So what type of assassin backgrounds there are in fiction? I know of the cultist killers...

So what type of assassin backgrounds there are in fiction? I know of the cultist killers, the puppet and soldier turned assassin.

What other kinds of assassin backstories is there?

Attached: Agent47HITMAN2016.png (700x744, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pymm6cmE9uQ
youtu.be/FcMRkyoHKeA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Count of Monte Cristo is the obvious genre you're missing

Revolutionary - acting on ideological beliefs, similar to cultist, though more of a loose cannon.
Monster - contract killing gets them paid for what they would love doing even for free.
Gentleman Hunter - rich degenerate taking the whole thing as extreme safari.

Pic related - the groomed-from-birth killer.
Also, what about a revenge killer (The Bride from Kill Bill)

Conditioned brainwashed killer
~mysterious~ type (fucking chacal)

What makes them different from a doll assassin?

What's a doll assassin?

I was thinking about that earlier, how about a vigilante type, motivated more by ideology as above but after specific targets which could be seen as upstanding citizens or even crime networks.

like vid related examples.

youtu.be/Pymm6cmE9uQ

youtu.be/FcMRkyoHKeA

The co-incidental killer: The average person that finds themselves in a kill-or-be killed situation and discovers that they have a natural talent for it, then gets recruited.
The accidental assassin: Someone who blunders around and who's sheer ineptitude causes others around then to die (think Mr Bean meets Inspector Clouseaux!).

batman is basically a non-lethal "assassin", or at least he was trained as one.

Attached: League_of_Shadows_Batman_Begins_001.jpg (500x333, 21K)

I accidentally uploaded the following onto another thread:

Eversor Assassin from Warhammer is one of my favourite ideas on how assassinations should be done.

1. Find the most violent and psychopathic person you can get your hands on
2. Biologically and mentally 'modify' them to be a living weapon of absolute lethality
3. Put ALL THE DRUGS into them to make them that much more MURDEROUS
4. Suspend them in a constant state of comatose suspension in between MURDER missions
5. DRUG THEM THE FUCK UP and have them MURDER someone unlucky sod

Best part, if they ever die, they explode. As in surgically inserted to every Eversor Assassin is a chemical concoction that triggers near death. The Eversor actually explodes and everything near it is consumed by the explosion.

A deranged psychopath with an axe cleaving through 100 henchmen to kill the target still counts as an assassination. No stealth, no subtlety, no disguises, ONLY DRUGS. All the drugs make them basically unstoppable, unless you manage to evaporate or remove the Eversor's limbs. I cannot stress how lethal and hilarious these assassins are.

pic related

Attached: visions_of_damnation_by_mr_culexus.jpg (650x713, 328K)

RL examples would include jihadis, members of state intelligence services like CIA, FSB, Mossad etc, and your more sort of stereotypical thug hitmen who you can find pretty much anywhere in the world.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski
A caring family man with a wife and two kids and is was also a mafia hitman the entire fucking time without anyone knowing.

MK-Ultra.

Dolls. Think gunslinger girl. Meant to be commanded by a handler. The doll assassin is often resemble an ordinary person but in reality was raised to mill. Never seen without their handler, the handler serve as their only link to society as they could not function properly thanks to lack of interaction with like minded peers.

47 is largely independent, IIRC. Dolls have a direct contact with their handler to set up the interpersonal dynamic but 47 largely just received instructions.

He's less of a doll to be handled and more of a hound to be set upon someone.

The ex con that was trying to go straight but still has to provide for his kids after the mother ODs

The Autistic Murder Savant; see pic related
The Consummate Professional - Clean, tidy and seldom holds a grudge. They've probably been doing this for over a decade now and focus on risk management, pay and not getting caught.
The Woken Dragon - They've been crossed and now have to come out of retirement to settle some debts/scores with some poor idiots that thought they were safe, often used to be The Consummate Professional; see John Wick

Attached: 14-the-accountant.w1200.h630.jpg (1199x630, 125K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1600x900, 296K)

So how would one roleplay a doll type assassin in D&D? Cultist assassins like here would be driven by causes and follow tenents of their faith. But what about someone who travels with a party as a doll? Have a NPC who often keep in touch with them to give them instructions or something?

Ezio was peak AC

There was a movie a while back, I'm drawing a blank on the name but the basic assassins backstory was that her beat the shit out of some guy in front of a small time gangster and so got offered jobs beating the shit out of people for him. As the years went on things escalated into full on contract assassinations. The guy passed up on a few chances to get out of it and then those chances stopped coming. What I find interesting about this one is that the assassin was just some guy at his core who knew he was in deep but just rolled with it because their was no other option. It's kind of scary really, "Well I guess I'll just go on killing mother fuckers, oh well."

Fucking losers who need to pay off their movie rental debts.

Attached: travis_touchdown_render_by_nibroc_rock-d9v8k61.png (907x880, 259K)

Sounds like that problem could be solved by returning some videotapes.

Whatever this freak is.

Attached: Kuroko.jpg (1000x814, 255K)