Why not wrap around a magic scroll around an arrow, bolt, a bullet, or a cannonball?

Why not wrap around a magic scroll around an arrow, bolt, a bullet, or a cannonball?

Attached: 522630_10150900661888625_829178624_12894060_157796545_n (1).jpg (640x512, 66K)

It would fall off, get ripped through or otherwise annihilated upon firing or in flight, and if it did hit, it would just leave a bunch of mushy paper. The real use would be enchanted ammunition, either through runes, alchemy, or some other means, or to use something exploitative like the arrow you posted in order to achieve the desired effects.

If that's how you want scrolls to work in your settings, then go for it.

Don't generally think of scrolls as an 'explode on impact' type item, myself.

>Why not wrap around a magic scroll around an arrow, bolt, a bullet, or a cannonball?
Sure, slap explosive runes on everything.

Just don't mess up and look at it while loading your cannon.

I'm sure you can probably cast explosive runes on a cannonball and have it in a wax casing so it can't be read until fired.

Because it would mess up the aerodynamics and also because arrows can't fucking read. Stop being a cheap fuck and buy properly enchanted ammunition.

Cause that shit won't work.
>t. The GM

>Scrolls
You misunderstand. This is not a scroll of portable hole, this is a scroll with portable hole cast upon it and then rolled up to create a spiraled portable hole in a tube shape.

gonna need a diagram explaining what you're trying to make and what it's supposed to do.

Why not inscribe the runes right on to the projectile? A rune on the back that explodes when struck, and one on the front that activates half a second later, that explodes on impact or when passing within 1 meter of a living creature.
>Why don't you have caseless firearms with airburst projectiles in your high fantasy setting Veeky Forums?

This is what happens when you let practical applications anywhere near the theory side. It all goes tits up.

>mind control goblin
>teach it to read certain spell
>put goblin and spell scroll inside a cannon ball sized shell
>command it not to read spell until the ball lands
>fire and hope it survived trip

How does this even work? The tube would fall into the portable hole.

The idea is there's just enough friction to prevent the tube from falling in from launch shock/air resistance, but not enough to prevent impact from pushing it into the bag.

Why not wrap my dick around your ass? Your mom is a faggot and I smoke meth, scrolls and arrows can't don't and will never won't gay cuck transracial crossbow fire. Explosive magic santorum bolt fire magic shit fucking fuck barrage magic if the is for to with .

Are... you okay? Are you having a stroke?

Not sure if its how they work now, but ye old portable hole worked like those old cartoon gag holes, where you could pick em up, wave em around, and then slap em on something. so you could pick up the hole like its made of paper and roll it up, (it would need to be flat to affix to a surface), and stick it in a mettle tube like a rolled up peaice of paper. The arrow in the OP picture used the force of impact to push the tube into the bag of holding.

Which in turn puts an extradimensional pocket (the portable hole) into an extradimensional pocket (bag of holding), which causes a vortex pulling everything into the astral plane.

>arrows can't fucking read
time to enchant my wood so it can then

Portable hole is an item though not a spell

If you could somehow enchant scrolls so that it is magically activated upon being touched by sunlight there would be so many things you could do with them. Imagine being able to put scrolls of fireball into opaque bottles and launching them via trebuchet down upon a city. If my calculations are correct, the 20 foot radius of each fireball means that you are getting 3.33 square feet of incendiary destruction per GP you spent on bottles and scrolls.

As with all these things I let the players do them with the caveat the enemies will be doing it right back to them.

If they want a game where they can be instagibbed by mooks carrying portable hole launchers they can play in that game.

>If my players have a good idea, everyone else in the game must also have that idea because players being clever isn't allowed.
You sound like a shit GM and an all around douche.

What about a spearwall with exploding runes?

Please explain to me how the players rolling around with a one shot kill cannon is conductive to an interesting game ?

I mean I suppose in that situation I could say 'congrats you win the campaign, what do you want to play next ? ' but that doesn't seem particularly satisfying either.

Enemies finding counters or straight up using the same strategies simply allows the game to continue escalating and remain interesting.

Totally impractical as an arrow. Bag of holding are too heavy. Now, as the projectile of a Ballista...

Yes

Help

except that is expressly how those items function in DnD.

putting the rod inside the bag of holding causes collision between two pocket planes iirc, resulting in a DnD version of an antimatter explosion

>conductive
This is the state of Veeky Forums. I literally stopped reading your post when it became obvious you had a few too many chromosomes.