Yugioh general

continued from:

Attached: 1504972444816.png (400x580, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vlE06_Uuc9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haven't touched my yugioh cards since 2005

Getting back into it and learned that they have XYZ, Pedulum, etc.

It seems a bit overwhelming, I just want to stick to the way I knew it.

Want to go to the store and buy a booster pack but don't know if they will all be pendulum cards.

Does Konami make booster packs without all the pendulum bullshit?

Make Gladiator Beasts Great Again

Attached: GladiatorBeastHeraklinos-TF05-JP-VG.png (544x544, 635K)

Ancient Millennium is a boring set.

Just play Duel Links.

Gladiator Beast link in the TCG when?

GB Fortress when?

You dont play pendulums unless youre playing a dedicated pendulum deck.

It still sucks, but I think I've just about got it.

Attached: SKY FIRE.png (654x416, 527K)

The biggest problem with the deck is that you're trying to use Desperado Barrel Dragon and Reactors at the same time. It'd be easier if you focused on one, since the Reactor cards don't really benefit from Heavy Metal Raiders. I have a build, but it uses OCG cards and I made it in under 5 minutes.

There are only like 2-3 viable pendulum decks. Most cards arent pendulum cards.

I find the exact opposite to be true. Desperado is simply too easy to abuse with Reactors to NOT use him and HMR only requires that the monster destroy a card to bring out something else, while also helping to alleviate their shit stats.
The only issue I was really having was just getting the necessary Reactors, since there really isn't anyway to reliably search them out, though I think I've solved that issue with Gearspring Spirit and Trade-In.
I'm probably going to go back to Symphonic Reactors, but I figured I would keep at it for a bit.

Whats the trap between Raiders and solemn?

Fake Explosion.

Reactors will only really destroy Spells/Traps on your opponent's turn. Maybe if you ran BM-4 Blast Spider.
You could drop Gearspring Spirit for 2 more SKY FIRE. Then you could run Soul Charge to try and get 2 SKY FIRE on the field.

Are virii viable?

Attached: 1505801339787.png (400x580, 514K)

They just got a dedicated structure deck, google Lair of Darkness

Post good original card name changes Konami of America made

Attached: DiceTry-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png (450x654, 766K)

Not name, but the text.
Here's the original
星の光を守護する勇者
幻界せし闇を討つべく
選ばれしものに力を托す。
星の杯に継がれし意志は新たな鍵となり
闇を断ち切る剣とならん。

The hero who defends the light of the stars
Must destroy the darkness of the illusory world
And entrust his power to the chosen one.
The will inherited by the chalice of the stars will become a new key
And become the sword that cuts down darkness.

Attached: 1495238719636.png (569x824, 718K)

Well, it's certainly more memorable

God I wish Borraload dragon wasn't 60 fucking dollers. The thing is a total game winner

Attached: 1511957487224.png (941x1481, 209K)

>buy my 2% pull rate box, it's much cheaper I swear

Is he the Todd Howard of card games?

Who is Todd Howard?

Mr. Skyrim aka BUY MY GAME and SEE THAT MOUNTAIN? Guy

Some Twitch reaction pic guy.

Oh, I don't play video games or watch anyone on Twitch.

The reason they make money is because they buy lots of boxes and thus *on average* make a big profit.

Borreload is very rare to pull, and while on average you will get one before spending 60$ on the packs it's in, it's quite likely you also won't. Plus that guy takes into account selling every card in the pack

For example, you *on average* will get Ash Blossom about every 2 kaiba boxes (which at retail is around what 1 ash costs), but you also have a VERY real chance of not pulling it at all (source: opened 3 Kaiba boxes)

>mfw i pulled 2 ash in 1 box

Attached: IMG_5564.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Coming back to the game after a long time. I understand how all the newer types of cards work and building around archetypes. Trying to figure out how newer cards feed into older archetypes to provide extra utility. Which link monsters are considered staples in most decks?

Linkuriboh if you have lvl1s
Underclock Taker
Proxy Dragon
Decode Talker
Topologic Bomber Dragon
Borrelload Dragon
Beyond that it depends wholly on your deck. Missus Radiant for EARTH, Mistar Boy for WATER, Link Spider for normals/tokens, etc.

Alright. Thanks fampai.

I still don't understand Proxy Dragon being there. It's arrow placement makes it absolutly useless unless it's in the main field, which means you need another link already out to make it useful.

Why do so many people run it?

Generic, so you can turn any 2 monsters off your field for it and climb into something else.

But why "climb into something else" when the next step is gonna need a third monster anyway? Wouldn't it be better to just go into decode talker?

>want to buy the kaiba box
>can't find in any store

Welp

He is not wrong, but he fails to mention this only works if you both have enough money and sell all the singles you don't want. But if you're at the point where money isn't a concern you can just buy a deck to save the trouble.

it works for stuff like scapegoat or tokens

add skulldeat

But people run it in shit like Blue Eyes, which has neither

then its bad and you should run underclock taker instead

>I don't play video games

Attached: 1404948384879.jpg (880x496, 41K)

Nice pulls user

any good links to run with dinos?

What would your reaction be if there was a sort of Kaiju-like Link monster that had a few forward pointing link zones to benifit you? Too OP?

What if you want like 30-40+ cards from a set because you want to run the archetypes?

there arent too many, luckily dinos are not really link reliant and typically only field 1 ED monster at a time.

Should I maybe take some stuff out of this deck to run a brilliant fusion engine? I've been trying it out at locals, and without brothers, you can brick pretty hard, though drawing garnet is also a brick so idk if brilliant fusion will make it any better

Attached: noble knights 3.png (653x521, 683K)

Hey lads. I want to play Gustos with my friend for casual purposes, but the archetype seems so appealing to me for lore purposes that I would consider playing them at my LGS. Is it possible to play Gustos in Link Format or are we doomed to MR3?

Attached: 1520137916243.png (768x960, 1.27M)

Phone what the fuck I was posting *this* waifu

Attached: blessings_for_gusto_by_omgitsjohannes-dbt7f23.jpg (894x894, 128K)

Is it worth buying a box or two of Code of the Duelist if I want to play most/all of the archetypes that it focuses on, want basically all of the link monsters in it, and want the dumb satisfaction of opening packs?

Vendor here.

Tewart is a retard. Selling singles is profitable because vendors buy by the pallet and don't pay for retail.

Yugioh packs are really bad because they are a lottery. The EV is not absymal, but the average player will lose value. On top of that, the player that gains value may pull something they don't need, but because the prices of yugioh are so top-heavy they will have to pay a vendor to exchange their card for something they can use, which further slashes their EV. On top of this, collation in yugioh is so bad, loose packs will almost never have anything of value because the good packs will already be opened.

It's hard to overstate how big a prick tewart is. Everything he says and does is hostile to the players and the game stores that sell his product.

Wouldn't too much of a focus on online vendors and singles hurt the FLGS that host games and tournaments? Or do they make more profit from singles as well?

Sphreez turbo is still something you can do since you only need one on field, but cards like Greatfly and Needlefiber would probably help the deck in links. The bigger problem is that they've always been pretty hard to play, and lack of generic wind support doesn't help.
I'm with you on the lore, I personally still play Ritual Beasts since I like the card art and story.

*blocks ur attack*

Attached: 642C3ABF-A7E5-4A04-975E-A75ED59CBEB3.png (307x450, 358K)

Newbie here, also interested in Gusto for the aesthetic. Why are they hard to play? What exactly is Sphreez turbo?

Sphreez turbo is just bringing out their "boss" Daigusto Sphreez who can't be destroyed by battle and makes it so your opponent takes any damage you would've taken in battle with Gusto monsters.
By hard I mean they're not very good. The way their effect text is written means they can miss timing when they're sent to grave so you can't activate their effects. Also in general they have fairly mediocre cards that are either too slow, require set-up, or are not very relevant.

Vendors and retailers need each other to survive.

The real enemies here are "backpack" dealers that profit from game stores, but don't give anything back to them. These are the guys making pennies on the dollar from selling at tcgplayer low.

All that said, it doesn't have anything to do with why tewart was being a dishonest prick. Cracking packs is NOT the best way to get cards.

That makes sense. I'd like to support the various FLGS in my area, but they are often understocked on Yugioh stuff and only sell MTG singles. They do host a variety of tcg games, but seem to have driven away most non-MTG-playing tcg players (myself included) because they put little effort into any tcg that isn't MTG. Then there's the problem of special sets and some booster boxes being generally cheaper at big box stores and online retailers as well. Is this a common problem, or are the places in my area just shitty? I want to support my FLGS, but all of them just seem to suck for Yugioh (and most other tcg).

Well, to be fair, there isn't very much interest in TCG that aren't Yugioh or Magic. Pokemon is a far third, but more often then not, the interest there is collecting

Game stores can't really help not having singles. Having singles is an indicator of a healthy community, but a game store buying singles online to stock them would be an act of charity. That is, unless the store buys low and sells higher, but there is no return on that investment if there is no yugioh community. The only thing your game store can really sell at first is sealed product.

If you want to support your local scene, the best thing you can do is play there and buy a pack. Foot traffic is everything for a game store. You can't really blame them for not having events or singles unless they are literally turning people away, because you can't run events without players. There's nothing wrong with buying a deck on tcgplayer and then showing up to play as long as you buy a pack to keep the lights on. Once you get people to show up, then you ask them to run events. Konami event software lets you run casual events with small amounts of players. 8 is the minimum for 3 rounds no byes.

That said, some game stores are vape-nation clubhouses that aren't ran like businesses. If that's the case, everybody there is SOL in the long run.

Is there a client that has people playing with pre-link rules?

Duel Links

Symphonic Warrior package works wonders for me in abc. Just three cards, easy sideboard.

I want to do synchro spam and I can't do that with 3 zones

Percypro lets you play pre-link but not many people do though.

Synchros are better than they have been in a long-ass time due to links. Why would you want to play pre-links?

cute

Attached: 1521473026622.png (1439x2093, 3.73M)

That's seriously questionable. What sychro engine are people using? What link monster or MR4 change helps synchro in the tcg?

Every time I read something like this, they either say that pendulum magicians playing psyframe omega or clear wing for the times they happen to summon a tuner counts as synchro doing well, or they mumble something about crystron needlefiber, a card that doesn't exist yet.

The MR4 changes seriously hurt archetypes that were synchro focused because their summoning pattern typically starts with tuners, but if you use them for linking, then you can't synchro. It also hurts that most synchro engines are straight-up too weak to handle the demand of 2-3 more monsters needed for a decode talker or something.

For real though. I would like to play a synchro petdeck and it not be completely terrible, but everybody likes to talk about OCG cards that we may or may not get in the future instead of real decks.

Was there really no lvl 4 machine you could use in place of twin barrel dragon? It's practically a vanilla.

It was my first choice, due to Desperado's search ability, but I've ditched it and have been trying out BM-4 and Genex Crusher.

I'm curious, I haven't been paying attention to vrains but is firewall the protag's signature card? And if so is it the first protagonist card to get restricted?

It used to be, there are speculations that firewall got shafted and that the new ritual is his ace.

You know you there is a thing called the Internet where you can freely play with all those magical "doesn't exist yet" OCG cards, right?

If you need a Desperado search target, use Arcana Force XIV - Temperance. It's a mediocre handtrap effect (literally just OG Kuriboh), but it'll give you something to search with Desperado that actually does anything meaningful without needing Proton Blast and/or Second Coin Flip.

Crystron Needlefiber is the main reason people say that. And before you say something about not being guaranteed to get it, do note that putting it as a Secret in a set would make that set the highest demand set this game has seen in years.

>Crystron Needlefiber is the main reason people say that. And before you say something about not being guaranteed to get it, do note that putting it as a Secret in a set would make that set the highest demand set this game has seen in years.
Putting a ten-year old summoning mechanic behind a $70 paywall is worse than not printing the card at all.

Paying $50 for a box when you can get each card for approximately $.25 a card (mabe .75 if you want to highball) does not come out anywhere close to what you're paying for the set, unless you count the rarer cards in it you'd likely be pulling for.

youtu.be/vlE06_Uuc9s

You can play synchro without needlefiber, you just have to use other links and it will be much slower.

Haven't played duel links in like 5 months. How cucked is my deck?

Attached: Screenshot_20180320-062050.jpg (1080x1337, 919K)

pretty outdated

it's okay. you'll cheese wins with kaibaman blue eyes if they get unlucky and don't draw any answers.

Why are Brazilians so fucking bad at this game?

Thanks again for those who helped me adjust this deck to be better. I'm still testing it to see how the deck works with siding though, since it feels pretty tight. I know it's situational, but does it make sense to take out the one of knights for evenly matched if going second? (I still only have 2, experimenting with my last siding spot (its so damn expensive and I didn't get lucky and pull any like I did with Ash)) when siding, or something else?

Also, any other deck changes you guys would recommend? I played this at locals this week and topped, so that was nice

Attached: noble knights 3.0.png (653x521, 683K)

So it’s just like what happened to flame wingman? Are we getting a archetype as shitty as Neos again?

Nothing can be worse then Neo Spacemen.

Legacy of the Duelist, but it ain't free and the card list isn't 100% up to date to right before Links.

Arcana Forces is pretty terrible. At least Neos have Rainbow Neos

YGO pro, just select "MR4" when hosting. Don't do it though, just adapt and play the game

Ya, but Neos need to run fucking rainbow dragon to get him out. Miracle Fusion helps, but not that much. Plus, Rainbow Neos is excellent, but he doesn't have any protection other then nuking shit. One Castel can pop him

>MR3