Name me some streamed D&D games that aren't Critical Role

Name me some streamed D&D games that aren't Critical Role.

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x592, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj8d6EcFp0
youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_Qdu887BY
i.imgur.com/BKdL0Yl.png
community.itmejp.com/t/on-the-recent-questions-regarding-steven/769
youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o
twitter.com/koibu0/status/668943963420798976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gimme source

I typed that into Google and nothing came up. Is it on Twitch?

Court of Swords if you like eastern mythology and really interesting takes on morality and destiny. Its been going on for a long while, though, so it might be hard to catch up.

>Court of Swords if you like eastern mythology and really interesting takes on morality
You mean heavy-handed and not at all subtle SJW commentary from one of the biggest faggots ever to DM.

you have a point. still p good stuff tho.

The show is still good, and its true that colonialism and globalization erased much of the world's old cultures. The show contains no judgement as to whether or not this act is morally "evil" as the morals and customs of the currently erased society are pretty fucked up in themselves.

High Rollers

Attached: HR_Poster_grande.png (600x600, 570K)

How is that one? I like Trott and mostly Hulmes but the girls aren't anyone I've bothered watching before.

TeamFourStar have a good one running on their gaming channel, as does takahata101.

Most D&D streamers don't actually play D&D, or just use it as a rough framework.
Watching people play D&D and watching entertainment that is based on D&D are two different things. Which one do you want?

The Adventure Zone
Thrilling Intent

Most streamers actually do play legit roleplaying games, but they're not the ones that are going to be mentioned in threads like these because for the most part they have a two digit audience and most people gravitate to the bigger names who are usually semi famous before streaming rpgs.

> really interesting takes on morality and destiny
Could you provide some distilled examples? I like this stuff for DM inspiration, but do not really want to throw myself into 300+ hours of listening to other peoples' murderhobo escapades.

Attached: 7d554f359886b35c671e665234dd3df0.jpg (757x600, 167K)

True, but if anyone is going to trawl through youtube and the like for a cosy, easy listening game they'd probably post here too.

>girls aren't anyone I've bothered watching before
Fatty is generally nice and inoffensive, if bland. Asian girl usually does extremely dumb That Guy things, but seems kind of self-aware in her disruptive role, which gives off a rather weird impression.

>All magic comes from "The Fountain"
>there are a set number of souls in the world
>your soul has two parts - one of them is your ego which contains your memories, emotions, beliefs etc, and the other is your essence
>ego disperses after death, essence continues on to get reincarnated
>eventually when a soul gets reincarnated enough times and reaches sufficient purity, it gets obliterated, and joins the rest of the magic in the fountain
>oblivion and obliteration is the ultimate purpose and goal of each soul
>the cycle of reincarnation is called the wheel
>the more good you do, the higher up on the chain you get reincarnated, eventually reaching angels, and oblivion in the end
>the more bad you do the lower down you go turning into slugs, ants, etc
>fortune tellers read your fortune and tell you what you must do in the future
>this future is the fastest path for you to do what must be done and get closer to reincarnation
>you might have to slaughter of orphanage, if this is your destiny this is a morally good act
>any rebellion against your destiny or refusal to do what your fortune was predicted to be is a morally bad act

Trapped In The Birdcage

Attached: Crazed Druid.jpg (707x1000, 116K)

That seems outright theme-parkish, honestly. Do they use some random Tarot bullshit for their fortune-telling fuckery, by chance?

>fortune tellers read your fortune and tell you what you must do in the future
Why they remain fortune-tellers instead of running the world, if this is the case?

The C Team at Penny Arcade is pretty good, so long as you're into Jerry's prose. He's a writer and he's up his ass about it, but his descriptions of the world are crazy elaborate and the everyone at the table have a great dynamic.

I just got done with season 1 of TFS at the Table and it turned into a real struggle to watch at the end. Is Season 2 going better?

Where does one go to find the good lewd CR fanart?

Because they can't make shit up. The way the world is ruled is kind of complicated but it consists of various courts (Sword, wands, cups, coins), gods, and Arcana.

Nah not really, the DM is really big on not railroading people and really hard and definitive choices you can never go back on. You can always choose to oppose the cosmic powers. It being a morally reprehensible act does not make it unavailable for you to do. Its not like they have predictions about what they must specifically do anyway, its usually vague shit. The Arcana are pretty active in the world, with the party currently being agents of The Tower. This is the arcana who represents burning shit down so that something new will rise from the ashes - sometimes its a corrupt organisation, sometimes its a prosperous, peaceful, happy city. Choosing to be "good" people by our standards or the standards of the current time and place in which they live and not letting kids die might be something that makes them "evil" by the standards of the cosmic order.

There are also the Mara, who offer dark power and wish to destroy the wheel and this whole system overall, as well as the Farang who are basically space elves who travel from world to world, demolish all of its structures, and strip it out of resources - the equivalent of European colonialists entering the previously mystical and contained worlds of various cultures.

In regards to critical role - why is Orion no longer part of the crew? I know the PR answer, but is there something more to it other than him being busy?

Made bad moves on Laura and demonstrated a general capacity to do unlikeable and hardly excusable things under influence of medications and drugs.

Moves on Laura? Was she with Travis at the time? And what was it he did that was so "inexcusable"? I have only watched campaign 2 so I really have no idea, but as a DM myself I am interested in what resulted in a player that has been with the party for a long long time to get kicked out.

>Was she with Travis at the time?
Yes.
>inexcusable
Behind the screen stuff, mostly: drug abuse, embezzlement of fundraiser money, wild IP claims and general mistreatment of the fanbase, which is the greatest crime of all among those who make their living on social media.

Damn, sounds like a real piece of work. No wonder they have never allowed him to return.

>Those are some sexy ladies
>...flat ladies?
>Oh shit they're dudes
Top 10 fetishes that have gone too far

Attached: Literally me.png (467x360, 146K)

They're both female, but considering how unlikable their players are, you could be forgiven for not knowing.

Frozen Frontier. One of the best games I've watched for a while. All available for free on Twitch/youtube on Koibu channel

Really? I guess my first impression was right then. It's just that the lack of a noticable hourglass figure, flat chests and manjaw threw me off.

Koibu is god-tier GM and JP is a retard for dropping him for Koebel. Koibu plays what a GM should play - the harsh, unforgiving environment out there that is out to get you adn does not care about your heroic quest. If you want to end up being the heroes, you need to carve your way through the wall the GM has erected, not waddle your way through the various paths he has put in there. Bad for broadcast DnD, though, since characters can die in the middle of their epic arc, which is a disappointing resolution, but a realistic one considering its DnD and not a pre-written story.

Well it was more that Neal went to Vietnam, which made scheduling impossible. Steven came in as a replacement before Koebel.

>Trapped In The Birdcage

I tried it but the slow start combined with DM that struggles with the rules made me lose interest. I like PlaneScape though, does it get any good later on?

Attached: 1520142648549.jpg (933x933, 102K)

Nope, JP just got bored of doing the show. He kicked Steven for arbitrary reasons, too, then lied it was because of scheduling issues. Steven spilled the beans later on so JP was forced to admit to it.

LoadingReadyRun are doing one called Dice Friends: Escape From Semolo Plateau. The plot is basically "trapped in Australia+dinosaurs".

They also previously did an adventure called "Temple of The Lava Bears", should still be on youtube somewhere.

Giving Adventure Zone a go and the pilot episode is pretty hilarious, thanks.

Only on ep8 (I think) of TFS' thing but it generally seems ok so far, tiefling girl is hella cringe though.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Cj8d6EcFp0

Have fun user. It's a heck of a ride.

He was trying to assert intellectual property rights over his character.

TFS at the Table started really strong, but it starts to turn downwards in the last couple arcs in season 1. Not sure about season 2 though. The NPCs and story are stong enough it's probably worth sticking around.

It helps to imagine Tiefling Girl as rule 63 Goku.

Is he fucking retarded or just excessively greedy?

I feel like TFS season 2 has been better so far. Finding it hard to put into words, but if it were vidya, I'd say s1 felt like the tutorial island where the basic party is introduced and given a reason to be together but the only quests are main story progression and infodump so it kinda drags, while s2 is where the world opens up, there's more choice in what to do and there are real sidequests to help break things up a little.

Attached: DXEKlnBVQAA0QD7.jpg (604x1108, 118K)

Sadly watching an actual roleplaying session can be pretty dull as good games are designed to be enjoyable to play rather than to watch.

I feel the art form is dying as a result. People just want an improv acting railroad session , with no rules, design or thought put in. The actors just pick what funny lines or things to do at appropriate times the DM decides based on his script and occasionally someone rolls a 20 and everyone screeches in a cacophony of laughter and loses their minds and the DM describes some impossible hilarious 'rule of cool' feat happening.

This is the future of roleplaying now thanks to critical role.

>It's the "Everything is scripted!" autist who doesn't realize the reason why his games don't run that smoothly is because HE is the problem

Kim's the only reason to watch the show. she's bringing diversity and confrontation to an otherwise bland as hell show.

>Made bad moves on Laura
I guess this baseless assumption will never die. Where the fuck did this even come from?

The best thing to come out of critical role is now I know to avoid people who vehemently bitch about it.

Dice, Camera, Action and the Acquisitions Incorporated games are amazing just for Chris Perkins.

Can anyone recommend good recorded games that aren't D&D?

Depends what you're after and any requirements you might have.

Do you want a big show or something smaller?
Do you want webcams or no webcams?
Do you want fantasy, sci-fi, or something else?
Do you have any system preferences?
Are you so autistic that you can't handle female players?

Things like that.

Acquisitions Incorporated pioneered live D&D shows and yet it seems like Critical Role gets all the credit for it. It's weird.

C-Team has been fun too. I just like Jerry Holkins a lot, I guess.

Not streamed but Bards & Nobles is my favorite podcast.

If I had to guess, I think that's fanart of Marisha and Ashley's new characters (Beauregard and Yasha, fuck if I know how to spell those names).

I haven't watched this season but front some fan art I've seen, I think marisha's character is a lesbian so you can prolly guess what the photo's about...

*yawns*

such poor quality bait. you must be bored.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nz_Qdu887BY
I hit it with my axe. Girls playing dnd from 2016.

>Steven spilled the beans later on

Do you have a link to the post/video where this was explained? I've always wondered what happened behind the scenes.

1 0 0 0 M I R R O R S

Harmonquest isn't streamed, but it's a D&D game. One of the few shows of people playing D&D that I actually enjoy, largely for the comedian guests who clearly don't give a shit. It's nice when the inevitable "2cool4this guy who's just in it for the jokes" is an actual comedian who's able to come up with funny jokes.

In-setting there are fortune tellers that do Tarot readings, and depending upon the reading a small boon or bane would happen to that person, but I don't think it's been done more than once or twice all series long.

Him flat out saying, on air, that she was giving him "a half chub"

Get out of here kid.

It's a shame it's so incredibly hit or miss.
I think the show would have been 100 times better if they'd played a full campaign, making notes or recording it for cheap all the way, then scripted a show heavily based on the events.

If they were ALL actors/comedians, instead of just half of them (replace Erin and Spencer with some of the more successful comedian guests) that would actually work. As it stands, Neither Erin nor Spencer would be able to pull off "this is happening for the first time" when in actuality it wasn't, because they aren't actors.

No you misunderstand. I'm not saying recreate the game, I'm saying create a cartoon that depicts the events of the game. Have every episode explain the premise that it's based on a game of D&D and then just go from there.
There would be no OOC talk or DM description (perhaps a narrator).

This. Frozen Frontier only has 25 episodes currently but is a joy to watch weekly, the first few sessions go kinda slowly but it picks up when everyone gets into character more and bigger things start happening.

Koibu's "Hardcore Heroes" series is something I haven't watched yet but everyone seems to love it and the cast is 3/4ths the Frozen Frontier cast

Attached: FroFro.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

i never had an issue with the Tiefling girl, and I appreciate that shes atleast no the usual broody bitch Tiefling you see everywhere else

shes an autistic punch crazy kid
so yeah, rule 63 Goku, Wake just needs to train her to be a Monk but instead of elemental she goes Sun Soul

Season 1 was good in the opening, dragged a bit through the Island after the initial fun and Season 2 is definitely feeling stronger

Over all I enjoy TFS at the Table just for the fact that they seem to want to have fun with their characters, both the PCs and the NPCs and follow their stories

Takahatas guest Elf character was also nice to mix in some animosity and salt amongst the otherwise jovial crew as well

Sure, here is Steven's explanation of the situation
i.imgur.com/BKdL0Yl.png
And here is JP caught with his pants down
community.itmejp.com/t/on-the-recent-questions-regarding-steven/769

Rusty Quill Gaming. It's mathfinder but it's really fucking good

Frozen Frontier is all of the shit I try so hard to avoid in a regular game, worrying about rations and encumbrance rules, but made entertaining.

I ma just going to assume it ends like every Koibu game - a TPK

Katie is nice and plays the straight man for everyone else's fool, she acts as a reluctant leader for the group sinceher character is the only level headed one. Her character is a bit bland though.
Kim goes a bit too hard on the melodrama act, but her character is pretty cool.

>That rollplay game where Neal straight up said "You were supposed to all die here but you rolled so good"

They killed a group of guys several levels above them, who had the surprise on them because they got a bunch of great crits and fought well. it was hilarious.

You disgust me, people. Fucking cancer destroying the hobby - I bet most of you doesn't even play or play less then two or three years. Tabletop was better as fucking neckbeard shit then influx of bloody damn cunts from FAMOUS STREAMERS AND CELEBRITIES who turned it into shallow puddle with depth of players being fucking toenail. I can't wait until it "dies" again, as unpopular and passe thing. The quality will return.

I can't play, so this is my fix. Fuck off.

Attached: 1506103808875.jpg (663x707, 50K)

Then fuck off.

Yep, the fight with the prince or whoever he was they had pissed off and his guards. He just sets up TPKs all the time. He has this autismo "DM vs Players" attitude and just looks for an excuse to make rocks fall.

>it's a "neal just hates his players" post
Watch frozen frontier, he doesn't try to TPK ever, turns out having a good party is for the best.

The one with Vin Diesel
youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o

Koibu is God
twitter.com/koibu0/status/668943963420798976

I bet you're not even old enough to remember when Basic D&D as sold in toy stores. Or when tabletop was full of goths from WoD.

>Thrilling Intent
The production quality is pretty damn high, the first arc is kinda slow and I think the series plateus by the end of the Narn fight (around episode 80).
The characters that the DM makes are really fucking good through, like
>Firi
>Kier Fiore
>Inien (for a bit)
>Verne Matimel
I love Verne as a character, he's the kind of guy where if you threaten him he whispers to you "Good luck, I'm behind 7000 skeletons" and his death scene was fucking great.
As he dies he says in a wistful voice "Time makes skeletons of us all..."
He's a very quotable necromancer.

Well, if party pisses a prince, it's pretty obvious they'll get a TPK

Is there a good episode of Dice Camera Action to jump in on? I liked the latest live show but I couldn't get more than a few episodes into ep1

Koibu's Frozen Frontier is the best D&D show around

Everything was better then that shit right now.

Attached: Imagined_realities.png (221x277, 9K)

Second (or Third-ing) Thrilling Intent. Also anything from twitchtv/warpedlamp.

Fuck off, if this is messing up tabetops for you then you werent around for the assholes crying satanism or the goth influx over WoD
Tabletop has always had weirdos and cringe, when we get noticed by mainstream, we attract newbies and shitflingers, have before and its happening again.

Now we have new people coming to the scene because of the Streams? Fine, some of them will get bored and leave, the keepers with find they like it, stay, experiment with different games and characters as anyone else, with any luck well get some more GMs out of the deal too

so stop being a miserable cunt

Look for Kikoskia on youtube. There's some Call of Cthulhu, Burning Wheel, Paranoia and Traveller that are pretty decent.

>tfw I was one of the goths
Still here shitting up the scene decades later.

Attached: tumblr_ofscwpKwaV1qccr2xo4_400.gif (268x179, 1.51M)

Watch Swan Song. The story pans out so interestingly I would watch it if it was a script for a Netflix show. Best part is - it's not even "scripted" since it uses the Stars Without Numbers system where what happens with factions between turns is determined via a really complex faction asset purchase and fighting system, the DM just manages to turn these random things into fantastic storylines that he players need to deal with. The show is now complete and concluded.

Sorry for posting a request and going straight to sleep, I didn't think there would be follow-up questions. I'll try to answer yours the best I can so you can make better recs. I already liked a lot of what the other anons recommended, so thanks you guys

>Do you want a big show or something smaller?
Either
>Do you want webcams or no webcams?
Either. Heck, even podcasts would be fine.
>Do you want fantasy, sci-fi, or something else?
Well, oi would blike to avoid the standard fantasy seeing that's too much like Forgotten Realms. That's mostly what I meant when I said "not D&D", I wanna steer away from this kind of medieval fantasy. Other that I'm open to any setting.
>Do you have any system preferences?
I tend to enjoy what are called "narrative" systems way more than crunchier games, but that's for when I play. Maybe when watching they're bearable.
>Are you so autistic that you can't handle female players?
I'm a girl

I just want to know what you guys enjoy watching, then I can give it a shot and see if I do too. The thing is I never enjoyed watching other people play before when setting things like critical role, so maybe I have been looking in the direction.

>podcasts
Listen to MILKRUN. Best Shadowrun podcast I've listened to.

hell yeah, they just wrapped up three years of campaigning

can't wait for the new season

Attached: 1505676098024.png (600x617, 281K)

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I'm a bit behind - the bonus EPs before Season 3 so I've gotta catch up.
>Malik.jpg

Attached: 2874aa952f19d99d774c4bdf8a2e2096.jpg (432x576, 83K)

Seems good. They have three seasons, should I start at the first one or have they spiked in quality by seasons 2 and 3? Are the seasons sequels in the same story?

Start from the beginning.
All the players are new to Shadowrun so it takes a couple of episodes for them to ease into it but it's not so jarring that it's not worth listening to.

Oh and the second part of your questions, yeah they're all from the same campaign following the same characters.

Thanks. Although it calls itself an actual play podcast, the episodes are edited, right? No way a shadowrun game runs under an hour, right? Just to clarify, I consider the editing a good thing. A lot of what goes on at the table usually doesn't make for good listening content.