Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2119: Somebody's Gotta Do It Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread:

Attached: 1521237200087.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kUdJ5Wsi
pastebin.com/SbhVbKM4
youtube.com/watch?v=BXxxuF1rXGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Question user Heart is it possible to go over Zen psychic power effects with training. Likewise same for ki techniques having a metaphorical limit on MK, can we surpass that if we put in enough time and research

What jumps has Brows made?

Who is the best companion that your Jumper is not worthy to have.

Attached: Iroh - tea.png (1744x2356, 966K)

Pic related, and Toph as well. And they're actually my companions, the second and third ones to be precise.

Is there anything people would like to get from an Iron Giant jump?
I just need about 1 to 3 more perks and few items. Even if you haven't seen the film, you might still be able to help with the items section as it takes place in our 1950's.

Attached: irongiant_signatureedition.jpg (580x828, 72K)

Why do you care. They're all going to get replaced soon anyway.

Forget to link to work so far like the idiot I am.
pastebin.com/kUdJ5Wsi

A giant robot companion.

Alrighty, ladies and gentlemen - here's a readable WIP of Ocarina of Time. As of this moment, the main things that need to be done are Blessing/Path explanations(unless they aren't needed), laying out the gear, and writing down the Trades of Hyrule(unless the entire section seems unnecesary, either to exist or for elaboration purposes)

and then there is the beast that is Gear. There'll be Blessing-based ones but probably a collection of cheap miscellany otherwise.

Tell me what you think, I was worried that the (very deserved) nostalgia and love for the game would set some...expectations. Still. Lots of effort was made.

Attached: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Jumpchain WIP (1).pdf (PDF, 161K)

A perk for commanding your troops even in the midst of a hopeless battle, maintaining your own cool as well as keeping your soldiers focused. Say what you will about how the army fared against the Giant at the end, but aside from that one guy with the radio, they kept their composure remarkable well considering how bad the situation was. And even Radio Guy can't really be blamed for staring in stunned horror.

Omniheal cuts off.
Also, Break It Down is listed as 100CP

Is this only based off the movie?
Because there was a book series that the movie is based on, but things got pretty weird.

Attached: Ironmanhughesadamson1968.jpg (270x368, 24K)

I like the origins being the Triforce pieces. Nice.

>OOT jump
I didn't even know this was being worked on, but I am very glad that it is! Reading now.

Wasn't there an alien dragon the size of Australia in the books?

And cause I apparently can't not do two jumps a the same time when working on Zelda...I'm updating the OG Zelda gauntlet to be a full jump and combining it with its direct sequel, Zelda 2 (since I wasn't aware that Zelda 2 was a DIRECT sequel, I figured it was in a different time or something. It makes the whole Zelda thing confusing cause you got a sleeping beauty zelda and then the current reigning zeld existing.)

Attached: Legend of Zelda 1 & 2_ The Adventure of Link Jumpchain WIP .pdf (PDF, 1.38M)

Already got one.

That's a good one.
Added place holder for it just now.

Just the movie. From what I have seen, the book is different enough that it could get its own jump.
I do plan to have a drawback based off the book.

Who, may I ask, was you first companion? And how did you convince [Spoiler]Toph? How did she react to gaining sight?[Spoiler]

Yeah, things got pretty weird.

How about a junkyard warehouse attachment? Those are always useful.

A 50's style radio that never seems to run out of power and plays all the songs from the decade.

And then Link's Awakening is a direct sequel to Zelda 2.

i'm already insane
so, make me an artist, my dude

Attached: this is art.jpg (459x331, 48K)

coffee
big tiddy mommy gf

Good Street-level Jumps with world/settings that could do with some outside interference to help find everyone a good happy ending? I had considered either Teen Titans or Frozen, but I want some more advice on good options

Had also considered Needless, but decided to hold off on it until I get more powerful.

Attached: 1499150804309.gif (427x240, 2.2M)

Got a junkyard item already.

Like the radio.

I've got an art perk that makes to go at general visual art and a master at metal sculptures.
I really screwed up not putting the link in my first post.

First companion was VEGA from DOOM 2016. I keep upgrading him to be better and better.
And I ended up waifuing Toph. After she grew up a bit, of course. She never got her eyesight back, but her other senses grew to the point that it didn't matter at all. Iroh just kinda followed me because he wanted to travel to other worlds, see new sights, and meet new people, and he's a very welcome addition due to his advice and fighting ability.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Legitimately all you need to do is give Shinji something to live for or at least a positive role model that isn't banking on him failing or trying to fuck him

Barring that - a healthy relationship of some kind

>The Blessing of Power
This is good civilization.

Good for you. Sounds like a happy ending for all.

>all you need to do is give Shinji something to live for or at least a positive role model
Different user, but I thought the whole point is that you couldn't pilot an Eva if you weren't fucked in the head in some capacity. Won't that result in some serious logistics issues if the jumper isn't willing to off the Angels single handedly in the Eva pilot's place?

Hey Freyr, I don't recall much about the Dragon Quests games, but I did enjoy reading through your jumpdoc.
Here ( pastebin.com/SbhVbKM4 ) are my thoughts as I read through it. If they are helpful that's great, if not... eh, didn't cost me anything to jot them down.

Val, a question on Konosuba's Adventure Card. I know it list skills learned in world, but what about skills and perks from previous jump? Are those listed on it? Because my Jumper doesn't know his perks and that might throw him for a loop.

If you want to have them listed, I don't have an issue with it.

Can they be improved through card points?

Actually while on the topic of xp do the same questions answers apply to shining weapons in Weakness of Beatrice

I'm mildly intrigued.
Are these these books worth a non-nostalgic read?

Yeah. It should be noted that the Blessings don't necessarily mean to make you a complete carbon copy of the ones they're associated with in canon, a villainous Courage blessed would be both interesting and totally possible with what's in the jump

Thank you. I can turn that into a plot point of jumper finally learning what skills he has. I don't know if the skills list descriptions, so he is going to have to experiment with each to see what it does. The less obvious ones will cause trouble for him.
I was thinking about how it lists his real age, stats, skills, race (mostly-human), ect and Luna got enough of a look to know something is either wrong with the machine or me. The jump is going to be walking a fine line of not being too powerful.
Going with this ... Could we teach out of jump skills and perks to people with Adventure Cards. Like, can I teach Pokemon Aura to people or the Sims' Steel Bladder perk?
Thanks for the jump

See, ya got Splatoon, Skullgirls, Anarchy Reigns, Kill la Kill, and IIRC there was at least one more? In case you wanted a serious answer.

Or, wait, was Anarchy Reigns her?

Blazblue I think.

Blazblue
Skullgirls
Anarchy Reigns
Splatoon
Killer Instinct
Kill la Kill
No Game No Life
League of Legends
Undertale (collab with Digger)
Etrian Odyssey
Kirby's Dream Land
The World Ends With You
Youtube
Inside-Out

Undertale and Youtube

>Inside Out
I forgot we had this.

So did that user who said he was picking up Hearthstone ever start getting around to it.

After having gone through all the edits hopefully here is version 1.1 of Dragon Quest IX. Unless there's yet another laundry list of mistakes I'm managed to overlook in my sleep deprived state or any final suggestions this should be the final version.

Attached: Dragon Quest IX_ Sentinel of the Starry Skies Jumpchain Version 1.1 - Google Docs.pdf (PDF, 220K)

Going to be honest I know very little about 9. Now if it were 8 then I would be interested

>Different user, but I thought the whole point is that you couldn't pilot an Eva if you weren't fucked in the head in some capacity.
No, that's fanon. The show demonstrates the exact opposite, the more fucked-up you are the worse a pilot you become. That's why Asuka more or less just shut down, with how much her sense of self was tied to being an Eva pilot it caused one big spiral of decreasing sanity.

DBS Jump when???

DBS Jump when???

Nine was the one where maid outfits were unisex equipment, right?

Does a King Metal Slime count as a boss monster or a metal monster

Brilig, Freyr. Thanks for making this. I think it's really cool that you made a jump for a series that is largely unappreciated in the west. Maybe it will get some anons' interest.

Jesus christ shut the fuck up you freaking spaniard.

So, Fullbringer is still the way to go for avoiding the escalation in Bleach, right?

Attached: learn this power.png (2876x1390, 1.49M)

Fullbringer's rely more on Hax, considering on how Facebook's powers can counter Ywach's future manipulation.

Don’t worry about it, apparently nobody does. I myself have played only Jokers, XI, IX and that one for the wii.

Yep. Was a post game Easter egg in the secret shop. Dragon quest has always been very liberal about wearing whatever the heck you want to.

Metal normal monster. Boss monsters are exactly what they sound like, unique boss monsters from the game. (Hexagoon, Ragin’ Contagion, etc.)

Thanks a lot man, I’m just doing my part here. I’ll admit I started on this one by a whim but I’m glad to see it’s getting at least some attention.

If the trip comes out weird it’s cause I’m phoneposting

Attached: 07B58230-A601-4CEA-AB0C-61D6185A652D.png (200x191, 41K)

>Jokers
I would be fine with that.

Also no puff puff perk -1/10

How do you skeleton-jumpers stave off loneliness?

Attached: DYcUfuzVQAERZdS.jpg (786x1200, 347K)

No, not without more perks.

Same as above, not without more stuff. Though the experience points in WoB can be used to learn skills normally.

Not unless you already could.

There's a skeleton in everyone. You're almost never alone when you're a skeleton.

Wait what

Can you make Mystic Codes out of True Magic like Kaleidosticks, and The Jeweled Sword of Jumper

>he doesn't have a Bone Bro Squad to hang with
What are you, a fucking NERD?!

Attached: Skeleton Dance Time.gif (500x370, 1.97M)

How hard/long would it be to add magic circuits to someone using the First Magic. Do we need the Third Magic to do so?

Also is it possible to use The Second Magic to find an alternate self with more experience in Magic and overlay that skillset with your own?

Facebook's fullbring allows him to change the past by inserting his presence into someone/something.

Attached: KUBO.png (688x283, 147K)

but where to find squad for big bones?

Attached: gasha-dokuro-ii.jpg (600x457, 86K)

Go to Overlord and MAKE your big bone squad, you...you...DOUBLE BONEHEAD!

Attached: I'm so angry I could throw my head at someone!.gif (474x346, 1.17M)

Maybe. Depends on your skill and whether you want to.

Probably a few years to decades to create them, probably a bit longer to add them in with the first magic. No need for the Third.

Possibly.

Hey, Cool Cats.
With Apparition Ace, how many times could we Apparate at max distance before having to stop and rest?

I want to know how feasible it is to try to go to the Moon with a stolen space suit.

Gold and Glory
>follow through.) It’s all well and good
The period should be after the )

On Dangerous Ground
Extra period at the end.

Rough and Ready
>ordinary man(not by much, mind),
Needs a space before the (

Jumper’s Song
>A similar gifft has
gift
>plays it(with your
Needs a space before the (

The Hidden Princess
>The wise who’s job is to arm the heroes (or provide counsel to villains) stay out of sight,
Should be
The wise, whose job is to arm the heroes (or provide counsel to villains) should stay out of sight,

The Legends of Hyrule
>has it’s esoteric lore
its

The Hero’s Tools
>come from thing air
come from thin air

>He's Got Evil Eyes
He's got Gerudo eyes, Digger.

Because he's a Gerudo.

Attached: By the Goddesses, Zelda, You Can't Say Shit Like That.jpg (650x869, 223K)

Actually, speaking of:

>your intuition into their “morality”, be it selfish or
truly benign and selfish,
Shouldn't that be 'truly benign and selfless'?

I really need to read that webcomic at some point.
If only for the Ganon.

Attached: You know what guys, today is just great..jpg (650x898, 567K)

MGDMT has a REALLY good Ganondorf.

Tfw Galan cleaves off the tops of small mountains with the shockwave of his Critical Over attack.

But Derieri's 54 hit combo is feared despite the fact that her physical stars are stronger than all of Galan's power and not only that but 10800000 lb force (her final force after 54 hits not counting her physical strength) is a mere seve pounds of tnt.

Tl;dr in hindsight combo star is ass

As powerlevel """standards""" have increased, how would people feel about an MtG OldWalker jump? NuWalker?

Nah

Combo Star makes little sense, yeah. If there were clearer examples of her using it to compare against I might try and figure something more accurate out but...yeah, we're kind stuck with that.

If it gives a Spark without being restricted by the dumb Chain idea of what a "Spark" entails, by all means yes.

It's different thematically than the jumps we have for individual planes. If you could make it without just using it as an excuse to grab things from other Planes, there's plenty of content and characters to draw on to make it distinct. Though given the way you used "standards", I'm not sure you're sincerely interested.

Yeah, I just think its a case of writer doesnt understand math.

On an aside I have a correction
>seve
My bad apparently a cubic foot is 27 hands. So instead it is a force just under 1/10th a ton of tnt. More than enough to kill probably most Holy Knights to be sure but still pretty small compared to Galan's stength feet.

It would also mean you would need to get 540 hit combo to equal a ton of tnt. Or alternatively a 8 million 100 thousand hit combo to hit like a Hiroshima.

Common with a lot of people who have trouble with scale, especially for characters not set to have much screentime originally like Derriere.

yikes.

It could be done well but I doubt it would be.

Who is the lady?

Heheh.

Yeah, I caught that going over it again - already fixed.
These however, have not been besides the gift typo.

The main villain of Hyrule Warriors.

That's Cia from Hyrule Warriors.

You may recognize her more readily in this slinky little number.

Attached: Cia.png (357x767, 310K)

Cia, an antagonist from Hyrule warriors. That comic is a pretty good summary of how the events of the game start.

One last correction and I am done talking about Combo Star.

I calculated the above assuming that the pounds went straight to pound force.

But if the author means that it adds that many pounds of explosive force (aka pounds of tnt rather than pounds directly) than it makes much more sense because then it would be 5.4 kilotons of tnt equivalent. That would only require 150 hits to the Hiroshima.

Uh, is there not a Swordsmanship General Perk on purpose? If so, why?

Please remove the reference to Hylia in Holy Weapon. That wasn't a thing, yet.

Nah, still doesn't make any sense, since these guys are putting out way more force than that just with their ordinary blows. 150 string combo for what might be a minor boost at most to her strikes doesn't make much sense.

Not as bad as if it were just pounds directly though at least.

Oh, yeah. Sorry, it kinda slipped in without thinking - was trying to get poetic without repeating myself TOO much, which is kind of a problem when you write up enough perks

Ganondorf
and she's beautiful

Asking again from last thread (maybe Nanon/Ninjanon show up)

The "consumer of the god tree" scenario in the Naruto jump states that by becoming the jinchuriki of the ten tails you get the Rinne sharingan, but not the truth seeking balls/six path mode in general (it doesn't explicitly say that you don't get that, it just isn't mentioned). Why is that?
You get six path mode with the fighting kaguya scenario, but you should already have that by doing exactly what Obito/Madara did.

Attached: madara_jinchuriki.png (1665x2261, 1.66M)

Ehh I wouldnt call 5.4 kilotons tnt minor. Were that all converted to mostly heat energy like Escanor probably does and fired like Pride Flare you are still looking ar 1/3 of a hiroshima. Which mind you is actually greater than the instant vaporization of a lake Escanor does. Granted Escanor would never let her build up that combo and most of the impact was probably absorbed by Estarossa.

On top of that most of Galan's force only blew off the tops of the mountains and considering the setting is Britain it actually has pretty small mountains.

Then again if you mean individually the 100 tons per is small than yeah I very much agree with you.

If you increase in Essence as a Sidereal/Abyssal/etc. do you understand Fate/Death/etc. better, or is it just a powerlevel thing?

Yeah, those are Hagoromo's thing. Kaguya has neither Six Paths Senjutsu nor Truth-Seeking Balls. So just eating the God-Tree's fruit like she did wouldn't give you those powers, obviously.

But it actually did the trick for Madara.
All he did was become the ten tails jinchuriki

youtube.com/watch?v=BXxxuF1rXGQ