/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-beast-players-guide-and-night-horrors-enemy-action/
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-wraith-the-oblivion-20th-anniversary-editio/posts/2110993

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/march-marches-on-monday-meeting-notes/

>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/

>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/

>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

>Question
What was YHWH's plan for creation?

Attached: alleyway.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

First for the house of dawn, the true masters of creation

Attached: LogoHouseDevil.png (500x878, 72K)

Another Monday Meeting Notes, and Signs of Sorcery is still in "development". WTF?

Also, first for requesting Demon's Enemy Action.

Third for Team Edward

Forth for the very real possibility of Strix-Archmage supremacy

Is it really a big difference between Standard and Premium Heavyweight books? I'm looking to get some stuff through DriveThruRPG and I'm just wondering if the stuff is really worth the $40 jump in price.

>What was YHWH's plan for creation?
Furiously wank on own superiority, pretending mages, spirits, fairies, mummies don't exist. Bully Lucy. Bully Caine. Occasionally unmake uppity demons and leeches.

Anybody got that description of Porthos capturing demons and archangels in jars on hand?

Attached: a58.jpg (612x611, 33K)

Umbral angels and demons, and technically just rumors

i don't know about that user, i do know of demons capable of removing a mage's avatar

Attached: EiSzBm5.png (1003x1308, 386K)

I wonder if he got enough successes on his arete roll to kill himself.

Earthbound can literally consume and forever destroy the soul of millions of people simultaneously within a many thousand miles large radius around itself in just a turn's worth of time. The problem is that each time this power is used the yummed souls give it enough Faith to use the very same power again hundreds of times more, infinite loop of destruction

Earthbound are fucking scary, Lore of Chaos and Lore Mastery are insane

>Also, first for requesting Demon's Enemy Action.

>Apparently one of the top sellers on DTRPG
>Still nobody sharing it yet
Whose dick do I have to suck to get this PDF without actually having to give RichT money?

The various fags
>Magefags
The most common shitposter variety, even when someone else is discussing something, they feel the need to butt in on how they're better. Disliking them is the one thing every other fag agrees on. They're also sadly the only reason these threads haven't died off a year ago.

>Vampfags
The original splat, and as a result they don't like others being better than them. Wish it was still the 90s, realize VTMB is the best thing that came out of oWoD vampire. Wants to be the most nonsense powerful things, forgetting their own game sucks when things get too high above street level.

>Werefags
Furries with bara fetishes, like every other member of the "big three", they shitpost furiously at the others. Claiming to be Chads while posting images of muscular werewolves on a Pangaean basket weaving site.

>Hunterfags
The saviors of this shithole of a general, the only ones still dedicated to trying to have legitimate discussion. Much like their splat, they face dauntless odds, outnumbered and outgunned. God bless em.

>Wraith/Geistfags
Rare as fuck, never really shitpost about stuff much, usually give cool factoids about their underplayed splats.

>Changelingfags
Shitposted to extinction, or close to it. Rarely seen, usually called a fairy in both ways if they pop up.

>Mummyfags
Do not exist.

>Demonfags
Should by all rights exist, don't really. Probably for being the "strong" splat that's still not the strongest. God Machine sucks anyway.

>Beastfags
Are to be bullied on sight.

You're forgetting one user. The true masters of the threads, Bluebook fags

Lore of Chaos 5 from an Earthbound with Mastery and high Faith rating could easily cover the entire planet and destroy the Consensus just like that

Recent Hunterfags are hilarious to me since whenever something spirals out of control they just scream "WHY WON'T ANYONE TALK ABOUT HUNTER" even if there's like eight ongoing conversations about Hunter.

KhemriTV does pretty good job representing Mummy shitposters. Just replace "Nagash" with "YHWH" and elves with woofs.

Attached: Khemri_TV_Settra_elf.jpg (1200x878, 149K)

Attached: Khemri_TV_Lesbianism.png (440x332, 198K)

Posting in the new thread, are any of the SAS modules good?

Even better yet, how do you string together a scenario? I'm new to chronicles.

no they're all swj wetdreams like that trans vamp that eats Catholics for looking at 'xis' breast

>bawwww muh sjw boogie men

Grow up.

>I like futa
/d is over there faggot

Get that Reddit spacing off Veeky Forums

what are good setting books to start with for vampire? i want to storytell but a lot of the books look complicated

Different kind, those are literally living memes (high umbral spirits)

How did they get rid of all the shitty freelancers and still keep RichT?

I mean, okay, literally all the freelancers are bad, all hail the komodo, blah blah, but seriously?

Attached: Anno is best girl.gif (390x290, 185K)

RichT is like the only actual employee of OPP, also the boss. Are you high?

I think I had some sort of seizure and crossed shadowrun with CofD's licensing situation again.

Nevermind.

Did you see what he did to Wraith 20th? Or Mage 20th for that matter -- it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if he had just done his job, slapped Phil on the wrist, and told him to go in the timeout corner before he got carried away.

>Should by all rights exist, don't really. Probably for being the "strong" splat that's still not the strongest.

Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Attached: demons fragile cover.png (1200x900, 1.68M)

>w20
>allowing a copy to go out to backers with dodge
Disgusting. Almost as disgusting a m20

What about the minorsplatfags?

The half dozen people who turn up, drop two posts about their favourite ghouls/wardens/infinite macabre/may allah forgive me, fansplat players, and then vanish into the night?

>The saviors of this shithole of a general, the only ones still dedicated to trying to have legitimate discussion. Much like their splat, they face dauntless odds, outnumbered and outgunned. God bless em.

Either a deluded hunterfag or someone engaging in ironic shitposting trollplay as being a hunterfag. They are the only kind of poster more fixated on PVP than Tremerefag and Magefags.

YHWH doesn't exist.
>COFD

Since the strongest advantage of Unchained is that they can't really be detected and nobody really knows they exist, I think if I had a DtD player, the first time they break cover and get a Hunted condition, they'd get a high ranking angel or swarm of low ranking angels that just gangstalk the demon to death.

>No, you can't change Covers when you are being watched.
>You are still being watched.

One, the analyst, welds itself to the demon and simply follows it in Twilight, maybe even "gluing" itself to the demon with manifestation conditions. A psychopomp turns the demon into Infrastructure with Create Influence, allowing angels to hook up to it and recharge, or even other demons to do so if they think about it. They increase the difficulty of compromise checks, and bully them, but don't usually attack. They influence humans to spy on them and follow them around.

The Destroyer is pretty weak but typically survives destruction and typically just shows up and starts stabbing or beating him, like Mr. Shivers. Its mission is to attack the demon, but the mission has nothing to do with whether it kills him or not. The demon is not sure whether the Destroyer is the same angel each time or a number of different ones.

>"Oh boy, I can recharge aether at home for some reason! Wait, what?"

The Psychopomp is probably the most dangerous, as it uses Create Infrastructure to turn the demon, his house, his friends, etc. into Infrastructure, further penalizing compromise rolls.

The Guardian got confused and thinks he's supposed to protect the demon. It does so by crafting biomechanical monstrosities out of any bodies and broken things lying around. It hides them in the demon's house, trunk, attic, "upgrades" friends and family, etc. They become A N G E R Y when the demon is attacked but have a hard time knowing what's going on, and usually just start smashing things.

The Messenger is the one that actually organizes humans. It tells hobos to sort through the demon's garbage.

Attached: Demon Character Concept3.jpg (3508x2670, 553K)

Sorcs and sovereigns are the best of them, imo.

This doesn't seem like good STing unless the Demon is part of a strong group of other players to help them resolve the issue.

They probably won't think to do so, but ephemeral beings can simply be outran and then probably won't be able to find them until their next Compromise roll.

Anyone dedicated to PVP isn't a Hunterfag.

Hunterfags know that a fight should always be unfair, and never against another PC-type character.

Nice projecting though.

Ah yes, no true hunterfags.

>implying that there are even enough hunter players in the general to discuss shit, let alone PvP
user.
That said, as one of the few idiots that does play hunter, this wait for new news is killing me

We did some discussing last thread. Until the mage shitposting reached critical capacity.

The post was ... discussing the way xfags act, and hunterfags are mostly "hunters are a hivemind of my dude who can kill ur dude xD." That, and lamenting that there is no discussion of hunter, but not discussing hunter.

Boring.

What is the best Dread Power style creep, and why is it Witches?

Honestly, Witches have a deep enough system to be playable PCs themselves, while being a much bigger relief on the ST than trying to keep track of what a Mage can and can't do to your Hunters.

Witches are almost the best because they have mage armor and "gives you a stroke coincidentally" (the main things mages are known for), and their tiers n gnosis system is great.

It'd be great to blend the two systems somehow.

I say almost because the heroes system is probably better than the original.

Heroes as in the Beast antagonists?

Do they use a different system than Dread Powers? I've honestly never read that section of the Beast book because I've only ever skimmed it.

Ya. And in BtP they use their own, dangerously weak system; the coolest Hero, a paralyzed little girl who haunts Beests in the dream land for what they did to her but has intense ephemera stats, can't be mechanically represented in Beast, only in Hunter's system.

In Hunter, they can be treated as having a WP based power stat, and using their powers on non beasts (at the cost of +2 wp). There's also a merit to reflect stronger dream forms, etc.

Tooth and Nail seems to be straight up beasts and heroes (in contrast to witchfinder, variant vampires in night stalkers, etc), just like the demons in Mortal Coil seem to be straight up demons/infrastructure.

Why don't you play an Arcadian Sidhe, user?

Attached: 1518249067792.jpg (1240x1754, 1.21M)

because fae is gay

Just play VTMB

Twilight desu

This user. VTMB perfectly captures the modern side of Vampire and is a brilliant source of inspiration for multiple splatlines.

and it manages to do fishmalks without them being, well, fishmalks. Thank christ.

Attached: 0f809ebb8bc3ab1212120e40c570fcfd38ae3376.jpg (491x812, 57K)

He did. To be completely fair, he was fighting Usiel, who was extremely powerful. It's worth noting that in the Greg Stolze trilogy, Avatars are the sparks of dead angels. (Usiel is the combat-specc'd Fallen. He also fights a corrupted Hunter at one point of the book.)

>Greg Stolze trilogy
Oh I own those. I should probably read them one of these days. Didn't realize they were by Stolze.

Whoa, that sounds orgasmic.

For some reason, Book 2 has a substantial drop in quality. Which is a shame, because the viewpoint character of Book 2 is Gaviel of the Summer Sun, the signature character for Demon.

I'd say Book 3 is much better, but Book 1 is still the best one.

Are there any limits on how many critters with Family Ties a beast can have up at once?

Witches are a ton of fun with interesting mechanics, a wide array of options (but a few are missing in my eyes like shapeshifting into humand and buffing your physical stats) and a simple but fun resource to play with.

If you want to create a Hero for your Beast game then Tooth and Nail is the way to go, and there's quite a few fun dreaming powers in the book as well. The Compacts and Conspiracy in there are a bit hit and miss, but the rules are pretty solid.

Attached: Hunter - Witches.pdf (PDF, 1.94M)

>Be Sidhe
>Use Chronos 5 and keep myself from ageing for a decade
>Continue to do this for eternity
>Somehow no other Changeling has thought to use this

Attached: 1516617793016.jpg (1024x699, 144K)

Watching the aeons turn and everything you love die is probably pretty banal.

What? Changelings appear to mostly die of "old age" (Banality) long before their body starts to take decrepitude problems, afaik.

No reason why they couldn't, but they simply tend to cease to exist entirely on their own.

They can totally make a business out of doing it to other Changelings, though.

>not just taking the Vizier route in the far superior nuchangeling and becoming an immortal god-wizard.

Until someone slips a crown on your head, anyway.

Speaking of Changeling: The Dreaming, do Changelings have a way to "ascend" into some kind of higher form like Mages do? Or is that not an option for them?

>not just taking the Vizier route

What's all this about?

There's something like Golconda for them, where you can perfectly balance Banality and Glamour to live forever, I believe.

No love for Promethean?

One of the changeling entitlements basically makes them immortal, gives them a permanent sanity buff and makes it cheaper to buy contracts.

But if you're *ever* declared a ruler, you lose them all at once. And some extra clarity. And most of them tend to be declared ruler by acclaim, then immediately age into nothingness while going crazy and berserk with magic. There's some fiction fluff on one of them. Autumn-something?

It's from NuWod's Changeling: The Loreless

Alright, what's that called and where can I find info about it?

Oh I see, pretty cool.

Not someone with much experience with changeling here. How do you get declared a ruler?

It's in Equinox road. They need wyrd 7 (like I said, equinox road), politics/occult 3, 12 dots of contracts. See attached for privileges.
If everyone else says "You're in charge of the freehold", well, tough shit. You're now in charge, and no longer the sorcerers adviser. So long, privileges.

Attached: Pacts.png (640x832, 481K)

So you need to carefully balance you being an asshole to the point where nobody wants you in charge, but you're still competent enough that you can stay in the background forever.

Here.

Attached: 1519085361499.png (424x338, 85K)

No hard mechanics to obtain it, then. Alright, thanks.

>If everyone else says "You're in charge of the freehold", well, tough shit. You're now in charge, and no longer the sorcerers adviser. So long, privileges.

Oof. Nasty.

It might be in one of the older books.

Nice thanks.

In CWoD, what actually is a Soul? Is the system the same for Mage as it is for Vampire when it comes to buying investments from demons?

Isle of the Mighty has an unstatted Bogan named Megan who is in it.

And the Eshu kithbook has Dice, but he's more aggravating than the Nickutu that killed Baba Yaga.

Its been like 18 years, so my memory's a bit fuzzy. I do know the system varies between editions of the same gameline.

Earlier stuff tends to use the same 1-10 scale.

Later stuff tends to give SHITLOADS of soul points, with complicated legal sessions (this system showed up for KotE and later Mage), and if you roll really good, you can actually get a round of investments for free!

The Devil's Due system bears a superficial resemblance to the previous system solely because of the "giant pile of soul points" system.

And finally, V20 brings back a weird 1-10 investment scale, iirc.

Unlike in nwod, where souls and goasts are usually not linked, in owod, wraiths and souls definitely are.

Sounds like a good hook for a serious left turn in a story.

>This was one cheeky pooka's description of the Kiasyd

>NuWod fags wank over powerlevels for pixies
>meanwhile patrician OWoD players have fulfilling adventures, testing their wits against insurmountable odds

Attached: 1520857053527.gif (448x256, 124K)

Attached: Bait holy shit.jpg (3000x3000, 220K)

Come to think of it, what is the go-to source for when it comes to demonic investments?

>Another week, another "SoS in development"
>Try not to cry
>Cry a lot
There was a mention in one of the blogs that Dave and Rose were reading through the SoS, that Dave was mostly satisfied with it and it would likely get out of development soon.

Blog was literally like 3 months ago...

Also for heaven's sake, please somebody finally share the Demon pdf, the other user was right, Rich can go fuck himself.

So how many demonic investments can a mortal body contain?

Groom a dynasty to rule in your stead. Be that way-too-old to actually run things wise grandfather.
Do that without going Vizier, shortcuts are banal.
Take throne you never wanted in the hour of the dire need anyway, burn for it.

Attached: Malcador_the_Sigillite.jpg (360x660, 81K)

>Dreamspeaker, Fianna and an Autumn Sidhe

Any user got advice on how to balance this party?

>Vampires and fire do not get along, user.

There is a discipline that makes them get along.

>their own game sucks when things get too high above street level
I need a source on that.

>vampire meets a werewolf
>dies
>vampire meets a human holding a cigarette
>dies
>mage is made away that there's a vampire in the area
>dies

Irrelevant to my post.

There's a discipline that helps downgrade their resistance. It's still mind bogglingly fucking stupid, and this is in a book that features a discipline to turn you into a giant angry rock monster for a few turns.

God, are we going to let this consume two threads? Is this something that has happened since Dave started daveposting and that shitstorm over what counts as human ate a solid month's worth of threads?

downgrade the damage/vulnerability*, fucking hell.

Attached: 1504851443555 (1).jpg (994x1500, 314K)

It's called Fortitude wolfag