Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2112: Putt-Putt Goes to Jumpchain Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: Jumpchain.pdf (PDF, 5.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6HP6akUPOTQ
youtu.be/CKKTqB_Lzv0
pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Reckoner/Gallery
youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unintended /jc/ consequences? Unintended /jc/ consequences. Tell us about those times your plot interventions didn't QUITE go as planned.

Attached: reunited and it feels so AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (1280x1811, 1.54M)

How went your xenomorph related adventures?

Attached: b974ffe24814185c1d8390817420cee00a1f4fca_00.jpg (512x292, 22K)

So what are some low powered jumps that let me give other people immortality, slow aging or reverse aging.

So how empathetic are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=6HP6akUPOTQ

Attached: RvB What a girl would say.jpg (306x1363, 100K)

I vacillate between "absolute void of empathy" and "more willing to forgive you than myself" depending on how well I know someone. You know, like most people.

It was a fun purging of xeno filth.
Also, once you make acid proof armor, xenomorph killing is far less messy than most others.
...Expect for the surrounding environment. But hey, most of it belonged to Weyland-Yutani anyways.

Attached: 69f730a3ea61784734e9f594da43b68d.jpg (752x1063, 151K)

Tell me about times your jumper got 2spooked4thisshit.

Attached: 1310870384252.png (697x497, 464K)

Gaia was a little concerned about the acidic blood and facehuggers. And most likely the bit where I can technically spawn more of these now.

Is there a reason for so many dead Jaunnes.

Would Steal ability from FF Tactics Advanced work on exalted charms?

How badly would the yozi freak out if they found themselves unable to use one of their own charms?

Attached: steal ability.png (1322x280, 188K)

Someone flipped through the timelines until they found a corruptible one, then had him Highlander the others.

Hey, /jc/, I'm performing about four or five different "life creation" type rituals an colliding them all into one another in an attempt to create the MOST POWERFUL DAUGHTERU OF ALL TIME. Any advice on how to not make it go horribly wrong? Also taking bets here.

Yozi can only lose access to their charms if they're the only being in existence that knows them. Akuma and Infernals are a sort of backup server for them.

/jc/ I have a problem
I have this issue where my mind and preferences keep oscillating from one end of my tastes to another, and it makes it hard to commit to specific Jumps and choices. It's made it hard because half of the time I'll want specific serious perks, but then all of a sudden I'll suddenly turn perverted and want to take perks that feed into my wants or will make me an object of worship, then the feeling will wane and I'll be completely confused as to why I picked that as I don't really want it and feel ashamed of myself, then it cycles around all over again.

What do I do?

I keep wanting things I know I normally shouldn't want, and my mind and tastes keeps switching sides and making it frustrating! How can I trust myself when I'm actively being mine own worst enemy?

Attached: 2653862-5745018133-2315..gif (432x432, 106K)

Not everything has to be super serious or stupid 100% of the time you know?

So steal it from everyone else first?

>What do I do?
Reflect on why you want these choices, and why you don't want to want them.
Get a waifu.
Learn to be comfortable with who you are.

I bet 50 CP it will go horribly wrong.

Make a pattern. Serious, Perverted, Neither.

Do it in twos or threes if you want.

>MOST POWERFUL DAUGHTERU OF ALL TIME.
>Not making the most powerful son of all time

Daughteru's are superior to sons.

>not making the most powerful daughteru (male) of all time

Attached: ZsPN9iQ.jpg (760x596, 125K)

Prettty good, especially once I combined it with Creepypasta stuff.

When you're a facehugger, and also undetectable to all senses, you can just... facehug anyone or anything, without even them noticing. Which really aps up the paranoia fuel on that.

Anyway, yeah, I went on a bit of a facehugging bender after AvP. What can I say? I really like collecting altforms, and xenomorphs are cool.

Attached: XenomorphXX121.png (640x820, 864K)

Yurifags leave.

Make two chains. Or just roll with the idea like I am.

Attached: 1470165357338.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Keep restarting your chains after a jump or two.
Have several chains that are themed around what you want to do at the time you are working on them, drop stagnant ones or let the accumulate dust.
Get a security gig at a rough trade club.
Run a chain where jumper has several personalities vying for dominance.
Let Lisa know how you really feel about her before you lose everything that might have bee.
Place harsh restrictions on your Jumper's CP, this makes every purchase important.
Introduce a lot of random rolls into the process of filling out the jump form, jumper must adapt to what is dealt to them.

No.

Attached: 1af896381926882ab874e54bb1df0f19.png (718x1000, 560K)

Attached: 2a07f26123e469d6f515a319e1826521.png (718x1000, 520K)

So... suppose I want to my armies of skellies to be spear-headed by a skellyton kaiju. What kind of creature should I scale up to that size and then reanimate as a skelly?

Some kind of big cat, like a tiger? A wolf or bear? A boar? Maybe a dinosaur?

Attached: lich_by_spiralmagus-d7vleq8.jpg (1000x1278, 298K)

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how to make an anti-lesbian laser.

Best jumps and perks for growing tentacles from your body?

Attached: tentacle_swarm_by_linggarbramanty-d8kvziz.jpg (1000x750, 307K)

Just make a regular laser, and point it at lesbians?

Something you killed in pacific rim.

>Dinosaur?
Only if there's polka.

Harems and SRSFACE are not mutually incompatible.

Remove all women and turn all men into big hairy baras who can procreate via buttsex.

It's the only way to be sure.

Pick up the retroactive genderswap perk from Unholy Heights. Pick up Ensoul from card captor sakura. Pick up a phaser from star trek. Put the perk in the phaser. Fire phaser at lesbians, they are now gay men.

Can you get hold of n eight-limbed two-headed tortoise?
It could serve as spearhead and troop transport.

Warhammer Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Warhammer Fantasy - Beastmen (not yet writ)

youtu.be/CKKTqB_Lzv0

What's the best song to summarize your chain Jumpers?

Do not anti- the lesbians.

Check out Yoro's chain for inspiration. He seems to handle serious time and harem antics together pretty well.

Eh, not sure if those are that inpressive once stripped to the bone.

>Can you get hold of n eight-limbed two-headed tortoise?
Hmmm. I'd have to make one myself, but luckily I have life-shaping as well necromancy.

I already have heist and sly cooper.

Are there any other cool perks that would make me an even better thief?

Whoops. That second once was supposed to quote

There is a carmen sandiego jump.

Jumpers, what is your Kebab and how do you remove it?
Remove Skaven, with flammenwerfer. Squeak.

Maybe look at Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

>Eh, not sure if those are that inpressive once stripped to the bone.
Do you remember the skeleton in the Hong Kong slums? Turns out they turned into a Kaiju cult temple. Now animate it and you've got the undead version of a 40k Titan.

pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Reckoner/Gallery

Bruh. They're still wicked cool, even as skeletons.

But yeah, creating your own monsters and then turning them into Superior Undead is the way to go. That's how I've always done things.

Attached: pacific_rim_kaiju_skeleton.jpg (1280x700, 137K)

Okay, that's pretty neat.

As someone who also likes making test tube monster children, the difference between Frankenstein's Monster and Astroboy is mostly just love and respect.

What jumps involve dickbag gods, deities, and various other divinities being assholes to mortals and everyone else.

Specifically, deities and divinities that would immediately attempt to convert, harass, have slaughtered, or otherwise bully newly-manifest civilizations and peoples that come into a jump following a random bloke from beyond the stars.

It's time for a bit of character development.

Reminder to respond when people post builds.

Attached: 1519272658705.jpg (594x452, 28K)

Add sugar, spice, and everything nice AND SOME CHEMICAL X! Then dump in magic, makeup, a powercore from a ship, and a couple books

But Astroboy wasn't loved by it's creator. In fact he despised him when he realized Astro wasn't his dead son.

You can't make me!

Attached: 1517437538477.jpg (848x865, 131K)

How else is he supposed to waifu his child if they are a husbando. You think those powerful thighs should go to waste?

Why not just fuck the most powerful opposite-sex person in the world? That'd probably be easier.

To what purpose?

Thanks never really knew what she was just her name. Is the series worth watching?

Honestly brother Necromancer you should be asking a different question.

Not what monsters or creatures should I scale uo, what monsters should I mash together!

Just gather bones on your travels and stick them together into a form that pleases you, then reanimate them! The spirit that takes hold will know its new form and act accordingly.

Besides that if you want large beasts go to monster hunter, I hear the dalamadur is pretty large, you could probably use many of the dragons corpses there as transport and artillery vehicles.

Attached: 81AIYJ3RAkL.jpg (1500x2118, 440K)

It's not on the drive and it has tentacle in it's name

Billy and Mandy has a pretty good one too but it caps out at eight

Attached: nergal_by_nukeleer-d660x1k.png (877x910, 163K)

While it's kind of a cop out, Dungeons and Dragons has a lot of options. There's the Fleshwarper prestige class that's whole bag is sewing monster parts onto yourself and others, which includes displacer beast and mind flayer tentacles. And if you want to get a little creative, there's always the Evard's Black Tentacle spell with some room for "improvement".

It's a bunch of old computer games, iirc. Mostly puzzle games based on maps and vocabulary.

I'm not sure there's anything to watch.

Hey NuBee, there was a brief discussion of horns towards the end of the last thread and, I wouldn't ask this if it didn't seem like you like discussing it, but do you have any thoughts about Quirk Marriages involving the Horns Quirk? Just off the top of your head, I don't intend for you to waste any time on ideas.

The best I've got is maybe +Soundgarden= crystalline silicon horns that vibrate to produce the effect instead of using your throat. Less stressful and easier to maintain for extended period than the standard power, but they're quite brittle and can break if you push it too hard, meaning it's harder to WILLPOWER your way to strength than with vanilla. You're also screwed if someone thinks to smash them, and either way you're left powerless until you can rebuild/regrow them.

It just strikes me as a hard Quirk to marry because horns, on their own, don't really DO anything.

There were multiple TV shows, actually. Two gameshows, a cartoon, and a new series for Netflix that's coming out next year. Many books, as well.

Good news, Brutus isn't dead. Upload folder's showing some jumps being transferred to other spots.

I'm thinking about making a jump, but it would only have three origins, and a majority of the perks would be undiscounted.

>Brutus isn't dead
YAY!

Okay.

Huh, sorry, only ever heard about the first parts of the series I suppose. Chicken man appears to be off his rocker now that I look deeper into it. I guess a better comparison would be Astroboy's adoptive father Hiroshi.

>I'm thinking about making a jump
Don't, only pain lies on that path.

Good luck man. Is there a reason there are so many undiscounted perks, instead of just distributing them among the origins?

Attached: but y tho.jpg (623x414, 127K)

Huh. It'd be an interesting layout, but give it a shot and see where it takes you.

Sounds bad but ok.

>Is there a reason there are so many undiscounted perks, instead of just distributing them among the origins?
Because one origin is drop-in, the other has very few aspects discussed in canon (and might get merged with drop-in, anyway), and the third is the overwhelming focus of the story, so the alternative would be making a perkline for each character, and I don't like doing that.
So it would effectively be a two background jump unless I went overboard on making perks undiscounted since they would otherwise fall under the third background.

So why not make drop in the only background and say take a tier 100 perk free and discount one of each tier as you see fit.

If you really can only come up with a few origin-specific perks, you might be better off either making everyone one of the "overwhelming focus" types by default, with origins being archetypes or characters, or just doing a "X discounts per tier" discount scheme.

May I suggest something like faction or racial origins then?

I'm assuming this is a bunch of 100 and 200s, but maybe pair them up by character archetype for a sub-origin?

One discounted selection from each price range sounds like the way to go, thanks for the advice, senpais.

Forgotten Realms.
Tanya the Evil.

Iterative Improvement from Worm can be used to give items all sorts of superpowers. Just enchant Relationship Modification to a penlight and viola! No more lesbians.

Off the top of my head, Gatling + Big Horn is good because Big Horn already notably has the horns regenerate. So you have a situation where, at least to a certain point until you need to rest, can project super hard spikes from your head at enemies like bullets. Jet + Big Horn is good for super charging. Pop Off + Big Horn is neat for detachable/quick regrowing horns. Bone Spear + Big Horn is neat for spontaneous horn growth, the two together allowing you to make extremely durable horns.

Telescoping + Big Horn is unique in that you could either randomly elongate your horns or lengthen your reinforced spine to headbutt people with your reinforced skull and horns. Dental Manipulation + Big Horn could be good because you could place the focus on your horns instead of teeth, and your horns are a lot more durable and have the capacity to regrow. Assault + Big Horn could be good if you placed the emphasis on your fists, making them even more resilient and causing pointy protrusions to grow from them for more armor breaking/perferation damage and such.

I think there's a lot you could do with Big Horn, especially since it's ordinarily a Tier 0 and has a really simply concept. Take and marry Big Horn with Telescoping, that's still a Tier 0 Quirk (The horns or your bones might be a bit less resilient compared to Big Horn on its own, but they're still durable and now you have the extending utility). That can be enhanced three times and I have no idea what that would end up as.

Thanks, those are some interesting ideas!

Why are you saying these things?

No problem user, hope that helps.

Are there any settings with feasible systems for turning heat into magic energy? Like a steam engine but for fueling spells?

Theoretically you don't even need OCP to make undead monsters in Monster Hunter. There's the Vaal Hazak, which reanimates corpses to fight for it, and the Equal Dragon Weapon, which is literally a bunch of dead elder dragons stitched into a horrific new elder dragon. All the pieces are there for you.

I do recommend going there with some way to store fuck-huge corpses though, and probably cloning tech, for the sake of convenience.

Attached: Concept-Equal-Dragon.jpg (537x402, 292K)

Earthflow + Creation?

With I Cheat from JLD for combining systems, D&D magic to provide flexibility, and Intentional Magic from Inheritance for ease of use is there anything jumper can't do with their magic?

Didn't mean to reply to that question but those perks could provide a means of doing that.

Creativity + Independence?

Question Wormanon, if I use Iterative Improvement on a diamond ring and give it to you would you fall in love with me?

Alright, I know some Greek Mythology, but not a whole lot, so I have a question for those more leaned than me.
How much of a good or bad idea is it to attempt to waifu Artemis? What if I took that drawback that makes her interested in me?

Attached: S6.1Artemis.jpg (550x857, 84K)

Spontaneous abilities to make minerals, silicates, dirt and earth based stuff out of other earth based stuff (as long as you know the chemical structure) and then animate it as earth demons maybe? Maybe not controlling it in huge amounts anymore, but the ability to turn dirt into steel into a golem is pretty great.

Prepare to get those arrows of overprotective brother Apollo (The God that can't get a stable relationship)

Pokemon Aura makes you an empath. So, I started with not being able to understand others to being able to sense what they feel. I will either become more connected with others... or just start manipulating everyone towards my own ends.

Tarrasque. Big and bad already and you wont have to scale it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

Greek Myth, Any D20 setting, Danmachi would have gods showing up and demanding answers and worship.

Attached: Tarrasque.png (602x482, 217K)