How are non-human/human hybrids treated in your setting? Are they killed on sight?

How are non-human/human hybrids treated in your setting? Are they killed on sight?

Attached: __scylla_smite_drawn_by_season_artist__sample-d043d4348fd2ca9efc84dbcfd5beed6d.jpg (850x856, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2781221
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seen as cursed by the gods, since they usually have health problems and are infertile.
Often lynched, or at the very least shunned, members of either of their parents' races.

>How are non-human/human hybrids treated in your setting?
Not really. In my setting species tend to naturally readjust themselves to "pure" breeds. That is, unless half breeds consistently breed with other half breeds, if a half orc's descendants keep breeding with humans down the line they will eventually become indistinguishable from human with bare minimum recessive traits. Or if they keep breeding with other orcs, their descendants will become indistinguishable from other orcs. Nature leans towards distinct species.

Wonder what gives that Lamia that look on her face.
Unexpected betrayal?
Acceptance of death in battle?
Denial of the thought of dying?
Just plain not in the least bit expecting to die today?

Where is that art from?? It's amazing.

>Lamia
>Scylla

Depends on the type of mutt.

You miss the artist name in the filename? Or how easy it is to find sources?
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2781221

Attached: spoonfeeding.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

dirt fucking common because WIZARDS!

Every fucking wizard with a modicum of ambition gets the notion to play god and make his own sort of servants that fit whatever criteria he is looking for and whenever he inevitably gets slayed by greedy adventurers for being an all around pest or locks himself in his tower for centuries so he can become a lich his crimes against nature inevitably R-U-N-O-F-T. This is my homebrews explanation for why there are so many humanoids that are basically just "Human but with amamal" Its also got a nice old school feel with "wizards in their tower doing whatever they feel like.

Didn't look closely or read the image filename

In short

Attached: 20081015.gif (600x263, 25K)

>How are non-human/human hybrids treated in your setting?
Depends on the race, most of the time they're treated normally.
>Are they killed on sight?
99.99% no.

I was expecting this version

Attached: wizard wizard 2.gif (600x263, 27K)

The mortal races generally can't interbreed with each other. The spiritblooded sons and daughters of local gods are usually respected, if not revered. If the spirit parent is foreign or considered a demon, though, their children may be feared or even hunted. It's kind of a mixed bag, really, but ultimately turning heads is kind of inevitable.

Don't exist, really. At least not in the traditional sense. They tend to be more 'touched' humans, like people fed on by the fae or someone tainted by demon energy

They are revered as demigods in most cases. It's the hybrids' children, who are instead seen as watered down abominations.

Nobody really bats an eye at them. Everybody knows humans will stick their dick in anything - it's part of the stereotype that comes with being "The Diplomatic Race".

Half-elves are cherished by the Moon Elves, because the purebreds are dying out and the half-elves are their best hope of seeing their culture survive.

Half-hobgoblins are pitied and sometimes bullied, because they're basically the setting's half-orcs; they used to be associated with rape, but nowadays they're more associated with being lower class and/or gangsters.

Aasimar - Actively celebrated. Aasimar bloodlines are virtually always prominent/noble families that regularly produce virtuous knights, paladins and courtiers. Many become important religious leaders or even form their own sects, as gathering followers proves easy.
Tieflings - If powerful, warily respected at best. A few Tiefling noble houses have been established for extraordinary deeds and are grudgingly accepted as part of the political landscape. Most Tieflings however are persecuted and hounded out of any community.
Half-Elves - Thanks to exotic good looks and the widespread admiration for elves, Half Elves tend to be gadflies near the center of any social scene in human culture. In Elven lands they are treated as embarrassing bastards or slow children and typically encouraged to leave.
Half-Orcs - Treated like orcs by humans and treated like humans by orcs. Pigeonholed into a few careers (bodyguard, hunter, etc) if not driven into the wilderness.

There's no humans in my setting, so any sort of hybrid with a human would be news to everyone.

Attached: received_911628122341629.jpg (800x450, 19K)

Huh, I thought I was the only one. Humans are actually refugees/invaders from another dimension.

I started my game with everyone creating their own race. The world is then built upon the four races. It's worked out well in the past. My current game does have one unfortunately cringe race but the other three make up for it.

Yes, unless they are elves because they are pretty much angelic.

Pitied, mostly.
The vast majority are dead and those that remain are a dying breed.

The rest are reviled, either because they're Orcs and the source of the world's dismal state.
Or because they're Goblins, who serve the Orcs and are seen as traitors and cowards, serving their brutal masters out of fear.

Secretly the Goblin 'leadership' supports an underground spy network which seeks to sabotage the Orc war effort, and turn its leaders against one another.