(2FA RELATED) OFFICIALLY USE ME AS AN EXAMPLE WHEN IT COMES TO A LOST 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION

Ok my fellow Veeky Forums, Crypto Creeps (i.e. a term I created to describe my obsessive fellow Crypto buddies that love to gamble with Cryptos such as myself) I am officially on day 5 of my waiting period to regain access to my 3 major main accounts, Coinbase, Binance, and Bitstamp. I want to keep updating everyone as this unfolds so that way everyone can understand what kind of experience they will deal with if they lose the device with their 2FA. As many of you know (because I havent stopped posting about this issue Im dealing with and I have reached the point of wanting to do everything just short of throwing in the towel and hanging myself over possibly losing my entire life savings...) I have been locked out of my three major echange accounts. A quick recap: I dropped my phone in the toilet a few days back and it was the phone I designated for my 2FA for Coinbase, Bitstamp and Binance, and I tried everything possible to salvage the phone but it ultimately fried and burned out. I left it in rice for 4 or 5 days and that was a complete waste of time and joke. I have contacted each exchange company at least 2 to 3 times explaining in great detail what has happened and how much I am suffering psychologically over this because I am an obsessive day trader and night trader but I no longer have access to my entire life savings which wasn't much to start with but was becoming somewhat of a rather large amount of cash due to my extensive research on the crypto Market and making lots of great decisions for the first time in my life, lol. So I have not received any type of message from Binance and Bitstamp that shows they have received my ticket that I have submitted. Coinbase responded immeditely with some bogus message just telling me due to high volume dont expect any help any time soon. I tried to get them all to at the very least acknowledge that they understand my issue and have seen this problem before.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/accounts/answer/1187538?hl=en
support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en
support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003585911-How-to-reset-Google-2FA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I basically just need the 2FA off for one log in session into each exchange then I could simply remove or add the new Google Authenticator to my new cell phone with my new cell phone number. Heres one issue you should all be prepared for. With Bitstamp I have a print out of the barcode to scan and the seed numbers to type in and it successfully accepted it into my cellphone however the website Bitstamp would not accept the 6 number code as if it recognized that it was still on my primary phone and this was a second code that could not be used even though it was being generated for me. So this leads me to believe saving the Seed code and using it with any new device will not work unless you go through this entire process that I am currently dealing with. I have sent every one of these 3 exchange sites a copy of my Drivers license with a picture of me holding the license front and then back side and also with me in the picture clearly holding a document that shows proof of my address and that the individual in the picture and drivers license is me. This has become an epic mess.I have gone to multiple cellphone repair places to try to get my galaxy cellphone repaired so I can gather the code form the main board of the cellphone and they said it will not make a difference. Google Authenticator does not save your information when you reinstall it or transfer it and theres no official answer on how to take care of this problem there is also no human representative that will help you from either website. I never expected this of all things to happen to me.

bro use a Samsung Galaxy instead of that fking iphone and u can drop it in 10 toilets without having a problem

you're a dumb bitch for not writing down your seed

OP is fake and possibly gay. he has posted this everyday and is trying to scam everyone

Not green texting, cmon man

When people massively FUD binance, you know its because Binance is a good site and they want you to stop using it.

you can print a serie of one-time rescue code with your google account, use it to remove the 2FA on each websites

I still feel like I will never get my cash back. I have a lot of cash locked up and I feel like I have lost it all for good. I cant do anything with it and I cant even take a look to see what my numbers are and what my Crypto is worth. This whole 2FA system is a double edged sword. It truly protects you but its placed on a damn cell phone that is constantly at risk of getting damged. I use a Samsung Galaxy so both the front and back of the phone are made of glass which is bizarre and makes no sense so it can literally crack on both the back side and front side which has happened and it also prevents you from being able to upgrade the storage space yourself and you can not swap out the battery that constantly drains quickly and is always almost faulty on every galaxy. SO they sell us lemons now with nice cameras and losts of storage. I designated this phone for crypto use only and of course it falls in a damn bowl of water and gets destroyed. I am still asking for advice and I am still worried about never being able to log in again. Can anyone share any stories that may help make us feel a little more confident that this is an isolated incident that will be taken care of professionally from these three companies? Why hasnt anyone even tried to contact me at all to let me know its under investigation? All three exchange sites require a grace period to prove my identification before I even started to trade and I already uploaded my drivers license with proof of documentation front and back already 2 times for each site before this incident and now its somewhere around 4 to 5 times total per site. This is insane and ridiculous. Just grant me access again to my own damn accounts... Hell I would even be willing to pay the sites a percentage of my earnings just as a tip for which ever employee or representative can get me into my damn account per site...

Dude I did say I wrote down my seed and I said it didnt work it still says failed when I type the new password numbers in...

>specifically state it'll take more than a week for a google auth reset
>huuur duur its been 5 days i'll never get my money
literally fucking die, saged you huge faggot.

these codes dont let you login

>not using a device for 2FA that you keep locked in a fireproof safe and only use it for 2FA

its like you almost want Pajeet to get rich

I reinstalled the google authentication on my new phone and my new phone number. How can I access the one time code? NO THIS IS NOT A SCAM. WHO THE HELL WOULD I BE SCAMMING? MYSELF? I am desperately looking for comfort with this situation and trying to see if anyone else has dealt with the same problem. It is obviously an issue that has not been ironed out yet by these crpto exchanges. I am fucked I have no access to my accounts. I AM NOT TALKING SHIT ABOUT BINANCE OR COINBASE OR BITSTAMP so stop thinking I am talking shit to get you to use another platform. That doesnt even make sense. I am literally telling you what happened to me and what can easily happen to you and asking if anyone else has dealt with this shit and if so how long did it take to get everything back in order. Please guys... I am a good person and i always offer advice when I can. If I had the money I would ask if there was a way I could pay someone to help me speed this up but I know there isnt. I am just looking for support and YES I HAve POSTED about this everyday since it happened because I am updating anyone interested in case they are dealing with the same shit or may have a better solution for me or someone in my shoes. COME ON GUYS HAVE A LITTLE MORE RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING. IF THE SHOE WAS ON YOUR FOOT I WOULD TRY MY BEST TO OFFER SOMETHING BETTER THAN TO TYPE SHIT THAT WOULD MAKE SOMEONE FEEL WORSE... I have nothing to gain by typing this other than hope and a better outlook by receiving some friendly advice etc...

Honestly you should have foreseen this scenario when using 2FA. Your support tickets are in queue among many other backlogged tickets and all you can do is wait, that is the reality of your situation. Making daily threads about this is useless as nobody here can help you.

How do you drop your phone in the fucking toilet? Checking blockfolio while pissing?

I had myself locked out of bittrex for basically the same reason and they responded to my ticket almost immediately and was back in my account within 3 days, and that was only because i dragged my feet submitting a photo of me holding my id and passport. It's probably because I asked nicely and didn't come off super desperate.

Are you trading on your phone?

So if I lose my phone and I have the seed I still can’t use it ?

oh true, is that for google services only ?

My phone (made by LG... you know what happened) died out on me recently too. I fucking panicked as I didn't have the 2FA codes because when I first opened those accounts I didn't know jack shit. Crypto noobie.

THANK FUCKING GOD I was able to turn it back on for 20 min after doing some really weird overheating shit to it like the 360 towel trick.

Sounds like a nightmare man. Lucky I have an old phone which is a designated spare 2fa machine.

sooo you have the backup code? I don't know how it's on iPhone but you should try to synchronize the time in the authenticator app, I had this problem once.

>I have gone to multiple cellphone repair places to try to get my galaxy cellphone repaired
kek

A lot of anons are interested in the process you're going through. I had the same fear when I started using Google Authenticator - then I forgot about that fear, until now. As much as some people talk shit, this is useful for the community. Keep us posted on what happens. Without wanting to ask too much, if you do other threads, it might be useful to link to your old ones as well, to help those of us who haven't seen the previous ones better know the whole story/process.

It's good to know that exchanges take some security measures and make it hard for a rando to get into another person's account, but when it's the owner who tries to get in, it is indeed problematic. I have the same anxiousness about whether keeping coins on exchanges or locally. Keeping them on exchanges is dumb, but fucking up and corrupting local files is easy too. This is the part where I hope not to have too much bad luck.

Should of wrote down your secret key, you fag.

I have been waiting more than 40 days for binance to remove F2A on an account that hast more than 5k in (back) then xlm that I bought at.14 cents. I need access to that account badly

I had my seed and used my computer that I trade with nd it did not work with Bitstamp in particular. The other two unfortunately I lost the seeds for. Yes I am a fagget for screwing this up. Ill be the first to admit it and I admit the shame I am dealing with. It does not feel good to be on this side of the epic fail sauce. Imagine I have coins building in valve and I cant even have them back. I may as well just continue to get ripped off by the american fed reserve instead if its going to be this difficult. I did politely explain the situation to all three companies and they havent done a single thing to at least give me a heads up. Trust me I am not fucking with anyone. If I Was going to fuck with people I would be shilling bad coins but unfortunately I cant even log in to be able to see what coins are doing badly lol... 5 days without even a response telling me that a ticket has been submitted is a little bizarre. Its the least any site or company could do. Not even an automated response telling me to go jerk off while they take their fucking time to even open the ticket would have at the least given me some hope. ITs 5 long days of no response. This is extreme torture. If I had the money I would have just opened new accounts and already caught up financially with other coins lol.

What are the smart ways to backup Google authenticator codes? Is it by keeping the seed numbers somewhere safe, keeping the QR code somewhere safe, installing it on two phones at once (is that even possible?) or something else?

Why would you not use authy you retard? I can use my phone and a chrome extension. My phone can go die in a fire and I'm all good

>Why would you not use authy you retard?
Trusting random plugin makers with secret codes and passwords seems like it might have downsides.

shit, maybe I Should turn off my 2fa

Here's a secret
Don't tell your whole damn life story
Just keep the emails short and professional

Also I really doubt you have the correct recovery keys for bitstamp
Or you're just messing something up.

Use Authenticator Plus you noob.

welp its better than out aus BTCmarkets fucken bullshit thats website is fucked. transferred 10 eth like 2 hours ago. nothing shows up. what a shit show. looking up domain name register now to drive to their house.

Hey bro chill and think rationally. Your money is theoretically safe on the exchanges. You just have to find a way to get your 2FA issue solved. On the bright side, once you get in, your coins will have grown.

support.google.com/accounts/answer/1187538?hl=en

your codes are not attached to your device

its attached to your google account

fuckers now days investing in next level technologies and have no knowledge of tech

get your fucking backup codes from the above link and resume your pathetic life of trading .

dont thank me, losing in one go or losing slowly, you simple non-techy addicts will only lose

go fuck yourself

this fucking non techy thread is hillarious. you idiots ur 2fa codes are attached to your google account not a device .. fucking retards

i will gladly take all you cunts' money

tip this fucking man some coin op

this is if you get locked out of your google account you fucking brainlet

Yup, absolutely this.

0xfdcEF95dd833dc75694c47f1eb0643c65A4fCb32

fill me user

wrong.
friend broke phone 1 with 2FA, tries logging in on phone 2 with same google. hmmm you must verify from within binance. how can you log into binance? with 2FA hahahaha

What happens when I buy a new phone? How will I be able to keep all the account data on my 2FA app? I use OTP Auth btw.

jesus christ just write down the fucking code google give's you the frist time and put it somewhere, write it 10000000000000000 times jesus fuck, kill yourself or renew your google auth code

if you login in mobile 2 and download the 2fa app, everythin will come back. this is even more fucking simple. i assumed this cuckholder lost his gmail account 2fa

How do you get it? Conscious I will fall into ops world.

>unless he was retarded enough to not keep any fiat money with him , someone lend him a phone

you seem mad and new.

>op didn't save recovery codes
Retards like OP are why 2FA isn't mandatory in 2018. :^)

Encrypt the recovery codes and/or private keys in PROVEN ENCRYPTION and then print paper backups. I recommend AES-256. Print QR codes with max redundancy. Test your backups. Then store the paper backups in multiple locations like your safe deposit box (oh the irony). You can also store your wallet information safely like this. Now you just need to not fuck up and remember your decryption passwords.

Cancel your 2fa, create a new one and it should fucking say “OI DICKHEAD WRITE THIS MASSIVE STRING DOWN INCASE YA DO SOME DUMB SHIT WITH YA PHONE” I’m paraphrasing but you get the idea

support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en
have you read through this?

OP you deserve this kek

Nothing we can do for OP but I know most of you have a tablet or at least an old phone. Enable 2FA on your current phone and another device at least. Also have a paper option printed and saved somewhere high, in case of a flood. My last advice dump LTC this guy dumped his bags on you at ATH.

Learn to read faggot. I use OTP auth, I don’t remember getting any code.

LISTEN YOU DUMBFUCK. I havent read through all your bullshit. But i can helf you to solve your 2FA problem with binnance.

just go to: support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003585911-How-to-reset-Google-2FA

they will reset it. i had the same issue than you. it will take some days though

>holding your money on an exchange
>not in a hardware wallet where you have written down your seed

you are retarded m8

why the fuck would you hold YOUR LIFE FUCKING SAVINGS ON UNREGULATED MEMECOIN EXCHANGES?

HAHAHAHA

And OP is full of shit. Binance and Coinbase's recovery codes are literally like 16-20 character strings. If he actually wrote them down then it should take 5 seconds to reset the 2FA (he didn't).

>I don’t remember getting any code.
:^)

You need root privileges to back up the private key database in google authenticator. This is for security purposes and why you should BACK UP THE RECOVERY CODES.

Disassemble the phone and throw the motherboard into an ultrasonic cleaner. $50 should cover the cleaner and the screwdriver kit.

Don't want you to get too exited but that usually fixes even 99% of ultra fucked phones, even ones tossed in beach with salt water.

Throw some ether my way if it works. It should because I fix phones for a living.

0x332a78758C022c15b1a3755d535126E0BA92116A

you didn't even lost the phone so why do you have a new phone number ?

what?

well yeah op say that he has a new phone number
> to my new cell phone with my new cell phone number.

I just don't get why
if the phone is dead you can just switch the sim car into a new phone no big deal
worst case scenario you service provider can give you a new sim car with the same number

Are you a spastic? I’ve said twice already that I use OTP AUTH, NOT GOOGLE.

same shit nigga very ez

>root phone
>adb or titanium backup that bitch
>shit the backup on your new phone

o lol it's an iOS app

just read the fucking manual lol !

- Export accounts (encrypted with password) to iTunes File Sharing/iCloud/Mail

Why do you need root. I got a recover code from coinbase bittrex and binance?

>you didn't even lost the phone
is english not your first language?
>if the phone is dead you can just switch the sim car
it's not the sim card or the phone number it's the google authentication
google authentication is an app that you need to use on some exchanges
and the guy didn't save the back up password i think

Ok I’ll look into that thanks

>low key beg threads are the new pajeet thing

\Why it bistamp support sooooo slow?

You don't necessarily need to back up the private keys if you have the recovery codes.

The private key database for gauth is stored in some system directory so that's why you can't access it normally.

>is english not your first language?
no

I understand OP's problem but the fact that he try to use the google authentication with a new phone number is causing him all this trouble
you can install google authentication on a new device as long as you keep the same number for text confirmation