Elder Dragon Highlander/ EDH / Commander General

Already-something-in-the-catalog-with-Phyrexian-Scriptures edition

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Previous Thread

>Thread question
Are you going to use any of the sagas in your decks? Which ones?

Attached: dominaria.jpg (1199x776, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pirate-six-alternate-wincons/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lady-zhurong-voltron/?cb=1520878755
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/durdlefish/?cb=1520896739
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are you going to use any of the sagas in your decks? Which ones?
I only know of the Phyrexian one and the one that causes land sac.

Why is it that the more fun a legendary card's rulebox seems, the crappier its art inevitably looks?

Post fun legends with good art.

what did the mailman bring you today, lads?

Attached: EFE7C90E-C9A4-4AE9-8FD9-E59C4E713E8B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

I dont really see sagas in anything other than Atraxa. People will just save removal for when they're about to ult.

Attached: Norin.jpg (223x310, 36K)

Fuck off.

what’s wrong with norin? tsp was when cards were still painted traditionally and he looks like a total reclusive nu-male, as he should.

Boring deck for people that think 9gag is the height of creativity and humor.

>Had an extra playset of Collective Brutality that I'd forgotten about in a binder I usually keep at home cause it's usually bulk unless something spikes
>Traded them for a Revised Wheel of Fortune
Feels good mang. Nothing says Ruric Thar quite like a card that forces Johnnys to discard their hand and combo pieces.

Norin is fun and has good art.
Exactly

Just build Nekusar with wheels senpai. It's the best feeling when you wheel into a wheel with Nekusar on the board.

Just want to check this deck one more time before I start buying cards if you guys have any suggestions.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pirate-six-alternate-wincons/

>grixis wizards
life of the party i bet.

Attached: you know you love it.jpg (223x310, 33K)

Are you suckers for old card prints or prefer to keep your decks full of recently released prints.
My white frame mystical tutor looks quite old and it doesn't really fit my new and shiny deck full of modern cards. On the other hand buying a chocolate tutor just because my autism gets triggered feels like a waste of money

Attached: Image.ashx.png (223x311, 117K)

I just sort of use what I have to be honest. For example, I have two older versions of Birds of Paradise that I use just because I have them and I don't feel like getting the new ones.

I always go for the old frame with pretty art if possible. Unless they're insanely expensive compared to newer printings.
Promos usually take priority though.

Time Lord, Eddie Murphy

Is it possible to build a deck around second sun digging on budget or use it as an alternative win-con? I'm playing mainly against last year precons and want to bring something different but my budget is quite tight. I'm getting pic related anyway so it would be handy to use some of these cards

Attached: tejE6aEoRB.png (296x500, 205K)

>eldrazi processors

Norin just goes in the command zone each time and his ability tracks him there.

Approach of the Second Sun is a legit wincon, especially in WU. Remember, only the second cast needs to actually resolve, you can Remand it or whatever, you just have to cast it.

It's not the best wincon in EDH, but it is stylish so that wins you some points.

why the old logo on everything? wotc realized how shit the planeswalker one was?

It's also a great way to put a huge target on your face. If you cast it you better make sure you can survive.

Play UW so you've got the draw down, my favourite way to do it is to cast my first Approach and then Remand it back into my hand for next turn.
I play with pic related but loads of commanders work, it's a nice alternative wincon. People tend to complain less too, as it gives them time to respond, there's no way to cheat a win with Approach like with Fork or other copy effects, has to be cast twice and the second has to resolve.

this is a fucking retarded "I-win" combo, but I love it

Attached: retarded combo.jpg (481x338, 96K)

Oops!

Attached: Image-370.jpg (223x310, 35K)

too bad it doesn't work, at least without some split second or other similar ability

wotc was right about protection

I thought about pic related with elemental buffs and instant/sorcery spam. I have a vampire precon so I already have some fun white cards like teferi's protection

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (749x1000, 123K)

Faith healer, atog, or something that animates it + and number of sac outlets usually does the job but yeah something as simple as still lets ya die

> Protection from everything will usually prevent damage if it would be dealt to you, but some damage can’t be prevented. In this case, because your life total also can’t change, that damage has any other effects that it may have aside from causing you to lose that much life (such as effects from lifelink or infect) and triggers and effects can see that damage was dealt even though your life total didn’t change.

So now all mass creature removal kills your lands as well. I don't think this is a good idea.

How are you gonna target something that has protection.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lady-zhurong-voltron/?cb=1520878755
i think i'm just about ready to start putting this deck together in the near future, just wanting some last minute suggestions before i start pulling triggers. gameplan is usual voltron affair, try to windmill slam commander and start getting high-octane beats in asap. also thinking of giving it a better, less literal name since it's almost ready for version 1.0

You rang?

Attached: 20482493_487699054911114_5214858709942927360_n.jpg (1080x810, 129K)

>laughs in fridge
Everytime the one guy does this everyone else works out how to kill him win infect, colourless command damagae or any alternative win cards

Commander Damage is still marked, same with Infect Damage
You don't use it for the kicker.

D R O P A T R A I N O N E M E D G A R

Meant to include too

Call me a faggit but I find all C17 commanders fun to play with/against

Attached: -433289-hr.jpg (1040x1490, 681K)

Colorless wont do anything to stop protection from everything. You need unpreventable damage.

> If a player has protection from everything, it means three things: 1) All damage that would be dealt to that player is prevented. 2) Auras can’t be attached to that player. 3) That player can’t be the target of spells or abilities.

bait?

>Call me a faggit
Gladly, faggit.

You dont kick the spell. Damage cant be prevented once UF resolves. Hit them with lethal infect/commander damage. Dead newbie

Lets you get some Commander Damage in but their life total still can't change so you had better make your one chance at Unstable count.

Thats fine. I have 5000 turns and you have no permanents out.

volkan baga could draw a literal turd and it'd be the most amazing depiction of shit you'd ever seen

This is true though I know plenty of decks that couldn't OTK a player whose life total can't change.

The correct answer is to just "You win the game" around them, of course. Having infinite tef's won't stop lab man, for instance. I feel that that's a little more likely than managing to manifest 10 poison or 21 commander damage in one go.

Let's do this. One thing you like and one thing you dislike about the format.

Like:
Singleton is fucking rad, buying playsets feels like a waste of money and it's a good way to use underutilized cards.

Dislike:
I want to be able to change a commanders colour identity, and use certain nonlegends as my commander without preforming hostage negotiation with a bunch of spergs. My meta has a rule where you can add one colour to a commanders colour identity by adding 2 colourless and one coloured mana, but this is not a good fix.

According to package tracking I'll have my Lich inside a couple of hours. Don't regret ordering it despite the remake in Dominaria being revealed while it was in the post.

Like:
>Singleton is fun, commander color identity makes for challenging deck builds

Dislike:
>tutors should be banned, or atleast restricted

Killing the unkillable is more satisfying.

>add one colour to a commanders color identity

Attached: anime girl throwing up.jpg_large.jpg (680x680, 80K)

I would but I'm building a general for each green Ravnica guild.

Also I'm thinking of turning Captain Sisay into W/G Selvala and Momir Vig into Edric to be an asshole.

Outside of dampening sphere (which thorn is usually better for stax in edh anyway), I dont see anything remotely stax'able for edh. The white MLD saga is too slow and returns lands back.

I don't get it.

Are you saying that you cast Lethal Vapors in response to Teferi's Protection and destroy all their creatures when they return?

They can just destroy Lethal Vapors literally the instant you play it, skip their next turn and have all of their stuff return after that turn since Teferi's dosen't resolve until your next turn. Basically all you are getting out of that is an extra turn with no enemy to interact with, which can be good but is not "i win" at all.

Like: A vintage level card pool

Dislike: The spergs who complain about vintage tier card pool

Playing with power > being a legacy cuck

It's really bad. We ran Feldon for 3BRR and the deck was gimped so bad he took it apart. Bant Brago had a similar problem; 7mana is way too much.

Esper Oona was something to fuck with though.

Attached: bait.jpg (375x523, 48K)

not using hex parasite to continuously blow up lands each turn

The scenario is you have auratog or aomething similar out, cast TP, hold priority and activate Vapors 99999times, still hold priority, and sac it to auratog.

But having a wrong fun is fun. Swinging with my dragon dildo on the vampire player feels so good she is always focused on bullying the cat girl because breast envy issues and the wizard dude is just eating glue all the time

>I play with pic related but loads of commanders work
You missed something my dude

Cat girl(male)

Good thing I always pack alternative win conditions on my deck.

Why are you adding colours to a commander instead of using one that has the colours you like? Completely unbalances some commanders and damages what appears to be you're already low deck building ability.

Sorry senpai

Attached: 1520895316157.jpg (223x311, 31K)

what now?

Attached: fiendhunter.hq.jpg (480x680, 165K)

Attached: 2q4zafal6chz.jpg (1200x966, 1013K)

What kind of nonsense shit is that

>use auratog (lets you sac an enchantment)
>cast vapors or TP
>cast the other immediately following
>somehow this is advantageous when literally everything you have is essentially removed from play
>this becomes a wincon?

I don't see how anything you described even works at all, much less wins a game

Mind to share the list?

It sets you up to have the effect of TP for the next 99999 turns and relies on your opponents decking themselves to win.

Read the second post senpai. Some commanders do the perfect thing for other colour combinations, but I literally never works. The only lists that works were decks where Mana literally wasn't an issue, like Jund Xenagos or Naya nuAvacyn.

I've been testing with Jodah and I think I'll have a lot of fun with him as a super timmy commander, any mana doubler out and you can hard cast Insurrection into Titanic Ultimatum on turn 5-6 depending on ramp

If I'm dismantling a Kraj deck for Vorel and darksteel reactor, would Kraj or Momir Vig really serve any purpose in the 99?

I wanted to keep Kraj as back-up for something, but it probably isn't worth it.

I don't have one ready to post but you basically play lockdown with Azor and Propaganda, Ghostly Prison, Dovescape plus Bosejiu/Sphinx of the Final Word and a heavy flicker core to reapply the lockdown effects and then win through some grindy combat with some help from Mind Control and Clone effects stealing big creatures or your Approach.

What about Taigam, Ojutai Master or Isperia, supreme judge?

Is this the average Duel Commanders player?
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

Both are cool commanders.

I have Approach as one of the win cons of a partner do-nothing deck. Other is falcon-punching people with Bruse Tarl and Kessig Wolfrun.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/durdlefish/?cb=1520896739

Looks more like the typical U/G players. Maybe they're related.

Which are some absolutely spicy techs for a krenko deck?
I started building one because my friend was selling a lot of cards for cheap but there's a fag with an almost perfect krenko deck and I want to meme him with an unexpected move.

No it's the average U/R player. U/R is for fedora tipping atheists who watch Rick and Morty not U/G.

Never actually play your Krenko and keep stealing his.

That dosen't work and if it did it would work without needing TP because you can't use abilities or interact with things effected by it.

>Until your next turn, your life total can't change and you have protection from everything. All permanents you control phase out.

>[b][i](While they're phased out, they're treated as though they don't exist. They phase in before you untap during your untap step.

>While they're phased out, they're treated as though they don't exist

>While they're phased out, they're treated as though they don't exist[/b][/i]

>let me use my creature that is phased out and treated as though it dosen't exist, to sacrifice my enchantment that is phased out and treated as though it dosen't exist, and repeat this effect until i win
I would slap the shit out of you for trying to play something like that on my table irl, that is like "i hit whatever ball i want" baby kid billiards.

Simicfags are cancer

Izzetfags are objectively worse. Simicfags shit dies to board wipes.

you're both cancer

Dude this is the order step by step:
1)have LV and Auratog out on the field
2)cast TP, hold priority [these next actions in the list are done IN RESPONSE to casting TP]
3)activate vapors a million times, continue to hold priority
4)activate Auratog, saccing LV
5)hope TP doesn't get countered, your opponents dont have eldrazi titans or other alt win cons

Simic dindu nuffin. Momir Vig was a good boy. Needed more money for his experiments.

This seems pretty fun to play, anyone had any experience playing it?

It's quite a bit of mana, but my group is pretty slow

Attached: boneyard parley.png (265x370, 170K)

You talking trash about Simic?

Attached: Simic totem.jpg (640x468, 329K)

Your anal vibrator doesn't scare anyone.

Everyone is a peasant compared to Orzhovbros.

>thinks of sex right away
You're not much better GW sissyboy

it's called holding priority and responding to your own TP, retard

But I want to become a EDH pro player and raise butthurt in my unfriendly local game store.
Also, which are some cool 2-color decks that share a similar cardbase to Krenko?

>[Laughs in wizard]

Attached: nabandeanofiteration.jpg (265x370, 39K)

REEEEEEE BAN MOMIR VIG NOW REEEEE!
Is this real?