Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2113: Hey Can I Get a Ruling on [Thing]? Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread:

Attached: Jumpchain Intro PDF.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/filename/abyssals/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because fuck your independent thought.

Posting again since last thread died so soon.

Speaking of Exalted, the Lunars and Infernal jumps have these clauses:

>The Exaltation gained by you will not count being killed as death if you have extra life perks to resurrect without loss of the chain, nor will they immediately separate from you if you lose and are send home. Only final death counts. Any Companions with Exaltations will similarly not lose them if they respawn normally, only on final death.
>Likewise, out-of-jump modifications to your nature, your body, your mind, your soul, or anything else will not cause your Exaltation to stop recognizing you as human and fly off. In-jump means with that effect (such as learning Cosmic Principle of [Yozi]) may still cause it to leave you.

...however, only the Infernal and Lunar jumps have these clauses. Does this mean that dying and using a one-up, using an alt-form or otherwise acquiring significant alterations to your mind, soul, or body will cause your Solar, Sidereal, and Dragon-Blooded Exaltations to fly off?

Also, it obviously doesn't count for Infernals, but would becoming a Devil Tiger breach the humanity clause for the Lunar Exaltation?

>Solar, Sidereal, and Dragon-Blooded Exaltations to fly off?
Well for Deebs its genetic so no. The other two is a pretty definite no, if someone says otherwise punch them in the face and remind yourself its a single player game. No point going to Exalted if you dont get to keep your god damn exaltation like a perk

You went back a number.

Your failure will not be forgotten.

To the user who mentioned Undocumented Features last thread, thankyou, that's a gem of a jump.

In five sentences, explain what the fuck the Certain Scientific Railgun / Certain Magical Index setting is, is about, means, and the basics.

Because all I can get from a friend is that trying to dual-class results in fatal brain damage because the author couldn't write about that being the optimal strategy.

Setting: Magic vs Super Science/Psionics on a Modern/Near-Future Earth.
Story: Shounen + Harem

Magic and science are at war. Except neither of them are really either. Nothing actually exists, it's just a bunch of illusions so convincing they can affect reality. The protagonist can break the illusions by touching them. The villains all want to make their particular illusion objectively true.

Lolis bully each other until some of them die, and others get sent to another dimension. Also Aleister Crowley is currently a loli.

Think of it a lot like the dinosaur appliances from The Flintstones. Clearly sapient but not at all interested in something different in life. Living tools that were still quite able to be happy without choice of a job. Maybe even better in some ways.

As such my experiments went into high gear, and I started making lifeforms to fulfill roles and purposes in my Mega-corporation. I also made my most of my companions that weren't Sekireis.... Of course having the ability to completely tailor my companions physical abilities, personality, and appearance to my whims and already having girls who were adapted to a communal sort of love made my choices...well predictable I suppose. I made monster girl waifus. Manly based off my favorite fictional waifus. So hey, no muss no fuss of trying to woe girls who might not be able to handle or want to travel to other universes for hundreds of years.

I named these lifeforms collectively as Neo-Yokai. Mainly as way of identifying them as a semi-species.

Of course with more jumps more ways of creating neo-yokai showed up and I experimented further. Eventually I procured the designs for the Bright/Zartion Hominid Replicators from SCP (SCP-2000 for the curious) and implanted modified and expanded versions in my ar tonelico Towers. As my towers keep modifications these means I have a megastructure not only capable of self-creation in a matter of years but can create or even duplicate entire species at the same time.

Attached: Mele.jpg (562x584, 127K)

Heavens, is there any point to taking Titanic Strength if you're a Kryptonian?

Heavens went to bed and according to him they stack

Thanks

Witches in the Vampire Diaries are capable of creating duplicate worlds so I don't see why you couldn't cast a world wide magic spell to make all the vampires super sparkly all of the time.

>, that's a gem of a jump.
Lensman rings though

>Heavens, is there any point to taking Titanic Strength if you're a Kryptonian?
Its backup in the jump if someone turned them off by red sun rays or k stones

That's a good point too.

Because I'm neither a fag nor an ultimate lifeform yet

How sad is it that between your explanations which actually make sense, my friend breaking down into in-detail explanations, and a wiki-dive later...

I still cannot fucking comprehend this setting. WHO WROTE THIS SHIT.

Some dude.

Maybe you're just retarded? It /would/ explain why you're doing so poorly on the WoW update.

You call someone else retarded, and yet you... Somehow... Someway... Continue to get other people confused with a namefag who you've successfully driven into no longer posting.

You need help, mate. Psychiatric help.

user it's not that complicated, don't overthink it.

>Because I'm neither a fag nor an ultimate lifeform
The point is to cause global chaos and get rid of the masquerade.

It's too late.
I'm overthinking it.
How are half these metaphysics supposed to even function and why are half the superpowers fueled by quantum brain damage.

UF jump's main appeal to me is the kitchen sink nature of the setting and the DIY spaceship section.

All the vampires controlling the government would be exposed.

He still posts though. I've seen him answer questions about his benefactor and jumper

I think you're too autistic or you're getting two series mixed up user. Just watch the first episode.

Aaaa-huh.
Right.
And yet despite ""knowing"" it's him posting, you still insist on accusing God and Everybody Else of being him.

Despite his chain details being known publicly and you and your cronies' having a ""wonderful"" track record of impersonating posters to later fuel your own shitposting tirades.

I don't think a psychiatrist is going to be enough, and we don't have mental asylums anymore.

If it was that easy, why hasn't it been done? It's not like there's a shortage of powerful vampire-hating witches, after all.

Because it runs on stuff like Nasuverse rules. Thought affects reality. Mages tap into the public unconsciousness to bring forth stuff out of myth and stories. Espers get their brain supercharged / twisted so they can enforce their personal reality on the world in specific ways.

Well then he's an even bigger retard, sticking around a community where even Bancho doesn't want him around.

Witches are brain damaged because the show keeps giving them the idiot ball.

>How are half these metaphysics supposed to even function
They aren't. Like I said, none of it really exists. Whenever a wizard wants to do something, they create an artificial universe where what they're doing makes sense and impose it as a filter over actual reality. The reason it all seems so contradictory is because it actually is contradictory.

Well it just got awkwardly quiet.

*cough*

Cricket noises

Hi. What's the protocol for updating an abandoned jump?

Attached: Gold-crystals.jpg (4788x3102, 3.75M)

Abandoned jumps on the drive are a never-ever thing unless you have the original author's permission. Abandoned WIPs or claims... people might unofficially let it slide depending on the circumstances.

My internet just dropped out for ten minutes, as it happens.

Thank you.

So, have anyone seen SprungGeoduck recently?

Pervy Shota Demon Weapon and his Oneechan Meister.
Yes or yes?

A very definite or

I want my squad to be 4, which means 3 companions. Any more than that and it gets unwieldly to imagine, and unfair in terms of item purchasing. But I'm indecisive and there's 7nCr3 ways to choose a group from Rin Tohsaka, Luvia Edelfelt, Olga Marie Animusphere, Astolfo, Nero Claudius, Fine Wine Kuro, and Generic OC Homunculus. Further, they come from different jumps, so it's important to figure out the order of purchasing them, and I want to get them all as early as possible so we can squad up in as many jumps as we can.

Help me anons

No, oneechan demon weapon and his pervy shota master

Yiff in Hell, Fate-fag.

Have you considered just getting OC instead of Fate characters? It could help a lot.

I fell asleep, but holy shit, thanks. Exactly what I was hoping for.

>That's a good point too.
Also implies some sort of wrestling proficiency, those are good

>the kitchen sink nature
If you have multiverse hopping cabability it is a fun setting to play with

>Hi. What's the protocol for updating an abandoned jump?
Fanfics, spin-offs or another media (say the novel, the anime, the cartoon or whatevs)

> or another media (say the novel, the anime, the cartoon or whatevs)
That's...not really how it works. The only time that goes that way is when there's huge differences, not just having a different media format.

Stomper, you should just really stop trying to answer questions about how jumpchain works. You have enough issues without injecting your idiocy into that too.

When the Iron Giant jump is done you too can be the size of 11 and a third boys

>That's...not really how it works
thanks for the clarification

Attached: 53c57bfaadba52ee50069e3888252b3d.jpg (1200x800, 145K)

How so?

How to handle upgrade collection for the Metroid jump?

>Maker of Magic (Weakness of Beatrice)
>I Cheat (Justice League Dark)
>Conjoined Conjures (Cardcaptor Sakura)

If I used any of these perks to switch Dragon Age magic over to a different energy source, and then remove its reliance on/use of the Fade... Am I correct in assuming it wouldn't be able to do anything anymore, or would it still work just 'cuz?

What exactly do you mean? If you mean the magic not doing anything, then the persk are kind of designed to let them keep functioning anyway. If you mean the Fade and invading giant spider demons and Darkspawn and such, then theoretically yeah, they'd have no more truck with the new magic system.

Whether they could find a backdoor or some other way in to the real world anyway is still a bit of an open question, when exactly what the Old Gods and Elvin pantheons were is unclear.

Anybody know what all callsigns are canonically used in Crysis?
I remember there being a list of callsigns for Nanosuits in one of the intel sidequest things, but I don't have the game anymore and apparently nobody else on the internet gives a shit. I can't find this information anywhere.

So since it's been more than three months with no updates or progress from the author, the Bastard!! claim has arguably expired, and thus the original version is eligible for the drive. We're trying to avoid double standards and all that.

Attached: tmp_26629-Bastard!! Jumpchain v1.1387840339.pdf (PDF, 376K)

We have our own version.

No, we have part of it/an abandoned WIP.

Personally, I'm confused. Isn't the Bastard!! jump now a two-parter by Rose and Valeria?

Yes. We only have a fraction of the jump and the actual offer hasn't posted in months.

It's just a shit poster.

It is, yeah. Just been delays on the second part, we already have part one. Definitely better than the shit fest SB has to offer.

Where to get airships?

Attached: ad24576072a49c1e4207d39f686ece0c.jpg (1500x2122, 1.63M)

When should one give perks to allow a jumper to do things surpassing the limits/mitigating the weaknesses of abilities in canon? It seems to happen far more often than it should.

Attached: tmp_26629-15197750926251157352964.jpg (6850x4716, 3.96M)

What do you think it the allowed amount for it to happen? It seems more important to establish where and why you think it goes too far. It's a pretty common since even in the very early days of JC to give perks based on avoiding the mistakes that characters made in series or to mitigate their weaknesses.

FF9, you can even get airship engineering techniques that break the laws of physics

Kirby's Dream Land i think

We need to compile a list of jumpmaking sins. Please try to include only one sin per each jumpmaker entry. To illustrate:

>Valeria: Offering the ability to be a Hellstar in Hellstar Remina

Not

>BLADE: Allowing you to be an invincible planet buster in a penguin flash game, nuBleach, etc.

You've committed the greatest, and most unforgivable of them right now: Demanding lists. We expect your honorable sudoku by sunset to redeem your household's disgrace, and restore the Mandate of Quicksilver to our kingdom.

Me: Trading my soul for masterful Jumpmaking ability.

Attached: satan-e1348776842386.jpg (600x450, 49K)

We need you to fuck off.

You got ripped off.

I pooped my pants

I know dude, just look at that guy. I can't believe I mistook him for the real Prince of Darkness when it was actually just some fat guy in a devil costume.

I mean, it's a moot point since Sonic already has my soul, but still.

>Valeria's first "jump" was the Arena Supplement
Huh. That explains a lot.

>your first "post" was shit
Huh. That explains a lot.

Mardukth, if you're still around: I just got a look at the Abyssal WIP, and Secrets of the Black Nadir Concordant seems like a strange capstone perk because it feels more like a tiered necromancy purchase like the tiered sorcery purchases in your other jumps. Am I missing something, or does it do more than that?

>Abyssal WIP
Can repost?

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/filename/abyssals/

Oh, that thing where she spent her time helping another namefag on their first work because they were having trouble getting it received well, so she spent hours and hours talking on the IRC to Mad Hatter to get his supplement to a level where people would like it?

Yeah, she seems to be pretty helpful.

Please forgive /jc/ on a whole has been trained to not understand the difference.

B.but we need more lists.

>trying to avoid double standards

It's not a double standard to have reasons unrelated to claim expiry to reject a jump. The blandness of the plot armor, ressurection or luck perks; if they had more information about their context in the setting they might have been permissible but as they are they do not.

More importantly, the fact that it technically covers an era already covered by the Bastard! jump already accepted on the drive.

Fables when?

We have a finished jump that's on the drive. I don't care if you're falseflagging because you're a verbal masochist who likes being told he's a naughty boi or you're generally rooting for some SBer, that's good enough for me

user's lists are like his life: Worthless and uninteresting.

I'm going to try for next month, since finishing MK9&10 is my project for this month.

Thank you, YJ_user. I think that Satan gave you a lot of talent for your soul

Aw, thanks user.

That's all YJ_user's natural abilities. He traded his soul to a neckbeard in a costume calling himself Satin.

I'm glad some one's enjoying the Koolaid.

Just use perks from other jumps to get around that ruling. A jump document doesn't rule over the entirety of Jumpchain. If you have perks that allow you to unlock that, why wouldn't you be able of using them?

Jumps by these jumpmakers feel the least valid to me, in decreasing order of validity vibes:

>Valeria
>Reborn/nu-mib
>bancho/Wakfu/mib/whoever made DA:O

Valeria's jumps feel invalid often because they have ridiculous and powerful perks, often which aren't appropriate to the setting or are far more relatively valuable than their prices would imply. However, she does tend to include a shit-ton of options, most of which have a decent amount of thought put into them, and options are balanced relatively well within their price tier. Their relative rarity and utility can actually make it somewhat difficult to choose between them, especially with her tendency for punishing drawbacks Because it's not easy to shit out a satisfying build, there's a minor sense of challenge that make her jumps "feel" somewhat more valid than they otherwise would.

The last tier, however, generally have very few options, sometimes are appropriate for the setting, rarely have character, and often aren't even that good from a technical standpoint. With poor grammar and formatting, abysmal flow and balancing, etc. Some options are almost objectively worse than others, so it's easier to make builds for them because there's really not much worth taking and what is worthwhile is pretty obvious. It makes them feel less valid to jump, because you rarely ever have to apply yourself to make a (relatively) strong or satisfying build.

The second tier is pretty much the same as the last. Not all that great, but there's still some amount of choice there. Issue with Bleach is there's a lot of stipends, and it's not all that hard to rack up massive cosmic dosh with competent drawback choice. Also the options are still pretty cardboard.

Notes and fiat limitations are treated with about the same weight as drawbacks, here. Perks and items usually aren't.

Posts by this user feel the least valid to me, as an a priori ontological nadir for all conceivable discourse.

>(you)
>(((you)))
>4u

Your posts feel invalid often because they have ridiculous and nonsensical premises, often which aren't appropriate to jumpchain or are far less relatively blah blah blah

Arguably, the SBer claimed it first in our thread. Val then just dropped and said that her friend took priority and between Val's pandering and the SB hateboner, the thing eventually died and the jump was rejected from the drive.
Is Rose still working on it?

That's not true actually. It's why Alien, Fallout and LoT are still treated as trumping things like Drain No even though they're not technically drawbacks. Note restrictions are usually treated like chain-long drawbacks.

gib back YJ_user's soul. he doesn't deserve that for this