Only ten episodes in and this campaign is already more successful than ANY of your campaigns. Admit it...

Only ten episodes in and this campaign is already more successful than ANY of your campaigns. Admit it, user: The only reason why you hate Critical Role is because it's successful and your campaigns always fade away into disinterested failure.

Attached: Campaign_2_official_art.png (1500x1184, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/85489h/spoilers_c2e9_i_just_wanted_to_thank_mercer_for/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT955Cw-fFS-_3IQvaCpQgDzWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>two tieflings
>what looks like three fucking humans
>a half orc ranger with a cat for a companion; just a cat
>a female (?) goblin

What a bland, stale party composition, never mind the fact that there's seven goddamn players. Jesus, you'd think Matt and/or the producers would know how to run a game / show better than this. I can't imagine how "successful" they've been with that many players, unless it's all just a bunch of railroady garbage like their first show / campaign.

Technically, Half-Orc Warlock, and the cat is the Human Wizard's Familiar, and the pale black and white Human is an Aasimar that seems to only be there during non-combat situations typically.

>staged for-profit prerecorded session is edited and cut and designed in such a way as to be appealing to the average viewers

wow shocking

You dumb niggers, why are you replying to bait threads?

sage

What kind of sci setting is that?

Live every week, still heavily bought by D&D Beyond, but even the week later youtube copy is mostly unedited, still has the 15 minute commercial breaks annoyingly.

Not that user but why do you think they do not show all rolls? It’s all staged and pre-planned.

What's with all the Critical Role posting today? Marisha, I know you and Matt love each other a lot, but you don't have to make more than one thread about how great he is.

reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/85489h/spoilers_c2e9_i_just_wanted_to_thank_mercer_for/

Sums up the SJW side of the CR fanbase nicely, if you feel like cringing today.

The mods even removed comments that simply asked the OP why they felt like this, and expressed their own opinions on it. Nothing insulting or confrontational was said, but it's definitely hateful and negative so obviously the mods have to remove them : )

>t. pre-casual who just watches streams and never plays

I dunno, I have plenty of successful campaigns and none of them needed scripting or d-list voice actors basking in their own celebrity.

Attached: curry-frank-n-furter-30212240-500-281.png (500x281, 177K)

You take that back! They're C-listers! Except Travis and Matt, they're probably B-tier.

I’d put Laura B tier since she seems to get more work than Travis but less than Matt

RETARDED
ECELEB
SHIT

Marisha is a D-lister at best

Anybody who's mad at CR being successful is angry because they're not playing the dungeon grind minmaxing story-less randomly generated meaningless numbercrunch that they think D&D has to be. Even Mercer explicitly says that CR is only one way to play that happens to work for his players and is not what every campaign needs to be like, and Veeky Forums freaks the fuck out because they feel like that's the only way their precious hobby can be like anymore.

Success in D&D is when your players are happy and want more, and Mercer is making his players happy, so yeah, he is successful.

Pic related, they are so good at it, even people who aren't playing care a lot about their game.

Attached: tumblr_osgb5iB1D21upwwgro1_1280.png (700x1000, 742K)

>tumblr

>Pic related, they are so good at it, even people who aren't playing care a lot about their game.
Yes, let's use fanart as a basis for that. Never mind that loads of characters in media have fanart despite the artist explicitly saying they know nothing about the thing they're drawing and are only doing it to hop on the bandwagon. It's extremely apparent for video games, for example. Stuff like should be a good indicator that a lot of CR "fans" are only following them because they agree with Matt and the gang's social opinions.

It is designed specifically to cater to people who do not care that much about the game, though. This is why they don;t go into the number crunch or explain abilities, modifiers, etc. They are just making it as easy to digest as possible. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it often feels like a bunch of people acting as if they are playing DnD rather than a group of friends actually doing it.

I mean the campaign I'm in has been going for 4 years and we are all still having fun so, ya know, pretty successful

I hate it because it reminds me of my failures as a voice actor, not as a DM.

>Frank-N-Furter

Attached: 1519395199621.jpg (479x275, 32K)

I still think Fjord is not a Half-Orc only because Yuan-ti Purebloods also have poison resistance and the could've covered that fact up and he also sounds like a concept i had of an infiltrator.

Thankfully I have found my own niche in the way I narrate and DM which my players really like. I could never try to do what Matt does and hope to compete with him.

Attached: 15651511.png (417x234, 86K)

He got up after he got to 0 HP last session due to half-orc racial, so I am pretty sure he is half-orc

Talking about Critical Role, what's a good place to start watching it? I hear the early episodes are shit.

My current game has been going on since early 2015, is currently on its second campaign (within the same setting, since the players specifically asked me to when I mentioned a new setting.) My game is actually pretty successful. I don't like CR because I don't find watching other people playing TTRPG to be fun as a premise.

>a lot of CR "fans" are only following them because they agree with Matt and the gang's social opinions.
Weird, because I agree with basically all of their social opinions, but feel no obligation to watch a show that doesn't entertain me whatsoever. I watch entertainment to be entertained, not to reinforce my political beliefs.

But he finally remembered it when he took poison damage that would of taken him down, I at least want to believe because that would be a really awesome twist and want to see this concept played out

They just started a new campaign a few weeks ago. Start there, I guess.

That theroy got shut down last episode as said. It would have been interesting but the ship has sailed my friend.

If you want to start the first campaign, around episode 26-28 is where a lot of anons argue the best arc starts. Also be ready for Orion to leave due to drama and most of their sound issues are smoothed out.

>This is why they don;t go into the number crunch or explain abilities, modifiers, etc.
I see you've never watched the show. They aren't perfect, but they don't ignore the cruch at all, you raging sperg.

I will still believe only because I love the idea of the Yuan-ti character i want to play one day that is totally notThrawn

>getting that defensive over someone not liking your favorite show
Call me when they have cams that show the dice they and the DM rolled as well as when they talk about abilities and how their bonuses work extensively. The show is made for normies who want to watch easy entertainment, not people who want to actually know the rules of the game.

Honest question, how would them going heavily into the crunch to teach people to play DnD make it less like them acting instead of playing as friends? No game I've ever been in has ever done that unless we are teaching a new person to play.

He doesn't have to be half-human does he? Can a yuan-ti/orc hybrid exist?

Understandable and hopefully you get to play it one day.

Possibly, however it would have to be a homebrew rule since 5e doesn't have any mechanics for that.

You have never had someone else on the table be like "Ooh, this spell sounds really cool. How does it work? Whats its range? Whats does it scale off of? What does it do at higher levels?" - they are not experienced enough with the system to know all of that by heart by now, but they always seem to be quick to keep the game rolling and non-RP interaction to a minimum.

Considering what Mercer lets slide it's possible

>wanting a cam for the DM's rolls

He even has a lighter green underbelly like a snek is it too far a reach?

Barely a reach at all considering his human half could easily be a Tainted One if it's not a Pureblood. I'm curious to see what Fjord's real alignment ends up being.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

No because we save that for after the game instead of bogging it down in the middle unless we need to check something. Normally players do that before their turn at our table as well so it isn't a slog fest. Also their games are geared towards more RP heavy instead of combat focused, been that way since episode one. I can understand not liking it and I'm not trying to change your mind or anything, but it just threw me off because if anything them being more focused on crunch and doing what you listed would make it seem way more like they're just doing it for the camera instead of as friends. Also they understand six-seven players is above average and takes longer by default in any combat, so they try to not take too long even though they aren't always successful.

>Forever dm for last twenty years
>In the last year started 3 different campaigns
>All destroyed by the same guy each time
>First the world was consumed in a flood of demon blood
>Second the sun went supernova
>Third Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu
>I watch Critical Role to comfort myself
>I need new PCs.

Just grab some Veeky Forums fags and DM for them a one-shot on roll 20. Call the ones you like again for another 1-shot and test other Veeky Forums fags. Do that until you have a full group of Veeky Forums fags you like and do a full campaign. Finding players is easy, at least from what I have experienced.

I would want to get into as many scenes as I could for snake reasons and he has.

Sounds like a solid idea, the only thing that came out of the last guys was my favorite NPC ever, Steven the awkened, psicotic, and mute earth-elemental.

I have noticed that this campaign a lot of the characters are much much shittier people than Campaign 1. Would be interesting if this ends up being a surprise evil-aligned campaign with their secret assassin cult, two tieflings, goblin, c'thulu warlock, and mage with dubious past, but I doubt they have the balls.

Other than Nott they've been playing pretty loose and reckless honestly

Molly has been too nice at this point, if they were then none of them would ahve let those bandits leave alive and with a gold piece each. Also they wouldn't have hesitated about burning the webs in the sewers.(most recent episode example)

It would require 8 more cameras for where everyone rolls is a pretty good reason. When you reply with "it could be done with 3" then the answer is still it'd be harder to film.

Yeah they are probably just special snowflake race character with edgy backstories because those seem to be popular, but it would have been fun if there was more to it.

I haven't watched the episode yet but Taliesen confirmed in one Talks Machina episode that Molly is legit a good person, possibly the only one with a moral code out of the whole group

What's the point of Yasha other than Tumblr tripping over themselves in service of her because I don't see it.

Liam picked Sam's race again but he is going to do a great job with it regardless.

Ashley playing the game is the point of having this character

Literally who?

I haven't watched Blindspot but if she's the only one on the cast that is currently, physically acting than I want to believe she can be better

Travis seems to be trying but doesn't seem comfortable just taking the reigns, even though he easily could. Here and there he's argued for doing legitimate good, but other times he goes along with some pretty questionable shit.

Ashley is a good friend of the cast which I get but they should have definitely made her story far more flexible as a pseudo guest since she is gone for Blindspot so much.

They need more than one heavy hitter consider the majority of the group is magic users

Hence my crazy Fjord theory

>tfw running solo for a first time ever campaign with chill GM
>fun as fuck, play as human
>Using AKQ system, normie strength, but max constitution
>AC 8 at level 1
I'm not even good at it and I'm havin a good time, CR is for fegs

Roll 3d6 down the line. Any other way of playing is the cancer that's killing ttrpgs.

I have no problem with Critical Role itself, I just hate the fanbase.
I don't think you should ever be ashamed of liking hobbies and I'll talk about roleplaying in public if I'm with company that shares the interest, but I see fedoras carrying their weight around talking about it to disinterested folk, and I see the geek chic crowd of hipsters who think it's the only way to play, and both of those piss me off.

>[t often feels like a bunch of people acting as if they are playing DnD rather than a group of friends actually doing it.

This.

CR's problem isn't that it isn't crunchy or slow or minmaxy. That can be a good thing more often than not. Its problem is it feels sterile, staged, and fake.

It feels like you're watching a bunch of actors portraying people playing a D&D game than people actually playing D&D.

Yep it feels like one of those episodes of shows where the characters gather together and play DnD. Only every episode is about that.

>not using it to get easy geek chic pussy
user it is our gift from Matt. Use it!

Why even make this thread? If you want to talk about ecelebs then you could have just made the thread to do that. Why start off with a purposefully inflammatory monologue that does nothing except to get to people to argue for your personal entertainment? Oh wait.

Attached: wm6r4sw.gif (640x360, 922K)

Rather than read this thread I'm just gonna rate the picture. Not-Korra, Goth Chick and Hobo Dr. Who (oh look he owns a cat HOW CUTE) all look like trash Generic Fantasy characters who belong in the garbage (those fucking boot belts whaaat); the two Tieflings and Handsome Half Orc are bland but acceptable; the... Goblin..? who appears to be wearing some kind of mask might be a cool character. You just know that's the one asshole in every party who's going to poison random NPCs for the luls though.

Does Marisha even qualify as a VA ?

The goblin is played by the best cast member on the show and is more of a thief than a murderer. Wears the lower half of a porcelain doll's face as a mask to hide her hideous jagged expression.

She qualifies as GM's girlfriend.

>Hobo Dr. Who

...He looks nothing like any rendition of The Doctor.

I take it this is a podcast? Is it on youtube?

You know what I "cringed" at? Not the thread, though I don't agree with it, but you, for thinking it was fucking necessary to link it.

He wears a big gay scarf it's close enough

I will assume you are not shitposting and actually don't know.
Yeah, its live on twitch thursdays and gets uploaded on youtube mondays. They just started a new campaign so there are just 8 episodes. I think its fun and Veeky Forums threads during the live shows are usually really fun, mostly because people get to hate on not!Korra

>Scripting
>he actually believes this

Attached: 1497474242660.png (626x551, 142K)

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT955Cw-fFS-_3IQvaCpQgDzWA

I was genuinely asking, thanks for the serious reply

Attached: 501.gif (500x375, 995K)

Not!Korra is definitely the worst character by far.

who cares? why bring social justice into it, he's a good dm, and they are good actors, stop being a fucking crab

This is precisely the kind of party I hate.

>nearly every character is a magic-user of some kind
>for incredibly rare PC race characters
>three of them are planetouched
>one is a monster race

Still, Fjord and Jester are good characters.

why are bait threads allowed to stay up. The mods have forsaken us.

>three of them are plaintouched
The two tieflings and who else?

Aasimar barbarian.

Wait, she isnt a goliath?

Nope, a Fallen Aasimar.

Define successful. I've had three great campaigns under one DM and we're gearing up for a fourth, and I have another pair of campaigns running on Saturdays.

Nope. Goliaths have grey skin. For some reason it's recently become popular to depict aasimar as having super white porcelain skin.

How the fuck are they not an evil party with two tieflings, falles aasimar, hexblade half-orc, and a goblin? They are a fucking freak show.

>Fallen Aasimar

Holy shit, she's even more of a snowflake than I initially thought.

Is that a WotC thing or fanbase thing? Aasimar look like regular angel dudes/gals to me.

> These folk generally appear as glorious humans with lustrous hair, flawless skin, and piercing eyes.
From Volo's.

Narratively speaking, the more stereotypically evil your character races are, the less chance there is of them actually being in an evil party. You know it to be true.

Flawless skin just means they have no blemishes or other imperfections, not that they are ghost-white. Unless otherwise specified.

It's a retarded nuD&D thing. That said, Yasha's looks might have more to do with her exceptionally speshul subtype than just being an aasimar.

Still, she gets points for worshiping my main man Kord.

>tfw considering playing an aasimar bard
am I a snowflake?

Why the fuck is she a fallen Aasimar (NE/LE) following a CG god? What a fucking snowflake fiesta.