How do average humans survive in fantasy worlds with creatures that can 1KO them?

How do average humans survive in fantasy worlds with creatures that can 1KO them?

Attached: 152036333958.png (604x613, 209K)

They pay adventurers to help them out.

They stay the fuck away from them

Depends on t-

I mean, actual humans live in a world full of dangerous creatures that can 1KO us, like venomous snakes or tigers, and we pulled out okay.

Out and interbreeding them.

Attached: IsaidBIIIIIIIISH.jpg (2096x3000, 2.28M)

They leech off the stronger races and never leave their side like little pussies

How do we?

That's why we have adventurerers

Attached: steve-irwin-behind-a-large-crocodile-data.jpg (940x529, 338K)

By hiring murderhobos to kill the mosters.

Avoiding them, mostly, or if that fails, swarming them with primitive tools.

they fuck everything that moves
half human hybrids are common for a reason

I'm struggling a bit with explaining why peopel would put up with this in in my not! roman empire. My explanation is that even though the roads are safer from beasts than in other smaller kingdoms and the like, the beasts that are there are either up in the less easily navigated areas such as mountains and far off rural regions, or in the more urban central areas they spawn in the midst of them through magic, depending on how the citizens act. So if there's been a lot of greed then a dragon might spawn in the middle of a high civilization merchant city.

How many Sabre-toothed Tigers do you see?

One reason why fantasy mediaeval societies don't progress... they get wiped out every now and again and start over.

Most of the worst creatures out there stay in specific places that humans don't like. You don't see a lot of big ass witch naga out of the swamps, orcs stay in their caves, and as long as you bury your dead correctly you won't get too many undead.

Also, human villages tend to have strong ass dudes in there who can fight at least a little bit. Joe Bambo the farmer could probably have 2 HD and smack a bitch with his hoe for 1d6+1 due to his innate badassness.

Also = People are allowed to be strong without adventurer levels. A trained soldier doesn't need to be a Fighter of X level, just give them a decent amount of health and +1 or +2 to hit and/or damage with their trained weapons. Learn to DM

Attached: Native American warrior.jpg (500x503, 32K)

by not building cities where monsters live

>A trained soldier doesn't need to be a Fighter of X level, just give them a decent amount of health and +1 or +2 to hit and/or damage with their trained weapons.
So what happens when something larger than a goblin rolls up to the village?

You bring out more warriors; especially really good ones? Your village is fucked and you leave? That may be the sort of thing where you call a monster hunter or build strong walls. It's exactly the reason why people in villages cry about their werewolf problem to people who come into town, hoping one of them can deal with it.

Also; fantasy works great with feudalism for that exact reason. Knights and Lords CAN be high level fighters, and could go toe to toe and defeat powerful monsters. Helps support the setting anyway.

Attached: Armor mannequins.jpg (1000x667, 302K)

>You bring out more warriors; especially really good ones?
So the Fighter(s), gotcha.

Yep, that's what I said.

Or you could just stat them similarly to fighters without being autistic and having to try and fit an NPC character into a player character's rules. It really isn't that hard.

So you basically went from >A trained soldier doesn't need to be a Fighter of X level, just give them a decent amount of health and +1 or +2 to hit and/or damage with their trained weapons. Learn to DM
to >Or you could just stat them similarly to fighters without being autistic and having to try and fit an NPC character into a player character's rules. It really isn't that hard.

I think we're done here.
>inb4 muh reading comprehension

>Or you could just stat them similarly to fighters without being autistic and having to try and fit an NPC character into a player character's rules. It really isn't that hard.

What's autistic about having a consistent ruleset for your world? There's fuck all keeping you from tossing a level or two on an NPC.

I don't play DnD.
Also Humans usually can throw more bodies, they use books or simple oral transmission to pass the weakness of the monster or other races to each other and form societies dedicated to kill them in a mix of guilds, Mystery cults and Christian military orders. And after they get guns it gets curbstomping spirits and other monsters easier.

Attached: load1510248691_108_Catalans.jpg (1184x1600, 405K)

Barbarism

Attached: 02e27d271cf587ad56ebf563062ae434--celtic-art-medieval-art.jpg (736x1081, 173K)

Plot fiat

Good on you for not feeding the retards user, I wish you were in more threads.

Huh, that explains all the abandoned ruins and dungeons everywhere. I quite like this explanation.

>warrior with spear-fishing weapon

why?

Shame on you for forgetting the Great War on Salmon. Many brave men died fighting the delicious menace.

Powerful monsters tend to be loners, or live in small groups. Humans (and other squishy humanoids) band together into nations with armies.

Attached: dragon-against-the-army-fantasy-hd-wallpaper-1920x1080-6650.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

We also have wizards.

Attached: 1280x800.net_4288.jpg (2206x1080, 628K)

Because that would be incredibly hard to remove from your body once it made its mark, and would probably injure you just as badly on the way out as it does going in.

We adapt & invent tools of destruction. Humans on our own Earth fought horribly huge & powerful things & yet prevailed. There used to be a fuck huge lizard in Australia, basically a Komodo Dragon the size of a horse. The natives burned the forests down until it could no longer support itself. We chased mammoth off cliffs. We ran deer down until thier hearts explode. We also tame useful animals as well. Add to that magical ability & you should instead be wondering why humans haven't killed everything else.

What spell would achieve this pictures effect?

Magic. Especially divine magic.