Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

What is your opinion on PF2e? Do you intend to switch to it when it comes out?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Attached: BETA-PLAYTEST-MOCK-3D-PRINT-835x1024.jpg (835x1024, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lcom?Combat-Maneuvers-and-Weapon-Special-Features
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm going to switch to it even if it's inferior to PF1e!

I don't like it much, and no.

It looks like pathfinder but tolerable. Yes

I hope Blingmaker has fun tonight!

I'm going to give it a hard test run. I'm going to make thrtee scenarios, at low, mid and high level. I'm going to have my players try and break the system over their knees. And when all is said and done, I'll have an opinion worth something to me and mine.

>
>How is using Path of War AGAINST the party baby sitting or even fucking relavent? Especially in argument about a fucking caster, you retarded cock sucking faggot. Just admit you were wrong or fucking kill yourself.
Because if the GM was actually using PoW against you, your party would all be DEAD.

Depends if it's shit m8

Attached: Danger.jpg (564x426, 31K)

So, I'm not sold on what to do with my character past level 12. With that all in Slayer, I've basically mastered Archery. Which makes me the party's DPS.

I've thought about dipping 2 into the ranged Magus archtype for an additional Full-BAB-2 attack (For 3 FBAB-4 attacks.)

It was also brought up that I could go into Cav/Sam for a mount. A 4-dip in that would open up the Horse Master feat... and a flying mount of some sort would be lovely.

I suppose I have 8 levels to play with. As if I take any crossclassing, Quarry becomes much less shiny. (Though autocrits are always good, especially since my GM let me have bracers with constant Falcon's Aim and Gravity Bow on them. So, 10% 6d6 crits.)
Slayer's Advance is shit.
About the only thing I'd miss from multiclassing is the Study Advancement and Talent Feats.

Attached: 71695cc2cb6928782638a55071b04ab3.jpg (1960x1081, 1.19M)

There're a wide collection of people who don't think PoW is shit.

They're wrong. You aren't going to convince them that they are.

As a 5e DM, I'm interested in PF 2e and I'll likely buy a game book to see how it plays. 1e is a bit too much crunch for someone who is admittedly a newbie like me.

my brother is gonna get the playtest, so i'll probably end up trying it at some point. if i like it, i'll split some of the books with him.

Take the rogue Talent ability, take the Unchained Rogue Minor Magic. Take the Bookish Rogue Feat to be able to change your spells. Take the Unchained Rogue Talent Major Magic next which nets you 1st level spells (which again you can change out using the previously mentioned feat). Spend the rest of your levels in Arcane Archer. Unchained Rogue Magic is more useful than the Chained Rogue - casting is 1/day per two levels and it's caster level is equal to your slayer levbels, so you'd get a 5d6 shocking grasp or 5d4 burning hands to add to your arrows. Full BAB helps too.

>What is your opinion on PF2e?
It looks intriguing to say the least, and most of what I've seen makes me really interested in it enough so that I plan on getting the softcover of the playtest even.
>Do you intend to switch to it when it comes out?
I'm not sure I'll make a full jump right away, but I will buy the core books and the first AP, see how well it runs post-playtest.

Attached: 1497265886791.jpg (764x1200, 529K)

Never been terribly fond of AA on paper. Though, I will admit it covers all the nice tools of Magus. And, the mook clearing ability with Hail of Arrows would be nice.

Though, that's 3 feat/talents I'll need to make room for. Admittedly, pushing Snapshot back further would let me do it by level twelve. (Thanks to the 1/6th of a feat human fcb.)

They're not bad feats and talents however. Prestidigitation is great, and while the Bookish Rogue feat isn't necessary, it allows you to adjust your spells.

So what the fuck is piercing damage good against anyways

In real life? Anyone not in butted maile or plate.

I'll give it a try, and if it's good I'll play it, if it isn't I'll steal the good ideas from it.

It's pretty lethal in real life.

My players will be heading into the Candlestone Caverns soon. Does anyone know of a good Warren/Kobold Tunnel map I can use for the maze section?

Oh hell no.

Rakshasha

There's a difference between not babying the party and not trying to instantly murder them either , you dunce.
And you're samefagging with yourself too, nice. That or Paizo's 2e marketing team is working overtime.

>no one could possibly disagree with me
You're just an idiot.

People and glass houses shouldn't try to throw stones friend. I already took that into account, try reading harder before going for that low hanging epic burn my dude. But maybe they're just two retards doing it for free instead of shills helping each other out.

If he's using PoW for giants, of all things, then yes he's babying you if your party didn't suffer any deaths. If your caster always had the right spells at the right times, then yes, he's coddling you, especially if you never had to worry about resting at all to recover those perfectly chosen prepared spells. than you don't realize this tells me your GM is a kind and generous man, and you don't appreciate him nearly enough as the pushover he is.

>If he's using PoW for giants, of all things, then yes he's babying you if your party didn't suffer any deaths
Or you, know mabye my party is actually good and you can play Giants in such a way that they don't instagib the fucking party
Not a giant, but we did suffer a technical death when a boss used a 9th Level Shattered Mirror attack on somebody
>If your caster always had the right spells at the right times, then yes, he's coddling you, especially if you never had to worry about resting at all
Or the caster is actually competent at picking their fucking spells because they're spells that are applicable in 80% of all situations and there are other party members that can deal with other things because it's a team game. But no, that can't possibly be it! Csters must NEED there wands or your shitty argument makes no sense, You can't possibly be garbage at the game and not realize that limiting wands hurts Martials way more than casters do! Pathfinder 2e can't be fucking garbage!

>never had to worry about resting at all to recover those perfectly chosen prepared spells.
>also implying anyone in my party plays prepared casters

You faggots literally argued into the night. Went the fuck to sleep. Got up. And went at it again. No one is convincing fucking anybody. You're both gay as fuck. Move the fuck on.

This
PoW is a shit system and you're all faggots for continuing to argue about it
/PoWg/ containment general when

When you fuck off back to the discrod, reddit, and/or Paizo forums.

You're just as much of a fag as the other guy

Play 5ed player here, will actually get into pathfinder cause I won't need to by 30 books to make my character. Also why does Pathfinder attract the super autists, pedophiles, furries and trannie nutjobs?

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 36K)

Why is there no 18-20/x2 one handed bludgeoning weapon?

What makes you think the others don't, user? PF is old, and that means the players are more common. You find the same demographics in WH40K, OSR, and Second Life.

Because increased threat range is for sharp weapons, increased crit multiplier is for heavy weapons, and bludgeoning weapons generally suck.

God, fuck Kawase

but why does it have to be that way when maces were much more likely to hit someone better than a short sword

It looks interesting. I need to read up on it more. Can’t switch if I can’t convince people to play it.

Attached: 8008CA4A-3F6F-4EFB-BCBF-01B7D9C3078D.jpg (750x537, 117K)

Because WotC got rid of AC adjustment vs weapon type. Also, it's not a matter of 'hitting' it's a matter of 'damaging'. Blunt impact is the easiest type of damage to survive.

What even happens in Blingmaker? Are they rich yet?

Bludgeons should have a unique property

>WH40K
Can confirm. My current Rogue Trader group is a a techpriest loli referred to as the Moechanicus, an ork mekboy, a Rogue Trader with tits the size of her head, and catgirl arch-militant.

I really need to find a new gaming group.

Don't fuck Kawase, he's a chinkcel

Never forget D&D 4th. It was the most balanced, intuitive and unique edition of D&D, and my god, nobody liked it; myself included. And the ones who did liked it, weren't enough to kept it alive, so they vomited 5th the fast as they could, and my god it is fun!
So, be hyped, but don't lose your shit.

I'll switch only if it fixes issues existing in PF1e while retaining some level of backwards compatibility, in the same way the 3.5-PF jump did.

Pathfinder question: fighters and crowd control. Bullrushing, tripping, what else? Tell of me the must-haves and traps, and how to git gudd at it.

Reach weapons and combat reflexes

Reach weapon with trip, combat reflexes and then go into Dirty Trick if you intend to completely become a control machine as a fighter.

Thank you

Combine these with Combat Patrol.

Get some potions of enlarge potion and monkey arms. It's free reach, possibly the most important thing you can get
Get all trip feats so you beat up people while tripping them

>Iconic Goblin
Kinda funny that in coincides with one of the player characters in CR being a Goblin and all.

Trip on weapons doesn't add any benefits. It just lets you drop your wep instead of tripping yourself if you roll a nat 1.

But that's a benefit.

I was meaning numerical benefits. It doesn't add like a +2 to your roll or to your CMD vs Tripping.

>Trip on weapons doesn't add any benefits.
If a trip weapon has reach is already a huge benefit. You can lunge a trip out of many enemiy's reach and if enlarged is ridiculous.

Except it does. Enhancement bonuses applied to a weapon with the corresponding maneuver provide that bonus to CMB unlike weapons without it. And since it's on a reach weapon, you can do it with the weapon meaning you also get the benefit of reach and don't have to risk AoO early on if you don't have a feat to get the improved feat.

[citation needed]

Attached: [citation needed].jpg (535x77, 22K)

Not him but you cannot be so fucking ignorant about such basic thing.
This is why people think maneuvers have a low chance to land.

Actually, enchantment bonuses apply to maneuvers even if the weapon itself doesn't have special properties. A +3 dagger can trip better than a MWK halberd

>The clarification in that blog means any weapon used to trip applies these bonuses when making a trip combat maneuver, so this FAQ was updated to omit the "only trip weapons let you apply these bonuses" limitation.
Did you even read what you posted? It literally says right there that Trip Weapons don't benefit from enhancement bonus anymore then non-trip weapons.

Nope. You cannot use the dagger to trip.
But if you use that dagger to, say, scratch in direction of the creature's eyes to temporarily blind (dirty trick, don't mind, just making shit up)
THEN you add the +3.

Hah, he deleted his post, what a faggot

paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lcom?Combat-Maneuvers-and-Weapon-Special-Features
>Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers in which you’re actually using a weapon (natural weapons and unarmed strikes are considered weapons for this purpose) to perform the maneuver, and therefore the weapon’s bonuses (enhancement bonuses, feats such as Weapon Focus, fighter weapon training, and so on) apply to the roll.

If you're going to link to something in an argument, at least link to the thing making the point you want.

>This is why people think maneuvers have a low chance to land.
I'm pretty sure that's because of CMD and it being almost universally easier to kill things instead of fucking around with combat maneuvers. Even at 20, when you've got an easy +47 to CMB as a Fighter before you do anything else or optimize harder, it's still not enough to hit the CMD of enemies of your CR on a 2 and nowhere near enough to deal with the enemies whose CMD spikes up into the 60s without buffs... which would also help you do more damage, hit more easily, or both. And then there are combat maneuvers that can't be used with weapons so they're missing out on a huge chunk of CMB bonuses if you want to bother with them.

Which is why Telekinesis sphere on a SoP support caster is a godsend. Cause you can trip a mob that's surrounded by the martials, and when it stands... AoOaplooza.

Wait shit, really? Unarmed Strikes count as weapons? That's fucking bullshit, it means that even dumping the cash into an AoMF won't boost grapple or bull rush checks. It also makes the Lore Warden nerfs even more retarded than they were.

+ 47
Pit fiend: 53 - need: 6
Immolation Devil: 49 - need 2
Balor: 54 - need: 7
Wild Hunt Monarch: 50 - need: 3
Vrolikai: 47 - need 2
Some other big utsider is huge, so you need to be enlarged.
You cannot do anything about colossal dragons and titans, but you can try dirty tricks.
A Thanatotic Titan is CMD 60.
If you find a way to inflict nauseated or dazed on such thing (like using the trick to aim specific parts, need 13+) before it goes snu-snu on the Cleric, is a great victory.
You will probably need specific means of transportation or to prepare an action or ambush or attract the being close to pull this trick, tough.

But it says exactly what i did
But it would, why wouldn't it?

>>Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers in which you’re actually using a weapon (natural weapons and unarmed strikes are considered weapons for this purpose) to perform the maneuver, and therefore the weapon’s bonuses (enhancement bonuses, feats such as Weapon Focus, fighter weapon training, and so on) apply to the roll.
>Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers in which you’re actually using a weapon (natural weapons and unarmed strikes are considered weapons for this purpose) to perform the maneuver, and therefore the weapon’s bonuses (enhancement bonuses, feats such as Weapon Focus, fighter weapon training, and so on) apply to the roll.

>enough to hit the CMD of enemies of your CR on a 2
You just make it sound like you don't like failing and makes you look like a whiny kid who takes his ball home because he was losing.

Attached: rctn.png (475x720, 399K)

Now think about how much easier it is to deal with them with Power Attack full attacks, how flight gives you trip immunity in PF, and how badly not being able to apply your weapon bonuses fucks your CMD up for the maneuvers that are incompatible with weapons.

You sound like a retard who doesn't know what combat maneuvers are competing with.

You can do combat maneuvers an unlimited time per day. Spells are on a strict limit, and unlike in Pathfinder 1E you won't be getting around that limit with wands, staves, or scrolls!

you want to automatically succeed while most spells are saved easily or cannot be applied because of the immunities.
High CR monsters are immune to a lot of tactics, big news.
Also, be creative. Read here:
Disarm, sunder, and trip are normally the only kinds of combat maneuvers
Disarm, sunder, and trip are NORMALLY the only kinds of combat maneuvers
Normally. It means that you normally only applied these if you use your normal, routine attacks. But this does not mean you cannot be creative. Gods know what you can do with a torch, or aiming a spear on a specific body part and surface.

Dying rules for 2e, looks like they're just straight-up copying 5e rules.

>There are no negative hit points - if you take damage equal or greater than your HP, you go down to 0 HP and get the Dying 1 condition.
>If a crit knocks you to 0, you gain Dying 2 instead of Dying 1.
>Each round, you must make a save to stabilize, and if you fail your Dying condition increases by one level.
>The save DC is based off the enemy - a boss may have a higher death DC than a mook, so you are more likely to be killed by bosses.
>If you fumble the stabilize check, you gain 2 levels of Dying instead one.
>If you reach Dying 4, then you are dead.
>If you make the stabilize check, you gain a hit point, but are still Dying. If you make another save at 1 HP, you are no longer Dying, and you regain consciousness.
>If an ally heals you while you are Dying, you still have the Dying condition, even though you have positive HP. You still need to make a stabilize check to regain consciousness. But, once your HP is positive, you are no longer at danger of death from failing your checks - failing a stabilize check just means you stay unconscious.
>The Stabilize cantrip puts you at 1 HP.

If you make something easy to pull, 100% effective on any enemy and spammable, you have something almost as much as broken, you butthurt faggot.
Now there ARE problems. As an example, the fact that you need 3 dirty trick feats is not a bug or just bad design, is a fucking SCANDAL.
But you cannot make condition inflicting spammable, especially since is linked to an attack roll you can buff, which is easier than to debuff saves.

>Competing
And there's your problem: You think of only how to do it the best way and not the way some people want. And even then unlike whatever whiteroom theories or your DM does, not all fights are slugfests where you stand still while you exchange blows with the enemy like a pair of shit Street Fighter players who just found out how hadoken works. You might want to make that balor drop because the GM gave him Spring Attack.

Also, depends from the stakes. Maybe the problem is not the Balor hitting you, is the Balor going to point X.
So the wizard dimensional anchored him, the terrain does not allow him to fly high, but he can still walk there so it's your turn.

>If you make the stabilize check, you gain a hit point, but are still Dying. If you make another save at 1 HP, you are no longer Dying, and you regain consciousness
I already foresee so many ways to abuse this it's not even funny

I ask.. what it needed? Genuine question.

Options don't exist in a vacuum separate from everything else. It's not a problem to notice that it doesn't stack up to basic fucking full attacks.

When the fuck did /pfg/ get infested with you retards again?

That sounds like ass to be honest.

You have a very limited playstyle and that's about it.
But that's fine, you are not recuperable in any way or manner, I read your bullshit all the time.

>is the Balor going to point X.
Sounds like a job for the Barbarian that can pounce and put him down in a single full attack, or the archer Paladin or Fighter doing the same from a distance.

It's actually really fun in playtest!

If it's suitable for the situation, yes. I hope there is no deflection, windwall or some other effect going on.
You see the point that is game is a mess, but is so complex that you cannot really come with an universal solution unless you play with very autistic people.

The only bullshit here is you trying to justify combat maneuvers being terrible.

Man, you're really working for those nickles aren't you shill?

called shots are an optional rule. Stop using them as an point in your 'argument' it just makes you look retarded.

>I hope there is no deflection, windwall or some other effect going on.
You mean things that will also fuck with your ability to use combat maneuvers or ability to get into position to use one? Fancy that.

Nope. You have been shown situations and numbers.
And is just the tip of the iceberg. The fact that you think that any combat must finish with the dead of the enemy is telling of how limited your view is. You are like a videogame player.
Sometimes because of promises, diplomacy, morality, misunderstanding, compulsions you cannot just outright kill the enemy and you have to work to disable and delay.
Again, you have a limited style and that's ok, but do not project on other your limits.

cyclonic exists you mongoloid. And archers can get their to-hit high enough that you hit on a 2 even with you last iteratives and clustered shots annihilates DR.

>Any positive opinion is shilling
Is this the new face of autism?

>You have been shown situations and numbers
No, you've shown me contrived scenarios that look nothing like what you will actually see in play while conveniently ignoring the other things martials can do.
>The fact that you think that any combat must finish with the dead of the enemy is telling of how limited your view is.
>You can use a melee weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage instead, but you take a –4 penalty on your attack roll.
Still more reliable than combat maneuvers.

And you seem to be coming in Pathfinder general thinking this is some other fucking game and that killing the enemy isn't the only way a martial can meaningfully contribute to a combat and that situations in witch combats don't or shouldn't end with the death of the enemy aren't the vast majority of fucking encounters. One or two encounters that end with the enemy agreeing to parlay or fuck off doesn't make combat maneuvers not fucking ass.

And fuck, just fucking hitting them an attack until they are dying and stabilizing them afterwords is more efficient than muh grappling/muh tripping, etc.

Those are not called shot. These are not houserules: you have CMB and CMB to resolve unusual strikes and maneuvers, and a general framwork in which those maneuvers can fall into (it's a trip? Is a dirty trick?).
If you refuse to use them, quit whining, is not my problem. Unless you want the powers specifically spelled out like in 4th. In this case you are cancer and cause of the bloat.
Not necessarily. For sure not wind wall.
>cyclonic
Ah sure, every enchantment and equipment is always available. I forgot this is a MMORPG.