So what're halflings even good for? What kind of character concepts can they do better than other races...

So what're halflings even good for? What kind of character concepts can they do better than other races? Why can't we just cut them up and roll them into gnomes?

Attached: __yodarha_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_nekumun__2b06f35bdbcc21d0b1b7fe1a6ea0c411.jpg (1013x714, 396K)

Because gnomes are even less popular

Are you writing from an alternate dimension, where people actually play gnomes?

They’re good for sizeplay.

I play gnomes. They be my gniggas.

Loli race.

>some halflings are secretly expert assassins
>the species' facade of complacency leads enemies to underestimate them
>tobacco pipes are disguised blowpipes
>among the hundreds of barrels of beer in the cellar are a few laced with poison

Attached: GURPS Pyramid 3-33.png (396x355, 17K)

In my settings i usually dont use them as PCs but as monsters. They plague the lands like locust eating all the harvest and sometimes even devour farmanimals and man alike. Once a hafling has eaten its fill it burrows deep underground where it begins sprouting into a treant. Once its metamorphosis is complete the treant doesnt keep his memories of its Former life, as far as the treant is concerned its always been a treant and the forestfolk Honor it for its great wisdom. Unbeknownst to them, once the treant blooms and Drops seeds, the halfling plague arises anew

Current campaign setting has them, gnomes and dorfs all rolled into one species with them being distinct ethnic groups.

Either halflings or gnomes are like the good aligned version of goblins, although I'm not sure which one.

Attached: 1520939505852.png (1024x1889, 226K)

Halfling are good at being fantasy gypsies, since they're already less than human.

I've yet to see a version of the gnome race done well in an RPG.

Check out Eberron. But even there they'd work better if you rolled them into gnomes.

>So what're halflings even good for?
You can't spell "halfling" without a "fling".

Dwarves are fighting and crafting shorties
Gnomes are magical and inventing shorties
Halflings are thieving and farming shorties

They have their niche

I'd love to have a fling with one

They are Bilbo

neither halflings nor gnomes should be in your setting at all. they are absolutely redundant.

but i play a magical thieving farmer dwarf

hill dwarf adopted by gnomes I see

In our campaign we just do
Gnome > Small Elf
Halfling > Small Human

actually yes, that is exactly his background

In my setting, it's gnomes, due to the influence of Majesty: the Fantasy Kingdom Sim (which never suggested such directly, but their version of gnomes are small, weak, ugly, but reproduce very quickly, so it seems like a natural comparison).

So then what do the Eberron gnomes do? Get rolled into halflings? Eberron is one of the few settings where gnomes and halflings are unquestionably distinct, with no overlap at all besides being short.

Dragonlance is the other.

neither dwarves nor elves should be in your setting at all. they are absolutely redundant.

Initially I wanted a halfling squre. But as the character concept evolved in my head it was changed to a goblin