Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Tau hiding until 9th edition

>Necron Leaks:
3plusplus.net/2018/03/necron-codex-leak/

>New Imperial Knights:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/

>Fire Warrior Review:
youtube.com/watch?v=yDh_aoyZT38

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

Attached: Stealth suit.jpg (474x315, 12K)

First for Gold

Attached: Laughs in Gold.jpg (775x775, 91K)

so is the tau codex actually that bad?

FIRST FOR DREADNOUGHTS

Attached: 1475283839854.png (259x245, 156K)

FIRES OF CYRAXUS

Attached: 4.jpg (640x480, 52K)

TOO SLOW GRAMPS

Attached: 1516169654225.jpg (850x478, 80K)

Yes.

GK tier easily. At least GKs are still cool and fluffy.

My opinion: Bad enough that I'm thinking of painting, saran wrapping the collection, and shoving it in storage until 9th edition comes out.

Markerlights are worse by far from 7e to 8e, and slightly worse from 8e index to 8e codex.

No vehicle upgrades

With many armies able to apply a -1 to hit to their opponents, we have only one way to get a +1 to hit. We're a shooty army that can't shoot.

Wargear and upgrades moved to stratagems, wargear turned to relic equivalent, wargear that remains had point costs increased.

We got a few discounts and two weapons got a slight buff.

no. fishgundam players are upset and thats it.

I was going to ask why someone would make a guilliman model but then it occured to me that even TTS in't safe from WAACfags.

Not all of us spammed commanders.

I only just bought one after the restriction became known. I've always done infantry supported by heavy armor.

Can I use ceramite white as a primer? It seems thick enough

You can, but it won'd bond strongly, so you'll wind up with paint flaking off.

also
>thin yo paints
>2 thin coats
>drink your paint water

Attached: uBsDyVi.jpg (238x192, 11K)

No. It'll cover badly, clump repeatedly, dry out as soon as you turn your back and won't stick well to the base plastic. It's a crappy paint and a worse primer, and you want to paint from darker to light (even corax is more like ulthuan grey).

RIP

Attached: images (24).jpg (287x512, 10K)

Can we wait for the last general to be on at least page 8 before making a new general? Otherwise we end up 3.

It's pretty fucking lackluster. The only semi-decent anti-tank is still fusion blaster Commanders (which are limited to one per detachment) and now Broadsides which are still nowhere near the effectiveness of Commanders.

>We're a shooty army that can't shoot.

This is the kind of bullshit impotent rage thats making the tau codex look worse than it is. If you can roll dice, you can shoot.

They are an army that is going to pull its flexibility and damage spike potential out of stratagems and pretty much any unit that isn't fire caste exists to keep the fire caste alive long enough to fuck up anything dumb enough to get in front of their guns. They handle hordes well, they can handle tough things well too.

My apologies. I'll hold my enthusiasm better next time.

Now go commit sudoku

F

>Bad enough that I'm thinking of painting, saran wrapping the collection, and shoving it in storage until 9th edition comes out.
I think you should do just that

Daily reminder to respect your Eldar

Attached: 0C566C5C-EC9A-44B6-8BDA-8AA3D9930E86.jpg (1183x1753, 1.67M)

BS2+ commanders were a mistake.

I only respect the REAL Eldar.

Attached: 1520053578712.jpg (877x620, 69K)

Its been a thing that has irked me for a while. Eldar, with rare exception, are WS 3+ AND BS 3+, as well as faster than Tau.

Our elite options, our best soldiers, are WS 5+ BS 4+. We shoot on par with IG, and cost more.

If our thing is supposed to be accuracy and mobility, why aren't we at least tied for best in one of those categories?

>If you can roll dice, you can shoot.

Do you know what a retard sounds like? If you don't try recording yourself and give it a listen.

How did it come to pass that Eldar/DE have become more lewded than the SoB?

Hai, sifu.

Attached: sudoku.jpg (550x550, 46K)

Tau's thing has never been accuracy, it's been firepower.

I quit Tau the moment the codex leaks we're confirmed. All hope is lost. I just switched armies and never been happier.

Interacting only in the shooting phase and shooting on 4+ is just not fun.

They have models.

I'll reveal you a secret user. The interceptor is actually better than the Stormtalon even against not-flying targets, simply because of the bigger fire output.

Your thing was never accuracy or mobility, you're letting 7e blind you. Your thing has always been overwhelming firepower and advanced technology. They also took this from you, but it's not what you were claiming.

So, is the Tau's claim to fame S5 weaponry?

Can't be that surprising, elves are fanservice even in the year 40k

Attached: 1401879037298.jpg (662x1100, 118K)

When you're hitting everything on a 5+ because of army-wide modifiers like Altoic or Alpha Legion, no, you're not pulling any kind of damage flexibility out of stratagems because you can't fucking hit anything. And to add insult to injury, there's not even a -1 to hit tactic for Tau to use in return.

I did in

>No vehicle upgrades
>Wargear and upgrades moved to stratagems, wargear turned to relic equivalent, wargear that remains had point costs increased.

Tau BTFO. Suck it fags

Agreed. It's clear tau players can't handle BS2+, and it makes markerlights, the thematic core of the army, useless because instead your hero commander can, without help, do everything.

Firepower that can't hit anything is useless.

knights were a mistake

Second for flagellant kit, I used it for arco-flagellants. I mean their weapons don't have any special rules beyond a normal CCW, so I used the blinded heads and shoved their weapons onto stumpy arms to make them a bit more grimdark.

Just be aware of how small the flagellant heads are under all the hair, tried to use a couple in my BB Chaos Renegades team but they just looked weird.

Attached: IMAG0460.jpg (1521x853, 167K)

On basic troops, yes.

You can hit, you just want to hit more for free.

Everyone agrees -1 to hit traits can fuck off for everyone, you're not the only one who suffers.

I won't disagree, but is it too much to ask for BS 3+ Crisis suits?

guys can somebody please explain the intro to warhammer 40,000: regicide to me? I have no fucking idea how this ties into the game

None of that is what took away your overwhelming firepower. Tau USED to be one of the few armies that could regularly pop a land raider or monolith in 1 shot, and they could take that gun in groups of 6. They used to kill transports with their basic guns, or at least blow the guns off them. They used to wipe out whole squads with missiles. That's what defined Tau until 7th ed cheese rolled around. The Rail Gun needs to be D2d6 at LEAST imo to help bring that feeling back.

F

Yeah, kind of. At least when I started back in 4th. And since then come to think about it. Sure not only that but their weapons are their thing not the accuracy.

They have never had good ballistic skill.

Don't joke about this

I have two more Bullgryns to paint and can't decide which scheme I want to do going forward. Left was supposed to be a green marble veined with gold, animated statue kind of look. Right was obviously normal fleshy tones. Any thoughts, tg?

Attached: Bullgryn Comparison.jpg (2048x1228, 134K)

>for free

When everything is priced like you're shooting at Marine BS it's not free.

Found this on the /tv/ board. What do you have to say for yourselves?

>Why are western nerds so obsessed with Jews?

>Seriously, I live in Hong Kong and came to the US. During school and among people with jobs and etc. I never heard about Jews or had people going on about them constantly. In China Jews are just viewed as richer/smarter white people

>Then I get into warhammer 40,000 because I'm a weirdo with lots of money, and all of the fat shutins at the gaming stores are constantly yelling "oy vey!" and are obsessed with Hitler and blame Jews for everything. It's so bad that simply bringing up money has them all rubbing their hands and arching their backs because I guess that's something Jews do? Recently they've started wearing kakistani flags on their shirts and drink milk because it "triggers libtards". It's fucking repulsive and cringey and I am embarrassed and worried someone will find out I hang around with these people sometimes

>It's like 2 different worlds. Go to work and nobody cares about Jews and are clean shaven, go to gaming store or the like and all of these fat man-children congregate and start raging about how the jews stole their girlfriends.

I read somewhere that these guys had some kind of interaction with Asmodai of the Dark Angels in the new fluff; can anyone source me on that? They're my favourite chapter so I like seeing their appearances.

Attached: Relictors_Battle-Brother.jpg (312x474, 55K)

I haven't one-shut anything in so long I forget what it's like... Last game, it took me three turns to pop a monolith with focused fire.

Who's joking?

Please

>animated statue kind of look
Why?

Conceptually cool with the statue, but it doesn't work here.

one-shot, not one-shut

Exactly. Tau guns shouldn't be marine accurate, but they SHOULD fucking HURT when they hit. That's what you're missing, that's the secret to what makes Tau unique. Fuck. Huge. GUNS.

S5 in 8e is not the same as S5 in past editions. You wound tanks on the same roll as a bolter, so that's gone. You no longer wound T3 on a 2+, so that's gone. You still wound T4 on a 3+, but anything with T4 usually has S4, so it's also wounding your infantry on a 3+. And on top of that, you've got Space Marines and CSM running around with wound re-roll bubbles and a +1 to wound stratagem.
S5 is no longer a justification for having shit BS.

So, accept BS 4+, ask for more s5+ and all around AP buffs?

>tau used to be an overpowered faction
>we need our guns buffed to make them overpowered again!
how about you learn to win battles using skill like the rest of us non tau/eldar players have for the past 7 editions.

statue, while looking nice, is fucking stupid, because bullgryns arent animated statues

Mobility has always been a key element of Tau from the get go. Especially considering that they fluffwise literally don't hold ground and pretty much just use rapid deployment strikes.

Because I thought the idea was neat? Also seemed like a good way at the time to make the Bullgryns fit better into my army thematically. I have IG made into Squats

you can't compare one faction to another like that- you're missing a lot of the finer details.

Eldar don't have any cheap screener units like kroot and are reliant on things like cover. Playing eldar is a lot less forgiving than playing tau (and tau isn't a very forgiving army to begin with).

The only thing that really didn't improve with tau over their index were the markerlights, but markerlight spam was a real problem that needed balancing.

...you thought living statues fit in with an army of squats?

Google it user =(

Only works if your whole army is like that to give it a game piece feel.

Higher AP and more importantly higher damage.

I have never played Tau, but when I got into 40k in 3e I picked up DE, one buddy of mine picked up Crons, another Nids, and another Tau, so I am intimately familiar with what makes Tau Tau. They were only ever OP because of Fish of Fury and 7e RIPtide Wing. 4th and 5th they were balanced as fuck, even a little weak in 5th, even though they had exactly what I'm describing. Just because you started in 7th doesn't mean it's the only edition.

That was the thing for Crisis Suits only, which they still have. I admit, they should have kept JSJ, but that's the only mobility you lost. FW have had to hoof it or take shit transports since your race started existing.

The problem with mobility is that an army that can fly all over the place AND shoot anything off the table is incredibly boring for most armies and a hard counter to a number of armies who simply can't do anything but hope something gets a good/bad roll somewhere.

Well dwarfs like ancestor statues? So maybe?
Fair enough though, maybe I'll just use that one as an objective marker, or strip it.

>not annihilating every unit you throw dice at
my recent notable unit wipes:
>Chief Librarian Tigurius killed by 3 Transuranic Arquebus shots in his eyes and mouth
>Saim-hann farseer (warlord) killed by nephilim jetfighter
>Robute's Primaris Apothecary killed by Vindicare Assassin (DAMAGE 6)
>9 flamers of tzeentch killed by Questor Mechanicus Avenger Gatling cannon and Icarus Autocannon (that one was orgasmic)

Attached: 1518217222682.jpg (500x577, 70K)

it would make a cool objective marker just not a good active model

>get more than 1 commander
Commander spam
>get more than 1 fire warrior
Fire Warrior spam
>get more than 1 markerlight
Markerlight spam
>get more than 1 drone
Drone spam
>get more than 1 Riptide
Riptide spam

Holy fuck, you're an idiot.

Tau riptide wing was never OP, you can't prove me wrong

>I have never played Tau
>I am intimately familiar with what makes Tau Tau
clearly not

Speaking of Bullgryn, I want to put 4 in a Chimera. Would 3 + 1 Bodyguard be good or just 4? I figure the Bodyguard gives me more wounds and he can attack different units.

It's the lack of multiple damage that's the problem. Dark Eldar, Marines, even fucking Guard can field masses of long-range D6 damage weaponry. The Hammerhead Railgun is 72" S10 -4 AP but it still does fucking 1D6 damage. For a ~160pt vehicle, that's atrocious. The situation has been slightly improved by Broadsides dropping to ~120pts, and having a 2-shot railgun at S8, but they still only have BS4+.

You are becoming hysterical.

Attached: You always know a Working Joe.png (1024x576, 553K)

Sure, playing against Tau every single weekend for more than a Decade means I don't know fuck about the army. Only counts if I rolled the dice. The feeling of those 6 sided pieces of plastic is where all the juicy knowledge is.

Fuck off retard.

>I don't know fuck about the army
This is what I'm trying to tell you, dumbass

>Shooty
>Movey
>Not sqishy
Pick two and only two.

Markerlight spam was countered by killing the fucking units that had the markerlights.

>Mfw I brought a 40 Ratling list to a tournament and killed Magnus T1 with Mortal Wounds
God that was so fucking dumb, but I nutted so hard

Attached: 1472392745425.jpg (500x531, 100K)

What is the best chapter and why is it crimson fists?

Attached: images (3).jpg (250x275, 24K)

>Mexican anything
>Best
I can't wait for Trump's wall

>Guilliman soup is countered by killing the Guilliman

No, Executioners are the best, though Crimson Fists are right up there

Attached: 403px-ExecutionerIA10.jpg (403x599, 93K)

Wrong. Best chapter is Your Dudes

Did I complain about being squishy? No, just the lack of high damage output compared to other armies.

Did you shoot Magnus with other stuff too?

>implying Crimson Fists aren't clearly Spanish Tercios
What are you, a stupid?

If you can't kill Pathfinders, a T3 unit with a 5+ save, you're literally retarded.

oh my god, my buddy just got magnus and I need to do this with space marine snipers haha
do you actually own 40 ratlings?

Attached: 1520780145518m.jpg (1024x1024, 31K)

That's the thing, they aren't that squishy.