So, apparently millions get into D&D through this, but I've never used it. What are some good 'shows' to check out...

So, apparently millions get into D&D through this, but I've never used it. What are some good 'shows' to check out? I do not want Reddit meme shit - and I do not often use those words.

Attached: twitch.png (1200x398, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

acq-inc.com/portfolio
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvSp-8FGBzxnsRLDk73O4c-5ymN1KeNNb
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvSp-8FGBzxmYMDEukJJAoxNcOEWsapyT
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfS8QgUdeGYp0jLFfMxSZ-O-8xoqZns6i
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're already aware of D&D so it shouldn't matter.

>People who play basketball shouldn't watch basketball
>People who drive shouldn't watch automobile news magazines
>People who know how to cook shouldn't watch cooking programs

>people who write books should watch clerks writing checks
>people who raise children should watch weightlifters raise weights
>people who drink wine should watch hobos drink gasoline

Do...do you want us to make recommendations of channels or specific streams or shows or do you want us to shill for our friends and ourselves?

Not OP, but both?

I don't care, as long as they aren't shit.

>I do not want Reddit meme shit - and I do not often use those words.
First of all - kys

Second of all - Critical Role

Define "aren't shit." Do you like webcams or no webcams? Is there a specific episode length limit you have in mind? Do you just want D&D or is any tabletop RPG system okay? How much tolerance do you have for SJW-type stuff?

That's like recommending water for something to drink.

And like water, you need nothing else

it's all reddit meme shit

It's more like recommending bleach, and sure, once you drink it, you need nothing else.

Alright, I really like Acquisitions Incorporated: The C Team. I've heard good things of the stuff DM'd by Chris Perkins, both the regular Acquisitions Incorporated lineup which is mostly con event only, and the Waffle Crew for Dice Camera Action. Those are like, semi official and official streams of the D&D Brand.

And I started a stream, though edited and not live, and I'm only a session 0 and a first session of play up on the channel while I work on everything else I have filmed for an every other week update schedule. I'm rather certain, for reasons of anxiety and imposter syndrome, that its going to be shit compared to anything with a budget though.

Attached: On the Sea of Wings DnD.jpg (1448x1080, 365K)

>I do not want Reddit meme shit
Then twitch isn't for you.
>basketball
>news magazines
>cooking programs
Competitive sports, news podcasts, master classes are a practice of dust in the vortex of jersey shore tier bullshit. What are you even talking about?

>particle

Somewhat related.
A friend of mine is saying no own campaign will ever be as good as one he is a fan of (a german called rocketbeans).
I tried to tell him that playing it yourself with friends is a totally different feeling and fun within self.
Furthermore I said that most online session are story and decision doctored, that those won't have the unexpected decision of a irl session.

Any good streams or series which are more natural?

Dice, camera, action witch Chris Perkins is very good. Afaik they're running SKT right now, I'm still watching older episodes where they played CoS and I'd recommend starting there, all the streams are uploaded on youtube. Chris Perkins is a great DM and generally if he's in the stream, it's probably worth watching. During the campaign he managed to skillfully push a completely passive player into actually roleplaying. Also the way he seamlessly incorporated PCs into the world and how he improvises stuff is pretty awesome, he's my DM role model.

Also, Acquisitions Inc. is a must watch if you are into watching DnD. At least the live PAX shows but their podcasts are fun as well. The dudes playing are absolutely awesome. It's a bit more humor oriented but the entire thing feels very natural unlike some of the stuff with mercer.
acq-inc.com/portfolio
I recommend starting with the 2013 stuff, that's when wil wheatons annoying ass left.

Attached: 1491134358477.jpg (475x600, 49K)

Budget means nothing except fancier overlays and possibly better sound equipment for the GM & Players. Otherwise you still deal with the same personalities and styles of play. And as Critical Role showed not a single episode ago, budget can't make boring RP or sessions in general better. It's all on the quality of the GM and their players.

>Using KYS
>Reacting poorly to someone using the term reddit meme shit
>Actively suggesting Critical Role.

I like TeamFourStar's At the Table sessions (the guys who made DBZ abridged play a homebrew DND setting)

I don't watch magazines.

Fair point. You've twisted my arm into shilling. Dansu & Dragons. Head's up, Session Zero's upload was squished in from the sides for some reason and I'm still waiting on a solution from twitch customer service. The worst that can happen is that someone says we suck.

The Yogscast's High Rollers crew are pretty good roleplayers and make some good stuff.
Their main campaign is coming to a close this sunday but a second campaign has been comfirmed.
Lightfall campaign (currently ongoing) and various one-shots/live events
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvSp-8FGBzxnsRLDk73O4c-5ymN1KeNNb

Uncharted Territory (Tomb of Annihilation 10 ep long spinoff sponsored by WotC)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvSp-8FGBzxmYMDEukJJAoxNcOEWsapyT

Dead Reckoning (Anti-hero 12 ep ToA prequel-ish spinoff sponsored by WotC)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfS8QgUdeGYp0jLFfMxSZ-O-8xoqZns6i

Zito's love for Kobolds is heartwarming.

Attached: DWscrziVQAA2oW9.jpg (1200x873, 119K)

One bump just to see if it's worth keeping alive

>Second of all - Critical Role
memeiest meme shit of all reddit

Honestly just read the All Gaurdsman Party

OP wanted actual games, not 40k fanfic.

>the guys who made DBZ abridged
not
>the guys who make DBZ abridged
Feels bad, man. Feels bad.

It's mostly the big name streams that are more likely to be scripted. The quality greatly varies when you get to the smaller ones, but that's where to go if you're looking for something earnest.

They’re making an extended episode to conclude the cell saga before tabling it and moving on to other projects.

weird. never heard of that one.

idk. there's so much fucking shit out there on twitch and youtube. jokesy groups, "normal" groups, sjw "i read twitter so i know what i'm talking about" retard groups, autistic "i listen to youtube commentary videos and simpsonwave so i know what i'm talking about" retard groups, old school grog groups, etc etc.

Question. What if I legitimately DO have those opinions?
What would be the next move on your part then?

Attached: 1494799696630.png (598x388, 63K)

As mentioned. Acq, Inc. and its spin-off, The "C"-Team, are pretty fantastic. The PAX Prime 2013 show is what got me interested in the group, and I'd personally recommend it. The main group mostly just plays live shows so it's generally got a lighter/more comical tone, the spin-off group is more a solid balance of story and comical.

Dice, Camera, Action is okay. Perkins is great, but the players and their characters are a bit bland. If you can put up with them, it can be pretty entertaining at times.

Perception Check is Disney trained puppeteers using puppets to play D&D. If you watch it though, especially anything outside of their first campaign, you're more of watching it for the jokes, because playing the actual game and the story take a backseat.

Bump for Dragon Friends

The "three lame ass brothers and their dad" show hasn't been recommended.
Truly, this is the den of great people.

Attached: 1503328652741.jpg (800x800, 42K)

>The "C"-Team
I don't like it but I'd recommend it just to see the "decisioner" part. That was 100% genius.

Decisionist is a cool position, but documancer and obviator are where its at for neat organizational party roles.

I thought it was genius because they were clearly having trouble progressing. The way it was set up was 100% designed to give it to the most impulsive member, which solved much of the problem.

Loading Ready Run has a weekly stream on monday nights, currently in a 5th edition campaign thats almost over, then they will move onto something else tabletop rpg related.

you can fine them on twitch or youtube, spam filter wont let me link for some reason but just look for "Loading Ready Run" and "Dice Friends"

Then you are autistic and I would ignore your opinions.

Then you should turn back while there's still time.

Don't go there, then.
They didn't get into real DnD, they got into what normies think passes for DnD.

Anyone you know?
Is Rooster Teeths Games good?