I am running a new D&D 5e campaign and have told one of my players repeatedly that there are no Tortles...

I am running a new D&D 5e campaign and have told one of my players repeatedly that there are no Tortles, Aarakcora or Genasi in my world, but he still argues the fact that he is gonna play one anyway, how do I change his mind without kicking him out of the group

Attached: 1520954444595.jpg (840x560, 91K)

>I absolutely have to play a special snowflake race even if the GM tells me he doesn't want them in the game!
Why would you not want to kick him?

Tell him no, and that if he doesn't like it, he can find another group. Period, full stop, no compromising, and you don't give a hot gay fuck what his capital-O Opinion is on this stupid, stupid matter. If he's a goddamn adult then he should learn to take no for an answer.

Attached: 1274319681741.jpg (214x216, 34K)

Collaborative worldbuilding can be fun, but this player just sounds like a retard. Kick him.

>No Genasi

Attached: FUCK YOU.png (1200x1200, 116K)

If she shows up on gameday with one of those three, kick him.

If he doesn't respect you as a GM, then he won't be a good player anywho.

Why does each of you want the thing, and why can't you come to an agreement over it?

Why is it so important you can't kick him out? Are you that short on players?

>I am running a new D&D 5e campaign and have told one of my players repeatedly that there are no Tortles, Aarakcora or Genasi in my world, but he still argues the fact that he is gonna play one anyway, how do I change his mind without kicking him out of the group

Are you the DM? Then you say "no." You don't have to give a reason, just, "No."

Let him play a Tortle, have the party be constantly hunted by a man in metal armor accompanied by werebeasts seeking to make "tortle soup"

Attached: latest[1].png (333x419, 152K)

It's already too late. Kick him now, avoid problems in the future.

let him have one
its not gonna ruin your universe to include any more

We all hate bad DM's but the DM has final say. It's best as an unspoken rule that you listen or you're gone.

Just try to explain that it's your world and it would make no sense to have it and so he can't play that.

Tell him to roll a d10. On a 1-6, he is allowed to play a human only. On a 7-8, he can play human, elf, dwarf, and gnome. On a 9, he gets access to half-orcs and half-elves. On a 10 he can play a tiefling or some other gay shit race. Tell him otherwise no he can't play what he wants it's your world and you're the one putting in the effort to DM and anyone who says otherwise is a retard.

>Let him play
No. He can conform to some basic fucking parameters.

You could:
>Let him keep the mechanics but he's seen as a member of the races in your setting
>Explain to him that there aren't any of those races in your setting and that he is hurting your planned story by trying to force you to let him play as one

"race X is not in my setting" solutions:

>I was cursed by an evil witch, now I'm a turtleman
>I was involved in a freak magic accident, now fire is in my blood
>The guy who sold me the feather fall potion was a bit shady

D&D is a game of imagination, so use it.
If the player keeps being a faggot, then that's another issue.

Non-humans not being in a setting IS the solution, you animal

If you're determined to not kick him then you'll both have to compromise.
Explain your setting to him and have him try to justify why his genasi/aarakocra/tortle exists there. If he can do that, then you've just begun to work things out and hopefully begin rolling some dice. If he can't, use that to help him understand why those creatures don't exist. If he refuses to compromise then things will only devolve and get worse and you're going to be better off with someone else.

Attached: profile_162_600.jpg (450x600, 222K)

Let his create his character than just entirely ignore him in-game because his character doesn't actually exist and you told him this.

Did he ever bother explaining how his character ended up in a world where he's literally the only one of his race and more likely to be put in a cage and paraded around as a curiosity along with the bearded lady and the elephant man than entrusted with anything ever?

>muh ultraispeshul world where der r no humans only my super cool race of homebrewed awesome stuff. No bards, or Fighters, or ... you know actually It's easier if you know you can only play as monks and rangers and this homebrew warlock I found. It jsut wouldn't make sense in MUH WORLD.

You gotta work on your bait senpai.

If you are attempting to be retarded you are more successful than you dared hope.
If it's that important just tell him he's literally not gonna play if he doesn't conform; once he sees you are serious ( he sits at table and watches first game) he will come back next week with a proper character.

eh, this I suppose. If he actually shows with a charater that's explicitly not valid, if you really HAVE to have him in your game, just ignore him. If you're too much of a bitch to kick him, that is.

For extra passive aggressiveness, tell him he won, his adventure is over and doesn't even have to do anything.

if you're friends with this guy and the other players, discreetly inform the others of this. Nobody wants to find out about this stuff when it's time to play.
Explain to them that you are the DM and aren't willing to compromise, and that's it.

if you need to make a thread just because you and a player disagree, you're off track.
You are the fucking DM. You have the authority to say no. Just use it.

>For extra passive aggressiveness, tell him he won, his adventure is over and doesn't even have to do anything.

thanks for the keks.

>he still argues the fact that he is gonna play one anyway
man if the guy can't take 'no' for an anwer in cgen, you don't want him in your game at all. Kick him. Kick him even if he sees sense. Trying to argue the gm down already is a huge red flag.