How would you construct a "magic-gun" in your setting?

how would you construct a "magic-gun" in your setting?

Attached: 1521268054570.jpg (480x480, 63K)

Magical firing mechanism.
A spring loaded cylinder with a partial magic rune inscribed on it. When released it impacts a face that has the other part of the magic rune, completing the rune which both imbues the chambered round with magical energy and ignites the gunpowder.

Essentially make a pistol grip attachment for wands. Toss the wand and slot in a new one to reload.

get a tube and put magic fireballs into

Regular gun with the bone of a saint built into the grip. Say a little prayer to the right god and you're shooting lightning.

Man, I'm a little embarrassed to say it, but I really got into the Final Fantasy Unlimited cartoon.

So I would do something like that.

I actually made one during my first time playing, it was a metal tube with a "push" scroll inside it that shot little vials of acid and alchemist fire. It was triggered through a power word: "BANG!"

Sadly, even though my DM gave me the go, I never got to use it because the game died not long after.

Attached: witchgun.png (1071x549, 740K)

The gun is just a mechanical catalyst for launching/activating the ammunition.
The ammunition are projectiles containing potions/scrolls or other means of storing a spell long term.
The purpose of the magic gun is to allow laymen to use magic in combat effectively.

Magic-guns allows casters to shot spells concentrated in carefully crafted bullets. This allows them to go around without memorizing so many spells. It also can be used by casters with limited experience to make their spells safer and stronger.

Attached: dragon_quest___maam_by_alkanet-d5wtmrh.jpg (618x800, 201K)

Make a railgun that uses magic instead of magnets.

It's called a wand.

Outlaw star mastered it for me, the gun is just a vehicle for magic enbued ammunition.

Ammo is rare and expensive, they do special things depending on payload stopping time, create blackholes, pierce magic barriers, open wormholes to stars and other such rediculous feats.

I always liked 2 ideas:
Delayed Blast Fireball in adamantium sphere with a tube exiting in direction of fire, and
Wind Breath spell-like affect when trigger pulled, pebble (with any number of spells cast on it) shoots out at extreme velocity.
Nothing fancy either way, but just the joy of concentrating that fireball down a hallway!

Watch Chaika the coffin princess to magic guns done right. They take time to fire because of spell chanting, the bullets are expensive, and if you don't have bullets you can do the spell at the cost of losing memories.

>braaaaap
Why is that gun farting?

This, you could even replace the bullet with a crystal the hammer strikes, producing a superpowered piezoelectric response which is channeled through the barrel (lined with enchanted metal strips) and at the target.

you mean a wand?

A wand of Erase mounted so that it slides forward and activates with each trigger pull.

This is combined with a very sturdy break action that allows you to slide in shells. The shells are adamantine cartridges with a hollow opening in the base.

The Wand of Erase slides forward and into the hollow opening, which the shell has paper with Explosive Runes inside the base. The Erase spell detonates the runes sending a ton of force through the small shell. The only part that can easily move is the projectile mounted in the shell, which is then launched out the barrel.

It's DnD 3.5, so of course this all deals 1D12 damage with a 150 foot range increment and a x3 crit on Nat 20's. Different projectiles are available, but it's stupid. The whole thing was made for a player who demanded guns.

It costs an insane amount to actually use though.

if you're going to put gunpowder in the game them a normal firing pin and primer would be just as feasible.

Along the same vein though, the cylinder-assisted rune is all you need to launch a projectile.

I think the idea with that post isn't that the magic launches the round, it's propelled by gunpowder.

Instead it's that the projectiles themselves are magic or contain spells.

>Shadowrun 5e
A few ways, each of which is compatible and may be done in any order.

1. Get your favorite gun
2. Get a mage with a lot of dice in spellcasting, and the Quickening metamagic, who is willing to spend at least 2 karma for you
3. Have your mage cast "Increase Gear Limits" on the gun. Now it's accuracy is higher.
4. Have your mage cast "Analyze Device" on you. Use it on the gun. Now you have bonus dice when using it.
4a. Repeat the previous two steps as many times as needed, until you get the desired level of bonuses.
5. Have your mage quicken each of those spells (Increase Gear Limits, Analyze Device). Now they last until someone dispels them or something.

1. Get a technomancer and the same gun. The gun must be a device for this to work (i.e. throwbacks are okay, vintage is not)
2. Have your technomancer compile a really nice sprite
3. Have the technomancer direct the sprite to use its 'Diagnostics' power on your gun indefinitely
3a. Repeat step 3 until you achieve the desired bonus. This bonus increases both your diepool and limit while using the gun
4. Be very nice to your technomancer so he leaves the sprite sustaining this power forever

0. Be awakened (so you're qualified to handle a weapon focus)
1. Get that gun you like so much and want to use as a melee weapon
2. Make sure it has melee hardening
3. Get an artificer to enchant it as a weapon focus
4. Attune to your weapon focus gun
5. Enjoy your bonus dice when using your gun as a melee weapon.

You can also do stuff with the alter ballistics spell (Forbidden Arcana), or loading alchemical preparations into capsule rounds, but that has more to do with bullets than the gun itself.

I'd start with a common or garden humanoid.
At a young age I'd induct it into the military and begin teaching it magic
Then when it's set and hardened, place it on a battlefield with soldiers and war beasts for decoration.
And there you have it, 1 magic gun.

Wands are purpose built for their roles and the shape and purpose will indicate what magics work best with it.

In the recent eras when guns came into use among the warriors and men at arms the battle mages also adopted the shape of guns to their wands to channel their magic into easy to use bolts of destructive energy that can be shaped without the need for complex incantations and rituals to use.

Even though they are common the construction of such wands is rare and typically restricted to the military or to those who have stolen or somehow how had one made for them or even passed down through family and other such organizations.

One such artefact is the Arrow of Logandes used by the Knight Logandes himself fashioned into the shape of a hunting musket from his time and currently in the hands of the House Logandes' Patriarch Henry Logandes.

>BRRA-A-A-A-AP

Attached: d77e91505f20dd74e23686c739af02f9[1].jpg (736x1034, 132K)

Slicer of metal,that's thrown at great speed from a rifle style piece of Arabic hardware that is designed to more or less just push something small very fast. Or outlaw star style where the bullet is doing the heavy lifting and has all the magic.

A stone or gauntlet that can cast a set level of spells before needing to recharge, either slowly on its own or by directly shoving more magic into it (at the hidden cost of durability). As they get more powerful they become exponentially rarer, since keeping it stable while holding so much magic is difficult, but single cast "bully shockers" would probably be a favorite product of knick knack stores.