I wish we had gotten something else.

Or at least that there's still another "U/R artificier legend" somewhere in the pipes. (Commander 2018??)

yuuuuuup. that's honestly the worst part of the labmaniacs meta getting as popular as it has. the ideas of what's powerful comes from a place of pure combo players playing against each other and anybody that actually runs removal or interaction looks at their gameplan and goes "what were you trying to do again?"

Nope, this is the only one we're getting, they don't give a fuck about artifice autists, because the good ones are monocolored, and they probably know they'd never live up to the hype of a UR Artificer. Seriously Feldon, Arcuum, et al are great, but I don't think they could ever print a UR artificier without it being lackluster for the fear of it being broken.

But the commander precons are exclusively for printing game busting format ruining cards! This is OUR CHANCE.

Seriously though, when do we learn more about the themes for these decks?

Around April or May I think.

>Ran an Arjun Eggs Storm deck
>The real commander was Vedalken Archmage
>Enter Jhoira, who not only cantrips on my artifacts like the Archmage, but suddenly my Daretti, Muzzio, Arcum, Dack, and Tezzeret give refunds.
I know Breya is the superior Eggs commander, but I'm too autistic to have two of the same colored deck when I have Ludevic + Tymna politics. Jho is gonna be a blast

blue fags can go fuck themselves

Attached: 1513310193852.jpg (223x310, 33K)

Feldon hardly counts as an artifact commander. The only thing he has to do with artifacts is that the token copy he makes is one. And it'd be pretty easy to make a decent UR artificer without going too far. Just making it something like being able to sac an artifact to make thopters/servos/whatever equal to the sacc'd artifact's CMC and then give it some sort of ability to pay an amount and then tap a certain number of artifact to draw cards. You could flavor it as an artificer who repurposes junk into servants who can then help them get work done.

MLD. Uril probably has indestructible most of the time so just nuke ALL the lands and be happy.

... It could actually work. Janky as hell but those +2/+2 will stack up fast if unanswered

Anyone brewing with these battle cattle?

Attached: firesongandsunspeaker.jpg (265x370, 43K)

>UR artifact
she is actually just really boring. her ability has to do with artifacts...sure...but you could also build her as legendary tribal or saga tribal. she just draws cards. you could probably run jori-en and it would be pretty similar.

not feeling her.

you should just ask your group to let you run them as partners.

>6 mana
>boros

no

so say you have these guys out and cast a boros charm as the 4 damage. Due to the lifelink, would you get a trigger from the 2nd part since a white spell would be gaining you life?

Phyrexian Etchings

Some people have unless you're the same poster who posted a decklist, ignore because artifact ramp and LD is a part of Boros, especially for casting big guys

If it's a red and white spell, both effects trigger.

what are some decks that dont build themselves? I mean decks that can be built very differently among players unlike decks like Meren, Mizzix, or Kemba

Already run 'em my dude.

do you mean commanders?

Lightning Helix would get 2 lightning bolt triggers then, right?

Gonna be gay couple minotaurs in Dominaria?

Of th examples given, only kemba has a prescribed archetype so far as I know. Mizzix is just spells but she can be any kind of spell deck, and Meren asks you to do pretty much nothing so she can do whatever.

Helix goes on the stack, has lifelink because it's red
After Helix resolves, I think Firesongs bolt trigger only occurs once, unless there's going to be a specific ruling for it, because the lifegain happened as a part of one spell.

Fuck off

>thread question
is Siege Rhino a good creature in EDH? probably not
is it good when you get 4 of them? hell yeah it is

Attached: c15-51-blade-of-selves.jpg (672x936, 279K)

I think they may be like, Tahngarth's relatives or something.

If a red and white spell you control deals damage and also instructs you to gain life, Firesong and Sunspeaker's last ability triggers twice.
As per Dominaria's design notes. Neat.

Oh cool, makes LH and WH even better than before.

Yeah, that's not bad. I think something that let you copy activated abilities might be neat too.

After I slot in my ramp and MLD package, I'll have to find way to capitalize off the casting triggers. Young Pyromancer and Monastery Mentor are pretty obvious shoe-ins for this deck, aswell as Sunforger. A Blasphemous Act with lifelink seems pretty lulzy, so I should run a few damage-based sweepers. Gonna need cards that win me the game when I have a stupidly high life total.

>Running Rosheen Meanderer
>So many x spells
>Run pic related
>He survives every board wipe and murders everyone because he's the last one living

He's a trooper.

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 31K)

Karador, Maelstrom Wanderer, Zedruu, Tasigur, both Marchesas, Phelddagrif, Samut

what x spells are you playing on other people's turns that allow him to survive? is there no white or black in your group?

They run every card you think they would run.

Such as?

Red damage spells dumbass.

What are some good Naya hatebears?

I've built G/W hatebears before, but I was wondering what red adds to the package. So far, I'm running things like OG Linvala, both Thalia, Grand Abolisher, Ediolon of can't draw cards, Gaddock Teeg, Hushwing Gryff, Aven Mindcensor, alms collector, and a few others that I can't quite remember. The deck can have a variety of commanders, but in general you just slap down your hatebears while you ramp, cast your fuck-huge commander, and play something like static orb to double the oppression while you smash face. I think Rith could work, but clearly Uril is the best choice for this stuff. If another colour has better hatebears, I might be able to swap red for it, but idk what it would really get me.

Attached: 1496144948521.gif (326x256, 1.45M)

Apparently this goes infinite with the battle cattle too!

Attached: 53.jpg (312x445, 64K)

You really need to get more familiar with the cardpool if you think Naya is the hatebear color combination.

I for one welcome the reintroduction of Lightning Helix and other Bolt equivalents into our meta.

Neat

I don't think WR has the card advantage to make just a "value" burn deck in commander.

the big problem with using red as a hatebear color is a good portion of their hate effects are enchantments over creatures iirc. so you get a lot of good hate effects but the really good ones are usually not on creatures

a few off the top of my head tho are ash zealot, zo-zu the punisher, and eidolon of the great revel. i also quite like pyreheart wolf in spite of it not being a traditional hatebear. i'm also not as up to date with red hate creatures as some others may be, so my knowledge isn't exactly comprehensive

>guy lists like 10 different hatebears
>says he built a g/w hatebears deck
>"You really need to get more familiar with the cardpool if you think Naya is the hatebear colour combination."
The smug levels on this one are off the charts boys.

Well, you get Magus of the Moon.

Any ways to make anti-card advantage?

I quickly whipped this up. No reason to believe this piece of art is anyone but her, since Narset doesn't seem to be present.
What can we do with her as a general?

Attached: Tetsuko Umezawa Fugitive.jpg (375x523, 77K)

>magus of the moon
>harsh mentor
>zo-zu
>ash zealot
>eidolon of the great revel
>tunnel ignus
>rampaging ferocidon

This sounds perfect. What are some of those hate enchantments senpai?

I have an Uril deck already built with an enchantment matters subtheme. The deck pretty much plays itself and is pure gas, but I wanted to take it to a different level. The old gameplan was pretty simple: just ramp into an early Uril, shit out a bunch of cantriping auras, and blow someone up real good. What I want to do instead is slow everything down until I get Uril out there, blow up all the lands while my stuff is indestructible, and then shit out cantriping auras so I can blow someone up real good as a backup plan.

I need tune it for a high powered meta. It'll be playing 1v1 against a zur deck I'm very familiar with, so I subbed out some of the fluff, added in all the bears I mentioned, and brought in a suite of enchantments, and some removal for other people's enchantments. The zur deck is really strong and consistent, I run a very strong monoblue deck to deal with it, but I'm just trying to shake things up with some stuff I have lying around. Maybe planeswalkers and wipes is a better choice...

Have a bunch of 1 toughness creatures that do things when they chip in for damage. Think Big power, low toughness.

It seems to be Tolaria in the background which is the main reason I don't think that art is Tetsuko. We have no reason to believe Tetsuko would have anything to do with Tolaria. On the other hand, we know Narset and the Jeskai/Ojutai have an affinity for spellcasting and in Tarkir in general with time fuckery.

It might be Academy Journeymage, or Naban, or Naru Meha. It's a big assumption to think that it's Tetsuko, I think it's the Journeymage more than anything else.

>leonard nemoy
i think you mean mel gibson in braveheart

The transcendental level of salt from every Atraxa player on Xmage is one of the greatest feelings the game can deliver.

Jesus

>Junk ETBs
>not mono-red ETBs
You are like a little baby

Attached: 169.jpg (312x445, 75K)

>Tolaria
Tolaria WEST, user. OG Tolaria got absolutely Obliterated by Barrin.

>tunnel ignus out with zo-zu
>against any green deck
Jesus christ how horrifying. You're a cool guy user.

Whatever the fuck dude.

>being this mad
>when user fucking capitialized the relevant cards for your mistake
Absolutely baka.

Attached: 1518206396855.jpg (500x500, 32K)

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-hate-all-you-people/
a good number of my favorites are in this old deck, but i'd be cautious about running some of them without ways to make them asymmetrical

also i hate to break it to you but uril hatebears is probably not the way to go for a competitive meta. depending on your legendary density toolbox captain sisay might be better for you, or you could probably push into bant for better stax-related effects and ways to utilize them/search them over what naya has to offer for you.

bring in nick cage for an action movie theme

Attached: despite all his rage he is still nick cage.jpg (312x445, 34K)

It's like looking in a mirror, only... not.

scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=-o:modular tou<=1 f:commander commander:U

figure something out

That was plan B since nothing immediately came to mind. Time for some scrolling

For some reason I assumed Naru Meha would be a black dude, but you might be right. Journeymage would also be valid, the art looks like it could be part of a cycle

Journeymage would probably be it due to how literal the art can be nowadays, like the most recent Brainstorm.

whats a three card combo that I can include in a Sedris deck but I want all of the cards to be useful on their own.

That's a really nice list, thanks user!

I also took a peak at bant, and fuck, why are all 3c legends so boring? I pretty much HAVE to build derevi, because it's the only commander that synergizes with any stax style effects. But, if I keep it in naya I get to run land destruction, which is a huge bonus, and stranglehold to help prevent searching.

I just wish there was a card like:

"Fuck Matrix
Artifact

Whenever a nonland permanent enters an opponent's battlefield, if that card wasn't cast, exile it instead.

I'm thinking 1/1 token swarm, thopters in particular. Include Bident of Thassa, Coastal Piracy, Thopter Spy Network, other stuff that triggers on combat damage.
Include pic related and maybe a couple other cipher cards. Copy Myr Battlesphere every turn.
Anthem effects are rare in mono-blue, but maybe Gravitational Shift and Crown of Doom.

Attached: gtc-53-stolen-identity.jpg (488x680, 138K)

containment priest is pretty close

>nontoken creature
>I only care about enchantments
So close, but so far away... also going to run it, thanks man.

Attached: 1491402015825.jpg (604x603, 70K)

Basalt Monolith+Rings of Brighthearth+Exsanguinate

I would pay $100 for that Fuck Matrix.

Attached: 1491973059137.jpg (640x360, 63K)

and yeah bant doesn't have many good stax commanders aside from derevi, but you're really in a tight spot as far as playing in a competitive meta anyway. things need to be fast enough to outpace your opponents but you also have to be ready to answer anything they might do early game to disrupt you also. depends a bit on the speed of the meta but against zur it can be pretty hard to outpace him with the right build

Alright boys.
>Sek'kuar Turbo Combo "The Graveyard is a temporary zone change"
>Saskia Punisher (Give out a few handouts like a grouphug deck, and build up an enchantress fort of effects that punish using those resources)
Which do I build

Aven Mindscensor is another way to slow down Zur

yeah mindcensor is hot. tranquility effects might also help vs zur.