Protip: Because your players likely have an extreme aversion to MLP for being a show aimed at elementary age girls...

Protip: Because your players likely have an extreme aversion to MLP for being a show aimed at elementary age girls, you can steal plotlines of entire episodes wholehog for your Fantasy game, with only minor tweaking to make them slightly darker and less horse related, and they will never find out and will just think you're a great DM.

>The billowing smoke from a sleeping dragon chokes a nearby village. They quake in fear. Still too weak to fight a dragon head-on, how will you find a way to help them?
>At a coronation you've been invited to because you're big dang heroes now you notice the Prince to be crowned is acting strangely. After tailing him, he decides you are too much of a threat, reveals himself as a Fey changeling and magically teleports you into the catacombs below, where you find the body of the original Prince. Surely he is after the king's magic scepter, which controls the barrier magic protecting the kingdom. Can you make it back to the surface in time, stop the coronation, and save the kingdom from a Fey invasion?

Obviously Technicolor Smallhorse isn't the only thing to steal from, anything your players would never touch in a million years but would still make for good quest material in the corresponding genre works. If your players are total illiterates, even like the RA Salvatore books might work.

Just saying, if you're strapped for ideas for a session, this is a technique to save you.

Attached: a-cartoon-illustration-of-a-lizard-burglar-stealing-money-HXN7DM.jpg (1300x1328, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v3161
derpibooru.org/1163117
youtu.be/Uin6b2iGy9E
youtu.be/rZQpIaaCUq8
youtu.be/kiNz5HZ2oio
youtu.be/iDPA9kMtzjo
youtu.be/VnSxejv2W0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most /mlp/ episodes are too character driven. But stealing some of the monsters, magical items, or weird curses from the show isn't a bad idea.

There's a pretty chance SOMEBODY will recognize it though, and depending on how autistic your group is they may be butthurt about it, for whatever reason. Really people who treat /mlp/ material as a boogyman are pretty pathetic in general, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Try it, fucko
I'm saying my next character worships the pretty pink embodiment of love from the Frozen North

These ideas are lame, and you are a bad GM.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

But OP isn't breaking any rules?

Garbage stays in containment boards.

>Most /mlp/ episodes are too character driven.
That just means that your game will diverge from the episode plot pretty quickly.

Then why are you still here?

>triggered subhuman fairy ponyfaggot

Moods?

lol

>when you can't come up with a comeback but you still need to reply because you still think you're being judged based on your accumulated posts even though on this website you're anonymous

>when you legitimately enjoy, sexualize, and are so gripped by autism that you learn social queues from a cartoon for little girls

The absolute fucking state of ponyfags. I thought we solved this problem in like 2013

OP:
>lifting and modifying stories from media you know your players aren't familiar with can be a good way to come up with RPG plots

this fella:
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE smolhorse

>OP exemplifies the worst of Veeky Forums with a fetish thread whose veil is so thin as to be monomolecular, while shilling an IP that is cancerous to a degree that would make Fukushima ground-zero cleanup crews look like the picture of health
>Anons rightly make accusations of faggotry in the uttermost
>rumprustled ponyfaggots, still obsessed with the supreme cocktail of literal faggotry and literal autism that is MLP, and still fuming with mixed feelings of insecurity and persecution, like the worst furfags of the 2000s, swarm in defence
IT IS LIKE CERAMIC VESSELS

>still mad about the cartoon horses
OP is legitimate tho, this works with pretty much anything (Homestuck, Steven Universe, even shitty systems like Numenara !) ie every setting that has some neat ideas but that has attracted retards both attacking and defending it
Also, imagine sperging about Homestuck now that it's dead. That's how you look when you act like a retard about barneys. No one fucking cares, and for good reasons

Attached: 1424805249886.gif (320x240, 3.52M)

Oh shit do we have a second barneyfag?

I already suspect several of them are closet bronies. No reason to let them think they are welcome to be public about it

What's a barneyfag

Barneyfag is an absolute lunatic who trolls the boards looking for any trace of pony so he can screech autistically at whoever posted it, generally much to the amusement of everyone else. AFAIK, his reasoning is that he was in special ed and they made him watch Barney the Dinosaur, and MLP reminds him of that so it legitimately triggers him into fits of apoplectic rage

Except none of those things are as explicitly called out in the rules as stuff you can’t discuss outside of its containment board the same way your shitty horse fingerpaints are. The fact you continue to push this shit and then cry about your victim complex just further shows how justified banning that garbage was.

Funny as it is, doesn't in any way change the supreme faggociousness and autism that is MLP and the fanbase

I think at this point the anti-pony people are a lot more autistic. Horsefuckers are generally content to keep their sperging to their containment cell, but the Contra-horsefucker Internet Defense Force start frothing at the mouth any time it's mentioned and screeching like rabid chimps at the thought of people liking a cartoon

There is some bretty good ideas from that show if you give em a twist here and there.

>Defeating a chaos god because they're too busy fucking about and underestimated your ability to get the 6 mcguffin artefacts online again.
>Guardian spirit that enters people's dreams to physically fight the nightmares their people have.
>Lich-thing that is intrinsically bound to a city of lost souls, so to restore one is to restore another until he is properly slain. However, the key to kill him for good is sealed in the lost city, to to even attempt to stop him and save the people means releasing him.

I've done this with myths and legends from around the world for my group, and haven't been caught once. Heck, even with urban legends and and other more contemporary stories. Kinda sad really.

horses has quite a few good mustache twirling villains, always useful if you lack inspiration for evil speeches/monologues

How is "steal plots from a children's cartoon because I'm lazy" a "thinly veiled fetish thread" in your eyes? I think you're projecting a little.

but people aren't discussing pone user
they are talking about the frames and legends of pone, not pone itself; ie you can talk about russian legends for worldbuilding purposes without mentionning russia or it being relevant, and that's exactly what's happening here

user, autistic people don't have a theory of mind and can't realize that other people think differently, so he assumes that everyone else also gets a raging three incher at the thought of cartoon horses

The whole plot about the shapeshifters is pretty good, mimics and shapeshifter are criminally underused in most settings nowadays

>no theory mind
>no pon
only bitterd

Attached: bitterd.png (640x960, 615K)

Most of the character driven stuff might be tough, but there's some good stuff elsewhere
>The BBEG has intimate knowledge of the group dynamic, and can attempt to convince one to change sides
If I ever discover something like this though, I will absolutely call the GM out on it.

You can also just steal from the bestiary of obscure franchises and re-fluff them as needed.
I don't care where it came from as long as it makes some sense to be there and is cool.

Attached: Cragadile_ID_S4E2.png (718x406, 311K)

Are you having a stroke?

The Tantabus is also a good generic idea you can apply to someone or something magical. It's just massive guilt and nightmare that personifies and literally starts to tear its way of of the prison of the mind.

Alright I got one. See if you can guess the source material.
>Young kid works at an oddities and curiosities shop
>Tries to perform magic shows, but sucks at it
>One day, an unexpected shipment arrives
>Since he's basically the intern, it falls to him to take care of it
>Discovers the shipment is a spellbook
>In fact, the spellbook is alive!
>The book makes a deal: it will help him be a better magician, and he just has to use it
>Only problem is the spellbook is evil and is slowly convincing the kid to use eviler and eviler magic
>Both he and the book grow stronger through the use of these wicked magicks
>He's starting to cause some real problems
>The whole city has fallen into disrepair
>And during a festival of all times!
>The heroes have to stop this kid before he becomes too powerful to deal with

Care Bears?

Not obscure enough I guess

>Barneyfag is an absolute lunatic who trolls the boards looking for any trace of pony so he can screech autistically at whoever posted it
Actually, he makes the threads himself and then switches IPs to start complaining about them. Apparently he forgot to switch IPs once and got caught samefagging due to poster count.

This kills the horsefucker.

Attached: 1396867574511.jpg (1140x900, 359K)

I almost thought it was Nexo Knights, but then I realized it was

Fantastic

Poorly drawn anime sluts?

That's where we are.

>9-10

Attached: 200.jpg (640x368, 125K)

I don't understand.

haha, missed that one

I feel this is Carebears.

Pfff hahaha, you fool, I have a pad addled marine vet with three < 8 year old daughters, a literal fedora wearing skinny as bronie running in my game circulations, and a husband wife duo with two little girls, the wife loves the show.

The marine vet learned to like the show through his daughters and has a Rainbow Dash keychain they sent him while he was overseas.

Several other members have knowledge of the show so that shit is right out.

I only let my power level slip once to the fedora wearer with a misspoke reference, and a told him to keep quiet about it.

Attached: 6E1235D7-2094-4EF0-88DD-398556EE2C20.jpg (287x271, 16K)

>The billowing smoke from a sleeping dragon chokes a nearby village. They quake in fear. Still too weak to fight a dragon head-on, how will you find a way to help them?
Literally an episode of Samurai Jack.

Not bad. Rename it, make it nastier, and purge it of all pone forever, and it’ll work.

I think it's specifically the characters portrayed. Might have to do with how the show looks cheery then turns out not to be. Or how (sexually fueled) friendship ruins everything in that show

Most horsefuckers follow virtual Veeky Forums divegrass, and their team was recently denied a cup victory by the anime lesbians of /u/. In the end, the game was resolved by penalties that went on until the 10th horsefucker failed to score.

Fantastic.

>shapeshifter are criminally underused in most settings nowadays
Mostly because if you throw "shapeshifters have infiltrated the government" at the average RPG group, they will decide that basically everyone they meet from then on is probably a shapeshifter.

I saw a screencap of the catalog of their containment board shortly after the game. /u/ sent them to the glue factory and served them a mountain of salt cubes as a last meal.

BROTIP: People are still REEEEEing over Homosuck.

Little Shop of Horrors.

Rightly so, because it sucks and is for homofaggotuals.

I actually had a huge row with my group (and why I no longer DM for them), because I think Kyubey had the right idea.

HI user I LOST THE CUP FOR YOU

Attached: image.png (484x484, 155K)

It USED to be good. Up until they introduced the trolls and relationshit drama.

We ARE a containment board, moron. And this thread applies to what we contain.

Hidden autism is still autism.

This is Veeky Forums, we're all autistic. The least you can do is hide it, but antihorsefuckers tend to be loud and proud

>protip: retards and homestucks are still REEEEEEing about homestuck
fix'd

>You will never understand that other people have distinct ideas and viewpoints of their own, and don't share your lust for Rainbow Dash
Why live?

It's OK. Here's something you can play to take your mind off of /mlp/'s performance this year:
vndb.org/v3161

>he doesn't get the meems
it's okay user, you'll fit in one day

You're laying it on a bit thick there, bud. We get it, you're retarded. You don't have to try so hard

Why would I be upset? We made it to the final and it was literally RNG that fucked us. Otherwise we would've gotten (((3 STARS))) and the cup would've ended then and there. It would've been glorious.

It's a joke. The VN linked is called "Starless". Like /mlp/ this year.

I couldn't find any reaction image about apologizing or "my bad", so have this

Attached: 1440368401482.gif (250x199, 1.22M)

>horsefucker who bitches about RNG
We're reaching cancer levels that shouldn't theoretically be possible

Not sure what I'm looking at here, but saved.

LargeBurger&PurpleSmart OTP

Not a horsefucker, but how so? There's very little input a manager can provide by the time the game hits the penlties. Unless you're implying the thing was rigged, which it always is.

Come on guys, /u/ played way better than /mlp/ during the whole cup. They've deserved this cup and the star with it. It's ok.

some horsefucker.

Attached: 1520208751782.png (511x649, 429K)

That's hilarious. Is it a lesbian one?

Oh yeah, /u/ was really fucking strong.

Even more pro tip:
Andy Sidaris movies have utterly retarded plots which require cocaine to understand, ergo they are absolutely perfect for Veeky Forums appropriation.

Can't argue with that. I'm not a /u/ fan, but if there's a team that really deserved to win this time it's got to be either them or /n/. I'm still mad about /jp/ being so shitty.

>Players are secret agent bush pilots who fly paramilitary cargo routes between islands.
>After making a supply run to a quarantined island colony, the party is given a return
>After a successful delivery, the party is given a package containing a live animal specimines to be taken back to the main island.
>The live animal is a giant rabid snake with super cancer who is projected to die within a few days.
>While flying back they run into a hurricane that forces a landing at an island with a low population.
>The giant rabid cancer snake escapes.
>Did I mention there are drug runners in hiding on this island?

Just replace the PCs with scantly clad women and you have an Andy Sidaris movie.

never heard of this guy, any example ?

Way to be a fucking faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 3.41.43 AM.png (855x145, 55K)

Please kill yourself you fucking shill
derpibooru.org/1163117

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.jpg (307x156, 30K)

Finally! Glad to see you, Lee. Or Leebot, whichever you are.

who and who?

McDonalds Sandwich and Mormon Vampires

Hard Ticket to Hawaii
youtu.be/Uin6b2iGy9E

youtu.be/rZQpIaaCUq8

Malibu Express
youtu.be/kiNz5HZ2oio

youtu.be/iDPA9kMtzjo

The guy makes mountains of cheesy CHEESY softcore action flicks.

NSFW
youtu.be/VnSxejv2W0Q

They tend to be utterly insane. Also, the trailers are almost completely unrelated to the actual plot.

???

Enlarged Apple Computer and Prenight Scintilation

Oversized Truck and Evening Coruscation

best one so far, doesn't stop it from being a retarded ship tho

Fuck off, they literally have nothing in common.
One is the smartest creature in the planet with ties to the royalty and the other is a good ol' boy, zero chemistry.

Agreed. Best ship for colossal cheesy noodle meal is brustle hush.

Please kill yourself you fucking shill
derpibooru.org/1163117

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.jpg (307x156, 30K)

hang yourself

>When you are so asshurt, you resort to post the same things over and over and over and over and over again.
>All of this because Barney triggered you in Special Ed.
>Or because you have """""PTSD"""" from when the fandom was created.

no one likes you faggots