In all seriousness, how exactly do space marines negotiate stairs?

Attached: space marine workout.jpg (636x960, 100K)

i assume with mannered words and fine conversation points

Either the building has stairs hardy enough to support them and their weight or the building is fragile enough that they can take it down themselves.

jump packs

Like the armor itself, everything in the imperium is made of fat dumpy garbage that supports itself through plot and SF writers having no sense of scale.

they get piggybacks from Daleks.

Escalators

Why do cosplays never get the scale of power armor right? Thry always grossly oversize the arms, legs, and shoulders and look like michelen men. Its not that hard...
>normal thighs
>slighly larger than normal shins
>normal forearms
>normal, but jacked upper arms
>inside of shoulder guards the same dimensions as upper arms
>big torso

If they're concrete, easily. If they're no, the building isn't worth using, best to just demolish it.

If the building is flimsy enough that it can't bear the weight of a space marine, then all the space marine needs to do to kill his target is shoulder tackle the nearest load bearing wall.

Because the proportions as depicted wouldn't work in reality, you nonce.

Or fragile surfaces like Icy lakes and such. Seems like dangerous terrain or tight spaces in general just completely negate Marines.

Only if you're an emaciated manlet with a female shoulderspan.

I doubt many critical battles were fought on icy lakes.

Post a picture of yourself, if you're not as thick shouldered as a space marine then fuck off to Reddit.

Space marine body proportions are quite off from what real people look like.

Which makes sense in a way, since astartes are quite heavily engineered to not look, act, or function like real people at all. But that makes it hard for us baseline humans to portray them accurately in costume however.

Attached: Marine Proportions.png (674x589, 308K)

Much less so if you scale from the torso and not the head. They have small heads.

I'm not talking about the body proportions, you overweight mongoloid. I'm talking about the armor itself. It was designed, like most fantasy armor, by someone with no education in how armor works without restricting movement to an unreasonable level.

The torso doesnt end halfway under the belt. Power suits even have codpieces, right under where his little loin cloth thing is.

Do tell me more aboit how the cosplay versions, being upsized in scale across the board, are clearly intentional choices by historical armorers to improve mobility.

There was this one time where lukas the trickster got a khornate drop assault directed against a frozen lake

I like the pilot theory best.

Attached: 4f7.jpg (4083x1552, 2.94M)

Their heads are the same size as with normal people, but they have gigantic bodies with masculine features over-exaggerated to absurdity.

Also look at this. Just to reach his arms, the distance from Titus' neck to his shoulders on either side would each have to be as wide as Mira's entire shoulder-to-shoulder width, and she's not that small either.

Attached: Titus and Mira.jpg (1600x900, 172K)

>Draw him as an inflatable wavy arm guy
>"They look like inflatable wavy arm guys because that's how I drew them! Instead of the more logical barrel chested T rexes that they obviously are!"
Whoever drew that was obviously having a joke and you people are idiots for reposting it and taking it seriously.

Attached: gallery_26_548_80597.jpg (873x1200, 207K)

You mean the ones who can't even move their arms above their heads and have to move slowly and deliberately wherever they go?

His head obviously shrunk when he turned to chaos. Not like he needed that room for brains.

VROOM VROOM!

Attached: CIR61_Circus_Clown_Carevent_prop_hire.jpg (450x600, 33K)

Yes I know they have tiny heada. If you gave him a normal sized head and accompanying neck/traps he wouldnt look as absurd, just like a mountainous jacked fucker.

My point is that cosplayers shouldnt comically scale their armor around fictional head size, making themselves look nothing like space marines in the end. Instead they should make it look normal... but with bigger-than-fluff heads.

GET IN!! HWEE CAPTOORING EET FOHR KAY-OHSS!!!

Attached: jessicajeap2.png (280x397, 129K)

"Why dont cosplays make them look right?"
>because the proportions dont work in reality
"They work fine if you're not a manlet"
>nuh uh because armor design prevents them from being mobile
"How does having bigger armor help the cosplayers move around?"
>lol they cant move anywhere

What are you even arguing about now?

>Space marine size debate
>Nobody brings up the only marine in the universe where you can see his big ass fuckoff muscles.

Attached: 99120102060_KharntheBetrayer01[1].jpg (920x950, 112K)

Misquoted post, it's for

>seeing his muscles past those cute frilly tassels

Either way they're quite off from normal humans. Just about any serious attempt to cosplay them is not going to look "right" because SM simply do not have human proportions.

Cosplayers don't have SM shoulder-width, torso size/shape, or limb length either. They'd look absurd regardless. Partly because SM themselves are absurd, partly because it's humans trying to fit themselves into an exaggerated masculine image which has little bearing in reality.

>His head obviously shrunk when he turned to chaos. Not like he needed that room for brains.

>deformed red Wojak with chaos symbol on head.png

Does he have blue pigtails?

He's so kawai

They get to the top in one jump

They are not that big or heavy. A better question would be "how most of Primarchs even walk into a room". Those guys are Dreadnought size and even bigger with all that fancy shit like halos and wings

Ships were made big enough for Cawl type characters before the primarchs were conceived.

Because they are real humans trying to wear a ridiculous design, you dimwit. Next thing you're gonna tell us manlet marines are fucking well proportioned or something...

Yeah dude.
Kharn is best champion.

Jumppacks

Angron made his hair

THE PRIMARY QUESTION is how often to space marines encounter stairs that aren't stone or metal?

Literally never.

That is such a cool model.

>nuCannon
Swallow bleach

During process of additional augmentation Space marine brain cells are transferred from head to other parts of body, thus making head (a) small (b) turn it into sensor array and radiator. That's why sergeants don't wear helmets.

40k interiors were always built like cathedrals. I'm guessing that mars is to blame.

any stairs of strategic importance are made with space marines in mind and are reinforced for their use

Attached: This.jpg (385x196, 15K)

They don't, for they believe that stairs are the evil servants of Chaos.

Imperial Fists: FORTYFYING THE STAIRS
Raven Guard: jetpacks
Dark Angels: stack Fallen under the stairs until they don't break
Salamanders: make their own stairs
Iron Hands: make the stairs into an elevator
Ultramarines: Girlyman gets them primaris stairs
White Scars: stairs are merely a ramp
Black Templars: STAIRS ARE HERETICAL
Space Wolves: stairs are less pressured when we walk on all fours right
Blood Ravens: what stairs?
Flesh Eaters: we ate... oh shit

fpbp

Every fucking one? The whole galaxy is Primarch size? Ships and personal vehicles I can understand, but what if the Primarch need to walk into somelse ship or the human staff quarters? Do they just smash doors, walls and the ceiling or they rip the floor while singing a song about how good is to die for the Emperor...

>Dark angels
>implying stairs exist

elevators.

that is still some really odd body proportions.

Cu-cu-CUUUUTTTEEE!!!!

>but what if the Primarch need to walk into somelse ship or the human staff quarters
Then they... don't do that. You need to talk to someone on the human staff? Then they walk into a room with cathedral architecture to speak with you, because you're a fucking Primarch and they can drop what they're doing to do so.

Because no official art can get the proportions right. Space marines vary from being tall buff guys in moderately bulky armour to 20 foot tall sumo wrestlers in armour the size of a truck. Shoulderpads and hands vary in scale by about three magnitudes between art pieces.

/thread

>heroic scale
Look at military history figures compared to imperial guard - they are very very thin because they are supposed to be realistic

Remember the first HH book when Horus have dinner with some guys from a planet where humans coexist with xenos? How they managed to have Horus walking into their city and even sit in the fucking table to eat with tiny little forks? In the end, this is the best answer

There is no negotiating with stairorists

Kharn the Betrayer doesn't use stairs. In one battle when he heard the hearbeat of some mortals above him, he simply jumped through the lower floor and popped up in front of the guardsmen.

Attached: Khârn_the_Betrayer_Updated.jpg (1536x2048, 714K)

>In all seriousness,
Well there is your first mistake

40k is a fanatical fever dream of british punk sci-fi and heavy metal. It was never built to hold our realistic concepts of scale, sanity, morality or tactics. It exists to give context to endless epic, apocalyptic combat. Stairs have no place in such a world.

Plus, he's Kharn. He could easily just bring the house down on top of them if he felt like it.

Space Marine had the most grounded depictions of anything in 40k
it's the best representation of the universe in a video game if you ask me

Is he buggy the clown?

I miss the multiplayer so much. So much fun jump packing onto a Chaos fool from above with a Thunder Hammer.

It's a shame the servers were P2P. Seemed like I only ever got matched with people across the planet or kids who'd pitch a fit if you killed them and then pulled the plug on their net and kill the match for everyone.

>Whilst wearing their power armour, an unarmed Space Marine typically stands slightly over 2.1m tall and weighs between 500-1,000 kg.

I wonder if a step of my stairs can handle 5-10 of me

Size could just be a visual metaphor of power akin to jappeneese prints. That's my own personal opinion.

It's the weight of a small car, concentrated into the surface area of the segment of the Marine's boot which fits on the stair during his step. That's before the extra pressure with which the Marine steps as he climbs the stairs (could be high if moving quickly).

I dunno if that would collapse most stairs instantly, but that sounds like it could leave a deep mark if nothing else.

honestly i just want to see an image of Horus, warmaster of the imperium, trying to use human sized silverware at a tiny human sized table

he got up there somehow

Attached: trjfjkf.png (808x633, 626K)

and look what he did the stairs and floors below him, by even attempting such a feat he leveled the building

Attached: TgqfEe4.jpg (640x634, 68K)

>HURR I CAN'T INTO PERSPECTIVE!
MUH SMALL HEAD MEME!

Those outlines are retarded.

while not an inflatable wacky tube man, his head does seem too small for his body so idk why you call it a meme but someone else in thread already posted a good version

doesn't the imperium have plasteel and other advanced materials to build with? i would also presume their stairs are XBOXhueg as their boots, kinda like how modern american stairs are way bigger than the stuff you see in ancient ruins.

i mean, its probably a problem on some feudal worlds, but its only really a population for the populace. I mean, if your looking for heretics in every basement in the town, is falling through the floor into said basements really a problem?

Attached: letthebodieshitthefloor.jpg (225x225, 6K)

If it makes you feel better.

Their heads are tiny compared to their bodies though

Attached: Human, Basketball Player, Marine, Power Armor.jpg (750x429, 71K)

Because they are cosplaying as tiny miniatures that have shit proportions.

Space Marines would be about the size of this guy but a little bit wider and much stronger, their boots wouldn't be all that big to the point of not being able to use stairs, and any concrete stairs would be able to take their huge weight.

Attached: e43d131b07743b638280e11f26e552f7.jpg (426x679, 50K)

Perspective needs some dramatic ass angles or immense size for it to matter to this degree.

Shut the fuck up if you don't know about art and you want to bring it up

>Space Marines would be about the size of this guy
They'd be bigger, actually. Going by wikipedia Hafthor Bjornsson is 206cm/6ft 9in 417-441lbs/189-200kg. The average Space Marine is 213cm/7ft and probably 50kg/90lbs~ish heavier in just their socks. Strongmen like him though are not a bad visualisation though, I often use him for my 40krpg players as just that.

Is there any info on the shortest Space Marines?
I never read anything about the Alpha Legion, but during the Horus speech to the traitor legions Alpharius is described as having to stand in order to look more impressive while his brother Primarchs were sitting.
I imagine the Alpha Legion takes after him in that aspect, so, are they like, real short? Maybe short enough to pretend to be just a ridiculously huge strongmen but not an Astartes?

Attached: 1483816170178.gif (627x502, 941K)

Other way around actually, Alpharius is short but all the Alpha Legion marines are tall, so that the tallest marines can actually pose as Alpharius.

>how exactly do space marines negotiate stairs?
They don't. Negotiation is for diplomats...

You drew the legs waaay out of proportion. See how the hand doesn't really actually fill the entire gauntlet? Legs are the same way.

They are the tallest marines (something around 8ft I think) and have the shorter Primarch, that's how Alpharius blend in

>tfw I'm 7'4 With freakishly broad shoulders so I can cosplay space marines proportionally

Attached: 1518058060513.jpg (250x250, 14K)

If it's a flimsy building they'd probably level it and save the trouble. If it's an important building then they'd send in scouts.

Attached: Raven_Guard_Scout.jpg (1344x1483, 658K)

>huumies are the only one who have stairs
what about tau stairs?

How do you know the xenos weren't fucking huge? Most xenos in 40k are. Your elf waifus are like 8 foot 5 or something.

Eldrad is mentioned as being able to talk to Girlyman at eye level while the Primarch is in full armor. But Eldrad is also mentioned as having always been unusually tall even for an Eldar.

So it seems most Eldar hover around seven feet tall.

The hand fills one gauntlet fine, it's only the right/their left one that's absurdly large. the legs are probably from massive boots

Was a Word Bearer drop ship but yeah, there is that.

The left gauntlet is very visibly a mechanical hand controlled from the inside.

I get the impression that the average Eldar isn't super tall due to one of the Guardsman "enemy spotted" quotes from DoW1

they take their armor off.

Ah yes. Dawn of War. With the backflipping terminator armored marine.

Also in one book a bunch of Eldar use some bullshit psyker abilities to disguise themselves and everyone just overlooks them as 'extremely tall humans'. Somehow.