Have eth private key saved in notepad

>have eth private key saved in notepad
>nearly saved after i cut and pasted the key out of it
crypto really is a fucking joke if someone can lose thousands of dollars that easily

You should hire Coinbase to handle your money if you're too retarded to

>have eth private key saved in notepad
You deserve to lose your money brainlet.

Natural law will ultimately filter out people as dumb as you. This is desirable. We do have a backup system for people like you we call it California. You can move there and go fuck other homos in the ass and get high on opium all day on the taxpayers dollar.

>have a thousand dollars in cash
>accidentally light it on fire
Who the fuck thought that paper was a good medium for currency?

You could change the permission of the file so it's read only.

>what is a fail-safe system?

This planet needs MORE competitive selection of who survives, not less.

I wish you had saved. You'd probably be too stupid to realize it was still in your clipboard.

You only had private key on a single text file. Then you proceeded to cut it instead of copying. Then you almost clicked save.

>not respecting data the same way you would material goods in this time and age
>not knowing we are slowly turning into species valuing 1 and 0s being flipped by processors more than the material world
>not having your pass-txt encrypted thrice by military-grade encryption
>not having 50 backups of said passfile, hidden around the house and burried all over town
>not de- and encrypting your passfile at every use not matter how annoying
>DURR INTERNET FUN BUX HURRRRRRRR

a bit hyperbolic, i know
but we're talking about 100s thousands of dollars in fiat, in some cases

have fun killing yourself over loosing all your money because you used a bullshit password that you've been using since you played runescape while perpetually rubbing one out kek

also: treat a private key like you would treat your house key if it had your address engraved on it

>be me
>save all keys on one .txt file
>encrypt text file 2 times with 2 different passwords
>put it on 5 USB sticks
>still .txt file
Am I a brainlet or is this safe enough?

Nigger that's nothing I lost 55 ETH by refreshing MEW the first time I used it without saving the keystore or PV key

(Well, I pasted the PV key in the browser bar but when I refreshed it obviously disappeared and I had copied something else since)

I realised I fucked up within a split second and just threw my laptop away from me

FIFTY
FIVE

Off site backups nigga. Store one at your parents, one at your grans. If your house burns down you are fucked.

Foo, for any notepad passwords/keys/etc you paste them several times so this shit doesn't matter if you do do it.

Bitch there's no undo button in real life, that's already an improvement.

this

Take that as an important lesson, and unironically give thanks to God and pray that you don't fuck up again.

Just a few minutes ago, I almost sent part of my Eth to the wrong wallet that wouldn't have accepted it. Almost lost hundreds.

What did you do to cope? Obviously not a bullet.

I deleted a wallet with a bunch of ETH in it early last year. Please don't ask how much.

Print paper wallet. Glue to back of your favourite photo. Keep on your bedside table. Fucking hell

How much user? I don't mean to be cruel but I must know

That's like saying PCs are a joke if you can wipe the whole drive with a line of text in command prompt. It'll be solved eventually with interfaces. Same way Windows allowed normies to work with PCs rather than having to use command prompt.

I can't find anything, can you help me?