/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding and or Veeky Forums Monster Girl thread

We talk about Monstergirls and build a setting for them. Though we can all post pics and images and art of Monster Girl Encyclopedia monster girls and take about them. But bear in mind this is not KCs MGE canon to the letter. Seriously lads a lot of people have their ideas and they aren't all the same, we can all agree to disagree. Just remember to have fun.

Warhammer Fantasy roleplay homebrew link:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit

Dungeon World Monster Classes.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tnxUNkYKWeDtVtyPk8sYAiTsfwBwcNeC1DKg_0GTb8U/edit?usp=sharing

Wikis for popular Monstergirl settings:

Monster Mosume (Everyday Life with Monstergirls):
>dailylifewithamonstergirl.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Monster_Girls_Wiki

Monstergirl Encyclopedia:
>mgewiki.com/w/Main_Page

Monstergirl Quest:
>monstergirlquest.wikia.com/wiki/MonsterGirlQuest_Wiki

Monster Girls have taken over The Institute and has monster girl-ified the androids/synths edition.

>Resetting systems to accommodate new "Monster Girl-ification" protocols
>New protocol installed and enabled
>New Directive added
>Scanning for human male life forms
>Scanning
>Scanning unknown enitity
>Scanned Entity confirmed as lone human male
>Initiating monster girl-robo-waifu protocols
>Capture and seize human male to become as husband
>Must capture human male, to protect, to care for and to love
>The Demon Lord and her lilim and succubi daughters wills this
>All hail the Demon Lord, her Husband and daughters

Attached: __synth_strider_fallout_and_fallout_4_drawn_by_fangdan_runiu__74aa21e763e5e1173863932fc89f6a36.jpg (719x955, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ilniaj/The_Nature_of_Gods
monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ilniaj/Heroes_of_the_Order
docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57840963/#57843511
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58240533/#58254279
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58345697/#58382299
pastebin.com/usV4cPjL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous thread:

Attached: Automaton Girl.jpg (1393x1903, 907K)

>monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ilniaj/The_Nature_of_Gods
>monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ilniaj/Heroes_of_the_Order
Since people liked my fanlore in the last thread, I'm reposting it. Also, I used a site that doesn't need an account to view this time.

should use 1d4chan

My fanlore would probably (and I would say, rightfully) get deleted for being off-topic.

I wonder if our general setting will someday get codified there.

What setting?

You know the one we’ve been coming up with locations and customs and cultures and a smidgeon of history for. I know they have some setting info from Harem Knights in there.

You mean the incredibly contradictory and scattered """setting""" where nothing has any relation to anything else?

We have some fun notes and elements and a few pieces of writefag material that are/were worth saving.

If not 1d4 chan I feel like someone should at least be curating a pastebin or mega.

What for? What would you even use this on since there's no MGERPG being worked on?

The computer I have is stupid old. I plan on getting a new one in a couple months- that happen I’ll get to making a proper map.

Fun?

>You mean the incredibly contradictory and scattered """setting""" where nothing has any relation to anything else?
those flaws exist because there is no central repository to post things and make them intereact. alot of fluff gets forgotten because they get lost in time like tears in rain. the solution to that problem is to fix it with a place to deposit our fluff.

anyway here is a boob thing. i think it looks nice. i think it and other similar jewelry will form part of the desert mermaids clothing style.

Attached: 1494831332_8643.jpg (800x800, 367K)

so, back into some topic
how do you think heroes should work?
should all of them be blessed by the Chief God?
or would there be others blessed by say, the Deity of War or Combat?
or should heroes be common people that pushed themsleves and broke the limiter?

Attached: 1438180501761.jpg (1306x1012, 669K)

I think Heroes should be what happens when a human goes 'dire', kind of like what happens to animals in pathfinder.

Heroes have anime tier power levels.

They are blessed by the gods, but it can be any of the ‘real’ gods.

Heroes can be from any strata of society, but are predominantly teenagers.

You can have faux heroes, like those granted powers by the abyss who are functionally similar, but the corruption this entails means these ones are all pretty much monstergirls.

Also Demigods exist.

Attached: 1514407747522.jpg (527x644, 76K)

>JRPG isekai heroes
only as antagonists

Attached: 1519325710718.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>should all of them be blessed by the Chief God?
No.
>or would there be others blessed by say, the Deity of War or Combat?
Each of them is blessed by a god and it could be any god.
>or should heroes be common people that pushed themselves and broke the limiter?
I would say that before gaining the blessing, heroes were quite strong and experienced already. The blessing of the gods just adds something on top of that. It's in my fanlore at the top.

oh, must've missed it then
is WH user here?
am not familiar with the system, so was wondering if there are blessings or bonuses granted by clerics of Sigmar in it or something of the like

>docs.google.com/document/d/1-khJ4fE5v2MyrumyZoauEJ4VIucMO-kP1MGHNVtaDkc/edit
I am WH user. And yes, just read the doc. I've made Priest type not gain any bonuses because I think they are represented by the divine lore they gain.

now that I think on it, have the Order realms been developed?
I mean, so far it's generalized as
>north Gothic
>south Italian/Lombard
so maybe we should talk about which/how many lands it's actualy comprised of?

Attached: 1484048486465.jpg (2400x1522, 446K)

Well we said Lescatie should be imperial Russia styled, and the Order stealing all the cool catholic aesthetics.

Way back when I suggested the Ordee capital be a floating island over a Great Lake. Wasn’t well recieved.

>floating island
by floating do you mean suspended over the water?

Which girl would give me the best death?
No vore pls

>best death
there is no death user, only eternal love

Attached: 1470997156857.jpg (1003x869, 125K)

Yes.

Historically it would have been reached by eagle or dragon mounts but now airships make travel much easier.

It’s position as a floating island means that while it isn’t invulnerable (it has been raised by Demon Lords past) it’s defensible location makes it the best place to put humanities nerve center (which the Order views itself as) in preparation for a Demon Lord invasion.

I’m also wondering if the Gods would slap down some teleportation gates in the city to help secure the Orders control (and thusly their control as well) as it would make the Order Capital a center of communication and travel.
Can I ask why you need to know?

Mindflayer if you count brain death.

>Monster Girls have taken over The Institute and has monster girl-ified the androids/synths edition.

Attached: 3E1E64BF-42F2-4673-BFC7-0B747B22E371.png (259x194, 13K)

I just like to imagine Synths as the final form of Golems.

But what other scifi monstergirls would work? Super Mutant girls?

I want a cute girl to kill me, obviously

Attached: 11142259_431631570345459_328600682_n.jpg (640x640, 118K)

How do monster girl towns exist? Won't they just get pillaged for wives until non-existance?

Wouldn’t it be the reverse? They constantly pillage for husbands to survive?

Sorry just jumping in here not knowing how much is based on KC canon, are monster girls not sought after in the setting so far?

Well not especially.

Some are prized for the goods they produce (like Holstaurs and milk) others such as dragons are prized as soldiers, and there is a thriving slave trade, but most girls sell themselves into slavery getting rid of the need for slave raids.

Now many prize monsters for their beauty, but if anything humans would need more men because of their completion with monsters for husbands. And if a guy wants to land a monster girl, he really only needs to walk into monster lands.

>Historically it would have been reached by eagle or dragon mounts but now airships make travel much easier.
I like the general idea, but I see why it didn't get support, the majority supported a setting of XVI century tech (me included), I would consider an Avalon-esque Castle town in a lake or a moat totally halal or on top of a mountain "because it's closer to heaven"
>I’m also wondering if the Gods would slap down some teleportation gates in the city to help secure the Orders control (and thusly their control as well) as it would make the Order Capital a center of communication and travel.
sounds more interesting, but then if everyone gets teleport it'd make land travel useless, I would propose using this but making it so under specific parameters like:
>it's a Terminator-like teleportation, only living beings are transported unless they're angels or divine intervention allows fully armed teleport and only in dire circumstances
>it's not feasible to teleport long distances, instead it's a system of points dotting the land, which would explain the prevalence of temples since teleportation is allowed by the gods

Attached: 1443819741304.jpg (307x352, 33K)

>but most girls sell themselves into slavery getting rid of the need for slave raids.
dude, no, no one supports this, why do you keep posting it?

Attached: 1443888978664.png (1800x1332, 223K)

I still don’t see the big hubbub though. So long as their are flying mounts (and maybe warp gates) I think it’s feasible to have a floating city interacting with the rest of the world (they’d have enough farmland on the island to not need to import much food), and I think airships as a new technology fits with the renaissance theme.

I was thinking more it’s really impractical to march armies or trade Caravans from one gate to another through the city, so it’s saved for important diplomatic envoys, or in case of demon invasion, and even then people find reasons to avoid using them if possible. So I think they needn’t be gamebreakers and most people still travel by air land or sea.

Because it’s the base lore and I think it eliminates a lot of the nasty stuff about having monstergirl slaves.

Also don’t make declarative statements like that.

It depends on how much they know about monstergirls and if a human doesn't steal them away first.

hey there new user, as far as KC canon, it's mostly the bestiary minus the "it needs semen to live" and corruption is only inherent in demons and witches, the Order exists, location references are accepted, though named kingdoms like Lescatie are up to debate
monstergirls are sought as the other user mentioned minus the "they sell themsleves part", but consider the like the Gerudo, looking for a husband and having progeny is expected from monstergirl enclaves, though this stance is lax when the population is high enough
also, no pedo, ever

Attached: rene-descartes.jpg (300x219, 43K)

So as a hypothetical question, given how Monsters react to violence and murder of any sort (literally being repulsed utterly by it and those who revel in it), how would they react to something like the Beldam? A creature who talks about "love" and care like they do (or at least similarly enough anyway), but in the same breath will literally try and murder (and has succeeded) young kids for sustenance. Seems like they'd definitely be at odds for sure.

Attached: The_Beldam.jpg (1920x1040, 174K)

>Because it’s the base lore
no, it isn't, it's you posting your fetish which has been repeatedly shot down time and time again
do I really have to post the threads in the archive to refute this?

Attached: 1443922987207.jpg (357x402, 62K)

I think we haven’t nailed down the specifics of corruption outside of ‘not all monsters are inherently corrupt’ and corruption isn’t OP.
Well presumably pump that monster species so full of corruption they become harmless overly affectionate milfs.
Yes it is (by base I mean KC lore, I use the term new lore for what we are coming up with, and please don’t drag this into a KC lore debate) and what I’m saying is I’m not convinced it’s ‘the whole thread’ who disagrees with me. It is more likely one or two vocal individuals and most other people not caring.

Now we could hash out again how slavery actually works in the setting, and the like, weigh the pros and cons and the logic for each, but I have the suspicion you don’t actually want to help flesh out the slavery trade.

Honestly I could see things like the Beldam existing as a (different flavor of?) corrupted Monster -- what happens when the current Demon Lord's agenda mixes really, REALLY poorly with something *else*. After all, there are more powers in this universe than just the DL and Chief God. And I imagine they wouldn't get along with normal or even DL-Corrupt Monstergirls, but that the Monsters wouldn't really know how to handle the situation since "just kill them" is, to monster psyche at least, a kind of over-simplified answer to a complicated problem.

>Well presumably pump that monster species so full of corruption they become harmless overly affectionate milfs.
Not sure that would work. Beldam's seem like their "love" (read: hunger) is so all-consuming that even if Demonic Energy could twist them, they'd still have an ingrained desire to straight-up eat kids all whilst desiring semen.

This might also have to take the Passageway into account, since if the Beldam is actually (unknowingly) serving it by gobbling up kids, then it might be more than a little annoyed at something trying to corrupt it's servant away from it. Then again, it didn't give two shits about Coraline escaping from the Beldam, so who can say?

Monstergirls substitute kill with brainwashing. Kinda like the Qunari. If possible pump that sunuvabitch with corruption to turn them into something that won’t kill people. Free will is good and all, but isn’t it better to try to make something productive to society than to end their life or just lock them up?

Keep in mind corruption does more than make someone hot and horny. It instilled several physically mandated instincts- such as the aforementioned physical revulsion towards murder, as well as basic compassion, physical rejection of ingesting human (or other sapient creatures) flesh, and of course the physical rejection of men other than their husband.

Even if a Beldam kept her old psyche intact if she tried to eat anyone her body would start self-destructing on her until she stopped.

>Beldams
>Productive to society
They eat kids user. An active Beldam without restrictions could likely despoil entire generations worth of folk, with known the wiser until it's too late. And I wouldn't be surprised if they target Monster families along with human ones. Especially since one of the kids killed in the original novel was a full-blown fairy, which already shows that Beldams have absolutely no qualms about eating their own kin if need be.

Yes. But don’t think the vast majority of Monsters prior to the Demon Lord were in the same boat? In MGE it’s alluded to that the majority of monsters murdered for funsies, constantly ate people, and did the much much less fun versions of rape.

She elevated Zombies for instance, mindless devourers of flesh, into comparatively less harmful wandering rapists who over time can gain more intelligence becoming productive citizens. So if Zombies are given a second chance, I don’t see why Beldams wouldn’t. That said it’s not like her forces will be overly gentle when they pump the species full of corruption.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/57840963/#57843511
>Monsters are more than willing to sell themselves into slavery, they see it as a dating service.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58240533/#58254279
>A lot of these girls sell themselves into slavery or take their servant duties extremely seriously- being raised to worship the gods, and their servants (ie humans and demihumans).

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/58345697/#58382299
>Besides this isn’t chattel slavery where slaves are tight-packed and tossed overboard when they kick the bucket. I would think most monstergirls willingly sell themselves into slavery, and slavers can turn a profit without having to play the numbers game.

>Now we could hash out again how slavery actually works in the setting, and the like, weigh the pros and cons and the logic for each, but I have the suspicion you don’t actually want to help flesh out the slavery trade.
there is nothing to gain out of such discussion besides pointlessly arguing that you want to use some form of idealized indentured servitude as model for slavery, because REAL slavery makes you uncomfortable and last thread already went to hell because of the "Order monstergirls are essentially Uncle Toms" arguing, slavey existing is an already accepted point if onloy becuse of the roleplaying potential it could have in a campaign, but stop trying to fetishize it or downplay it

Attached: 1448664937468.png (574x409, 253K)

Look let me just lay down a few points-
-I think we can agree that Slavery would exist in the setting on both sides.
-I think we can agree we don’t want a chattel slavery model because it’s unnecessarilly grimdark, out of place for the period, and there isn’t much to gain by doing it for any side.
-the setting while not just for fetish is still a lot about fetishes because the inherent premise was a Succubus thought she could fix all the worlds problems with fucking.
-sex slaves are hot.

Hence I don’t think my overall position as you outline is very outlandish.

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME MINDFLAYERS DON'T HURT THEIR HUBBIES GODFUCKINGDAMMIT

Fuck you, I support it. I love it, even.

>no pedo, ever
Baphomet Sabbath says otherwise

They don't feel a thing.

Can you please stop with the whole "Monster Girls would sell themselves to slavery just to get a husband" shit. Its not "based upon" Kencou Cross's Monster Girl Encyclopedia, and it definitely will not work in this here monster girl setting that we're basing and and taking inspiration from Kencou Cross's Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

People are against this mostly because it downplays monster girls and degrades them into stupid bimbos who'd throw themselves to evil men to be used as meat puppets. Plus this literally screams Humanity Fuck Yeah pretentiousness which easily gets annoying.

By all means it should be lowly humans who'd sell themselves to slavery for monster girls, specifically human men would sell themselves to monster girls to escape the harshness of poverty and to have a monstrous but beautiful and strong and powerful womanly being to take care of them.

Well i'd you should stop supporting a stupid idea that downplays slavery an evil, heinous and despicably inhumane and abhorrent crime.

And fuck you for advocating a stupid-ass fetishy idea which reeks of HFY undertones.

You do realize just because I find sex slaves hot, I don’t actually support slavery as an institution. I mean, that should be self evident right?

Speaking of slavery, if dark elves become monstergirls and regular elves don't, and pharaohs aren't even monsters except apparently they are, does that just mean black people become monstergirls and white people don't?

No?

Skin tone is just skin tone. The only thing I’d say is since I find gyarus hot, a lot of monsters tan to match dark elf fashion.

>sex slaves

That's pretty much why we're rather livid with this notion. Sex slaves, except this isn't a complete one-hundred percent /d/ setting we're making. But more of a "homebrew" based around said popular /d/ monster girl setting because said /d/ setting had some rather thoughtout and elaborate lore and worldbuilding compared to almost every hentai shit out there.

Thus alot of us are working, discussing, and arguing how this homebrew would work out as a game even. Yet here you are just fapping about muh sex slavery and that other guy who's downplaying such a disgustingly inhumane crime going on like-

>"Oh this isn't the bad evil slavery, duuuuuh, its uhhhhh- I find sex slaves hot and we can assume the monster girl slaves and human master husbands love each other! Huurrr!"

>"This isn't chattel slavery which is the mean and bad type in our real world! This is '''''Indentured Servitude''''' where the monster girls just work very very very and really really really hard and they soon be free people duuuhhh huuuhh"

Stop it, its stupid and its a degrading bastardization on what monster girls are all about:

Powerful and monstrous entities who are actually dominant towards human men. But are loving and caring and even motherly towards human men.

And again, it should be human men selling themselves to slavery to monster girls. That makes way more sense.

You can have both. I’ve never said you can’t have male sex slaves. But it’s rather hypocritical of you to call it monstergirl sex slaves as /d/ but then turn around and saying that human male was slaves aren’t.

>You do realize just because I find sex slaves hot
> I don’t actually support slavery as an institution
>Does not support slavery
>yet gets turned on by sex slavery

Wow man, just wow.

PICK ONE AND ONLY ONE YOU FUCKING BASTRAD!!!!

This is why we hate this stupid shit you're trying to peddle.

Are you trying to tell me fetishes have to make sense now?

To give a more complete response-

I’m not fapping I’m the guy coming up with most of the map lore, I can multitask and contribute both fetish and non-Feige parts of the setting.

I’m not trying to invalidate your view if monstergirls as gentle femdom. You can still have that. So please don’t try to invalidate my view of monstergirls as submissive and reverent. I can appreciate both.

*non-fetish

How did the MCU work it’s way into my post?

>-the setting while not just for fetish is still a lot about fetishes because the inherent premise was a Succubus thought she could fix all the worlds problems with fucking.
>-sex slaves are hot.

Attached: 1414569157277.jpg (231x222, 46K)

why is there so much hate in this thread?
it makes me not want to contribute.
can we all just appreciate cute monstergirls and build a world?

Attached: b1b919039bf8e5d14dedbbffba66e867.jpg (540x764, 73K)

or you could just keep them in your pants

I think there’s a subset of people in this thread who are unrealistic in their expectations of realism.

Anyway what constructive topic would you like to discuss? Pirates? Mermaids?

I’m interested in discussing where else there may be floating landmasses, though I expect most would be too small to have a city on. The Mist Continent perhaps?

kinda hard to do that when you try to build a realpolitik world with monstergirls in it and then you have people trying to move that aside and just circlejerk about bimbos
btw thanks for that mermaid pdf user, you're a saint

Dude chill. If you want an earnest discussion don’t make assumptions about the other side. Clearly state your viewpoint, let the other person clearly state theirs, see what you can do to meet in the middle. Even if we still disagree afterwards we’ll have a better understanding of what the other person wants and thinks.

Do you want to discuss mmfabtastic aerial warfare?

>Well i'd you should stop supporting a stupid idea
This whole thread is arguably a stupid idea, so I don't think you should be throwing stones.

>mmfabtastic aerial warfare?
>flying gunships in an proto age of sail setting
unless you mean harpies, wyverns and angels ace combat, no

Attached: 5c2.jpg (499x474, 68K)

>Nipples in image
Enjoy your vacation

Its art and not for pornographic purposes, like this classic.

Attached: Aphrodite-sea-foam-birth.jpg (600x600, 150K)

>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
idem

Automatons remember the time before the demon lord.
Automatons wish to prevent that time from returning at all costs.

Someone explain to me why airships don’t work because I don’t get it.

Like it’s clear I’m not talking about zeppelins right? Here’s my thinking-
-age of sail ships, check
-handwave some crystal stuff to allow ships to float in the air
-throw in some basic machines (think some Leonardo da Vinci stuff) to help in maneuverability
-have a line of canon to flesh out combat.

Seems pretty simple, and given we have harpies, dragons and their riders, and eagle mounts (least no-ones rejected that) it’s less of a game changer more of an equalizer, so it seems to me it should be innoffensive.

Also I want to know what anti-air measures would be used, airburst canonshot?

I support this.

I picture the current setting as something of a grimbright cutesy cheesecake setting that has several terrifying problems as you look under the hood, but that is a massive improvement over its past where it was an ultra-grimdark setting constantly reliving the worst of the dark ages for millenia.

>handwave
>asking what's the problem

Attached: 1480340416612.jpg (1000x1166, 433K)

Are wyvern knights order-aligned?
Can't see how unless the knights take an oath to only marry pure humans which means their mounts are forever in the friendzone.

>handwave some crystal stuff to allow ships to float in the air
this is why magitek posters should be shot

Attached: 1472453895938.png (683x1024, 900K)

>Like it’s clear I’m not talking about zeppelins right?
>when fire elementals are a thing
>not using balloons with gremlin bombarders chucking handgrenades
talk about shit taste fampai

Why? Seriously why is this an issue? You expect me to explain how the crystal manages to sidestep the boyouncy principle?
Yes they are order aligned. I figure the nation that has most of them was like ‘look if we want to keep the flying firebreathing lizards the menfolk are going to need to make some sacrifices’.

Well I figured people would ree hard at regulat balloons, since that wasn’t a thing until the late 1700’s, while ‘sea ship with extra doodads’ seemed simpler.

But if people are cool with war balloons I’m okay with that.

Airships, in my mind, would be fairly simple:
> lifting gas (magically infused? some way to ensure that it is powerful enough to keep the vessel afloat) and a large envelope (treated with either a chemical or magical compound to reduce flammability and puncture risk)
> relatively flat or utalitarian undercarriage on smaller vessels, larger ones have ship-like designs
> larger ships use steam engines, smaller ships use wind or alternatively hand cranks a la early Civil War submarines
> steam engines use down or side turned stacks with various anti spark precautions (locomotive style diamond stacks, wire grids, etc.)
> supply of coal/oil and water are kept either slung over sides or within large drums in the hold
> boiler is kept secure and can be dismounted for repair
> primary weapons are designed to target enemy envelope; grapeshot, chainshot, the like, with actual hull-targeting roundshot being fairly rare
> swivel guns and other light cannons are heavily used, with large harder to aim items being more rare
> boarding is very rare because one ship usually must retreat owing to damage to envelope before entering such range, crew use muskets (matchlock or flintlock's up to you)

Handwavium for lifting is gay as all hell and honestly reeks of laziness. If you want a proper airship, use a zeppelin- it's a good way of immediately granting a mechanical difference to these ships as opposed to mounts.

Attached: flying in style.jpg (1200x756, 153K)

I agree with a couple points disagree with a few others. Big one being I think the steam engine is too advanced.

Here’s what I’m not getting- it’s not like this is a low fantasy setting. Gods are real and active, pocket dimensions are a cottage industry, and dragons are shapeshifters. While I support keeping the series relatively grounded i’m not seeing how fantasy airships cross the line- of it’s already a pretty silly setting why can’t we say simply ‘it’s crystals’.

Anyway as to design I like most of your ideas. I’m not sold on the zeppelin design though. I was thinking airships would be one deckers- with a top deck, maybe with a balloon or blimp type thing on the top deck in place of sails. I’m thinking a line of light canons on the deck wit a few swivel guns on the top deck or at the front.

Also boarding be avoided makes sense as who would want to risk falling off while trying to board.

pastebin.com/usV4cPjL

Misceus has been updated; fixed a contradiction, added acknowledgement of humans, clarified a few things on the religious end (still need to get down how people deal with festivals and the importance of organised debate), got down their architecture and advanced industries (besides the Mail Harpies, of course) and the biggest change: Clarified how the government works.
I'm not sure how effective that clarification is, because it's basically a mash together of what I remember about the Roman Republic's political structure, with a bit of modern government thrown in and some stuff that I used to stitch them all together.

I spent some time typing up the actual structure of the Legion, but then it started to get into numbers and I'm not sure how populated Misceus is supposed to be. It was working on a weird blend of Byzantine and Roman military structure and terminology, but I don't know how it would have turned out, I'm not a military guy. That's been put to one side, not totally scrapped, but it's not been included.

So, yeah. I'm not sure if I made anything better or worse by including all that, but it's there, so if anybody wants to tell me it's shit or it's great, what it's missing or what it could do with cutting, do tell me; I'm not sure I'm the most verbose person in the world and don't feel entirely confident.

Attached: The Romefags are skeptical.jpg (506x316, 63K)

The Greeks had a primitive steam engine (the aeolipile, I'm probably spelling that wrong). Some historians say that the only reason they didn't have an industrial revolution was poor resources and the fact that slaves were simply cheaper.

It's not Earth you're making- you can throw in literally any technology as long as it has some sort of justification (steam engines save labor, perhaps a genius engineer from a sparsely populated place invented the basic design).

If that doesn't work, hand cranks or wind propulsion work just as well.

Airships would probably not be huge fuckoff sky carracks with 3 decks. A one decker design would nicely fit larger vessels, while smaller ones wouldn't even have ship like bottoms (just various boxes and catwalks).

>It's not a low fantasy setting
Not to you, maybe. I'd say pocket dimensions are the kind of shit that can be put together by a number of beings you can count on one hand, and Gods aren't showing up and smiting shit on a regular basis, it's more mystical and vague than that.
Sure, Dragons might be shapeshifters, but they're DRAGONS, they're not exactly all over the place and they're exceptionally powerful for what they are.
Hell, I personally don't see any magic on a large scale - sure, your elemental or Salamander might be able to start a fire without aid, but they're not going to be summoning walls of flame anytime soon, or ever. That one's probably more just me though.

Can confirm, Ancient Greeks nearly stumbled on the Steam Engine.
I am eternally sad Rome never managed to somehow make that work and become an Industrial Power on the back of steam. This would be the best possible timeline if it also somehow killed Hadrian.

Attached: Feels Bad, man.jpg (677x782, 59K)

I can't remember if they are, but I imagine they would be since their main dealings and proposed location is with the Order

Hey don’t be so down on yourself.

Anyway so are we doing that idea where anytime someone spergs out on religion they have to do a debate with that guy?
True, but I feel having a steam engine in it is a can of worms best left closed.

But yeah, I was thinking propulsion is mostly wind and hand cranked fans.

Also if I’ve not made it clear, I think airships should be a recent technology, hence ship design at the beggining has them be mostly single deckers. Civilian aircraft, such as used by the harpy postal service and wealthy merchants would remove the guns for more storage.

I was thinking more along the lines of something like pic related, with a system of a fire elemental powering the baloon and to give it direction, being pulled by flying creatures
as another user mentioned, introducing airships nullifies sailships and the age of adventure it implied, so using baloons should be considered a riskier option and something not deigned for long travel but for a quick assault or a siege

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I mean I think we can find a middle ground.

For instance- mages are mostly for fancy light shows- they can hurt you with spells and such but they aren’t minor deities and it’s something most can do with training.

Gods shouldn’t be stepping down to duke it out constantly yes, as that’d ruin the power levels, but people throughout history have met them and most people aknowledge they are in fact real.

I think though with pocket dimensions small ones, say the size of a few acres are relatively easy to come up with (maybe for instance a race of Doom styled summoners or genies can whip up one with the right materials) but it takes something on the level of a demigod is required to create one the size of a small continent.
As the son of a Scotsman what’s your beef with Hadrian?

War Balloons were mostly used for scouting and drawing battlefield maps.

I don’t get how airships mess with the age of sail stuff. Like is it that you think everyone would switch to air travel? If so how about we just say airships aren’t built for travel across oceans, and are much smaller than sea ships (hence they’d be preferred for travel and trade by a lot of people) and they can’t go over certain altitudes (ie they can’t criss certain mountain ranges).

Yeah, I'll add something on oration and religious debate at some point. That's probably going to be done the same time I codify entertainment in Miscea in general, because that kind of stuff is a public event people turn up to.
Which should be next on the list thinking about it, because sod doing more structural work for the time being.

Also did somebody want me to codify the Moth Convent for whatever reason, because I can get that done in like a day, it's mostly a ctrl+c ctrl+v job.