Mystra argued with Helm saying she had nothing to do with the theft of the Tablets of Fate and to let her pass so that...

>Mystra argued with Helm saying she had nothing to do with the theft of the Tablets of Fate and to let her pass so that she might speak to Lord Ao and regain her rightful place as keeper of the Weave. Helm steadfastly refused to let her pass and gave her fair warning. Furious, she attacked him with bolts and beams of energy, fire and ice, mystic blades and magical hammers, and dread creatures with fangs and claws, coils and maws, wings and tentacles. Helm held firm, absorbing or brushing off each of her assaults. Weeping blue-flame tears of anger and frustration, she grappled with Helm and fire leaped from her mouth. Helm held her off with one hand and raised his visor. As their gaze met, Mystra let out a terrible scream heard across the Realms as she saw her doom written in his face. Helm drew back and punched his gauntleted fist through her chest and Caitlan's body exploded in a blindingly hot flash of devastating power.

Have virgin magic fags ever recovered from the creator of magic getting btfo by chad muscleman?

Attached: MystraVsHelm.jpg (591x320, 77K)

Prople have known since forever that Helm is best god

Mystra is the purest form of cancer. She has repeatedly ruined an entire setting, usually directly through her actions, with each edition anew, and multiple times during them. She is literally one of the primary reasons Forgotten Realms is trash, and Boccob is a strikingly elegant solution to her position applied in Greyhawk.

That Mystra somehow passes as Neutral Good, or that Helm somehow got even the tiniest bit of flak for his actions, just shows how up their own ass the writers were.

Defying the will of the Overgod is not a good act. In fact it is likely by his perspective that alignment is judged in the first place. Purely having or bringing information or knowledge is not a good act. Knowledge itself isn't inherently good. Defying Helm and Ao is not a good act, it is, technically, a Chaotic act, but Mystra isn't Chaotic, she's Neutral on that axis, so she should be able to take the fucking hint. Choosing violence against a god you know to be just, faithful and righteous as your FIRST FUCKING SOLUTION is not just not a good act, but a directly evil one.

>Begone THOT

Helm is AO's DmPC or simple AO himself poking around his creation.
Mystra is a Greater Power in all editions and of a fundamental element, that being magic. She gazed upon Helm's Face and died.
Its AO.

Good. Fuck Mystra.

>Boccob is a strikingly elegant solution to her position applied in Greyhawk.

Explain.

>tfw you get so fucking angry that you make a god scream with terror just by looking at them

Boccob is the God of Magic AND Knowledge. He would be, in essence, the most powerful god by far and all but untouchable as he knows all and has power of all. God of Magic doesn't mean just ARCANE Magic in Greyhawk either. Divine Spells? Yep, that's Magic.

So what did they do to balance the God of Magic and Knowledge? They did the most fitting thing: They made him a wizard in personality. Boccob doesn't give two fucks about religion, as most wizards do, and simply prefers to sit in his Library in the Outlands and check out his sweet books and create new spells (The creation of new magic is one of the very few things he is actually known to encourage or at least, kind of care about).

He is simply known as Boccob the Uncaring to mortals. He has followers and temples, but they basically act as Magic Shops. They offer ID of magic items, curse lifting, spell libraries. That kind of stuff. Clerics of Boccob don't really expect much appreciation from their god. It's more that much like him they took up the same hobby and got together to do it.

There's some deities that have some access to parts of his domains, like Wee Jas who has some magic going on but has a clear agenda and isn't nearly as universal, and Vecna who given his domain of secrets has sort of partiality to the domain of knowledge, but also... pretty marginal and strong agenda.

Also he basically dresses like Rincewind.

Wow, I had no idea Mystra went out like such a bitch.

Also, it feels good that every cleric and paladin I ever played in the Realms were adherents of Helm, though there weren't many.

This is especially supported by the fact that Helm really shouldn't exist, considering his domain could easily be covered by a dozen other gods, and his mortal worshipers are fairly few aside from paladins.

>be a woman
>throw violent tantrum
>have cucks insist that you're the good guy
sounds about right

Mystra woulda been fine, had she not be Ed Greenwoods waifu. Making her the lover of Elminster (and any other character Greenwood writes, actuallly) is the main reason she is so trash.

God that part of the book was so hilarious. They go on this quest to help the god child unite with her essence, ressurect mystra, and she gets WAN PAANNNCHHHHHd by Helm

Helm best god

Helm also had a hard life. His Waifu got destroyed in the dawn cataclysm by that smug fuck Lathander

Helm does empower magic-wielding clerics, right?

Partly it's that Paladins beleive harder than most worshippers of other gods, so he's basically a concentrated version of a god.

The other is that magic is terrible at direct damage in D&D, a goddess of magic who tries to move past something that doesn't just planeshift it out of the way or force cage it and walk around it or just teleport where she wanted to go isn't a well written goddess of magic.

(so yeah, she jobbed to Helm because the plot needed her to so she acted dumb. "I cast all my direct damage dealing spells at Helm, because I am an idiot!" "I, Helm, cast FIST!")

It hasn't been the first time waifufags got BTFO by lore. This is Ameiko Kaijutsu's original picture in Burnt Offerings, submitted by an artist that probably got sick and tired of hearing about her.

Attached: Ameiko Kaijitsu.png (245x188, 93K)

Who has the best pallies, Helm or Ilmater?

For context, this is how she's 'correctly' portrayed.

Attached: 250px-Ameiko.jpg (250x457, 28K)

*last
God I'm tired. But I'll stay up anyways.

That look terrible.

Mystra wasn't the God of Wizards or Intelligence, that was Azure and Oghma, both of whom are bro-tier.
Mystra was the god of lolsorandom magic and shitfits. Shes the goddess who tried to single-handedly take on the entire Nine Hells because Ed Greenwood got kidnapped. She's the one who got killed the first time because she was literally too stupid to notice Shar's incredibly obvious distraction.

Torm
This, Mystra is/was the goddess of magic as a force of nature and sorcs

Azuth, who is based, is/was god of wizards

I know. The Dreamworks face is strong with this one.

Keep out of this, tormite

HE IS RISEN, HE IS RIGHTEOUS

Though I always thought instead of being the god of duty and paladins (which is Helms thing) Torm should have been the Chaotic Good avenger, the god of killing evil fucks. That way the triumvirate would have been Lawful Good (Tyr), Neutral Good (Illmater) and Chaotic Good (Torm)

But the cancer was there throughout EVERY ITERATION of Mystra and she has ruined SEVERAL EDITIONS in her current incarnation each time. Several times even the big cataclysmic shit that ruined everything in-world is even directly because of her actions, and has usually to do with her fucking dying again and her succession being an enormous shitshow every time only to end up being another crazed lunatic that inevitably fucks up the setting at the next opportunity.

Helm was the only god that was allowed to remain a god during the Time of Troubles and was tasked with guarding the entrance to the divine realms. He was given the entire power of Ao himself to smite interlopes with. So he did.

Ideally every good-aligned Wizard in FR should be a worshipper of, or at least thankful to, Helm for taking control over magic away from a crazy fucking bitch that was completely out of control.

She got punched in half. Might be the funniest thing to ever happen in FR.

Didn't Mystara accidentally an entire plane's access to magic just by dying like a bitch to a nobody? Or am i misremembering?

It's less funny than half of Jan Jansen's stories. Like when his Uncle briefly was Lord of Murder.

Dying like a bitch to fuck over the entire setting in-world and the system IRL is like a rite of passage for every incarnation of Mystra. They have a terrible half-life.

Time to list all of Mystra's fuckups
>Is the entire reason FR is SWARMING with Liches, Ancient netheril literally had Lich rites as fucking common bookshelf topics- it was literally the goddamned retirement plan back in the day, you want to become a Lich? Netherse Ruin- shit is common loot there
>Is literally the entire reason why Orcus exists- according to dear Gary Gygax because she let people do whatever the fuck they wanted with Dweomers Orcus Literally went The Goal of All life is death and nuked himself into the abyss leading to Throne of Bloodstone, Dead Gods, Ghostwalk, and just about everything else past that that effectively made Orcus one of the most broken fucking enemies in the entire game always at the cusp of deification.
>Entire reason why everyone knows all of a Lich's natural abiltiies because of her letting shit get popular
>Created spontaneous Lichdom to allow wizards to continue projects they've exceeded their lifetimes on until they finished then expire but never removed it, necromancers later discover and innovate- you literally just need to put yourself into a trance as you work on a phylactery to trigger the Lich effect she left behind, and when you finish the project which is the phylactery, you don't expire! Skips the entire need for poison, ritual grounds etc-
>Let Dracoliches come to be allowing for Sammaster's scalie edgelord fetish Tiamat cult to go full swing, plunging the realms into endless middle-east tier wars for generations to come, far more destructive than even Shar V Selune conflicts
>Has literal anarchist cult of literal AntiFA tier doogooders who have singlehandedly prevented the invention of gunpowder, railworks, ship cannons, ended the creation of airships, and has generally shat on innovation and progress itself
Holy shit, FR needs to make the Chaotic Evil Ending of NWN2 canon so the Elder Evil incursion fucks half the deities up including this bitch.

>Has literal anarchist cult of literal AntiFA tier doogooders who have singlehandedly prevented the invention of gunpowder, railworks, ship cannons, ended the creation of airships, and has generally shat on innovation and progress itself

Literally the WE MUST SHED BLOOD TO SUPPRESS THE KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO MAKE NON-MAGIC COLOURFUL SPARKLES/LARGE QUANTITIES OF BAR METAL IS THE HIGH ROAD TO EVIL/THERMOS CANS ARE THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL/THOU SHALT NOT CREATE PLEATS ABOVE YE SIZE group.

This is hilarious.

Reminder than Helm's symbol is literally a right backhand.

Attached: Helm_symbol.jpg (400x652, 53K)

To be fair most of the Lich related stuff is from back when she was CN, also governed time travel, and was of the opinion that short of someone setting into motion events that would destroy all of causality, who is she to fuck with their personal liberties to live as they choose?

Of course that came to fuck her with the whole Karsus' Folly, but that's why her replacement was a bit insane and started limiting things. As I recall that replacement was CG as well, and it wasn't until the post-ToT Mystra that she became NG.

Though on that note I am reminded Iwanted to do a plot that involved the time gates said to be hidden in temples dedicated to the first mystra (mystryl).

They shoulda just declare Mystra officially Chaotic Neutral after th Helm episode and said that the entire plan is that she and Shar fighting over the Weave is basically intended to just stack the two crazy ass bitches against each other so they keep each other occupied without fucking it up for everything else. Queue Lolth giggling in the corner at those two basic bitches having played themselves, as a weaver of webs herself.

That sir, is a pimphand.

Honestly maybe by the time the same fucking deity had to go to her third incarnation because they all sucked and all consistently fucked up maybe it was time to split up the domains between more stable guys and just fuck her. Or give Shar a slap across the face to straighten her out and let her administer the Weave as LN or something.

>Someone tries to steal from Boccob's library
>Turns the wrong corner, runs right into him
>"Oh, that's a good one. Don't crease the pages. Take this bookmark with you, and bring them both back when you're done."
>Centuries later, a skeletal lich returns with the book
>"Ah, I've been looking for that one. Was it you who borrowed it, or did she end up losing it before she could bring it back?"
>Vecna stares at Boccob, as long and hard as one can manage with a single eye, and wordlessly returns the book

Wait, did he call Vecna a girlface soyboy?

Vecna is the original 3eeabo according to canon, so it kind of fits.

Greyhawk truly is the best setting.

Whenever i play a game set in Faerun i usually make sure to play at least 1 vengance paladin who set out to kill of Mystra and any of her followers.

Count the ribs. Make your own guess.

Attached: Vecna.jpg (400x210, 24K)

Honestly now i want a Monk tradition inspired by Helm.

I hope it's about converting your Flurry Of Blows potential into a single roll.

>Spend a ki point for the ability to roll all of your attacks into a single attack roll. If it hits, you roll all of your damage dice as if all of them hit with that attack roll. For example, if you were a level five monk, you would have two attacks at 1d6 each and would roll 2d6 plus your relevant damage modifiers.
>In addition, if you hit and choose to pay another ki point, you may include the damage from your Flurry Of Blows to your dice roll. Using the previous example, a level five monk would gain an additional 2d6 damage from two successful hits, resulting in a total of 4d6 plus relevant damage modifiers.

In AD&D Helm did have monks but I don't think they got anything special.

Which kind of makes sense, as much as we like to talk up Helm, to be accepted as one of his clergy you had to be rich, since the ceremonial garb of Helm required you to have a full plate, often with minor enchantments to keep it beautiful, or adorned with gold filigree.

The only exception are those who live in cities that have laws against walking around looking armed to the teeth, where in such a case you were still supposed to wear a proper beautified helmet and huge fucking pauldrons.

I'd play it. I like the idea of Helm's monk tradition being all about condensing potential into singular actions. Do stuff like transforming your slow falls and leaps into single direction unstoppable bull rushes or forfeiting your deflection bonuses for being able to hard parry attacks with them. I don't really play monks much, but it sounds like it would be fun.

Actually, there's a Lich that has Vecna's actual heart transplanted in her chest, and is allegedly his most trusted subordinate.

Also- Vecna was around for the whole No-regen use corpse Lich rule, which is now, thanks to innovation- a thing of the past that only occurs mid-transformation into Lichdom.

Also that image is for Vecna Avatars- so it could have been brought forth via female sacrifice- using the body as a template.

If all else is defunct- it's because Vecna is literally the son of a Whore to the Abyss who literally opened her legs to every fucking demon Published in WOTC and TSR history and got super powerful from the aftersex pillow-talk, who then got lynched.

Vecna's life after that was a campaign of him, screaming at the top of his lungs, causing explosions which catapulted his progress in life.
>Becomes Lich, revenge against native government
>LolJks leaders, kills citizenry
>Right hand man with Extreme mongrel issues blows him up, loses eye and hand, mongrl promoted, get's his own self-resting module playground, complete with inert black hole disguised as a sphere of annhillation
>Attempts to become god
>Blows himself up along with kaz, trapped in the "still better than 5e" Ravenloft
>Attempts to escape Ravenloft
>Blows himself up
>Attempts to seize the power of Sigil, wresting it from the lady of fucking pain and causing D&D3e-3.5
>Blows himself up
Vecna's entire life-unlife has been a repetitive feedback loop of angry skeleton shreiking and spontanious ritual explosion.

He's also a massive mommy's boy who actually had the gall to talk shit about dragon-fucking, saying it's bestiality and saying it gives you his brand of OC-Donut Steel Evil points- which are a thing, next to 2nd Darkness Domain that differs from the default one.

For whatever reason, the guaranteed place to find his hand and eye is on Orcus's layer of the abyss- probably to cusp the fat bastards balls or something- next to his book.

Again, Boccob is in every way a wizard. He gives no fucks and knows that he is, essentially, a loaded shotgun ready to go off at any moment. It just so happens that he isn't just a mortal shotgun with mortal-killing shells, but the biggest, most godly shotgun with god-killing rounds. He just doesn't do it because it would be boring and he doesn't care and its not like anyone could ever step up to him anyway.

IIRC the fight with his vampire lieutenant subordinate did actually end in his apotheosis, but at the loss of the hand and eye and with the lieutenant becoming a vestige you can bind as a Binder. The Hand and Eye are well-known artifacts, but the sword wielded by the vampire to cut them off is actually also one, and it is EXTREMELY good at killing liches. Like, disgustingly so.

Really? I don't remember the sword of Kas having any specific lich-killing ability. Not even general undead-killing. The Kas vestige did have lots of neat anti-undead goodies though.

>did actually end in his apotheosis
Only to demigodhood, which is how Ravenloft managed to keep him there. In Die Vecna Die he manages to get the power of Iuz and become a full god.

Yeah the vestige is definitely the thing to pick if you're getting up to fighting Undead or even Vecna himself. Arguably he could also be questioned about the artifacts. It would have been nice had the sword been given a progression similar to the Nine Swords from Tome of Battle with its major powers only unlocked by binding the vestige of Kas to the wielder.

what the hell statblock are you looking at for the sword of kas? the biggest whoop is it gets a few decent spells per day and is an intelligent item. at least that's the 3.5 one.

Attached: 1519874041217.jpg (171x254, 42K)

5e rendition does 2d10 extra damage to undead on a hit

I mean the best thing the 3.5 one gets is being a fucking Keen Vorpal Longsword. The first ever vorpal longsword too, because longswords crit a lot. Oh it also gives +10 STR.

But yeah its an undead killer in 5e now. And lost a lot of its other stuff.

If I recall, Kas is actually his own Vampire Variant in 3.5- classing any bleed or negative energy draining weapon to his blood drain temp hp gain, sporting an extra amount of STR opposed to the default vampire template, at the cost of domination being replaced with suggestion.

This is also with his age category benefits to boot- which S&S covered, as he's a 900 year old vampire.

Anyhow, after Ravenloft or when Vecna actually became a full deity, Kas got blown up or ended up a vestige, and I think his weapon became a legacy weapon, in addition to it's default state.

Another issue with kas is that 4e fucked itself and proceeded to copy-paste the Black Duke, a Vampire Servant of Orcus's design for him, and they accidentally thought it was kas and used it for the stuff he appeared in in that addition.

Kas is supposed to be this black helmed batshit insane pure CE Highlander backstabbing mega-cunt vampire dude. Vecna is pretty much that Die Vecna die apperance of him or "Literally male Yzma from emperor's new groove" design wise.

I really wish someone would scan tat comic with Kaz/Kas (the betrayer/that other title, it's a bit wonky like Orcus's titles) for others to read.

Originally the sword of kas was alright if you didn't mind murdering people.

Also it was destined to fail against Vecna.

Attached: SwordofKas.jpg (1001x1417, 707K)

>She gazed upon Helm's Face and died.
actually she gazed on his face and screamed

she died when Helm punched her in half