mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Previous Thread:

Attached: miniwargaming brony report.png (1920x1080, 3.81M)

first for, you're too early dipshit

previous thread didnt even hit 500 replies yet.

Nth for VULKAN LIVES!

Attached: 1519683669794.jpg (1138x1080, 336K)

How do you feel about Alpha Legion, Night Lords and Iron Warriors being confirmed as chaos worshipers in the codex?

Attached: Alpha_Legionnaire.jpg (457x750, 68K)

Well I know who's side I'm on

Hey guys a friend of mine really wants to make a IG/Inquisition Army featuring Eisenhorn and at least an approximation of his retinue, any ideas or tips?

So anons, considering that its more a matter of when, less if, what units and what will the playstyle be for Emperor's Children and World Eaters when they get codices?

Berserkers and Kakophani are obvious for kit redos but what beyond that?

Sonic terminators? Jump Pack Berserkers?

WE wiill be melee focused, for sure, but will they have anything else to go with it? A major anti-psyker focus maybe?

What about EC? Simple fast movement, assault weapons, and maybe some Feel no Pain?

The bottom of page 8 is an acceptable time to make a new thread.

Only the best art for the pre-emptive thread

Attached: 1520880664784.jpg (1920x1310, 361K)

bottom of page 9 maybe, page 8 is nothing

Nth for friendly gamers crushing new players!

Which Cerastus knights are worth picking up? I figure that adding a lance of gianter robots to my Admech army wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, and the Cerastus ones look much sexier.

W-what have the best beep-boops done to you, OP?

Attached: 1510081686185.jpg (680x547, 54K)

So it's typical behavior to fuck the new players at your LGS too?

What's the name of the box game where it's scouts trying to escape a genestealer brood? I can't find it in the store

*dial-up modem scream of agreement*

Attached: hi.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Poor Little Astartes Geneseed

[Disagrees in soulless silence]

Attached: 1506298817627.jpg (1300x1300, 850K)

Same as I'd feel them being "confirmed" as blond or brunettes.

Why isn’t Fabius part of ECs anymore?

Plays too much with his test tubes and not enough with 'test tubes'

Feel no pain is death guards deal. I'd bet some always strikes first in close combat or something to that effect. Also maybe a sonic tank. I think at one point they had noise marine tanks, though that may have just been a cool conversion. Last time I saw em was like 3rd edition

Unique cultist-like units are a given for the cult legions, like Poxwalkers and Tzaangors.

They spent too much time faffing about, he never got to do any experiments they just kept pestering him for more drugs.

He's got better things to do than fuck deamonettes and get money.

FoC

Attached: 5.jpg (640x480, 58K)

Attached: necronfu.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Comfy necrons a best

>pagefags

never

Attached: admech.jpg (296x256, 12K)

So probably eldar-ish movement speeds and plentiful sonic weapons and maybe some toxins?

I don't want to say 'power armor eldar' but something maybe a bit close?
A sonic tank would be cool and one idea I've had is a more 'duelist' flavored champion squad with power weapons.

True, what would differentiate the two though?
WE simply getting cultists that spam a boatload of attacks with no defense?
What about EC? Simply a movement buff?

Lost patrol

It’s OOP and was shitty, but I’m sure you can find it on eBay

SOON

Attached: Cyraxus Traintonk.png (2481x1746, 7.11M)

SOON

Attached: foctitanic.jpg (2722x1778, 573K)

>Poxwalkers and Tzaangors.
Blood Brethren and.. Man-o-whores

But can you copyright either of those names?

Are 2 Leviathan Dreads too much points sink for 2000pts list?

Yeah, just found it. For some reason, i thought it had more than 1 squad of scouts in it, so I was thinking about getting a box to expand my scout units. I'll just stick to eBay for my scouts then

Any day now...

Attached: TriarosArmouredConveyer00.png (774x466, 667K)

World Eaters should get AoS khorne shit. Bloodreavers as a cultist equivalent as well as Khorgoraths and Slaughterbrutes would be obvious includes. Presumably there would be a primarch release if you like that kind of thing.

Really I'd rather see a daemonkin type codex with blood tithe points and all that stuff.

Statting rules-less characters is fun. What character would you port from the lore (novels, games, old codices, whatever) into the tabletop? What would they look like?

Isnt there the Blood Pact or something?

For CSM, how big should my footslogging squad of marines be? One squad of 20? Two of ten? I'm new and still working on building my collection.

Also, how many Terminators is too many?

I forget if they were khorne focused or not but they were traitor guard.

I can see that being included along with an updated Zerker Kit and a Terminator kit of some sort, that brings them in line with TS.

Maybe they include demonkin type stuff to hearken back to the demonkin codex?

Red Butchers and Phoenix Terminators.

>Alpha Legion
Feels bad man, they work better when they are ambiguous
>Iron Warriors
Will of Iron was awesome so I dunno
>Night Lords
Might as well be chaos "worshippers" at this point.

Zero squads of zero is the correct number of footslogging marine squads.

Terminators are mediocre, I would kit them for a specific job and run a squad of 5, no more.

Yup.

Yah trick yah

Attached: Image_TAu2.png (2248x1476, 5.03M)

>how big should my footslogging squad of marines be?
Keep them small due to moral, 10 in a squad at most
>how many Terminators is too many?
As much as you want, I feel like they're kinda expensive, but you do you. I run one or two squads of five, with equipment depending on what I want them to do.

>Darkstrider + HQ with AP warlord trait + T'au Strat
>Unit of firewarriors wounding T9 on a 3+ and on a 4+ get AP-1

codex:firewarrior

Regular bolter CSM are basically worthless. I'm a man with a love of terminators, but in a competitive scene they're not worth bring.

Someone needs to explain to me why normal chaos marines are bad and why everyone is circlejerking to cultists
If it’s just for the cultist repop strat, then you’re all a bunch of opportunistic faggots and are just as waac as the worst of them.

I'm a total newfag - why would it be upsetting to learn that some factions of chaos space marines worship chaos? Isn't chaos undivided mean the worship of all chaos gods?

the important part is I want these guys in 40k

Attached: 01-01.jpg (800x800, 221K)

Look at why Tacticals are bad and scouts are good, or why Rubrics are bad and Birds are good. Marine troops suck.

[I have no soul and I must scream]

Attached: Pariah.jpg (482x768, 84K)

If it's anything like loyalist tacticals, then it's a case of the other options in the troops slot being more cost effective/viable. They probably aren't technically bad choices, but compared to what you could take, they rank pretty low on the totem pole

Right, well emperors children always had two fantasies. The first was the sonic weapon sensory overload noise marines. But the second, embodied mostly by lucius the eternal and his chosen is that of the perfection seeking duelist, with perfect form and riposte menuevers, blown out of combat Stims turning battle into euphoria and delighting not only when they hit an enemy but when their flesh is sliced. Kind of a dark eldar vibe. The dark eldar and slaanesh marines have a lot in common

Alpha Legion are memed with ambiguous loyalties with no one knowing who's side they are not. Iron Warriors used to be more of a use chaos as another tool(possibly realizing how far they have fallen your pick), and Night Lords are more into their own agenda than chaos.

So Phoenix terminators would probably be powerswords with 'pistol' sonic shriekers while Red Butchers would be cataphractii-likes that reroll charge distances and can be kitted out for whatever type of mulching you want?

Its actually kinda easy to convert given HH existing

Hope we get a generic Hazard commander so that I can get a grav-inhibitor drone, photon casters, and the Grav-wave relic for subtracting 5-8 inches from enemy charge distances.

Some of the warband have had fluff about them not really worshiping chaos as much as they were using it for their own ends. Iron Warriors and the Night Lords had fluff about them never worshiping chaos, but willing using it's power for their own shit. Alpha Legion was always this mysterious warband that was never clear how much of a chaos warband they really were or just a renegade legion.

Cultists are cheaper and more effective at being troops, how is that a hard concept?

I wouldn’t take tacticals over scouts, but that’s probably because I’m a wolves player, so the situation is a bit different.
Even with normal marines though, tacts got the weapons and scouts don’t- more bodies on the field for cheaper batallions isn’t worth less firepower

Meant that for

Looks rad, they good?

And that's the thing.
While I would like them to be a quick hitting, quick moving army with sonic weapons and combat drugs, I would kinda worry about stepping on the toes of dark eldar a bit much.

It has been a thing and known for ages.
At this point I'm just tired of calling out retards on their tumblr-tier special snowflake headcanon so I don't even bother anymore.

Attached: 1520006380549.jpg (1280x909, 769K)

vulkan and dorn best primarchs

Attached: Warhammer-40000-фэндомы-Rogal-Dorn-Primarchs-4305097.jpg (742x1076, 299K)

They dont have as good stats or access to as good weapons?

He gets blamed for lots of stuff by EC and says fuck it and goes to work solo. EC in turn hunt him because "how dare he leave us". Read Fabius Bile BL books.

*laughs in dakka*

Attached: 99120101191_Redemptor_Dreadnought_04.jpg (600x620, 50K)

It is when the only thing troops are good for this edition is holding objectives. Your points are better spent on other slots outside of troops.

Vulkan and Khan, you mean. Dorn's followers are as smart as a

Attached: BagOfHammers.jpg (1405x759, 397K)

I personally love all the Primarchs.

Attached: 1515636396874.jpg (4608x3456, 3.38M)

What kits come with spare 28mm bases?

Oh shit, I just remembered something.
Remember that Atia rumour about "Tau release but not actually a part of the empire"

People thought it might be auxiliaries, and it would line up perfectly with Kroot and the rumoured Krootdex

Meh, at some point of "using CHaos as a tool" you have to realize that they will fall from that and eventually become obsessed over gathering more power from their "tools" to use and at some point it will be just as if they were worshipping Chaos, this has always been the case since like 3rd edition where you had Demon Princes from those legions that were totally not drinking the Chaos juice, and they may hate it and still ascribe to that idea but it doesnt stop Chaos from corrupting you and making you play its game.

Like Bubba the Iron Warrior started fusing demons with is robots, then he went on summoning bigger demons to bend and then it all goes downhill until Bubba is summoning whole legions of Chaos and sacrificing it all for more power until he is a Demon Prince.

So ignoring the huge amount of characterization GW has done for them that would make worshiping chaos seem odd is just what we are doing now. Should we be ok with Lorgar picking one god because who cares how things fit?

When will /v/ stop shitposting with these same meme phrases in these threads? Is shitting up your own board not enough?

Yeah but elites have better stats and better weapons thus why would you waste points on troops that are not gonna do much?

Attached: Image_Skitari2.jpg (1808x1978, 524K)

They're alright for 80 points each.

Attached: khorg.jpg (1000x676, 265K)

*laughs in bloody rage*

Attached: Screenshot (568).png (1214x629, 907K)

Only the latest rulebook and codex lore matters user. Everything else is literally fan-fiction.

I'm fine with the Iron Warriors unintentionally falling to chaos while trying to use it as a tool, but there is a difference between that and outright worship.

Helbrute?

Assuming you are a just starting out, and building a modest force, which Ark is going to be better for Necrons?

Attached: Which Ark.png (986x573, 1.04M)

NL and IW I'm probably less bothered, but I liked the super ambiguous AL.
Hell, in the HH book "Legion" they weren't lulled by Chaos at all, just believed the Cabal that Horus needed to win, and eliminate humanity. They weren't corrupted at all, just thought humanity was a required sacrifice.

I’m not familiar with chaos, are you saying you’d rather take chosen (is that what they’re called?) over normal chaos marines?
That I can understand if the stats are better with the same if not more wargear options.
All I keep hearing is never bring a marine, so I interpreted that as the marine model in its entirety

GW would disagree considering official GW stance is if it has the official 40k stamp it's canon.

I saw this model before and was thinking about using him as my Daemon Prince of Khorne. Would this work?

That would be Ok.
Not a real game breaker but it would be fairly nice.

Boom gun: the anti-tank potential is nuts

If you put it on a 60mm base.

How should I equip my Tomb Blades?

Attached: Necron_Tomb_Blades.png (855x1177, 2.29M)

Official GW stance is "don't worry and have fun". So we should really just stop sperging out about either and try to enjoy the game's universe.

Just troops marines in every other slot are fine because they are priced and effective as they should be.

I'm probably one of the only people who thinks the ghost ark is underrated, most people I've seen aren't including them in their cron lists.

Like your pic: blasters and veins. 4 str 5 ap 2(3 with mek) each is pretty nuts

with magnets