Start playing humans, Veeky Forums. Non-humans are edgy and stereotypical...

Start playing humans, Veeky Forums. Non-humans are edgy and stereotypical. Only with the myriad issues and blessings of human existence, familiar and mundane yet eternal and grand even in a fantasy world, can you make truly unique and meaningful characters.

Attached: Clementine_010.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

draconick.com/2017/11/19/the-argument-for-elves/
youtu.be/6jJIVK-daGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Objective fantasy race tier list

GOD TIER
Humans

GOOD TIER
Dwarves
Halflings
Orcs

OKAY TIER
Gnomes
Half-Breeds

SHIT TIER
Elves
"Dark" Versions of Above Races
Furry Races (Cat Men, Wolf Men, Rat Men, Lizardmen, etc)
Meme Non-Races (Skellingtons, Wookies, etc)

SNOWFLAKE TIER
Literally everything too special to not be listed already

>GOD TIER: humans
>GOOD TIER: a depiction of some specific human group
>OKAY TIER: even more wacky humans and semi-humans
>SHIT TIER AND BELOW: non-humans and mary sue humans
you are correct

Lizard people, insect people and robot people are all god tier.

Attached: gay.png (400x400, 171K)

Attached: Clementine_016.png (289x185, 42K)

What's it like to have no imagination?

Ask the nonhuman players

>someone made a derivative off of the post I made
I'm still playing non-humans, humie scum, but you're pretty good. I'll eat you last. In the non-murderous way

Attached: 1520894455129.png (250x381, 28K)

maybe only you can, but the best characters i've ever played wern't human. It's almost like people can roleplay different things. Human fighters can be super interesting, they can also be boring as fuck. IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON PLAYING THEM.

I'm not that user but the reason I prefer human characters is because they are a blank slate, and thus can be used in a variety of interesting roles. Players will expect dwarves to be dwarfy, and Elves to be elf-like, but humans are known for a vast array of cultures and personalities, so I don't feel compelled to create a character with a certain personality that I don't care for. If I create a character and he happens to be compatible with another race, then sure, I'll use that race, but otherwise I'm most likely to just go with humans.

Attached: 224274.jpg (800x932, 262K)

Races are stupid, Elves and Dwarves are classes anyway.

Dwarves and Elves are just re-skinned humans with special powers.

Boy we sure need more than one of these threads up at once, huh

The only race worth playing.

Attached: Yeti.jpg (1500x1257, 127K)

But I don't want to play a human, I want to play a spiderdude

Attached: lmeZ6SD.jpg (1678x2100, 447K)

Italians?

How dare you call skellingtons shit good sir

I disagree, I like playing odd races, it's fun not being vanilla when you have other flavors to try.
I like my shardminds, thank you.
I for one like shardminds

Attached: Shardmind_vs._Illithid.jpg (640x1155, 156K)

Fucking phone, didn't realize I repeated myself

Humans are OP though. I'd like to make the cleric feel more useful by picking Elf for the drop in CON for lower hp.

That's completely wrong.

GOD TIER
Humans who are personalities and differ culturally from modern humans
Dwarves who are personalities and are significantly different from surface-dwelling races both mentally and psychologically
Halflings who are personalities and are significantly different from tall races
Orcs who are personalities and are in some way different from the above
Gnomes who are personalities and are the right amount of weird/ comic relief without being "cuhrazy lolrandom XDXDXD"
Half-Breeds who are personalities and deal with differences of the two races/cultures of their ancestors, social stigmas, beliefs, etc.
Elves who are personalities and are sufficiently alien without being "cuhrazy lolrandom XDXDXD"
"Dark" Versions of Above Races who are personalities and are reasonably villainous/ grim/ "immoral" without being edgy
Furry Races who are personalities and have certain well thought over cultural background of their races
All not listed here who are personalities and have the justification to exist in the setting, as well as interesting backstories.

GOOD TIER
Humans who are basically !real life culture with a few twists
Dwarves who are Tolkien's dwarves with a few twists
Halflings who are basically hobbits
Orcs who are basically Mongols/ Turks/ Vikings
Gnomes who are basically tricksters, not overdone.
Elves who are basically Tolkien's elves or similar elves done right.
"Dark" Versions of Above Races in appropriate places.
Furry Races who are basically humans with appropriate animal instincts and traits without sliding into magical realm.

Cont.

OKAY TIER
Stereotypical germanic humans with modern European/Murrican morals
Dwarves who are basically Irish/ Germans but short and dwelling in mines.
Halflings who are basically humans but short and aware they're short.
Orcs who are basically generic warrior culture but larger and with tusks.
Gnomes who are basically tricksters, slightly overdone but bearable.
Elves who are basically humans but wize, arrogant, and elegant.
"Dark" Versions of Above Races in inappropriate places who are repenting the vilainous nature of their race's majority.
Furry Races who are basically humans but fluffier.

SHIT TIER
> I human fighter, i fight orcs cuz they give XP.
> I dwarf, I drink beer, fight enemies with an axe, and drink beer. Also hate elves.
> I halfling. I do cute things ayy lmao xdxdxd
> I orc, yo! Wazzup yo! let rape elfs xdxdxd
> I gnome! I magic cuz it funney xdxdxd LOLSORANDUM
> I elf, I gay hippy holier than thou randum xdxdxd
> I dark whatever, I do evulz 4 teh evuls cuz im edgy!
> I furry, I gay meow femdom woof meow moo fuck me

> both mentally and psychologically
Meant to say both mentally and physically

People who go HFY are edgier than people who play half-demons

>elves
>shit

Attached: B15973A3-86D5-491B-8F10-E73A704EFE1B.jpg (480x459, 16K)

FUG
THE
BUG

Or you can play a human with equipment or abilities that replicate that of spiders'. Way more interesting.

I actually prefer playing humans myself, but other races have their merits, especially if roleplayed correctly. You really shouldn't just discount things like that. I'm sure you have very strong opinions of those tiers you put out, and I'm glad you know what you like, but those rankings aren't objective by any means. As I said, I mainline human, but elves are good too, as are anything really if done right. But I think elves are ciminally underrated and misunderstood. I actually blogged about that topic, so I'm going to plug that because it's relevant and because I can.
>draconick.com/2017/11/19/the-argument-for-elves/

I don't get why people reduce nonhumans to a set of stereotypes and nothing else. If you actually approach a character from the perspective they'd have and don't just play a human in Star Trek makeup, then you can have a character whose behavior, morals, and views are different than any human's. It's not always something where you can just say "well I'll just play a human who's been through the same experiences" either. I am playing a lizardfolk in a game because of the inhuman mindset Volo's Guide describes for them, and it has made me consciously think about things in the game from a nonhuman perspective. I wish more races had descriptions that went into how their view of things differed from a human's, but the lack of that doesn't mean you can't think of it yourself.

git good
Seriously though, I've seen much better bait
Anyway, non-humans can be used for basically anything, just like humans can. Even if you in theory are expected to play a given race in a certain way, there's no reason you have to do that.
I really need to play that dwarven rogue some time.

This. This is what don't get.

Always good to see reason here

Attached: DA8D0094-B532-46D6-BB4D-3C9315AD4F49.png (230x230, 133K)

If your dwarfs/elfs/etc all share a certain personality type, then that's shit worldbuilding

Nah.

I'll be fine with my lizardmen.

>Group is almost always entirely non-human
>Almost always make my character human just to act as the "straight man" of the group to make the others antics contrast more

I like it, since it forces me to create vastly different personalities for each character to differentiate them

Attached: 1501529074060.png (700x900, 282K)

Anything you can make with a human, you can make with a nonhuman. People who play humans only are powergamers because they want that extra feat.

>I like to be the guy who stands out from all the rest
>Please praise my mundane and contrarian characters!
The irony is that you’re pretty much just as much of a snowflake as any player who tries to make a completely bonkers character just to stand out more. If the point of your PC is to draw attention to yourself, that’s a sign of bad group cohesion.

Surely a good character should stand out from the group at least a little, if for no other reason than to be able to them apart from the rest of the group.

Sensible user is best user.

Attached: Wicked chivalrous.jpg (269x294, 37K)

Man I cannot be bothered.

no

Attached: 1515958711259.jpg (2500x3226, 372K)

Orcs are literal shit tier.

This desu

youtu.be/6jJIVK-daGk

I play humans because interspecies pairings are my fetish.

Truly the high IQ option

>dwarves /halflings/orcs
>anything but below shit
kek

>humans
>anything but below below shit