I was thinking about implementing a sort of "fairy angel" for a setting...

I was thinking about implementing a sort of "fairy angel" for a setting, that combines the traits of a fairy and an angel into one holy creature. I suppose fairy demons could also be a thing, but imps are already pretty close to that idea so they're not as much of a concern.

So I have two questions, the first is how would they behave and what powers would they have, trying to combine the aspects of both into one being. And second, what good stories and adventures could come about from such creatures.

Attached: 1521076455238.gif (320x240, 363K)

Cherubs don't do what you want them to do already? I guess they could have powers that grant boons and good fortune, since imps are troublemakers. Just design them as anti-imps.

It's just a little hard for me to take cherubs seriously. Something about naked baby angels makes me want to punch something.

Attached: a99ea75606deb00542d33fdc15b4e2ba.jpg (550x774, 81K)

Isn't it the typical right-shoulder-man in cartoon dilemmas?

I hadn't thought of that, but that is a brilliant idea. What if the tiny angels looked around, searching for the appropriate person to follow and act as their "conscience"?

Attached: Kronk-Shoulder-Angel-Devil-Quiz.jpg (1200x630, 298K)

Why do they have to be baby-angels? Just use their name and social traits; describe them however you like, though I like the user's idea of them being the opposite of imps, effectively.

that idea doesn't have legs to stand on.

Angels don't wear leotards, so what's the point of including them?

>Angels don't wear leotards
That's the problem with the idea? Leotards? The idea can't work because fairies must have leotards?

Attached: wallpaper-2909921.jpg (1400x991, 329K)

you got that right!

Fairy's are known for their pranks and mischievousness, so what kind of pranks would an angelic fairy pull?

Attached: Angel-anime-birds-girl-wings-hd-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1200, 276K)

Whatever happens, the result would somehow involve you doing a good deed.

I'd feel like a pretty terrible person if I had to be pranked into doing good deeds. Maybe these fairy angels are designed for the villains of society...

Attached: wallhaven-447429.png (2000x2804, 5.62M)

Or those who reject their heroic destinies in a misguided attempt to assert agency. Many seek the darkness not for its own sake, but because they see the light as a mandate, a dictate, rather than as their natural path.

>he still thinks cheribim are tiny fat naked toddler eros/cupib knockoffs

Attached: Tetramorph_meteora[1].jpg (250x320, 45K)

>posting the four evangelists
lmao what dude

nigger cheribim were depicted as 4 wingged 4 headed angles with the head of a human, goat, lion, and eagle(or sometimes vulture).

that is exactly what I posted. first image in google image search for "cheribim"

Attached: Cherubim-angel-angels-35968492-454-500[1].jpg (454x500, 108K)

Secretly putting the keys you lost somewhere you'll find them.
Feeding your pet when you left in a hurry and forgot.
Closing the windows when it starts raining heavily and you're not home.
And other such dastardly deeds

er an ox not a goat, ment to say.

Nah dude, they're holding the works they wrote
Matthew, mark, luke, john
I know cherubim look like that but I'm pretty sure that's not an angel

I actually really like this. Would they be able to teleport, or manually have to track their targets? How about invisibility?

Attached: 1503484970395.jpg (884x1200, 604K)

Baby Angels weren't Cherubs, the baby angels are Putti or Amorino - if representing Cupid.

Putti are a representation of love, mischief and hedonism, and show the perfection of the male child-form as well as the sexual needs of males. They are often shown pissing, drinking, eating, sleeping or performing lewd acts.

They were always seperate from Cherubs, which are multiwinged monsters.

There is a painting in the Ringling Museum of them groping and raping a woman while gorging themselves on Wine, but you have to go to the Museum to see it as it isn't available online.

Attached: Bas-Relief-Drunken-Babies-Putti-full-1-2048_10.10-43-.jpg (2002x2002, 311K)

That is an Angel.

Some Angels were literally monsters.

Thrones are flaming wheels covered in eyes. Seraphim are 6 burning wings with a face in the middle. Cherubs are the animal-headed monsters. Virtues are literally just beacons of blinding light and musical choir. Powers are floating suits of armour, covered in chains.

Dominions are Humanoids with wings, with an orb of light in their forehead. The rest are more humanoid but change their forms so who the fuck knows what they look like.

Maybe they're linked to a person, like a sort of guardian angel, and instinctively know things related to them.
They could turn invisible or maybe transform into inanimate objects as a form of disguise.

Boy, fairy angels sure do suck at pranks.

Attached: 39959037_p0.png (2494x3502, 7.1M)

>Some Angels were literally monsters.
>Thrones are flaming wheels covered in eyes. Seraphim are 6 burning wings with a face in the middle. Cherubs are the animal-headed monsters. Virtues are literally just beacons of blinding light and musical choir. Powers are floating suits of armour, covered in chains.
>Dominions are Humanoids with wings, with an orb of light in their forehead. The rest are more humanoid but change their forms so who the fuck knows what they look like.
Yeah, no shit
I just wonder why the fuck they used the exact same symbolism for the gospel writers. Did they do a mecha combine into Tengen Toppa Holy Cherubim or some shit?

I know, right? Next thing you know they'll wake you up if you didn't bset your alarm or something.

>"Haha, you were worried unnecessarily when you made a forgivable mistake, but I saw to it that your worry was misplaced, so now you get to relax and calm down, because of my brilliant prank!"
>"Have a nice day."

Powers already do that.

Attached: demon roguelike.png (626x578, 24K)

Perhaps these minor angels arrange for you to be tempted into doing a sin or crime, and if you do the good thing you are rewarded, while if you do the bad thing it is set up so you do not do any real harm but the angel scolds you.

Why is it that as I get older I find myself liking cute and pure and righteous things more and more? What kind of shit faggot taste did my younger self even have?

It's your own form of rebellion. Whatever the reality, you've been convinced one way or another that "deviancy" is the norm.

Bump for more art of little angels

That symbology didn't appear until the Middle Ages. They chose those symbols because those four animals were used on the flags of the tribes of Dan, Ephraim, Reuben and Judah. The 12 apostles are "successors" to the 12 tribes. It was partially adopted from the Cherubim as described in Ezekiel, and the "Living Creatures" in John's Revelations. Pic related.

Attached: Four Living Creatures.jpg (474x353, 53K)

Tiny angels aren't a very common thing

Attached: 4MoEZTm.jpg (1400x979, 395K)