What would cause a Cleric and a Paladin to come into conflict with each other?

What would cause a Cleric and a Paladin to come into conflict with each other?
>hard mode
They both follow the same god

Attached: 177992.png (2400x1600, 4.93M)

An evil deity or force has manipulated one of the two into believing that their god wants them to do something against the wishes of the other.

Cleric doesn't want to kill the baby

Paladin wants to kill the baby

This, or at least situations similar to this. Cleric is more interested in converting evil, while Paladin is more concerned with smiting evil. Cleric wants to save the souls of the damned, while Paladin wants to preserve the lives of the faithful.

Attached: hereith_angel_by_blazbaros-daishel.jpg (774x1032, 85K)

Doctrinal differences. Done.

Yeah it’s super easy. Today on campus I talked to an evangelical and a new age church and it was like night and day.

Tits or ass

Paladin and Cleric are both followers, but the paladin thinks best girl is Nagato. This brings him into conflict with the retarded cleric.

Their god encourages them to kill each other. Survival of the fittest or whatever.

Attached: 6658A0E6-8BD9-477E-953A-CABC5687291A.png (273x537, 16K)

let's say they both serve the same church. They uncover a secret that will bring great shame upon the church and potentially damage it irreparably. The cleric knows how much good the church does for the world, and thinks that by simply ignoring what they've uncovered that they can continue to do good in the world. The paladin thinks that the truth must come to light because that is the right thing to do.
Either of their opinions could be flipped.

The Cleric recently converted an evil-doer and wants to let him go so he can do some good in the world, but the Paladin wants him to face justice for the crimes he committed in the past.

Attached: 39959037_p0.png (2494x3502, 7.1M)

The Paladin is lawful and the Cleric is chaotic.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Cleric always wants to go to the populated centers where the unfaithful await the Gospel, while the Paladin always wants to go to the most dangerous areas on the fringes of society where the demons lie in wait.

Attached: 1521076455238.gif (320x240, 363K)

Cleric of Helm believes the best way to keep the town safe is through strict curfews and monitoring of where everyone goes and what they do.
Paladin of Helm believes that life isn't worth living if it's that strict, and that Helm teaches that they should act when trouble comes not try to prevent every possible trouble from happening.

The god itself is, in the Paladin's eyes, wrong or its understanding of the cosmic principles it represents is incomplete. The Cleric will be bound to follow the dogma of his god while the Paladin's oaths are to higher principles.

Tits = Paladin
Ass = Cleric

Attached: 1521076249668.jpg (589x720, 312K)

>They both follow the same god
Because two people who follow the same go have never fought eachother before, historically.

The Paladin calls the god "Deus".
The Cleric calls the god "Allah".
They both want to control Jerusalem.

Evil God

They are from rival factions

Suspicion of heresy

In my setting, paladins do not fall, but they are sanctioned by a church that unlocks their divine potential. The terms of this agreement are up to both parties, but the conflict comes from a couple of small details. There is no such thing as falling, and the paladin's power unmistakably shows who sanctioned them,

This can have consequences ranging from petty (you didn't perform your prayer rites that we agreed to!) to heinous (I vetted for a homicidal maniac. I'm doomed.) Of course, there are specialized enforcers that can solve these problems from either side.

To answer your question briefly, it can happen when one of the two realizes they hold a lot more leverage than they were first aware of. The same thing that powers many conflicts really.

Can someone link the thread where the "hard mode" is actually hard?

Politics + money + religious dispute. Look no further than at the templars.

The paladin believes the pope interprets the word of god while the cleric believes no followers interpretation is more or less valid than another.

Attached: Luther-nailing-theses-560x538.jpg (560x538, 72K)

Paladins fighting a war to purge the land of saracens heretics etc. (islamic invasion of spain) Corrupt king / noble buys head clerics allegiance and the cleric calls an entirely new holy war draining resources for the paladins and weaking the religions precense in the area and fucking up everyrhing for everyone (1st - 4th crusades). This creates a rift between both factions, they can split into many different autistic interpretations of the same thing because they all want to be THE special brand of retarded (orthodox, catholics, protestants).

In a fight to the death between a Cleric and a Paladin with the same level as each other, who would win?

Attached: 112e53b2717f906bdb8664f818bffca9.jpg (640x560, 121K)

A fly has taken a dump on the holy text at just the right place to alter the meaning of an entire sentence.

The paladin thinks the flyspeck should be erased and the text restored but the cleric thinks the holy text is infallible and it was by the will of their god that the text got changed

that's bullshit, this whole thing is bullshit. thats a scam. fuck the church, here's 95 reasons why

Depends on the domains and oaths of the Cleric and Paladin.

Attached: 1521073967207.jpg (640x640, 124K)

A god of justice and righteousness has turned evil and commands his followers to commit atrocities against the innocent. His cleric followers serve their god above all else, and do as he commands. His paladin followers serve trust and justice above all else; if their god has become corrupt then their god must be destroyed.

That's not hard at all. You can find tons of people of the same faith, using the same book, going to the same church debating how things are.

Interpretation.

And the warlock calls it Shay'tan

Both serve a god of peace. The paladin wants to kill evil to maintain peace while the cleric wants to convert it to good

The Cleric wants to marry an angel/god. The Paladin believes this to be a breach of conduct and won't allow him to do it.

Attached: 193170.jpg (1024x918, 352K)

each interprets their common religion differently

I need pictures of flesh horrors. Stitched together monstrosities that would put Frankenstein to shame.

I dont have any right now so i'll dump some constructs instead.

Attached: Gardna Golem.jpg (1363x1600, 811K)

Or you could just not invade an unrelated thread for this shit?

The Paladin says it isn't the same goddess. The Cleric says nothing has changed, it's the same divine power.

Attached: goddess.jpg (3616x661, 3.02M)

Guess I'm a Cleric man.

Conflicting ideologies.

sauce

what about flat?

Attached: I've got 95 theses but transsubstantiation aint one.png (560x366, 273K)

Justicar

damn it I thought sticking to blue boards would stop threads giving me new fetishes.

you honestly came to the wrong board if you were trying to avoid new fetishes. Before we had mods, this place was crazier than /d/. We may not be able to post our smut anymore, but that doesnt stop the mind.

We literally have hundreds of different universes, from high fantasy to high scifi, just take a look at the Monster Girl general for example. If you havent found an alien, demon, planar entity or anthro you havent wanted to fuck, you arent trying hard enough.