Did the Emperor love humanity, or the *idea* of humanity?

Did the Emperor love humanity, or the *idea* of humanity?

Attached: 400px-Lord_of_Mankind.jpg (400x518, 77K)

Both. He would not have resisted for so long on the golden throne otherwise.

Well then, thread's over, time to go home.

I guess we can always go with 'Why didn't the Emprah just x'

who's the emperor?

"There is a big man who sits on terra and is watching everithing you doo. And he has a certen set of rools that you have to obey. And if you dont he will send you to a place of eternal suffering, torture, burning, minderape and fear!... But he loves you! He loves you and he needs MONEY!"- Georgeus Carlin M41

Attached: photo.jpg (900x900, 146K)

>mfw George Carlin as Malcador

a human being.

Yes.

But his fatal flaw is that he isnt any good with people.

He is a plot device that does what the writer needs.

The Emperor isn't capoable of that kind of emotion. He doesn't love humans or humanity, he protects them because he feels he owns them.

This is why the quality of life for the humans who serve him is never an issue. He is perfectly fine if the vast majority of people on a hive world live in absolute squalor choking to death on 10,000 year old pollution. He just cares whether or not when he says jump they ask how high.

There are bigger things at stake here then whether all of humanity is super comfy you cretin.

You know I always wanted him to play the voice of god in a movie.

>literal demons and xenos exist in the 40k setting
>literal races hell bent on destroying all of humanity exist and frequently try to do so
>bleeding heart liberals are still so deluded as to think they can actually bring equality to trillions of people inhabiting millions of planets
I lose more hope for our world with each passing day

He loved the idea of what he thought humanity might become, like him. He also loved a few individual humans.

Yes, there is much at stake, but there is a difference between doing what must be done and go full asperg
>Lorgar, my son, come here. Look, there are those things in the Warp, they call themselfs Chaos Gods but they are psyker predators, they will grow in power of any kind of deep emotion or faith, and that's why we need to keep religion out of people's mind. I know you have the best of the intentions, but that's how it works. If you have any doubt, ask and I provide, but I demand you this: stop all kind of worship to my figure right now, otherwise you will be empowering the enemy
You know, that could have worked better than
>burn a city and force Lorgar and all his legion to kneel before me and Papa Smurf

I read that in his voice, feel strange.

Why must you drag /pol/itics into everything? This game does not change no matter how 'liberal' or 'conservative' you are. I seriously doubt there will be fluff saying "Oh, you voted Trump? OK, I won't ram this daemon down your throat". Try tearing your face away from whatever you call "news" and remember: IT'S A FUCKING TABLETOP GAME!

kys

I never got why the atheists in high school loved that line so much. You do the offerings because your church needs money because tax free doesn't mean maintenance free. Even the Catholic Church would eventually go broke if it totally shut offerings off but still had to pay to maintain its shit.

Though I guess the first part does raise a point. But I always remember them using the money point like it was the be all end all of arguments on the matter.