Warhammer: Vermintide 2 sells 500,000 copies in under a week

Vermintide 2 confirmed to be the most successful game set in a GW IP.

But will it be enough to bring back WHFB, teegee?

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-12-warhammer-vermintide-2-sells-500-000-copies-in-under-a-week

Attached: End_Times-_Thanquol.png (1600x900, 1.29M)

no

don't be fucking stupid. as has been discussed a thousand times before, the video game crowd is not the miniatures crowd.

That's not true. Dawn of War recruited tons of new blood for the game.

Can confirm. If you play video games, you're not a miniature war gamer, no matter how many models you own and have painted. You're just a completely different audience with just a passing interest.

Attached: 1511194746893.jpg (884x652, 157K)

>will it be enough to bring back WHFB

Attached: Rapica.png (678x1045, 953K)

The game being age of sigmar.

>But will it be enough to bring back WHFB
But why? It's the End of Times game, not WHFB

Attached: 1499028081294.png (890x661, 166K)

actually they removed the end times from the title. It's not end times

Veeky Forums is pessimistic as fuck.

Accepting reality is hardly pessimism.

>Vermintide 2 confirmed to be the most successful game set in a GW IP.
>500,000
Are you sure?

Dawn of War 1 actually got playing Battlefleet Gothic.

>But will it be enough to bring back WHFB, teegee?

No. Get over it.

It's just a fun game that is comparatively cheap. It would have maybe sold 50-100k copies less if it were set in AoS.

What about this + Total Warhammer?

No.
It takes place during the end times, so GW will see it as proof that the end times was a good idea.

>It would have maybe sold 400-500k copies less if it were set in AoS.
sure

>Implying anyone wants to play in the Age of Shitmar setting

Amazing, most people who get this game or Total War Warhammer look into the miniatures and then find out Karl Franz is named "Freeguild General" and shit and get turned off. Then they watch videos about AoS and how GW killed Fantasy.

If GW had just actually given Fantasy releases and supported it it could have been popular again. But don't worry, now they have a game rated for 5 years and up.

Attached: Vermintide3.png (540x486, 402K)

I just want Black Fire pass man.

>3 years later
>Still assblasted beyond mesure

rekt

You should have supported WFB when it needed support. It was a good game and a wonderful setting, but with an awful awful crowd of waacfag losers and grognards. You got what you deserved

>Now watch as Vermintide becomes an AOS concept and we get all the cool Skavens releases

I fucking did, orcs and goblins to boot.

Could pre nerf huntsman kill the Everchosen?

Attached: 3shot.webm (1280x720, 1.92M)

>GW profits in 2008
>£3M
>GW profits in 2018
>£31M

Hahahahaha

The question is how many shots would pre nerf Kruber need to kill the chaos gods?

750.04 shots per god

GW really fucked up, destroying a setting right before high selling video games based on it came out.

Normies dont care about age of sigmar

Considering how fast the general go, they probably do care about AoS

GW are making more profit than ever before.
They're in the FTSE 250 now.
Video games don't mean model sales.

>people associate 40k sales with AoS sales

Profit has increased ten fold since 2008. It can't all be 40k.

I guess that's why Katawa Shoujo is a mainstream success and everybody loves VNs.

It is.

It's a shame it's got the End Times logo smeared on it like a cow's shitstain.

WFFB is never coming back in tabletop form. Fortunately we've shown there's a market for vidya. You'll have to be content with that

tbqh i'd rather play the vidya. Actual table top WHFB was ass.

VT2 dropped the End Times from the title

Attached: warhammer_vermintide_2_reveal_tall_header_1.jpg (1594x1600, 1.7M)

>In the End Times of the Warhammer world, you will be challenged like never before as you and your team of Heroes face untold enemy hordes in a desperate ...
Literally did a simple google search and didn’t have to click on any links to find out you are a liar.
It is end times you fucking faggot, either accept that Endtimes is part of fantasy or vermintide is an AoS game.

Man, it's weird, I feel like this game is a sequel to something

Like it occurs after something else, and in the same universe

Crazy huh

no

just enjoy the vidya

Things are better this way. GW can work on AoS and the type of people who like that kind of thing can stay there. Meanwhile more competent people are writing the setting material, and vidya that provides tens to hundreds of hours of enjoyment for the cost of one or two boxes of plastic State Troops.

Attached: 1520918695038.jpg (644x798, 260K)

Every single person I've asked about how they started wargaming provides one of exactly two answers:

1. "I started when I was a kid and I saw some awesome box art/models"

2. "I played a video game and thought the setting was awesome"

Just hope they do different things with this game, as much as I like slapping rats around I'd like to have a DLC set in ogre lands/far edge mountains fighting hobgoblins, chaos dwarves and ogres.
Whack-a-undead and Waaaghtide™ would also be great.

WFRP is getting a new edition and that's all I care about to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sad that WHFB is dead, but I'm sad for the people who actually played it.

Attached: 1509156741672.gif (1280x720, 2.7M)

those sales are in under a week

I'm confused by VT equipment. Does an "unbalanced" weapon mean anything? Should I be paying attention to the power of the weapon? How do i get fat loots?

user, it's naive or retarded to pretend that's not because of the success of 8th edition 40k.

it is, since the major boost in sales came with the release of 8th.

The video game crowd shit themselves in rage at paying 10-15 dollars for DLC packs, they're not going to jump aboard the miniature wargaming bandwagon.

Not sure about what unbalanced does, it may just be a description of the sort of moveset it has - wild and swingy, rather than precise stabs. Your power is calculated by 10x your level, plus the average power of all your gear.

Your current level determines the rarity you get, plus a random roll. So at low levels you'll get mostly whites with some greens, and the higher your level the higher the quality of loot.

Item power will be between 10 less and 10 greater than the highest item power you've ever gotten, on any character, capped by the type of chest. Novice loot is capped at 100 power, veteran at 200, level up (commendation) chests and higher difficulties are uncapped, as is crafting.

Their profits were growing before 8th edition 40k, their AoS sales massively eclipse their WHFB sales

Total Warhammer 2 hasn't even sold a million copies

Vidya gamers just like shoot bang fps trash they don't care if it's warhammer or not

That thread is just people shitting it up.
Are you telling me this appeals to a new audience that is getting into warhammer lore instead of just old school warhammer fantasy fans? The horror!

>Are you telling me this appeals to a new audience that is getting into warhammer lore

They're not getting into warhammer lore user, they're just playing a L4D clone

>Wildly popular Warhammer fantasy game
>set during the endtimes

Fantasy purists eternally BTFO

Attached: 6F1C2309-B4DB-4318-8E4D-FE8AF23F3C77.png (400x350, 238K)

I started as a teenager to trying to one up my little brother that played LotR

I would lay on a train track to bring back Fantasy but even I know it won't come back.

Also, was TW:W not more successful?

Total Warhammers are overpriced as shit. The first one is still $60 with $20 single-faction DLCs even thought he second one's been out for a while. If they didn't have that "make war not love" sale, which I only heard about through word of mouth from a friend, I never would have bought any of it.