/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-its-raining-cats-of-mau-and-dogs-of-pugmire/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/monday-lunch-meeting-notes-notes-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the most Chad Paradigm possible in Ascension?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/the-dead-belong-below-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Attached: World of Chadness.png (800x600, 706K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/umxq4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's the most Chad Paradigm possible in Ascension?
A Son of Ether that powers all his devices with baby souls

>What's the most Chad Paradigm possible in Ascension?
Kill yourself if you play any paradigm other than the "pet rock that lets you do anything" one

Might is Right

Followed by helping everyone to get swole as an Akashic so everyone can be as right as you are.

Gangrel is the best clan

I wanna play Mage 20 but with an easy going ST who realizes it's literally impossible to play rules as written.

I only keep finding ST's who are obsessed with metaplot and insist there's some logic in it that doesn't allow me to do anything with my current builds.

Attached: Its magick I dont have to explain shit.png (947x385, 465K)

So, has anyone shared Enemy Action yet?
I'm interested, but I'm not buying it without knowing what I get.

What was your build (s)?

It's been shared. No need for your weird moral justifications.

Why won't the ST let me create antimatter as a celtic druid that has never been around technology :(

For instance, I tried to use 3 correspondence and 3 entropy to see possible locations a magical focus used by an nephandic mage has been to get clues on his whereabouts.

I got a simple "no."

That's what you get for not having a superior technocratic paradigm you filthy reality deviant.

I ain't finding it on the MEGA, link?

>Enemy Action

sendspace.com/file/umxq4s

thanks

Honestly as a ST i'd probably allow it, except its druidy looking antimatter.

Like if a druid tried to build a car it would look/work like something out of the flinstones.

Magick is about imagination overcoming reality, and then dealing with the paradox of it all.

Attached: druids.jpg (256x327, 95K)

>implying fucking with a technocrat's foci isn't child's play

>implying fucking with a reality deviant's foci is not child's play

>Honestly as a ST i'd probably allow it, except its druidy looking antimatter.
lul

>Daily reminder that Tremere fought against both mages and vampires and not only survived but flourished.
>Daily reminder that they are the most powerfull clan in Camarilla
>Daily reminder that they kicked magefags asses again in 2nd massasa war so hard magefags try to label it as not-canon for damage control.

All you mage and vamp fags should bow before your true overlords.

Attached: 1484728414619.jpg (300x500, 41K)

House of Hermes, war-cabals of other Awakened Fellowships, Salubri, Inconnu, Tzimisce, Nosferatu, Gangrel and Assamites; all of them couldn't keep the Tremere back

I'm only partially familiar with Hunter: The Vigil.

Does Task Force Valkyrie have different opinions, failsages, levels of aggression against different supernaturals, or is it always kill on sight?

For instance, do they view treat more more "human" mages differently from werewolves or vampires?

I recently made the mistake of replaying VtM:B.
Is the tabletop good enough, or I am better off running Requiem?

pic unrelated

Attached: 1467607083695.png (856x659, 613K)

Daily reminder that if White Wolf weren't high while writing that part of the metaplot they would've realized the OoH could just have fought House Tremere at day instead of marching during night like idiots.

The Virgin Beast VS Chad Sin-Eater is in the works, and I already have an idea for the next one: Virgin oWoD VS Chad CofD. After than I'm considering doing one where both parties are from Hunter: The Vigil, but I'm not sure which groups to use and in which configuration. Any ideas?

Attached: Hunter The Vigil Featuring Dante.png (612x792, 827K)

V20 is pretty good.

VtM tabletop is infinitely better than Requiem; go with V20

Stopped finding this funny after I realized how nonsensical the whole scenario was. I know it's fiction, but total disregard for how war played out throughout history is just begging for ridicule.

>OoH could just have fought House Tremere

That would have been cheating!

It also would have triggered WW's gay, parent-hating, "edgy", vampire-loving fanbase, and cut into profits, all while the rpg industry was in decline.

Your salty tears taste deliciously

Tremere are the cancer that ruin the kindred society.

Attached: 83c.jpg (428x500, 49K)

Vampire paid the bills. Therefore they had to win.

The Tremere are the only reason Camarilla exists

I mean, any supplement that throws out mechanics in favour of pure bias is going to be mocked. From my experience Tzimisce fags were more annoyed with the Tremere than Mage fags.

Depends a lot on what you want.
One of the big problems with Masquerade is that unless you dump enough points to max out the Generation background, you are basically a bullet resistant mortal with sunlight allergy.
Requiem 2e powers up the disciplines considerably, making it possible to feel like there is a reason people are afraid of vampires, pretty much from the get-go.

No really, It's "what does a druid think antimatter looks like and how does it function?"

That's what you're gonna get, regardless of what actual antimatter is. Same as the car.

>Requiem 2e powers up the disciplines considerably, making it possible to feel like there is a reason people are afraid of vampires

A reason for plain vanilla 'humans' to fear vampires, but other supernaturals, not so much.

In Requiem, vampires completely lost their plot armor, and are now comparatively weak compared to most other splats. They also gained a new big bad adversary in the Strix, and vamps have few tools to fight them.

What is the best white wolf "adventure" module for VtM ? Anything from 1st edition to V20 is okay.

New Orleans by Night

Requiem vampires were pretty scary powerful at the end of 1e with sacraments and blasphemies, right under mages and archmages. Now with inconsistent 2e blood magic rules that are largely unusable this is no longer the case.

Wormwood.

Technocrat Paradigm
>yfw IPhones are True Magick

Attached: 1513826230464.jpg (2518x1024, 489K)

The Chaos Factor.

I'm not even mad. I'm just amused your favorite Clan is so poorly written user. Does playing a vampire wizard help hold together that fragile self-esteem of yours?

Fair enough.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (800x682, 78K)

>In Requiem, vampires completely lost their plot armor, and are now comparatively weak compared to most other splats.

Not compared to Werewolves, they aren't.
Werewolves have better regeneration, while they go Gauru, otherwise Vampires are better than Werewolves in combat in every single way.

Better damage enhancers, better health enhancers, better armor power, and they actually HAVE defence boosters, unlike werewolves.
Once you hit BP 3, Frenzy equals Gauru in damage output, and it just keeps climbing from there.
Apart from that, there is also Physical Intensity which the werewolves have no counter to.
The werewolves are also limited in their ability to gain as large bonuses as vampires, since Renown are much harder to get up high than Disciplines are.

Werewolves are WAY better at other things, what with the wide applicability of their Rituals compared to blood sorcery, and it's practically impossible to escape a pack of hunting werewolves. But in combat, 1-on-1, Vampires carry more strengths than Werewolves do.

Technocracy being the actual goodguys was the hardest pill I swallowed

You mean that Vampires were relevant for as long as they had Mage-magic, only with a blood theme?

I wonder how difficult it must be for the Technocracy to introduce new tech to sleepers.

NWO has to advertise a product with just enough believability to not cause a paradox fuck up with Consensus Reality.

Tfv tends to be more gun heavy on the scale. They might hold off on shooting a blood sucker if it's tactically sound, but otherwise not so much. If you're looking for a more level headed group that would hold their fire, try the vascu, they even try to put monsters in jail and shit if they're able to.

...Yes, I guess so.

>vascu, they even try to put monsters in jail

LOL, user, now pull the other one...

virgin Lucifuge vs. Chad Malleus Maleficarum

I would NOT want to be a guard in mage or werewolf jail.

Running a chronicle set in Toronto at the moment. Went and adapted/wrote up about 30 000 words for the Chronicle booklet with custom made NPC's, locations, themes of overpopulation and the breakdown of Camarilla/Sabbat dogma after the Week of Nightmares and post-Gehenna.

The Coterie:

>A Tremere Technomancer who is on the bottom of the Chantry's apprentice list, the secret childe of the first Apprentice that the Regent already knows about but couldn't care less.
>A Brujah who worked in his mortal life for a massive property development corporation that ended up being owned by a Brujah that embraced both the player and the player's best friend, making them Old Pals. Was just recently elected Sheriff after the previous Sheriff disappeared
>A Toreador who has been a Drama Professor for decades, and refuses to let go of his mortal life despite the multitude of questions and potential masquerade Violations that comes with trying to balance a real life with the immorality of the Kindred's soul. Making the shift from dramatist to a purveyor of Kindred lore and histories.
>A Giovanni from the Russian Branch of the family who used to work as a Prosecutor for the government, and is trying to maintain a steady influence on provincial and federal courts through careful ghouling. Is trying to utilize his clout to begin amassing fetters out of evidence rooms, and to utilize raising spirits to manipulate court cases/suspects/rival attorneys.
>A Lasombra-Antitribu who disappeared from Europe after the Treaty of Milan was ripped up and Western Italy switched to the Camarilla. One of the few that didn't get caught up in the great fires and purges and sought to disappear as far away from main kindred politics as possible with his sire.

Pretty much. There's no way a bunch of noob blood magicians could beat centuries of Tzimisce koldunic knowledge and fleshcrafted horrors
The Camarilla is the cancer of vampiric society as well

It amused me, having a player that kept doing the improbable and throwing everything he fought into super jail. Slasher types, vampires, werewolves, a fae, a demon, even a fucking mage he got to surrender thanks to a risked willpower persuasion roll and a logical conversation. Shit is retarded but hilarious. People called him mountie in game because he always got his man.

Keep screeching Tzimiscefag

Since supernal Angels with Death can grant a boon that removes Gnosis, what do you guys think a supernal Fae with Forces can do?

>Use Prime 2 to enchant a stick to deal aggravated damage
>It's coincidental at the time
>Go up to a normie and easily slice him in half.
What happens?

Attached: 1515275092767.png (409x322, 312K)

I'd make you roll some backlash probably. But RAW there is just an implication magic gets undone slowly by the consensus, so nothing happens except a dead guy.

Change the season.

that's not a bad guess

There are cases Paradox can be retroactive; check on how Paradox from "coincidental" illusions are handled when spotted, or how Life 5/Prime 5 Added Health blessings handle it; and Unbelief

Is this from How Do You Do That Anyway?

Nobody else find it funny that DaveB has given us Aids (Aedes) in the latest SoS spoiler.

Last session:

>Tremere Technomancer doesn't make the session
>Brujah Sheriff decides to visit a Gangrel's domain, a bar for war veterans, after getting a text message telling him to go there.
>Screams out "HEY, SOMEBODY IS OUT HERE SCRATCHING UP TRUCKS!"
>The entire bar empties out of war veterans, looking for punks who are scratching up trucks
>The Brujah decides to slam his foot so hard into the floor he smashes through to the basement, where the Gangrel is finishing up an arms deal.
>Due to fucking up a)the Gangrel's domain, b) Insulting him several times intentionally, c) Saying 'I bet you've never fought in a war.' when there's a picture of him in a WW1 Uniform on the wall, and using disciplines in front of humans, the Gangrel decides to rip off the Sheriff's head. Blows his left leg off instead.
>The Lasombra AntiTribu does absolutely nothing to help the Sheriff and just sits back, openly debating whether to switch sides to this new NPC.
>The Toreador Drama Professor diablarized the previous Sheriff while no one else was looking
>The Giovanni set a car on fire at 2AM, was caught beside it on film, but then set up an elaborate plot to convince the public that the owner and operator of the cab company is running an elaborate insurance fraud scheme and that the Taxi driver was guilt-ridden and suicidal over the incident

The Sheriff requested assistance in repairing his leg- and got a shady heal job done by the Technomancer's Sire for the low low price of 2 fucking points of his vitae to the Chantry. Anyone else running any V:tM sessions?

Ah the low hanging bait

Works every time, it's been decades and Magefags/Tzimiscefags are still triggered by the Massasa/Omen War

That's because of the bad writing. M20 will be similarly hated forever.

If I want to make a Mage in Ascension that summons Demons to enslave and abuse them, how best should I optimise?

Why is it so hard to find a play by post vtm game?

all the ones i come across are either dead or really fucking dumb

>vtm
>really fucking dumb

Duh

There's at least two books in the Dark Ages line that being this up: Devil's Due and Infernalism: The Path of Screams. Try looking at them for inspiration.

High Willpower and levels of Spirit sphere, shitload of stuff like Etiquette, Intimidation at 4+ with appropriate Specialties; still will only be capable of bossing around lesser imps and demons and if the demon you're screwing up with is the underling/subject to any Lord in the infernal hierarchy that takes offense to you and your hubris you're effectively fucked up

The natural defense vs firearms and regen is pretty damn good, and easy access to influence makes oogyboogs very good, and they are among the best at social stuff (instant perfect response).

Vampires aren't weak in 2e at all. Insanely durable and most chronicles are made by heavy use of charm/etc. Not to mention that OD vamps can get a huge range of powers.

I'm the obligatory fag asking when more hunter news is coming our way

B-b-b-but mages can just use [This rote] and [X Sphere]+[Y sphere] to turn the earthbound/demon lord into a dildo to shove up the ass.

Ya know I retract my comment I don't wanna start a shit storm.

Attached: magefags.png (500x909, 321K)

Other splats(mostly woofs and vamps) do the same thing

Newsflash, the avatar (not even their true selves) of Demon Lords have Spheres (some even Archspheres), charms, infinite demonic investments, abitrarily high Arete/Willpower and aeons of preparation (wards, hanged rituals, wonders; they can give their thralls Spheres/Arete & as many investments as he wants). Also using mortal magic in their realms is always considered vulgar with witness.

just use matter 5 lul

>spirits
>having avatars

k lul

demons and spirits can use spheres lul

don't need avatars

k lul

lul ok

k lul

>End Times lore of oWoD states avatars are actually pieces of God (Chorister theory)
>Demons are End Times splat
>Demons are fallen angels *created* by God.

Attached: wod malkavians.png (480x882, 319K)

So mages are responsible for everything and deserve to be hated

Book of Madness, Revised;
Their magick is powered by Hell itself, disliking it won't make it any less true

k lul

>powered by Hell itself
>their "Hell" is just conjured a High Umbral realm conjured up by the collective unconscious

Still looking for a WoD game.

Sometime i shall find one.
It took me three years of searching to find my first proper RPG to play.

*their "Hell" is just a High Umbral

these false flags keep getting worse

Incarna literally have avatars though. They have Essence, retard.

k lul

What Discipline do I need to casually shapeshift my appearance to whatever I want on the fly [not Vicissitude]

Attached: Alucard13.jpg (500x667, 387K)

Protean
Chimerstry
Obtenebration
Obfuscate